Moderators: bwgood77, Kerrsed, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,936

Re: Game 15: Phoenix Suns (11-3) @ Dallas Mavericks (9-5) l Fridayl 10:00pm 

Post#21 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:32 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:
matt131 wrote:I was finally able to make a game last night. Huge crowd which was awesome to see.

Frustrating first 3 quarters but man we turned it on in the 4th. CP3 was straight surgical with his shots and assists in the 4th. Booker's block and then three point shot had the crowd so hyped. I say we actually won by 15 since we were up by 15 with 2 minutes left and then started to just kind of give up but the Mavs kept trying. Monty putting in a bench squad that could barely inbound the ball when we were only up 8 with 1 minute left was.....dumb.

Also the line was PHX -8.5 and Nader missed BOTH free throws with a chance to push our lead over the 8.5 hahaha if people didn't hate him before they sure will be mad at him now.

A spread higher than 2 or 3, people need to stay away. A lot of apps allow you to take alternate spreads. Definitely recommend doing that. Anyone that bets a high spread deserve to lose. There’s always a back door play at the end of a game that will cause someone to lose. That’s my gambling advice lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to bet a lot on sports and did on basketball for awhile but eventually stopped because the meaningless play at end of games could just impact it.

It is amazing though that Nader only needs to hit 1 of 2 to win by 9 and he misses both. I would have been very pissed.
matt131
Analyst
And1: 3,036

Post#22 » by matt131 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:54 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
King4Day wrote:NBA radio this morning talking about how the Suns are a legit title threat.
I still need to see more. I need us against a couple healthy teams (GSW for one) and to see if we compete or if our flaws are exposed.
As great as this streak has been, I still don't like a lot of what I've seen during this stretch. I am pretty sure we haven't put together a full game yet. Hopefully it's just that they need to continue to grow and build chemistry with the new guys.

Could just be me too. Maybe I'm overthinking things

If we beat Denver, we'll have avenged our 3 losses this season.

Yeah, I certainly have not been impressed in overall play outside of 4th quarters. But we started slow last year so I'm not going to worry about it, and we are winning nonetheless.

And if the way we win is to just hang with teams until the 4th and then turn it on, so be it. Makes it harder for them to do halftime adjustments if they don't know what we got coming in the 4th (kind of joking there..we are simply just stepping up, playing better, executing better, and somehow hitting more or our shots in the 4th).

But the main reason I'm cautiously optimistic is that SOS.

We haven't played any of the other teams in the top 13 (record wise) other than Denver, who beat us pretty easily, without Murray, and the Doncic-less Mavs, who hung with those for most of the game without one of the best players in the league.

I think that first game of the season can be thrown out a bit. Suns seemed to treat (I think even Monty said this) the beginning of the season as part of training camp and to get into shape due to our very short offseason. I'd also imagine we'd be winning these games by a bit more if he wasn't playing an entire bench unit for like 10+ minutes. Last night there was an extended period of Payne/Shamet/Nade/Johnson/McGee. I feel like last year we rarely played without one of Booker or Paul on the floor. If we can win these games with Paul really only exerting himself in the 4th (which he did masterfully last night) then I'm okay. Sure makes it tense to watch though. I'm wondering if in games against better teams we will see more of a stagger with one of Paul or Booker on the court for the entire game.
matt131
Analyst
And1: 3,036

Post#23 » by matt131 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:57 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
matt131 wrote:I was finally able to make a game last night. Huge crowd which was awesome to see.

Frustrating first 3 quarters but man we turned it on in the 4th. CP3 was straight surgical with his shots and assists in the 4th. Booker's block and then three point shot had the crowd so hyped. I say we actually won by 15 since we were up by 15 with 2 minutes left and then started to just kind of give up but the Mavs kept trying. Monty putting in a bench squad that could barely inbound the ball when we were only up 8 with 1 minute left was.....dumb.

Also the line was PHX -8.5 and Nader missed BOTH free throws with a chance to push our lead over the 8.5 hahaha if people didn't hate him before they sure will be mad at him now.

A spread higher than 2 or 3, people need to stay away. A lot of apps allow you to take alternate spreads. Definitely recommend doing that. Anyone that bets a high spread deserve to lose. There’s always a back door play at the end of a game that will cause someone to lose. That’s my gambling advice lol

I used to bet a lot on sports and did on basketball for awhile but eventually stopped because the meaningless play at end of games could just impact it.

It is amazing though that Nader only needs to hit 1 of 2 to win by 9 and he misses both. I would have been very pissed.

Last night was the first time I ever placed a bet. The FanDuel sports bar thing sure made it easy to do (I come from California as well so it was less complicated then trying to fake my location on an app). I am not sure I could get too into it since I'm fairly protective with my money, but it was a fun activity to do with my fiancée especially with a budget of only $10. It made the game super exciting for her and helped her pay better attention to the little things like what counts as an assist or watching for the team to run an action to get Bridges a three. More entertaining than just hoping we win by a certain score for sure.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,936

Post#24 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:06 pm

matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:A spread higher than 2 or 3, people need to stay away. A lot of apps allow you to take alternate spreads. Definitely recommend doing that. Anyone that bets a high spread deserve to lose. There’s always a back door play at the end of a game that will cause someone to lose. That’s my gambling advice lol

I used to bet a lot on sports and did on basketball for awhile but eventually stopped because the meaningless play at end of games could just impact it.g

Last night was the first time I ever placed a bet. The FanDuel sports bar thing sure made it easy to do (I come from California as well so it was less complicated then trying to fake my location on an app). I am not sure I could get too into it since I'm fairly protective with my money, but it was a fun activity to do with my fiancée especially with a budget of only $10. It made the game super exciting for her and helped her pay better attention to the little things like what counts as an assist or watching for the team to run an action to get Bridges a three. More entertaining than just hoping we win by a certain score for sure.

Yeah, I think the best bets to make in the NBA are halftime bets, typically when a good team is down by 8 and you expect a comeback. They may be favored by even more than 8.5 to for the 2nd half but it often feels more of a sure thing.

Return to Phoenix Suns