ImageImageImage

Game 46: Utah Jazz (30-16) @ Phoenix Suns (36-9) l Monday l 7:00pm l NBATV l BSAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

What team wins tonight but what team loses by wins margin +/- differential

Suns by 1-3 pts
No votes
Suns by 4-6 pts
No votes
Suns by 5-8 pts
10%
Suns by 9-12 pts
50%
Suns by 21+
30%
Jazz by 1-3 pts
No votes
Jazz by 4-6 pts
10%
Jazz by 5-8 pts
No votes
Jazz by 9-12 pts
No votes
Jazz by 13+
No votes

Total votes: 10

SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,792

Re: Game 46: Utah Jazz (30-16) @ Phoenix Suns (36-9) l Monday l 7:00pm l NBATV l BSAZ 

Post#161 » by SkyBill40 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:54 am

Saberestar wrote:I want to ask who is our PG of the future, because I can't imagine a PG on our team playing well enough in the next couple of years.

Seriously, what a master performance by CP3. That was a clinic.
Who is our PGOTF? Who the hell knows?

I think it's pretty clear it won't be Payne or Payton as neither of them have the impact of Paul by any stretch of the imagination.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,427

Re: Game 46: Utah Jazz (30-16) @ Phoenix Suns (36-9) l Monday l 7:00pm l NBATV l BSAZ 

Post#162 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:00 am

Mr Puddles wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:
There is some sort of poison pill in his contract right? Otherwise I don't see why we're necessarily stuck with him given that his 3rd year is a team option.

If we package Shamet and Saric + 2 lottery protected first rounders, we should be able to get an upgrade, no?

Yes it will be an overpay, in part because we'd need the other team to take on those two contracts for two season - but basically our trade partner would be a rebuilding team who is willing to eat salary and dump a veteran player for the benefit for getting two picks. The Rockets (Eric Gordon), Orlando (Harris) +, Sacramento (Hield) - come to mind (I know that salary doesn't work with some of these trade partners - more just defining the type of deal, trade partner and player we should be looking at)

Who is going to want a chucker, who isn't very good on defense, maybe one good defensive play a game for $21 mil over 2 years? With so many young guys right now getting 10 days killing it for cheap, there are much better options out there.

That's why we're adding in the pick('s), kind of similar to how the 76ers got those picks from Sacramento by allowing the team to dump their bad contracts.

Not my first choice, but say you're Orlando. You're not going to make the playoffs anytime soon, and you've got an expiring Gary Harris who is likely not part of your future plans. Why not dump him for a protected first rounder? You basically just have Shamet and Saric on your books for one year after as the cost of getting a first rounder, Saric's contract wasn't considered a negative before he got injured so he could potentially still be flipped by them next year.

Again, I'd flip Saric/ Nader/ protected first/ 2nd to Portland for Covington. They don't add any salary this yr in the swap ( salary for salary). And next season they're below the cap line. Also Portland's been trying to get a floor spacing big man for years. They failed on Love, and Gallinari. Saric is still a floor spacing big man, But significantly cheaper than either of the above. They also get draft assets too that they can add in a package for Sabonis?? :wink:
Maybe they flip Saric/ Nance and multiple 1sts for Sabonis?? Saric would be a cheaper replacement for him. And Nance would provide additional versatile wing depth. Till Warren returns, etc?

Then you flip Shamet into some teams exception, or for an equivalent expiring (Sato)?
Then we're clear of both salaries this summer. Or can flip the expirings and a 1st for Gordon. But if they're demands become too expensive, then I'll just look at Smith for Schroder ($ 5 million expiring). Boston saves an additional $400,000 this season in the deal! They also move Schroder so they can get Pritchard/ Nesmith more minutes.

Only real reason this won't happen is because Monty needs his "security blanket" of familiar players. Even to our team's detriment:

Saric- 9 million dead salary.
Nader- 2 million dead salary.
Kaminsky- 2.4 million dead salary.
Shamet- 9.5 million minimal impact ( tied up salary). Altogether for Monty's comfort we have 22.9 million in non impact/ underperforming salary.
IF we can just flip these lousy salaries for expirings or trade exceptions, We've created more than enough to sign Cam Johnson comfortably! When his extension hits in 2023. :wink:
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,911

Post#163 » by Mulhollanddrive » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:02 am

I think we just ride or die with Chris Paul til he retires.
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant

Post#164 » by SkyBill40 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:05 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:I think we just ride or die with Chris Paul til he retires.
That is exactly what will happen, be it for the better or worse.

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#165 » by Saberestar » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:05 am

SkyBill40 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:I want to ask who is our PG of the future, because I can't imagine a PG on our team playing well enough in the next couple of years.

I think it's pretty clear it won't be Payne or Payton as neither of them have the impact of Paul by any stretch of the imagination.

Didn't you notice the green font?CP3 is not slowing down.

It is weird that people keep asking who is gonna be our PG in the future...what about that guy named Paul who is Top 5 in MVP race this season?
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant

Post#166 » by SkyBill40 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:10 am

Saberestar wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:

It is weird that people keep asking who is gonna be our PG in the future...what about that guy named Paul who is Top 5 in MVP race this season?

I noticed the font. Didn't really make much difference to me or as much as it might have meant to you in using it.

We need to figure something out for when the time comes and Paul decides to hang it up. Would you rather plan ahead and have a clear direction or hope for the best and go from there?

Paul playing at a high level is a blessing for us; however, absolutely nothing is guaranteed. Don't ever forget that.

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#167 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:12 am

SkyBill40 wrote:

I really think our best and most realistic options may be trading ( Godfather offer) for one of Murray or Fox? Now knowing Saver, If he's toying with the idea of not maxing Ayton anyways, Then I wouldn't be at all surprised if the suns have a contingency plan for a sign 'n' trade for one of those two?

Otherwise maybe they look to go cheaper in trade for one of Giddy or Tyus Jones ( Stop gap again)?? :roll:
** De Angelo Russell is actually an unrestricted
Free agent in 2023! :wink:
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/minnesota-timberwolves/dangelo-russell-17830/
And he actually averaged 19 points and 7 assists ( 3 rebounds) this season. How clever would it be to pilfer Booker's friend (keep Book happy) and incentivise him to resign in 24' by signing his good friend in 23?? Don't be at all surprised if that's their secret plan?? :nod:
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#168 » by RunDogGun » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:15 am

Harris and Shamet are both shooting 35.6% and 35.5% from three respectfully. We need someone that can hit the three consistently.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#169 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:24 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:

I really think our best and most realistic options may be trading ( Godfather offer) for one of Murray or Fox? Now knowing Saver, If he's toying with the idea of not maxing Ayton anyways, Then I wouldn't be at all surprised if the suns have a contingency plan for a sign 'n' trade for one of those two?

Otherwise maybe they look to go cheaper in trade for one of Giddy or Tyus Jones ( Stop gap again)?? :roll:
** De Angelo Russell is actually an unrestricted
Free agent in 2023! :wink:
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/minnesota-timberwolves/dangelo-russell-17830/
And he actually averaged 19 points and 7 assists ( 3 rebounds) this season. He's also a very good ballhandler and ISO scorer, passer, etc AND has been an all star. He meets all the criteria mentioned by Jones if you think about it! Also he's likely the easiest all star that we could realistically get in 23' once Paul has a partial guarantee and both Crowder and Saric come off the books. That right there is our max space for him. And a starting role on a better team!

How clever would it be to pilfer Booker's friend (keep Book happy) and incentivise him to resign in 24' by signing his good friend in 23?? Don't be at all surprised if that's their secret plan?? :nod:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#170 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:43 am

dremill24 wrote:Stop trying to trade Shamet. None of your deals are legal. There's a reason PPP players never get traded, the math just doesn't work unless there's a team with significant cap space involved

Whatever..................... :roll:
You mean like the teams with cap space or trade exceptions mentioned in my post with cited links....lol. check the links for more clarity on the situation. Look, we get it! You don't want to trade anyone. And that's your perspective of course. But he CAN ABSOLUTELY be traded into another team's exception. And he can be traded for an equivalent expiring salary. Or a cheaper salary coming back from a team with salary space. We could easily trade him to New Orleans for Sato. And they'd likely do it for a minimal draft asset as Satos' also in a career slump.

Brooklyn Gms( trade board) already offered to take him into their exception for a 2nd. And Dallas fans, etc offered to absorb him into their exceptions for a 1st with moderate protection. But feel free to disagree if you like. :D

The only reason Shamet wouldn't get traded is if we Cater to Williams necessity to carry players he's familiar with. Even if they're consistently underperforming.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,393

Post#171 » by dremill24 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:52 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
dremill24 wrote:Stop trying to trade Shamet. None of your deals are legal. There's a reason PPP players never get traded, the math just doesn't work unless there's a team with significant cap space involved

You mean like the teams with cap space or trade exceptions mentioned in my post with cited links....lol. check the links for more clarity on the situation. Look, we get it! You don't want to trade anyone. And that's your perspective of course. But he CAN ABSOLUTELY be traded into another team's exception. And he can be traded for an equivalent expiring salary. Or a cheaper salary coming back from a team with salary space. We could easily trade him to New Orleans for Sato. And they'd likely do it for a minimal draft asset as Satos' also in a career slump.

Brooklyn Gms( trade board) already offered to take him into their exception for a 2nd. And Dallas fans, etc offered to absorb him into their exceptions for a 1st with moderate protection. But feel free to disagree if you like. :D

You cited links and then interpreted them incorrectly, sorry. He may be able to be taken into a trade exception but these deals where you trade him for a $9mil salary cannot be done, so roll your eyes all you want, doesnt change that.

Also not sure where the attitude about me not wanting to trade anyone cones from. I post maybe once a week and have never said that. The "we have the best record therefore we do not have any room to improve" stance is foolish to me, so try again.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#172 » by Saberestar » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:07 am

SkyBill40 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:Who is our PGOTF? Who the hell knows?

I noticed the font. Didn't really make much difference to me or as much as it might have meant to you in using it.

We need to figure something out for when the time comes and Paul decides to hang it up. Would you rather plan ahead and have a clear direction or hope for the best and go from there?

Paul playing at a high level is a blessing for us; however, absolutely nothing is guaranteed. Don't ever forget that.

Yeah, and that can be said for every position. Who knows who will be in the team four years from now? Probably no one from this current roster will be a Sun in 2025. Book is the only one now from four years ago.

CP3 is under contract for the next 3 years and he is our most consistent player.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,594

Post#173 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:56 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:

The only reason Shamet wouldn't get traded is if we Cater to Williams necessity to carry players he's familiar with. Even if they're consistently underperforming.

To me, the reason why we wouldn't trade Shamet has nothing to do with trying to make Monty happy. Jones has no reason to do that especially when we're already a contender and last time I checked, Monty isn't unhappy and his contract doesn't run out for another couple of years. We wouldn't trade him because we're committed to Shamet and given his PPP contract, you're going to get a downgrade just to dump him. Why would New Orleans give us an expiring contract for a guy who is playing some of his worst basketball in his career AND is in line to get a significant pay bump next season? There's just no way a team would give us something of equal value after we're clearly trying NOT to lie in the bed we just made.

As I mentioned, the reason we wouldn't trade him is because we're committed to Shamet and I can't think of other available players out there who has the upside Shamet has to be damn good SG off the bench for us. If Shamet can find his rhythm, he is a good back up for Book. Let's be honest Ghost, if he was sucking on another team right now, I'd bet you'd want to find a way to dump our crap assets to get him because you would see his fit and you'd want him to rehabilitate his shot and be that 3PT sniper for us. I mean, on paper, do we agree he's exactly what we need off the bench? He's just not performing to the level we're expecting but it isn't like he's totally the wrong kind of player (ie can't handle the ball, can't shoot, low IQ) right? And let's keep in mind, even though he hasn't been the sharp shooter we expected him to be, he's STILL spacing the floor for us and you can see the effect his has on opposing team defenses. Defenders still jumping out and going over screens just to get a hand in his face. Defenders are still trying their best to stick to him as he's zigzagging through multiple screens. He's creating real spacing and he's creating the effect of a sharpshooter, just without the production. Don't get me wrong, I think the contract we gave him was a mistake and I haven't been happy with Shamet's play but I see why we brought him in and what he can do for us.

Getting the right player is the hard part and to me, he is the right player but he's not playing to the standard we expected. It's not like we're expecting him he'd turn into Eric Gordon (who a lot of people here would love to bring in) but he could be a low rent Eric Gordon and for half the price.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#174 » by thamadkant » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:46 am

Shamet earning that 40M contract... thats for sure. /S
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#175 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:02 am

dremill24 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

Brooklyn GMs( trade board) already offered to take him into their exception for a 2nd. And Dallas fans, etc offered to absorb him into their exceptions for a 1st with moderate protection. But feel free to disagree if you like. :D

You cited links and then interpreted them incorrectly, sorry. He may be able to be taken into a trade exception but these deals where you trade him for a $9 mil salary cannot be done, so roll your eyes all you want, doesn't change that.

Also not sure where the attitude about me not wanting to trade anyone cones from. I post maybe once a week and have never said that. The "we have the best record therefore we do not have any room to improve" stance is foolish to me, so try again.

so roll your eyes all you want, doesn't change that.

Thank you! I will as long as you feel the need to try and chastize me for my opinion on a trade discussion board because my perspective differs from yours regarding my interest in trading Shamet. As for the trades being illegal, I'll concede that you're partially right, In that they're incomplete. I rushed them whilst multitasking half asleep and I admitted to my error in not completing them fully, causing them to be deemed illegal as you pointed out. However, the trades I proposed need at worst a minimal salary inclusion of either Nader or Payton or Smith depending on the salary to meet the criteria for 175% of his average (6.5 million) or 6.6 million we're allowed to take back for his outgoing salary alone. So apologies, and just let me quickly correct the minor details as needed:

1- New Orleans-
Shamet/ Payton/ 1st (lotto protected) for Santoransky expiring( Payton added).
https://fanspo.com/nba/s/suns/trades/OQeWNFI_FvwDN4/sg-swap-with-incentive

2-Portland-
Shamet/Smith/ 1st (lotto protected) for Covington (Smith added).
https://fanspo.com/nba/s/suns/trades/ScOUxF2mRj3cAZ/hypothetical-premise-trade

3- Chicago-
Shamet/Payton/1st (lotto protected) for Derrick Jones Jr expiring (Payton added).
https://fanspo.com/nba/s/suns/trades/YbNFjgLd4YZ-vp/get-the-bulls-replacement-guards-plus-asset

4-Wizards-
Shamet/Nader/1st (lotto protected) for Montrez Harrell expiring ( Nader added).
https://fanspo.com/nba/s/suns/trades/Oy5b9hNfMYtSp9/get-wizards-more-wing-depth-plus-asset-hypothetical

5- Sacramento-
Shamet/Smith/1st (lotto protected) for Tristan Thompson expiring (Smith added).
https://fanspo.com/nba/s/suns/trades/PgDnnvCN62Bvgt/get-sactown-more-shooting-depth-and-more-front-court-size-plus-asset

6-Atlanta-
Shamet/Payton/1st (lotto protected) for Delon Wright expiring (Payton added).
https://fanspo.com/nba/s/suns/trades/5bPfqNMJRAq1R4/point-guardsg-plus-asset-swap

Also not sure where the attitude about me not wanting to trade anyone cones from. I post maybe once a week and have never said that.

"Stop trying to trade Shamet." Is this not you? and how you began your response. Furthermore, your perspective has been fairly clear from our prior interaction, in that you think our bench depth is the best in the league based on the stats and on our record, Which I asked you to share?? basically inferring that a change to the roster isn't needed. As for Shamet,you know that he's been terrible, He's had what 47 games now and hasn't been able to even remotely find his shot/production yet. His under performance hinders our bench potency and depth. Look at his career stats
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/shamela01.html#playoffs-series
and it's clear that he's struggled like this throughout his three years in 5 series of the playoffs ( 39% FG 35% 3pt). Hence why we are his 4th team in three years since being drafted.Is this kind of production/ struggling going to cut it for a contending team trying to win a championship?? He represents an under performing weakness in our roster. Yet you plainly state that you want me to stop trying to trade Shamet. How is that not contradictory to your saying your not adverse to trades or potential roster upgrades?

Signing him to such an unnecessary contract ( double his market value and bidding against ourselves before even sampling his effectiveness in our scheme is pure negligence that's unnecessarily tying up our cap. trading him for an expiring is an upgrade in that it frees up potential cap space next season to more readily accommodate Johnsons' and Aytons' extensions as well as swapping in another viable option that can actually contribute when needed. It's a clear upgrade for our bench through addition by subtraction! If it's genuine what you're saying that you don't have issues with upgrading our roster regardless of record, Then you shouldn't really have any issues with the premise of trading Shamet since he's severely under performing in his role. Of course due to my half asleep, rushed, incomplete trades that I conceded your perspective on being illegal because they weren't complete. And I apologized respectfully, and thusly sought to correct them. I honestly wouldn't have taken issue and responded with an eye roll had you just said that my trades we're illegal citing reason rather than barking out a formal directive in dictatorial and somewhat condescending context for me to stop. It's really not that difficult to simply reply with I disagree with the premise of trading Shamet because............................ Or just saying your trades are incorrect based on salary requirements/incomplete criteria. Civility begets civility, I'll happily show anyone on here the same level of respect that they show me. regardless of opposing perspectives. Having said that, I will of course continue my interest in upgrading from Shamet, etc. until he and our under performing bench sans Johnson and Mcgee, and to a lesser extent recently Biyombo show otherwise. Luckily they have this stretch of games to show me how wrong I may be in assessing their values. Also, let's see how much longer it takes Shamet to get things on track, and reassess whose perspective ends up being more accurate. :D
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,011

Post#176 » by sunsbg » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:54 am

Was not against the trade as one would expect a veteran will give you more in the playoffs than a rookie. But seeing Butler who was an option with the pick have 13pts, 4 stls in this game to Shamet's 1-5 shooting...The extension was plain stupid. If they waited he would be very tradeable right now.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,404

Post#177 » by NapoleonII » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:21 am

Cp3 played 40 mins vs. a team of 3rd stringers.

That's not ideal.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#178 » by Barkley6 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:27 pm

Mulhollanddrive wrote:I think we just ride or die with Chris Paul til he retires.

I don't think that's wrong, but once CP3's salary comes off the books, we should be in a position to make a run at some other high end PGs. We don't necessarily need to develop one ourselves.

In his non-guaranteed year, the FA PG crop has guys like Fred Van Vleet and Dejounte Murray. The following season, Lillard (albeit older), Ben Simmons, Jamal Murray, and Lonzo Ball come available.

So there could just be a FA that we plug in when he eventually retires or declines.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,197

Post#179 » by King4Day » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:25 pm

NapoleonII wrote:Cp3 played 40 mins vs. a team of 3rd stringers.

That's not ideal.

Could be because Monty knows wins will not be easy the next few weeks with all of our injuries. Get them where you can.
I could see us getting beat in Utah Wednesday in the same manner we lost today.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,393

Post#180 » by dremill24 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:13 pm

Spoiler:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
dremill24 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:Whatever..................... :roll:

Brooklyn GMs( trade board) already offered to take him into their exception for a 2nd. And Dallas fans, etc offered to absorb him into their exceptions for a 1st with moderate protection. But feel free to disagree if you like. :D

You cited links and then interpreted them incorrectly, sorry. He may be able to be taken into a trade exception but these deals where you trade him for a $9 mil salary cannot be done, so roll your eyes all you want, doesn't change that.

so roll your eyes all you want, doesn't change that.

Thank you! I will as long as you feel the need to try and chastize me for my opinion on a trade discussion board because my perspective differs from yours regarding my interest in trading Shamet. As for the trades being illegal, I'll concede that you're partially right, In that they're incomplete. I rushed them whilst multitasking half asleep and I admitted to my error in not completing them fully, causing them to be deemed illegal as you pointed out. However, the trades I proposed need at worst a minimal salary inclusion of either Nader or Payton or Smith depending on the salary to meet the criteria for 175% of his average (6.5 million) or 6.6 million we're allowed to take back for his outgoing salary alone. So apologies, and just let me quickly correct the minor details as needed:

1- New Orleans-
Shamet/ Payton/ 1st (lotto protected) for Santoransky expiring( Payton added).
https://fanspo.com/nba/s/suns/trades/OQeWNFI_FvwDN4/sg-swap-with-incentive

2-Portland-
Shamet/Smith/ 1st (lotto protected) for Covington (Smith added).
https://fanspo.com/nba/s/suns/trades/ScOUxF2mRj3cAZ/hypothetical-premise-trade

3- Chicago-
Shamet/Payton/1st (lotto protected) for Derrick Jones Jr expiring (Payton added).
https://fanspo.com/nba/s/suns/trades/YbNFjgLd4YZ-vp/get-the-bulls-replacement-guards-plus-asset

4-Wizards-
Shamet/Nader/1st (lotto protected) for Montrez Harrell expiring ( Nader added).
https://fanspo.com/nba/s/suns/trades/Oy5b9hNfMYtSp9/get-wizards-more-wing-depth-plus-asset-hypothetical

5- Sacramento-
Shamet/Smith/1st (lotto protected) for Tristan Thompson expiring (Smith added).
https://fanspo.com/nba/s/suns/trades/PgDnnvCN62Bvgt/get-sactown-more-shooting-depth-and-more-front-court-size-plus-asset

6-Atlanta-
Shamet/Payton/1st (lotto protected) for Delon Wright expiring (Payton added).
https://fanspo.com/nba/s/suns/trades/5bPfqNMJRAq1R4/point-guardsg-plus-asset-swap

Also not sure where the attitude about me not wanting to trade anyone cones from. I post maybe once a week and have never said that.

"Stop trying to trade Shamet." Is this not you? and how you began your response. Furthermore, your perspective has been fairly clear from our prior interaction, in that you think our bench depth is the best in the league based on the stats and on our record, Which I asked you to share?? basically inferring that a change to the roster isn't needed. As for Shamet,you know that he's been terrible, He's had what 47 games now and hasn't been able to even remotely find his shot/production yet. His under performance hinders our bench potency and depth. Look at his career stats
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/shamela01.html#playoffs-series
and it's clear that he's struggled like this throughout his three years in 5 series of the playoffs ( 39% FG 35% 3pt). Hence why we are his 4th team in three years since being drafted.Is this kind of production/ struggling going to cut it for a contending team trying to win a championship?? He represents an under performing weakness in our roster. Yet you plainly state that you want me to stop trying to trade Shamet. How is that not contradictory to your saying your not adverse to trades or potential roster upgrades?

Signing him to such an unnecessary contract ( double his market value and bidding against ourselves before even sampling his effectiveness in our scheme is pure negligence that's unnecessarily tying up our cap. trading him for an expiring is an upgrade in that it frees up potential cap space next season to more readily accommodate Johnsons' and Aytons' extensions as well as swapping in another viable option that can actually contribute when needed. It's a clear upgrade for our bench through addition by subtraction! If it's genuine what you're saying that you don't have issues with upgrading our roster regardless of record, Then you shouldn't really have any issues with the premise of trading Shamet since he's severely under performing in his role. Of course due to my half asleep, rushed, incomplete trades that I conceded your perspective on being illegal because they weren't complete. And I apologized respectfully, and thusly sought to correct them. I honestly wouldn't have taken issue and responded with an eye roll had you just said that my trades we're illegal citing reason rather than barking out a formal directive in dictatorial and somewhat condescending context for me to stop. It's really not that difficult to simply reply with I disagree with the premise of trading Shamet because............................ Or just saying your trades are incorrect based on salary requirements/incomplete criteria. Civility begets civility, I'll happily show anyone on here the same level of respect that they show me. regardless of opposing perspectives. Having said that, I will of course continue my interest in upgrading from Shamet, etc. until he and our under performing bench sans Johnson and Mcgee, and to a lesser extent recently Biyombo show otherwise. Luckily they have this stretch of games to show me how wrong I may be in assessing their values. Also, let's see how much longer it takes Shamet to get things on track, and reassess whose perspective ends up being more accurate. :D

Please show me one time that I have said we have the best bench in the league. Please show me one time I have said that Shamet has been good for this team. Show me one time I said trading for him and/or extending him was a good idea. My comment was based solely on the legality of the proposals, and maybe Im wrong there, but you're now adding a large amount of extra stuff about the on-court merits of trading him or making any trade at all and your claims on my position there are false. When you say my perspective on Shamet or the bench or the 'need for any trade' is clear based on previous interactions, you are confusing me with someone else.

Return to Phoenix Suns