ImageImageImage

Game 60: New Orleans Pelicans (23-36) @ Phoenix Suns (49-10) l Friday l 7:00pm

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,494

Re: Game 60: New Orleans Pelicans (23-36) @ Phoenix Suns (49-10) l Friday l 7:00pm 

Post#281 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:23 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
sunsbg wrote:The guy pretending to be a better GM than Jones defending the guy pretending to be a better coach than Monty. What a surprise. :lol:

P.S. Nothing wrong with it, just don't make it sound like Suns have donkeys for a GM and a coach. Players bashing, GM and coach bashing..it gets really annoying reading this board sometimes.

Maybe you shouldn't be on a forum called realgm then buddy. And just becouse someone doesn't fall head over heels after the good results and points out the mistakes, and validates his points with facts, it doesn't mean that he thinks he is better than the coach or gm, who have done a solid job so far - but are not without fault or bad moves at all. What I hate is that noone can voice legit criticism becouse the "yesman" of the forum like you make it seem like we have Auerbach as GM and Phil Jackson as coach, and we have nothing to improve. While these mistakes can cause us the championship, like they did last year when we didn't add a big and we got noone after Ayton...

But maybe your like of thinking of "everythingisfine" will work for you and your country one day... maybe it will just keep your country in the gutter permanently, good luck with it anyways. Everything is fine, dont worry, you don't need to change a thing.

Quite a lot of people post on these forums and rarely someone repeats so often the same BS as the one I posted against - basically calling Monty not smart enough to put the ball 100% of the time in the hands of a mediocre player who can't shoot a FT or a 3. Sorry for being so direct, I guess that's what you call "yesman".

Let's be clear, I was fine with the Shamet trade like 50% of the board, I was against the extension like 90% of the board, nobody repeated it a hundred times though. Payton is a scrub, saying Monty failed him is laughable. I guess Carter and Galloway were failed by their coaches as well instead of just being bad players, who regressed.

Don't worry about my country, we are EU-oriented, not Russia, not US, which should be the case with your country as well. With 1300+ years of history we have seen empires rise and fall being one such a long time ago. ;)

RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Re: Game 60: New Orleans Pelicans (23-36) @ Phoenix Suns (49-10) l Friday l 7:00pm 

Post#282 » by RunDogGun » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:24 pm

sunsbg wrote:Quite a lot of people post on these forums and rarely someone repeats so often the same BS as the one I posted against - basically calling Monty not smart enough to put the ball 100% of the time in the hands of a mediocre player who can't shoot a FT or a 3. Sorry for being so direct, I guess that's what you call "yesman".

Let's be clear, I was fine with the Shamet trade like 50% of the board, I was against the extension like 90% of the board, nobody repeated it a hundred times though. Payton is a scrub, saying Monty failed him is laughable. I guess Carter and Galloway were failed by their coaches as well instead of just being bad players, who regressed.

Don't worry about my country, we are EU-oriented, not Russia, not US, which should be the case with your country as well. With 1300+ years of history we have seen empires rise and fall being one such a long time ago. ;)

Hyperbole is not needed. I comment on people's comments. But because people continue to try and change my argument so they can argue against their new made up/ misinterpreted argument, I have to repeat my argument. So, if you don't like me repeating it, stop making crap up.

I never said Monty isn't smart enough to understand that Elf is not an 2. And I never said Elf would have to have the ball in his hands 100% of the time. And that is not "being direct", that is purposely over exaggerating another poster's comment, to try and justify your comments. BTW, it doesn't help your argument, and actually forces me to correct you, hence a repeat of my original argument. Also, I never said "Monty failed him" I said it is dumb to use a player at the 2, who can't shoot very well. You yourself said he can't shoot free throws or threes, so you obviously agree that it is dumb to make that player a shooting guard, right? Damn dude, you destroy your own rips about me with your own comments. :banghead:

Carter was a solid defender, but not a great offensive facilitator. If used correctly his production matches his salary. Galloway was instant offense, but undersized and just ok at ball handling and passable defense, should be used when the team needs instant offense. Getting a player that can only shoot threes (Shamet), when we already had a player, who shot better in every statistical category while playing under Monty/Suns for a small salary, yet not used for instant offense, or for shooting threes, made the trade for Shamet questionable. The need wasn't there. We could cover our guard rotation with Payne, and in spot minutes Bridges to start the 21-22 season. This idea that we needed a whole second unit is silly in my opinion. You could run a solid 9 man rotation with guys that can cover multiple positions and then build a decent 10-15 with young guys and vets.

As Bogyo said, I would not have to repeat myself, if you guys could understand my comments the first time, and not make up crap I never said, just so you can insult posters.

As for your country, I just hope you are all safe and not in harms way.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,043

Post#283 » by sunsbg » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:33 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
sunsbg wrote:Quite a lot of people post on these forums and rarely someone repeats so often the same BS as the one I posted against - basically calling Monty not smart enough to put the ball 100% of the time in the hands of a mediocre player who can't shoot a FT or a 3. Sorry for being so direct, I guess that's what you call "yesman".

Also, I never said "Monty failed him" I said it is dumb to use a player at the 2, who can't shoot very well.

As for your country, I just hope you are all safe and not in harms way.

Pretty sure you did, but anyway apologies for acting like a jerk, I realize I do sometimes.

Thanks for your wishes, we are safe, it's just sad for the people in Ukraine. There are like 15K+ Ukrainians working for the company I'm employed by. I can't imagine what's in their souls right now. We are lucky we can watch the next Suns game without worrying for our lives.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#284 » by RunDogGun » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:51 pm

sunsbg wrote:

Pretty sure you did, but anyway apologies for acting like a jerk, I realize I do sometimes.

Thanks for your wishes, we are safe, it's just sad for the people in Ukraine. There are like 15K+ Ukrainians working for the company I'm employed by. I can't imagine what's in their souls right now. We are lucky we can watch the next Suns game without worrying for our lives.

No worries, its all good. I understand we are all fanatical about our team, that includes coaches and front office.

I can't imagine what the people of Ukraine are going through, and the surrounding countries with the flooding of people fleeing that invasion. Yep very fortunate that I can watch a game not worrying about if I have to pack up my family to flee.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,043

Post#285 » by sunsbg » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:36 pm

RunDogGun wrote:No worries, its all good. I understand we are all fanatical about our team, that includes coaches and front office.

I can't imagine what the people of Ukraine are going through, and the surrounding countries with the flooding of people fleeing that invasion. Yep very fortunate that I can watch a game not worrying about if I have to pack up my family to flee.

It's a shock. We had a global company meeting last week. A normal working day for the people from Ukraine participating. On next day their country was invaded and they had to find a way for them or their relatives to escape.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#286 » by RunDogGun » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:55 pm

sunsbg wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:No worries, its all good. I understand we are all fanatical about our team, that includes coaches and front office.

It's a shock. We had a global company meeting last week. A normal working day for the people from Ukraine participating. On next day their country was invaded and they had to find a way for them or their relatives to escape.

So sad.

Return to Phoenix Suns