ImageImageImage

Game 64: Phoenix Suns (51-12) @ Milwaukee Bucks (39-25) | Sunday | 1.30pm AZT | ABC

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Re: Game 64: Phoenix Suns (51-12) @ Milwaukee Bucks (39-25) | Sunday | 1.30pm AZT | ABC 

Post#241 » by TeamTragic » Mon Mar 7, 2022 12:02 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:Who the F----- cares about a regular season game? The bucks have our number in terms of rebounding and getting to the line. They attack the basket while we shoot perimeter shots. Been same story last year in the playoffs and happened again today. Why did we sign McGee & Biyombo if they barely see the court? Suns are a great regular season team but a similar scenario can transpire if we make the finals once again. If our defense was a bit better we easily beat the bucks. Just tiring how teams constantly outrebound us when we have a three headed monster in (Ayton, McGee, Biyombo).

Put CamJo in today's lineup and the Bucks lose.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,468

Re: Game 64: Phoenix Suns (51-12) @ Milwaukee Bucks (39-25) | Sunday | 1.30pm AZT | ABC 

Post#242 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Mar 7, 2022 12:06 am

bwoolf2 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Who the F----- cares about a regular season game? The bucks have our number in terms of rebounding and getting to the line. They attack the basket while we shoot perimeter shots. Been same story last year in the playoffs and happened again today. Why did we sign McGee & Biyombo if they barely see the court? Suns are a great regular season team but a similar scenario can transpire if we make the finals once again. If our defense was a bit better we easily beat the bucks. Just tiring how teams constantly outrebound us when we have a three headed monster in (Ayton, McGee, Biyombo).

Good regular season? We went to the finals last year and were missing 3 of our best players, weird take

All right.. just watch this upcoming finals again if we go up against Lopez, Giannis, Portis or Embiid, DeAndre, Millsap and see how much our rebounding has improved from LAST SEASON. You dont want to address our rebounding problems or lack of getting to the line, well that's totally fine. But when same problems happen again in finals and we manage to lose just remember this post.

We're a great regular season team but in order to win a championship you need to do little things which is scoring, defense, rebounding, getting to ft line, less TO's etc...
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#243 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Mar 7, 2022 12:08 am

GoranTragic wrote:

Put CamJo in today's lineup and the Bucks lose. Period.

Lol because Cam Johnson is going to grab unlimited amount of rebounds and head to the line a dozen times to help us win? This chit is comical.
pj0tr
Rookie
And1: 1,312

Post#244 » by pj0tr » Mon Mar 7, 2022 12:09 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:

Good regular season? We went to the finals last year and were missing 3 of our best players, weird take

All right.. just watch this upcoming finals again if we go up against Lopez, Giannis, Portis or Embiid, DeAndre, Millsap and see how much our rebounding has improved from LAST SEASON. You dont want to address our rebounding problems or lack of getting to the line, well that's totally fine. But when same problems happen again in finals and we manage to lose just remember this post.

We're a great regular season team but in order to win a championship you need to do little things which is scoring, defense, rebounding, getting to ft line, less TO's etc...

They literally just destroyed the Bucks by 20+ when both teams were fully healthy on rest a few weeks ago.

Giannis in both games against the Suns this year, was contained by Ayton, McGee, and Biyombo significantly.

It took Jrue and Middleton absolutely being unconscious for the Bucks to pull off a win without CP3, Book, and Cam Johnson playing.

I don't like the Bucks, and yes, rebounding as of late has been an issue, but I'm not pressing the panic button after that game today.

This is a bit silly - and you're sounding like my posts on the GB lol
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#245 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Mar 7, 2022 12:09 am

bwoolf2 wrote:

TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#246 » by TeamTragic » Mon Mar 7, 2022 12:10 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:

Lol because Cam Johnson is going to grab unlimited amount of rebounds and head to the line a dozen times to help us win? This chit is comical.

I think you forget just how much we dominated in the playoffs last season. We did not have a particularly great regular season.

There is more competition now just in the West alone and you want to act like we aren't the best team in the league.
pj0tr
Rookie

Post#247 » by pj0tr » Mon Mar 7, 2022 12:12 am

GoranTragic wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:

I think you forget just how much we dominated in the playoffs last season. We did not have a particularly great regular season.

There is more competition now just in the West alone and you want to act like we aren't the best team in the league.

I am not worried about the West playoffs at all.

I think the Suns are gonna blitz through and have a relatively easy run to the Finals.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#248 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Mar 7, 2022 12:14 am

Slim Charless wrote:
sunsbg wrote:Negatives
- Ayton became Amare as many wanted - scores 30 but can't get two key rebounds and is under 10 for the season, 7 games straight now with less than 10.
- Can't let both Middleton and Holiday have big scoring games. Are we not having a great wing defender in Mikal, it's like Middleton scores 40 against us every time.

Positives
- Shamet trade was well worth it based on this game, Cam Payne played great as well. The bench is legit if those two have more games like this one.

Knew someone would find a way to blame this loss on Ayton.

Almost guaranteed you'd respond with Ayton support 8-)
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,480

Post#249 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Mar 7, 2022 12:15 am

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#250 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Mar 7, 2022 12:19 am

sunsbg wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
sunsbg wrote:Negatives
- Ayton became Amare as many wanted - scores 30 but can't get two key rebounds and is under 10 for the season, 7 games straight now with less than 10.
- Can't let both Middleton and Holiday have big scoring games. Are we not having a great wing defender in Mikal, it's like Middleton scores 40 against us every time.

Positives
- Shamet trade was well worth it based on this game, Cam Payne played great as well. The bench is legit if those two have more games like this one.

Knew someone would find a way to blame this loss on Ayton.

I'm one of his biggest supporters here, but his rebounding has really regressed. No offensive rebounds anymore. Didn't boxout Giannis for two key rebounds. And it's not an overreaction based on a single game. His season average is poor now.

Career low in offensive rebounding and total rebounding is really confounding. Rebounding is the one skill he came into the league with and really shouldn't go away unless he's becoming more of a perimeter player which he isn't and his job is to grab rebounds.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#251 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Mar 7, 2022 12:26 am

I really don't want to pile on Ayton but I feel like his lateral quickness has taken a step back. I don't think he's moving as well laterally as last season and it feels like he's getting cooked by guards more than ever. One of his big strengths is his ability to switch defensively but it seems like he has regressed a bit there. I wonder if the ankle is still bothering him
pj0tr
Rookie

Post#252 » by pj0tr » Mon Mar 7, 2022 12:28 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I really don't want to pile on Ayton but I feel like his lateral quickness has taken a step back. I don't think he's moving as well laterally as last season and it feels like he's getting cooked by guards more than ever. One of his big strengths is his ability to switch defensively but it seems like he has regressed a bit there. I wonder if the ankle is still bothering him

theivpointplay pointed this out weeks ago after he came back from the ankle injury.

Its probably something he'll be dealing with the rest of the year. Good news is that he had two great games against the Bucks, and arguably outplayed Giannis both times, at least offensively.

I'm not worried about Ayton. I think both him and the Suns are going to be very careful with his minutes until the playoffs start.
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,829

Post#253 » by SkyBill40 » Mon Mar 7, 2022 12:33 am

Saberestar wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:When I look at the box score, particularly at McGee's line, I'm left to wonder if he even showed up. For all his talk about if the Suns had him when they were in the Finals and he would have been a difference maker, that boast looks pretty empty right about now. Dude played a total of 9 minutes, had one rebound, and no blocks. Did I miss something? Was he hurt?

I hate to say it but I knew Ibaka would be a solid trade get for them and a solid presence. Dude had a double double and had as many offensive boards as our entire team combined.

It is just one game.

Ibaka averages 6 points and 6 boards in 20 minutes for the Bucks shooting really bad from three. This one has been his best game by far.

Regarding McGee he has had ups and downs this season. He usually has played well, but lately he hasn't been good enough to deserve 16-20 minutes.

Yes, I know it's one game; however, Ibaka is a career 12/6 guy and has always played well against us. With him backing up Lopez, who will probably be back soon, that gives them a far better one-two C combo than us. McGee is wildly inconsistent and has averaged single digit scoring dating back to 2/12. Same goes for his rebounding. I suppose, to be fair, Ibaka has player about the same for a while but that was largely because his usage by the Clippers has been somewhat minimal at best.

I'm hoping McGee gets it together. I still don't buy into his thought process of being the key guy, but I'm hopeful he's a part of what helps us crest that mountain.
pj0tr
Rookie

Post#254 » by pj0tr » Mon Mar 7, 2022 12:39 am

SkyBill40 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:When I look at the box score, particularly at McGee's line, I'm left to wonder if he even showed up. For all his talk about if the Suns had him when they were in the Finals and he would have been a difference maker, that boast looks pretty empty right about now. Dude played a total of 9 minutes, had one rebound, and no blocks. Did I miss something? Was he hurt?

I hate to say it but I knew Ibaka would be a solid trade get for them and a solid presence. Dude had a double double and had as many offensive boards as our entire team combined.

It is just one game.

Ibaka averages 6 points and 6 boards in 20 minutes for the Bucks shooting really bad from three. This one has been his best game by far.

Regarding McGee he has had ups and downs this season. He usually has played well, but lately he hasn't been good enough to deserve 16-20 minutes.

Yes, I know it's one game; however, Ibaka is a career 12/6 guy and has always played well against us. With him backing up Lopez, who will probably be back soon, that gives them a far better one-two C combo than us. McGee is wildly inconsistent and has averaged single digit scoring dating back to 2/12. Same goes for his rebounding. I suppose, to be fair, Ibaka has player about the same for a while but that was largely because his usage by the Clippers has been somewhat minimal at best.

I'm hoping McGee gets it together. I still don't buy into his thought process of being the key guy, but I'm hopeful he's a part of what helps us crest that mountain.

If the Bucks are relying on Ibaka in 2022 in a playoff series against Phoenix, they are screwed.

Ibaka has largely been terrible for them.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#255 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Mar 7, 2022 12:41 am

pj0tr wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I really don't want to pile on Ayton but I feel like his lateral quickness has taken a step back. I don't think he's moving as well laterally as last season and it feels like he's getting cooked by guards more than ever. One of his big strengths is his ability to switch defensively but it seems like he has regressed a bit there. I wonder if the ankle is still bothering him

theivpointplay pointed this out weeks ago after he came back from the ankle injury.

Its probably something he'll be dealing with the rest of the year. Good news is that he had two great games against the Bucks, and arguably outplayed Giannis both times, at least offensively.

I'm not worried about Ayton. I think both him and the Suns are going to be very careful with his minutes until the playoffs start.

Yeah the good thing is that he has shown he can step up in the playoffs and that's what I'm putting my money on but it is worrying nonetheless
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#256 » by RunDogGun » Mon Mar 7, 2022 1:04 am

Went out to dinner here in Puerto Rico, so I missed the fourth quarter. I’m pretty impressed with how close we were for so long. Honestly, if they called the game evenly, I think we win this one without 3 of our top 5 players. That is pretty amazing actually.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,175

Post#257 » by Slim Charless » Mon Mar 7, 2022 1:11 am

GoranTragic wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:
What do you expect when Ayton can only grab 8 rebounds? How many rebounds did he have against the Knicks?

Ayton wants to get paid max money therefore we should rightly criticize his defensive effort.

I didn’t get to watch this game, but DA doesn’t appear to be getting much help in there. Vertically challenged Crowder with 5 RBs and Mikal with a nut??? Was there a reason for this other than big teams give us fits?

Honestly I'm all for supporting Ayton but these excuses are insane. You are playing the defending champion Bucks that came back from being down 2-0 against you and then beat you in four straight games.

The SUNS had home court advantage and still couldn't seal the deal. You would think that Ayton would have a chip on his shoulder and all he can do is come up with 8 boards. Then in two key defensive moments he can't grab a rebound.

No Paul
No Booker
No CamJo

RISE THE **** UP

Again with this.

So what's your opinion on Mikal's play today? Did you think he did a good job on Mids, or scoring or switching onto Jrue on those 3 pointers?

Inquiring minds want to know.
TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#258 » by TeamTragic » Mon Mar 7, 2022 1:20 am

Slim Charless wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:
I didn’t get to watch this game, but DA doesn’t appear to be getting much help in there. Vertically challenged Crowder with 5 RBs and Mikal with a nut??? Was there a reason for this other than big teams give us fits?

Honestly I'm all for supporting Ayton but these excuses are insane. You are playing the defending champion Bucks that came back from being down 2-0 against you and then beat you in four straight games.

The SUNS had home court advantage and still couldn't seal the deal. You would think that Ayton would have a chip on his shoulder and all he can do is come up with 8 boards. Then in two key defensive moments he can't grab a rebound.

No Paul
No Booker
No CamJo

RISE THE **** UP

Again with this.

So what's your opinion on Mikal's play today? Did you think he did a good job on Mids, or scoring or switching onto Jrue on those 3 pointers?

Bridges has been struggling as of late and I'm not making excuses for him. He didn't do a great job covering Middleton however I still believe that Monty would have CamJo on him.

I'm not saying that Ayton had a terrible game today but did you watch the game against the Knicks? I don't get why he puts on a trash effort against a non-playoff team when he could easily dominate and get that praise.

I'm just saying every game against the Bucks should be balls to the wall. Are they not the defending champs and should he not rise to the occasion?
handsome salary
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,120

Post#259 » by handsome salary » Mon Mar 7, 2022 1:26 am

Sucks they lost against the team that kept from a championship last year. Really sucks. But…..they were without their top 2 players and 6th man. Barely lost on the road while beating this same team brains out while healthy at home. Not every roll is a 7 but it is far from the end the world.

I hope Ayton learns what it takes to be really physical (rebounding/box out)in winning.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,175

Post#260 » by Slim Charless » Mon Mar 7, 2022 1:28 am

GoranTragic wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:

No Paul
No Booker
No CamJo

RISE THE **** UP

Again with this.

Bridges has been struggling as of late and I'm not making excuses for him. He didn't do a great job covering Middleton however I still believe that Monty would have CamJo on him.

I'm not saying that Ayton had a terrible game today but did you watch the game against the Knicks? I don't get why he puts on trash effort against a non-playoff team when he could easily dominate and get that praise.

I'm just saying every game against the Bucks should be balls to the wall. Are they not the defending champs and should he not rise to the occasion?

.....and I bashed him for that Knicks game. He played awful. I'm just saying that Ayton is the go to for complaining around here. He was awesome today scoring. Meanwhile our "stopper" who is loved and can do no wrong got cooked again-like he did in the finals.

Mids is playing terrible this season and almost dropped 50 on us....yet ppl still talk about how Ayton was trash.

Return to Phoenix Suns