ImageImageImage

Game 72: Phoenix Suns (57-14) @ Sacramento Kings (25-47) l Sunday l 3:00pm l BSAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

PittsburghSuns
Junior
And1: 289

Re: Game 72: Phoenix Suns (57-14) @ Sacramento Kings (25-47) l Sunday l 3:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#201 » by PittsburghSuns » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:15 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Good to get on this mini 5 game win streak because the next 5 is going to be a murderers' row

We have the Wolves who are on a roll at the moment, winning 10 of the past 11 games. Then we got the Nuggets, Sixers, Warriors and Grizzlies. All but the Sixers game is going to be on the road, including one B2B against Wolves and Nuggets.

I mean we have the overall 1 seed wrapped up at this point only thing that matters is all time Suns record. Getting healthy is the key now
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Re: Game 72: Phoenix Suns (57-14) @ Sacramento Kings (25-47) l Sunday l 3:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#202 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:52 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:Wowza. I'm surprised as hell they escaped with a win. Let's be honest here: ESCAPED is what they did.

W is a W.

And with your top 2 PGs and PFs out along with Ayton, McGee and Booker fouling out, a win against anyone, especially on the road, is a great win.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,502

Post#203 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:55 am

PittsburghSuns wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Good to get on this mini 5 game win streak because the next 5 is going to be a murderers' row

We have the Wolves who are on a roll at the moment, winning 10 of the past 11 games. Then we got the Nuggets, Sixers, Warriors and Grizzlies. All but the Sixers game is going to be on the road, including one B2B against Wolves and Nuggets.

I mean we have the overall 1 seed wrapped up at this point only thing that matters is all time Suns record. Getting healthy is the key now

I think it's a good challenge for us as we head into the post season. Helps us get focused and engaged playing some hard teams.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#204 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:55 am

ShamWow coming good at the right time
Walt_Uoob
Senior
And1: 403

Post#205 » by Walt_Uoob » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:58 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Walt_Uoob wrote:Will be at this game! Haven't been to a live Suns game in a decade. SO PUMPED.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using RealGM mobile app

That's Awesome! Do you live in Sacramento?
About 45min away in Vacaville (literally "cow town"!)

Sent from my Pixel 5a using RealGM mobile app
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,247

Post#206 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:27 am

I missed practically the whole game whilst doing doordash. Could someone give me a quick recap how we came back after being down by double digits most of the game? How in the world did Craig not be perfect from the field in third straight game? Why is Shamet turning into Peja? So many questions so little time hehe. Any summery is appreciated. Thanks fellas and go Suns!!!
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#207 » by cberry78 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:12 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:I missed practically the whole game whilst doing doordash. Could someone give me a quick recap how we came back after being down by double digits most of the game? How in the world did Craig not be perfect from the field in third straight game? Why is Shamet turning into Peja? So many questions so little time hehe. Any summery is appreciated. Thanks fellas and go Suns!!!

First half: Suns down. Suns down. Suns down. Suns down.
Second Half: Suns down. Suns down. Suns up. Suns down. Suns up. Suns down. Suns up. Tied.
Overtime: Suns up. Suns up. SUNS WIN!
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,247

Post#208 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:25 am

cberry78 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:I missed practically the whole game whilst doing doordash. Could someone give me a quick recap how we came back after being down by double digits most of the game? How in the world did Craig not be perfect from the field in third straight game? Why is Shamet turning into Peja? So many questions so little time hehe. Any summery is appreciated. Thanks fellas and go Suns!!!

First half: Suns down. Suns down. Suns down. Suns down.
Second Half: Suns down. Suns down. Suns up. Suns down. Suns up. Suns down. Suns up. Tied.
Overtime: Suns up. Suns up. SUNS WIN!

So basically we were down 8 times but up 5 times & yet we managed to escape with a win? Now that's a victory worth watching or atleast checking out highlights on YT later. ;)
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,632

Post#209 » by Saberestar » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:13 am

What a fun second half and what a finish!!

We fought hard and our guys delivered. Book and Bridges played great, that 6th foul on Book was weak.

Shamet played a terrific game. He has now a nice rhythm in his game and is showing that he is an sniper and a valuable player for the playoffs. His release is beautiful to watch.

I loved how Mikal took a lot of responsibility on offense all game long, and always playing good defense.

Sabonis is a tough cover for anyone and Ayton was in foul trouble, it was a shame because he was playing great in the first quarter.

Hopefully Crowder is OK and he will not miss time.

58-14 LETSSSSS GO!!
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,188

Post#210 » by King4Day » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:19 pm

Thinking more about cutting Payton for Ish, with how Shamet has been playing, it actually wouldn't be the worst thing if we made this move.
I'd feel bad for Payton since he's been on this ride with the guys all season but the same could be said for Ish.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,632

Post#211 » by Saberestar » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:53 pm

King4Day wrote:Thinking more about cutting Payton for Ish, with how Shamet has been playing, it actually wouldn't be the worst thing if we made this move.
I'd feel bad for Payton since he's been on this ride with the guys all season but the same could be said for Ish.

A nice thing about Shamet is his fit next to Booker when we need or want to play Point-Book.

He is a shooter with low usage mentality and defends better PGs or small SGs than big SGs or SFs.

But I think I prefer Payton over Wainright as a 15th man for the playoffs.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#212 » by ATTL » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:17 pm

Payton can not see the floor in the playoffs. Its shocking to me how he could start for the Knicks last year.
Maze
Bench Warmer
And1: 949

Post#213 » by Maze » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:48 pm

grumpysaddle wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
King4Day wrote:
I think that'll be decided in the next week or so but I really see no way Payton isn't on the playoff roster.
Can't risk losing a playmaking type guard who can defend for a guy who can only defend. You lose Paul and our offense is in serious trouble.

I trust Holiday more than Elf. I see no reason to keep Payton on.

Was just thinking they could probably find a 14th or 15th spot player from the russian league to step in and be more of a threat than Payton. Payton is REALLY, REALLY bad at basketball.

Payton just looks disinterested most of the time.Even his passing/decision making is shaky 90% of the time.I can't remember who he was trying to get the ball to, but he attempted to throw a bounce pass between two Kings players that made no sense.Luckily the refs called a kick ball on the play or else it would've lead to a breakaway jam for the Kings.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Post#214 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:26 pm

ATTL wrote:Payton can not see the floor in the playoffs. Its shocking to me how he could start for the Knicks last year.

Even though they had a 51-31 record, they had a negative net rating by I think almost -4 while he was on the floor. I think they were very happy when Rose got back to give them a starter level PG. What made it even worse for them was that Randle was their primary distributor so I don't know why you'd play Payton instead of a shooter/scorer anyway.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#215 » by RunDogGun » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:50 pm

Maze wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I trust Holiday more than Elf. I see no reason to keep Payton on.

Was just thinking they could probably find a 14th or 15th spot player from the russian league to step in and be more of a threat than Payton. Payton is REALLY, REALLY bad at basketball.

Payton just looks disinterested most of the time.Even his passing/decision making is shaky 90% of the time.I can't remember who he was trying to get the ball to, but he attempted to throw a bounce pass between two Kings players that made no sense.Luckily the refs called a kick ball on the play or else it would've lead to a breakaway jam for the Kings.

He just wasn't ready to go from starter to third string. His minutes were up and down, and half his minutes were at a position he is struggling at, shooting guard. Either way he is making it hard to give minutes to. The Suns better get Iffe in and ready to play, and then waive Elf and make Iffe a full contract. Or just continue to bench Elf, and basically hope that he isn't needed in the playoffs.

If Payne is out next game, start Holiday to see if he can handle the role. It seems clear that Elf isn't going to return to his former self. He did get three steals and 2 blocks, so as a defender, he is pretty good, he just hasn't fit into the offense.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#216 » by RunDogGun » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:52 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
ATTL wrote:Payton can not see the floor in the playoffs. Its shocking to me how he could start for the Knicks last year.

Even though they had a 51-31 record, they had a negative net rating by I think almost -4 while he was on the floor. I think they were very happy when Rose got back to give them a starter level PG. What made it even worse for them was that Randle was their primary distributor so I don't know why you'd play Payton instead of a shooter/scorer anyway.

Thibs probably liked his defense. Last night he had three steals and 2 blocks in 18 minutes.
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#217 » by suns12345 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:30 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Thibs probably liked his defense. Last night he had three steals and 2 blocks in 18 minutes.

it's lucky he's good at defense so he can reduce all the points scored off his turnovers...

Although A. Holiday loves a turnover too - Holiday's shooting makes him the guy to play though in my opinion, and it's not like holiday is a slouch on defence even though he is a bit small.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#218 » by RunDogGun » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:39 pm

suns12345 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

it's lucky he's good at defense so he can reduce all the points scored off his turnovers...

Although A. Holiday loves a turnover too - Holiday's shooting makes him the guy to play though in my opinion, and it's not like holiday is a slouch on defence even though he is a bit small.

His turnovers do suck, as do any of Booker's or Payne's. They all make passes while in the air, or force passes. Three steals and two blocks in 18 minutes really makes up for those.

But I would try starting Holiday at least once while Payne is out. Monty tried Payton, a bit late in my opinion, but he did try starting him once, and besides the defense, he didn't produce. So Holiday should get a shot at the start.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,097

Post#219 » by spanishninja » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:26 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
suns12345 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:Thibs probably liked his defense. Last night he had three steals and 2 blocks in 18 minutes.

His turnovers do suck, as do any of Booker's or Payne's. They all make passes while in the air, or force passes. Three steals and two blocks in 18 minutes really makes up for those.

But I would try starting Holiday at least once while Payne is out. Monty tried Payton, a bit late in my opinion, but he did try starting him once, and besides the defense, he didn't produce. So Holiday should get a shot at the start.

not sure why people are talking about Holiday's turnovers as if they're a real problem. his A/T is almost 3.

Return to Phoenix Suns