ImageImageImage

Game 77: Phoenix Suns (62-14) @ Memphis Grizzlies (54-23) l Friday l 5:00pm l NBATV l BSAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

More impressive record; Suns without CP3 or Grizzlies without Ja?

Grizzlies 19-2 without Ja Morant
88%
Phoenix 11-4 without Chris Paul
6%
None of the above
6%

Total votes: 17

RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Re: Game 77: Phoenix Suns (62-14) @ Memphis Grizzlies (54-23) l Friday l 5:00pm l NBATV l BSAZ 

Post#241 » by RunDogGun » Sat Apr 2, 2022 3:28 am

bwgood77 wrote:
dremill24 wrote:I dunno what twilight zone i've been pulled into but Im going to exit lol. Every play is different, every view is different, every interpretation is different, sometimes the calls are right, sometimes they're missed...ya'll are crazy lol

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I can't believe calls in the TWolves game are still being talked about.

Sorry it wasn't the endless Ayton debate you had for a month. :roll:
pj0tr
Rookie
And1: 1,312

Re: Game 77: Phoenix Suns (62-14) @ Memphis Grizzlies (54-23) l Friday l 5:00pm l NBATV l BSAZ 

Post#242 » by pj0tr » Sat Apr 2, 2022 3:32 am

Biff wrote:While I recognize that some think this was meaningless, I'm not sure I agree. The Grizzlies are a young and extremely confident team. If you don't think them having their B and C squad wipe the floor with our A squad isn't going to give them confidence heading into the playoffs and potential WCF matchup, I think you're dead wrong. I guarantee they're talking about this in their locker room. Giving this young, confident and talented group of guys more belief that they can beat us in a series, isn't great, IMO. I really wish we had come out and sent them a message because they definitely have the pieces to beat us.

Did you watch the Suns play on both ends? They literally did not care about the game.

That was obvious in the first 2 minutes of the game.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,153

Post#243 » by Slim Charless » Sat Apr 2, 2022 3:38 am

Biff wrote:While I recognize that some think this was meaningless, I'm not sure I agree. The Grizzlies are a young and extremely confident team. If you don't think them having their B and C squad wipe the floor with our A squad isn't going to give them confidence heading into the playoffs and potential WCF matchup, I think you're dead wrong. I guarantee they're talking about this in their locker room. Giving this young, confident and talented group of guys more belief that they can beat us in a series, isn't great, IMO. I really wish we had come out and sent them a message because they definitely have the pieces to beat us.

I agree 100% but we won't see them till the conference finals..and quite frankly I don't think they make it that far. If they get that PG/Kawhi-led Clipper team, I think it's game over for them.

Unfortunately, if we play like this again for a playoff series, it's game over for us as well. No matter who we play lol.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#244 » by RunDogGun » Sat Apr 2, 2022 3:44 am

Slim Charless wrote:

I agree 100% but we won't see them till the conference finals..and quite frankly I don't think they make it that far. If they get that PG/Kawhi-led Clipper team, I think it's game over for them.

Unfortunately, if we play like this again for a playoff series, it's game over for us as well. No matter who we play lol.

Yeah, back to back stinker effort games going into the playoffs is bad. We lucked out winning the GSW game, and being at full strength losing to a team's 2nd and 3rd squad is worrisome. I totally thought Monty would have us come out playing tough after the GSW game.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,032

Post#245 » by sunsbg » Sat Apr 2, 2022 3:51 am

Ugh, barely beat Warriors without Curry and lost to Grizz bench players. Beat the Lakers for the rs record and just rest the starters at this point.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#246 » by Slim Charless » Sat Apr 2, 2022 3:52 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:BW, I'm glad you're here. What's up with your mod friend MickeyDavis? How is he able to just troll posters like he does Suns fans....

I haven't seen him here.

GB. Across multiple threads..If he weren't a mod, there's no doubt he would've gotten a strike by now.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#247 » by RunDogGun » Sat Apr 2, 2022 3:55 am

Frank Lee wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
dremill24 wrote:We've been blown out due to poor shooting on our end or hot shooting by the opponent but Im not sure I remember losing a game solely due to lack of effort this season like this.

I would say it's godawful rebounding by us. There's no excuse to only have 2 offensive board to their 16. Even more so when JJJ and Adams aren't playing.

We got 3 rebounds from our starting Fs….. nuff said.

Even worse when you expand it out to the five guys that played either the 3 or 4 tonight had a total of 5 rebounds.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#248 » by Slim Charless » Sat Apr 2, 2022 3:55 am

RunDogGun wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Yeah, back to back stinker effort games going into the playoffs is bad. We lucked out winning the GSW game, and being at full strength losing to a team's 2nd and 3rd squad is worrisome. I totally thought Monty would have us come out playing tough after the GSW game.

I'm guessing they thought they could just slouch their way to victory. Especially after pulling out that GSW game, and now the media is finally giving them love for that "crunch-time" stuff. I assume they figured they could loaf and turn it on whenever they felt like it.

Disappointed in CP3 in this one. He should've been the one to take charge quicker. A couple more mins of effort like they had the end and they would've pulled it out. If they played like that the whole game, all the starters would've been sitting by the 4th.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#249 » by RunDogGun » Sat Apr 2, 2022 3:58 am

sunsbg wrote:Ugh, barely beat Warriors without Curry and lost to Grizz bench players. Beat the Lakers for the rs record and just rest the starters at this point.

The two positives I can pull from the game are :we got Cam Johnson back in uniform, and Payne had a decent game after that complete stinker he had in GS.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#250 » by RunDogGun » Sat Apr 2, 2022 4:03 am

Slim Charless wrote:I'm guessing they thought they could just slouch their way to victory. Especially after pulling out that GSW game, and now the media is finally giving them love for that "crunch-time" stuff. I assume they figured they could loaf and turn it on whenever they felt like it.

Disappointed in CP3 in this one. He should've been the one to take charge quicker. A couple more mins of effort like they had the end and they would've pulled it out. If they played like that the whole game, all the starters would've been sitting by the 4th.

I am a bit more bummed with Monty. After the GS game, he should have had this team hungry to get the franchise record. Also, he should have had multiple plays ready to get CamJo easier layups to start, when he came in.

I still don't think we have the best starting lineup we could have. I am not sure why we are playing like any game is an easy light switch we can just turn on. I think Paul is feeling some soreness still. He seemed reluctant to shoot.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,137

Post#251 » by spanishninja » Sat Apr 2, 2022 4:10 am

sunsbg wrote:Ugh, barely beat Warriors without Curry and lost to Grizz bench players. Beat the Lakers for the rs record and just rest the starters at this point.
we can get the record vs the thunder on sunday. unless you are implying we will lose to them too, which is totally possible!

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#252 » by bwgood77 » Sat Apr 2, 2022 4:10 am

Slim Charless wrote:

If Kawhi is back I would happily take Memphis over the Clippers if Kawhi comes back.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,032

Post#253 » by sunsbg » Sat Apr 2, 2022 4:21 am

spanishninja wrote:
we can get the record vs the thunder on sunday. unless you are implying we will lose to them too, which is totally possible!

Just want they crush Lakers with AD back now to make them miss the play-in. 63, 64, etc wins doesn't matter to me if the players are already resting on the court better take them out completely, less risk for injury.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#254 » by RunDogGun » Sat Apr 2, 2022 4:33 am

sunsbg wrote:
spanishninja wrote:

Just want they crush Lakers with AD back now to make them miss the play-in. 63, 64, etc wins doesn't matter to me if the players are already resting on the court better take them out completely, less risk for injury.

Would be fun to beat the Lakers while resting some of out guys, though. :dontknow:
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#255 » by Slim Charless » Sat Apr 2, 2022 4:57 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

If Kawhi is back I would happily take Memphis over the Clippers if Kawhi comes back.

Might not be a choice. I'm thinking of laying some $$$ on them to make the west finals. If they get KL and the rest....they're storm through everyone short of us.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#256 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sat Apr 2, 2022 5:30 am

Memphis had 32 more offensive rebounds than us in 3 games.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,809

Post#257 » by Saberestar » Sat Apr 2, 2022 7:28 am

****, that was tough one. I thought that we had it in the third quarter but the Grizzlies wanted more than us and played with much more effort.

One of those rare nights were we couldn't close the game in the fourth quarter.

Oh well, the next one will be our 63th win.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,427

Post#258 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Apr 2, 2022 8:20 am

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Might not be a choice. I'm thinking of laying some $$$ on them to make the west finals. If they get KL and the rest....they're storm through everyone short of us.

Even if Kawhi comes back they wont go far with barely any chemistry together. PG will play around 40ish games, Kawhi around 5 games if even that many... You cant just throw a few superstar players together and hope they win a series over Phoenix/Grizzlies in the first round. Even MJ was rusty in 95 playoffs after missing two years of basketball losing in semis to the eventual finalist in the Magic.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,623

Post#259 » by lilfishi22 » Sat Apr 2, 2022 8:39 am

Memphis played a great game. Their rotation guys really stepped up and did so the whole game. Full props to them for the W. I'm not worried about the loss, I'm not worried about the loss to the #2 team and I'm not worried we struggled a little bit against both the Warriors and the Grizz.

Let's be honest, as good as we are, we can't win every game. We're not gonna go 16 and 0 in the playoffs. That being said, I don't think the last two games "exposed" anything. We just got beat by the better team. I'm not gonna take more than that from this L
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
PittsburghSuns
Junior
And1: 289

Post#260 » by PittsburghSuns » Sat Apr 2, 2022 11:42 am

Wow the Grizz are clearly the team to beat in the West. We best hope someone knocks them out before the WCF

Return to Phoenix Suns