ImageImageImage

Game 79: Los Angeles Lakers (31-47) @ Phoenix Suns (62-16) l Tuesday l 7:30pm l NBATV l BSAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Predict Suns win margin after two game losing streak?

Suns win by 3-8
13%
Suns win by 9-16
38%
Suns win by 17-25
13%
Suns win by 26-33
No votes
Subs win by 34-42
No votes
Suns win by 43+
38%

Total votes: 8

handsome salary
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,095

Re: Game 79: Los Angeles Lakers (31-47) @ Phoenix Suns (62-16) l Tuesday l 7:30pm l NBATV l BSAZ 

Post#201 » by handsome salary » Wed Apr 6, 2022 6:13 am

starbosa10 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=o5bNaW560rN86A1ca7EWeQ&s=19

Class move
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,132

Re: Game 79: Los Angeles Lakers (31-47) @ Phoenix Suns (62-16) l Tuesday l 7:30pm l NBATV l BSAZ 

Post#202 » by starbosa10 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 6:20 am

Read on Twitter
?t=AKt2LJfFWdOouCXxajWcaQ&s=19
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,384

Post#203 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 6:28 am

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
I think his pedigree, his talent, his size/speed and his age is a perfect fit. Along with the his natural leadership. He'd be like a sponge around CP3.

Biggest problem: shooting the ball. Well, we have an excellent shooting team stocked with guys that can find the bottom of the net. I can't remember if it was Simmons or Zach Lowe, but they broke down the numbers and our team is incredibly efficient and full of dead eye shooters (Shamet excused :wink: )

I also love trading for someone when their value is low.

Yeah, but lets set the dollar's value at Ayton. In this case you are trading a dollar for a quarter and a nickel.

Payne is a lot better than Suggs. Even with Payne having a terrible shooting night, he's dishing out 11 assists with only 2 turnovers. That's elite.

Well, we have to accept that the theoretical trade probably isn't gonna involve us getting someone else that is gonna need a max. Since that is the whole reason why Bobby is moving Ayton. (So no Zion for me :-? )

Well, then you need to get good players on good deals who fit your youth window with Booker, but can still help the CP3 title window. Plus picks.

So WCJ is a semi decent big who can somewhat do Ayton numbers-though he's nowhere near the flexible defender DA is. Plus he's locked up for awhile and is still very young.

As to Suggs, you sell that as him being a top 5 pick only a yr ago and our CP3 replacement. As for camP,, you can probably send to a team like DET for a good pick as he's exactly what they need..

For us I highlighted why Suggs would work. In this situation, we might could talk ORL into an lightly/unprotected pick next yr as well I'm sure.

Is that perfect? No, but the perfect thing is to just max DA. I've been saying since last year that Sarver was never gonna pay for 3 max guys on this team. I just figured it was Mikal he'd trade as opposed to our only ever #1 overall pick....looks like I could be wrong there.

I was never high on Suggs. I didn't really talk about him though given our pick. I know you mentioned trading Bridges for him a lot. I did assume he would be a top 5 pick though but I think most did and that it was a given. I think most expected him 4th though, but Toronto, astute at drafting as usual, took Barnes instead.

I was high on WCJ coming out...I had him tied for Bridges at 5th in the draft after Luka, Ayton and then I kind of had Trae and JJJ tied, but he's disappointed me a bit. I was happy to see him playing better in Orlando though. He's definitely a far cry from Ayton.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#204 » by Slim Charless » Wed Apr 6, 2022 6:49 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Yeah, but lets set the dollar's value at Ayton. In this case you are trading a dollar for a quarter and a nickel.

Payne is a lot better than Suggs. Even with Payne having a terrible shooting night, he's dishing out 11 assists with only 2 turnovers. That's elite.

Well, we have to accept that the theoretical trade probably isn't gonna involve us getting someone else that is gonna need a max. Since that is the whole reason why Bobby is moving Ayton. (So no Zion for me :-? )

Well, then you need to get good players on good deals who fit your youth window with Booker, but can still help the CP3 title window. Plus picks.

So WCJ is a semi decent big who can somewhat do Ayton numbers-though he's nowhere near the flexible defender DA is. Plus he's locked up for awhile and is still very young.

As to Suggs, you sell that as him being a top 5 pick only a yr ago and our CP3 replacement. As for camP,, you can probably send to a team like DET for a good pick as he's exactly what they need..

For us I highlighted why Suggs would work. In this situation, we might could talk ORL into an lightly/unprotected pick next yr as well I'm sure.

Is that perfect? No, but the perfect thing is to just max DA. I've been saying since last year that Sarver was never gonna pay for 3 max guys on this team. I just figured it was Mikal he'd trade as opposed to our only ever #1 overall pick....looks like I could be wrong there.

I was never high on Suggs. I didn't really talk about him though given our pick. I know you mentioned trading Bridges for him a lot. I did assume he would be a top 5 pick though but I think most did and that it was a given. I think most expected him 4th though, but Toronto, astute at drafting as usual, took Barnes instead.

I was high on WCJ coming out...I had him tied for Bridges at 5th in the draft after Luka, Ayton and then I kind of had Trae and JJJ tied, but he's disappointed me a bit. I was happy to see him playing better in Orlando though. He's definitely a far cry from Ayton.

Well, that's why I always thought that if there was a trade to happen, it'd be Mikal they moved as imo CamJo is really a SF that plays PF for us since Mikal is so freaking awesome.

That being said it means we have 2 SFs and no PF as Jae should be coming off the bench. That, combined with the fact that what Ayton does for this team is very hard to replicate.

It's why I figured that Sarver would move Mikal for a PF and just move CamJo to SF while resigning Ayton to a max deal. Now, I don't know what to think. Mikal took a paycut imo as I feel he could've gotten much more on the open market. Would JJ and Monty really betray that trust and ship him out? I kinda doubt it.

That doesn't change the fact that I find it hard (impossible) to believe that Sarver is paying CP3/Booker/Mikal/Ayton and CamJo all over 20M+ a year. Which is what it's gonna cost to keep these dudes.

Somethings gotta give here.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,801

Post#205 » by Saberestar » Wed Apr 6, 2022 10:21 am

Great game. We played a fantastic third quarter and we annihilated the Lakers.

Booker enjoyed this game. He was happy for real.
Ayton was amazing on the boards and scoring. 22/13 in 27 minutes...ridiculous.

No doom and gloom at all after the last couple of losses lol, everything is fine and we are ready to fight in the playoffs.

New franchise's record is set...we can enjoy without any press the last three games of the RS.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,163

Post#206 » by Revived » Wed Apr 6, 2022 2:41 pm

Saw the reports that Lakers are gonna fire Vogel and hire either Snyder or Doc if either one comes available.

I really hope it’s Doc. Snyder is actually a good coach but just dealing with an egotistical “star” in Mitchell and one that had no offense game in Gobert.

Doc Rivers with the Lakers would be perfect and keep them down for at least another 5/6 years.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#207 » by BobbieL » Wed Apr 6, 2022 3:05 pm

Revived wrote:Saw the reports that Lakers are gonna fire Vogel and hire either Snyder or Doc if either one comes available.

I really hope it’s Doc. Snyder is actually a good coach but just dealing with an egotistical “star” in Mitchell and one that had no offense game in Gobert.

Doc Rivers with the Lakers would be perfect and keep them down for at least another 5/6 years.

As long as the GM is James/Rich paul with Kurt Rambis - I think the Lakers will - well I guess we shall see

But thats an older team that needs to trade Davis and even pawn off RW or just buy him out at this point

Vogel - he will get a nice going away gift

As for the Suns - 63 wins! Come on playoffs
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#208 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Apr 6, 2022 6:24 pm

Slim Charless wrote:Well, that's why I always thought that if there was a trade to happen, it'd be Mikal they moved as imo CamJo is really a SF that plays PF for us since Mikal is so freaking awesome.

That being said it means we have 2 SFs and no PF as Jae should be coming off the bench. That, combined with the fact that what Ayton does for this team is very hard to replicate.

It's why I figured that Sarver would move Mikal for a PF and just move CamJo to SF while resigning Ayton to a max deal. Now, I don't know what to think. Mikal took a paycut imo as I feel he could've gotten much more on the open market. Would JJ and Monty really betray that trust and ship him out? I kinda doubt it.

That doesn't change the fact that I find it hard (impossible) to believe that Sarver is paying CP3/Booker/Mikal/Ayton and CamJo all over 20M+ a year. Which is what it's gonna cost to keep these dudes.

Whatever's going to give, it sure as hell won't be Bridges. Our ironman and best defensive player continues to show growth on offense. I think there's a good chance he sticks with us until he's past his prime, if not his whole career, and that he'll end up in the Ring of Honor. We ain't moving him.

We can lament the lack of rebounding and rim protection from our forwards, but it's a give-and-take situation. Our four out offense is among the league's best, and despite our lack of size, we're also one of the league's best defensive teams. Our weakness is on the boards, and interior D whenever the opponent draws our bigs out of the paint, but there are very few players who can provide the versatile defense and spacing that Crowder and Cam do who can also grab boards and block shots. Off the top of my head, I can think of Durant, Miles Bridges, Siakam, Portis, Ingram. In the future, Jaren Jackson, Pokusevski or Jaden McDaniels might join that list. Might. It's a rare combination of skills.

If you WERE going to trade Ayton, I imagine those are the players - Bridges, Siakam, Ingram - you might target. But I don't think it makes sense. What makes sense is continuing to do what we've been doing - and, hopefully, Sarver being motivated to sell the team to someone willing to pay the bill that's coming due.
Jesus_H_Macy
Rookie
And1: 1,074

Post#209 » by Jesus_H_Macy » Wed Apr 6, 2022 6:27 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Jesus_H_Macy wrote:Think we’ll actually show up for this game? I’m not very confident the Suns will take this one seriously, but unlike the Dubs, Grizz, and OKC the Lakers aren’t one of those teams that plays hard for entire games (remind you of your favorite team?) so I think I’ll chalk up a W here despite my better judgement. Monty better do something in-game to get their energy going if we come out playing the same way again. Anyone who isn’t busting their ass should get pulled and sat for the rest of the game, W or L be damned. I don’t subscribe to the idea that mailing in all these remaining games won’t have an effect on how we play in the playoffs or the confidence other teams will gain playing against us.

The last thing we need is for suns fans to panic regarding our team..they've proved time and time again how dominant they are and a two game losing streak should not cause us to panic. I dont think Suns have lost two straight games dating back to our bubble days.

Regular season wins are cute, but the ultimate goal is to be last team standing for a chance to win a championship. I'm just relieved Booker, Ayton, & Crowder got their much needed rest while CamJ & CP3 are integrated back into the lineup after missing dozens of games.

Now if we struggle in the first round by going 6/7 games against lowly 8th seed that makes sense, but for now the team is ahead of schedule and everyone should not panic and trust our team.

I consider that (valid) criticism, not panic. My concern wasn't that they can't or even won't be dominant in the playoffs, I just think habits and mindsets can have a lot of significance. But I get your point. Either way, the Suns made me look like a hater last night so as EJ says "We Good" :D
handsome salary
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,095

Post#210 » by handsome salary » Wed Apr 6, 2022 6:49 pm

How many media analysts picked the Lakers as Western conference favorites? All of them with total egg on their faces.

Hey Shaq...WHOOPY FREAKIN DOO DOO (golf clap)
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,801

Post#211 » by Saberestar » Wed Apr 6, 2022 7:04 pm

handsome salary wrote:How many media analysts picked the Lakers as Western conference favorites? All of them with total egg on their faces.

I think the Lakers committed a huge mistake signing too many old players.

Rondo. Where is he now? D.Jordan...now on the Sixers bench.

Ariza absolutely done. Ellington done. Bazemore done. And the list go on and go on.

Westbrook is old too and can't adapt his game to a lesser role. And A. Davis constantly injured.

IDK how they are gonna fix their roster. I think they are gonna change basically all the team but LeBron and AD and they will hire a new coaching staff.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#212 » by Slim Charless » Wed Apr 6, 2022 7:13 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:Well, that's why I always thought that if there was a trade to happen, it'd be Mikal they moved as imo CamJo is really a SF that plays PF for us since Mikal is so freaking awesome.

Whatever's going to give, it sure as hell won't be Bridges. Our ironman and best defensive player continues to show growth on offense. I think there's a good chance he sticks with us until he's past his prime, if not his whole career, and that he'll end up in the Ring of Honor. We ain't moving him.

We can lament the lack of rebounding and rim protection from our forwards, but it's a give-and-take situation. Our four out offense is among the league's best, and despite our lack of size, we're also one of the league's best defensive teams. Our weakness is on the boards, and interior D whenever the opponent draws our bigs out of the paint, but there are very few players who can provide the versatile defense and spacing that Crowder and Cam do who can also grab boards and block shots. Off the top of my head, I can think of Durant, Miles Bridges, Siakam, Portis, Ingram. In the future, Jaren Jackson, Pokusevski or Jaden McDaniels might join that list. Might. It's a rare combination of skills.

If you WERE going to trade Ayton, I imagine those are the players - Bridges, Siakam, Ingram - you might target. But I don't think it makes sense. What makes sense is continuing to do what we've been doing - and, hopefully, Sarver being motivated to sell the team to someone willing to pay the bill that's coming due.

Sarver selling the team is the best option here. For everyone. Imagine if we win this year and he sells? He'd make a killing. I couldn't even imagine what price the Suns would go for.

Gotta figure at least 3 billion I bet. That's more than Balmer paid for the Clips, but I think he could get that easy. Maybe even 4-5 billion depending.

Works out well for all. Including him.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,384

Post#213 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 7:44 pm

Saberestar wrote:
handsome salary wrote:How many media analysts picked the Lakers as Western conference favorites? All of them with total egg on their faces.

Ariza absolutely done. Ellington done. Bazemore done. And the list go on and go on.

Westbrook is old too and can't adapt his game to a lesser role. And A. Davis constantly injured.

IDK how they are gonna fix their roster. I think they are gonna change basically all the team but LeBron and AD and they will hire a new coaching staff.

Seemed pretty obvious you''d want to surround LeBron/AD with shooters and defensive guys. But they get rid of two solid 3D guards who shot around 40% from 3 in KCP and Caruso, 2 6th man types in Schroder and Kuzma and I think the reigning 6th man of the year in Harrell and I think a Morris bro, all for Westbrook who can't shoot and needs the ball in his hands like LeBron, and a bunch of washed up vets or end of rotation guys like Monk and Ellington.

Whoever decided on that was an idiot.

If you want to go all in on Westbrook you really should surround him with 3D guys and even a C who can stretch the floor.

Westbrook's energy can be contagious and I think he can be a solid player but he definitely needs the right guys around him. In a way like Iverson though I think he's better than Iverson (was in his prime and at this age).

Age 33 comparison RW beats him in pts, ast, reb, blks and all the %s except FT (which is odd because for the longest time RW was over an 80% FT shooter until they changed the rules and he couldn't walk back about 10 ft or whatever his routine was which really messed him up). https://stathead.com/tiny/n97NE
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#214 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 11:44 pm

Can't believe we eliminated the Lakers again. B2B season of waving goodbye to LA. Sweet sweet vengeance
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#215 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 11:52 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Seemed pretty obvious you''d want to surround LeBron/AD with shooters and defensive guys. But they get rid of two solid 3D guards who shot around 40% from 3 in KCP and Caruso, 2 6th man types in Schroder and Kuzma and I think the reigning 6th man of the year in Harrell and I think a Morris bro, all for Westbrook who can't shoot and needs the ball in his hands like LeBron, and a bunch of washed up vets or end of rotation guys like Monk and Ellington.

Whoever decided on that was an idiot.

If you want to go all in on Westbrook you really should surround him with 3D guys and even a C who can stretch the floor.

Westbrook's energy can be contagious and I think he can be a solid player but he definitely needs the right guys around him. In a way like Iverson though I think he's better than Iverson (was in his prime and at this age).

Age 33 comparison RW beats him in pts, ast, reb, blks and all the %s except FT (which is odd because for the longest time RW was over an 80% FT shooter until they changed the rules and he couldn't walk back about 10 ft or whatever his routine was which really messed him up). https://stathead.com/tiny/n97NE

Surrounding Lebron with shooters is and has been the blueprint to a building a contender for almost two decades yet they went away from that and got a bunch of dudes who can shoot a little bit but can't do much else in their advanced age. As you mentioned, they were a pretty deep team the previous two seasons which made up for Lebron/Street Clothes missing games. This season, they put ALL their eggs in the Westbrook basket and that's been a disaster that anyone who knows anything about basketball could see coming from an astronomical unit away.

Westbrook can still be a force to be reckoned with even though he can't shoot but putting him next to Lebron just made zero sense. I get the argument that RW helps carry the load but that would require Lebron to play off ball which Lebron never quite seem to be comfortable with. So that led to RW playing off ball which is completely the wrong way to use Russ. I really want to know who put that final stamp of approval on that trade.

I remember before the Russ trade, I was honestly worried when a Hield trade was close to becoming reality. I'm glad that didn't happen
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#216 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 11:56 pm

Revived wrote:Saw the reports that Lakers are gonna fire Vogel and hire either Snyder or Doc if either one comes available.

100% Doc on the Lakers just makes perfect sense. Super overrated coach with a higher profile than his actual coaching ability. Snyder would actually be a worry.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#217 » by RunDogGun » Thu Apr 7, 2022 5:16 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:

100% Doc on the Lakers just makes perfect sense. Super overrated coach with a higher profile than his actual coaching ability. Snyder would actually be a worry.

Yeah, Doc is overrated. He has benefitted from having good players. Snyder would be a good pickup for LAL, but would he be able to do much with guys like Lebron or Westbrook?

Return to Phoenix Suns