ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 5 - (8) New Orleans Pelicans @ (1) Phoenix Suns l Tuesday l 7:00pm l TNT l Series tied 2-2

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Predict CamJ point total & Pelicans Off Reb total

6-9 points
3%
10-13 points
17%
14-16 points
6%
17-20 points
11%
21+ points
14%
10-12 Off Reb
17%
13-16 Off Reb
9%
17-21 Off Reb
9%
22-24 Off Reb
6%
25-35 Off Reb
9%

Total votes: 35

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,629

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 5 - (8) New Orleans Pelicans @ (1) Phoenix Suns l Tuesday l 7:00pm l TNT l Series tied 2-2 

Post#801 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:09 am

RunDogGun wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:But he can't guard any of their guys. One of those steals was a deflection from someone else that he grabbed. The +6 had more to due with who he was on the floor with. Holiday was 1-1 with two assists in 6 minutes.

His job, like all role players is to have a positive impact on the floor. He did just that. I'm not going to argue he's a good defender but he did his **** job tonight.

Did he? He shot 2-6, and that is the only thing he does well. You can't argue that he is a good defender, because he isn't. Holiday is the better choice. He lucked out playing with the starters.

Everyone has bad shooting games even your favourite guy CamJo, I'm sure you've followed the first 4 games. And again, I didn't say a single thing about his defense. But hey, if you're looking for things to critique in an otherwise solid performance, you'll find it...just like every other player on the team even DA, Mikal and CP3

I'm happy we got the win so if you wanna keep looking for **** to throw on the Shamet dartboard, hey the bucket of **** is in the corner, go for gold mate :olympics:
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 5 - (8) New Orleans Pelicans @ (1) Phoenix Suns l Tuesday l 7:00pm l TNT l Series tied 2-2 

Post#802 » by RunDogGun » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:09 am

PittsburghSuns wrote:Shamet from an eye test is a net negative for this team. He’s not nearly a good enough shooter to make up for his D or turnovers. Game seems to fast for him, the Pels literally try to pick on him every time they can on O.

It is easy to pick on. It was easy to see this coming back when we got him, which I did. But you can't point out the obvious here, or you are a "hater"
PittsburghSuns
Junior
And1: 289

Post#803 » by PittsburghSuns » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:10 am

Booker isn’t coming back this series hell he might miss half of round 2 if it’s 3 weeks not 2. Tonight was only a week so he’s still got some time to go can’t even consider him an option for game 6 or game 7. If the injury wasn’t that bad he would have played tonight. He can’t play clearly.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,456

Post#804 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:10 am

bwoolf2 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:
If Cam Johnson had that same game you would be talking about him getting more minutes and starting, just saying

You mean the guy that shot better than Shamet, got 9 rebounds, and 5 assists? Wrong time to try and make that comment, but I guess it's all you got. :lol:

Haters gonna hate and that was his best game of the series, and please don't talk about how bad a defender shamet is because Cam has been every bit as bad...

I dont despise Shamet but after Cam's injury he was not the same in his last week of RS including playoffs. While Shamet had the whole season to fix his broken jumpshot and yet continues to brick against a lowly Pelicans team. I'm just mainly talking about his shooting vs Cams shooting over Shamet's defense which the shooting is a bigger concern for me between the two (shooting vs defense).
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#805 » by bwoolf2 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:11 am

RunDogGun wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:You mean the guy that shot better than Shamet, got 9 rebounds, and 5 assists? Wrong time to try and make that comment, but I guess it's all you got. :lol:

Haters gonna hate and that was his best game of the series, and please don't talk about how bad a defender shamet is because Cam has been every bit as bad...

Ha, did you really have that comeback trying to throw shade on Cam? Yep haters gonna hate, which you did. Best game of the series? :lol:

I like Cam but I'm not blind either his defense has been atrocious that's why you almost never see him matched up against Ingram or Cj, that the best you got, I love him so I don't see what he isn't doing well... ok buddy

:banghead:
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,629

Post#806 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:11 am

Revived wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:Eh really? +/- alone? Again this is a stat that is based on the players you play with and Shamet played lot of mins with starters with Crowder out.

Me or you could play with like the 2017 Warriors and we would have +10 or +20 at the end of games but that wouldn’t mean we’re good basketball players just means we’re playing with Curry, Klay, KD and Draymond, aka 4 stars.

And IDGAF what analytics say about him as a defender because I am not saying anything about his defense. He did his job tonight, like McGee, like Payne, like Crowder. Not a single person on here is arguing he's did any more or any less

Interesting…so you look at the +/- at the end of games and assume the guys who all had positive +/- did well and the guys who have a negative +/- didn’t…interesting. I disagree, I think that metric is probably the most useless metric in basketball especially on a short game to game basis but hey we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

I watched the game, thought he did fairly well by his standards and after the game saw he had a positive +/- to confirm the eye test
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#807 » by TeamTragic » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:12 am

Everyone did a good job tonight including Monty.

Keep bringing that contagious energy :nod:
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,152

Post#808 » by starbosa10 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:14 am

You'd think we lost considering some of the posts in here. Did everyone play a perfect game? No but we lead the majority of the game, guys started finding their shots to, got the job done, and didn't pick up any injuries.

Now we have two shots to close it out.
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant

Post#809 » by bwoolf2 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:14 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:You mean the guy that shot better than Shamet, got 9 rebounds, and 5 assists? Wrong time to try and make that comment, but I guess it's all you got. :lol:

I dont despise Shamet but after Cam's injury he was not the same in his last week of RS including playoffs. While Shamet had the whole season to fix his broken jumpshot and yet continues to brick against a lowly Pelicans team. I'm just mainly talking about his shooting vs Cams shooting over Shamet's defense which the shooting is a bigger concern for me between the two (shooting vs defense).

No doubt Cam is better but to pretend he has been playing well or his defense has been even good is just false
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#810 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:15 am

PittsburghSuns wrote:Booker isn’t coming back this series hell he might miss half of round 2 if it’s 3 weeks not 2. Tonight was only a week so he’s still got some time to go can’t even consider him an option for game 6 or game 7. If the injury wasn’t that bad he would have played tonight. He can’t play clearly.

I had my mind made up last week if Booker comes back it'll be in game 3 against the Mavs with series notched up at 1 a piece. We can win one game against Luka & Mavs at home. If we advance game 1 should start on Sunday, 2 on Tuesday, and game 3 on Friday. That will give Booker 16 days rest which is best case scenario in my mind.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#811 » by RunDogGun » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:15 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:His job, like all role players is to have a positive impact on the floor. He did just that. I'm not going to argue he's a good defender but he did his **** job tonight.

Did he? He shot 2-6, and that is the only thing he does well. You can't argue that he is a good defender, because he isn't. Holiday is the better choice. He lucked out playing with the starters.

Everyone has bad shooting games even your favourite guy CamJo, I'm sure you've followed the first 4 games. And again, I didn't say a single thing about his defense. But hey, if you're looking for things to critique in an otherwise solid performance, you'll find it...just like every other player on the team even DA, Mikal and CP3

I'm happy we got the win so if you wanna keep looking for **** to throw on the Shamet dartboard, hey the bucket of **** is in the corner, go for gold mate :olympics:

My favorite? I must have missed when you were bragging about Cam's game, right? Shamet wasn't terrible, but didn't do much to get the minutes, and hasn't this whole series. He has to play on both ends in the playoffs.
PittsburghSuns
Junior

Post#812 » by PittsburghSuns » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:16 am

Cam Johnson still hasn’t recovered from that 3 year thigh bruise. His D has been bad this series and can’t consistently shoot. I do think he made a few strides tonight though we need him to be better to fill in for Book.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#813 » by RunDogGun » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:18 am

bwoolf2 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:

No doubt Cam is better but to pretend he has been playing well or his defense has been even good is just false

Where was I pretending? Dude, stop trying to make up stuff I never said or thought. When Cam has made mistakes, I say something. Look back through the thread. Cam has had to switch and guard everyone on the Pels, he isn't our best defender, but he isn't picked apart. I thought he played better defense than Crowder tonight. For some reason, Crowder looked like he was stuck in the mud when guarding guys on the perimeter. Guys were blowing by him without a screen.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#814 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:20 am

Please stop fighting fellas everytime you argue Shamet & CamJ continue to build houses with all their bricks lately. Just leave it alone and I guarantee next game both will make 3 threes a piece.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,033

Post#815 » by sunsbg » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:20 am

starbosa10 wrote:You'd think we lost considering some of the posts in here. Did everyone play a perfect game? No but we lead the majority of the game, guys started finding their shots to, got the job done, and didn't pick up any injuries.

Just read only every tenth post by RDG and it's not that bad, just like with soap operas you want miss much of what he's saying doing that.
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant

Post#816 » by bwoolf2 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:20 am

RunDogGun wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Where was I pretending? Dude, stop trying to make up stuff I never said or thought. When Cam has made mistakes, I say something. Look back through the thread. Cam has had to switch and guard everyone on the Pels, he isn't our best defender, but he isn't picked apart.

He is absolutely has been picked apart stop it... every time CJ or Ingram get Cam on them they are torching him. He has struggled mightily since the broken leg, i mean thigh bruise.

Cam will play better his shot will start falling no doubt. But the hate around here for some guys Shamet has been ridiculous, he hasn't been great but since the all star break look at his numbers they are solid

Shamet averaged 10.1 points on 7.6 attempts per game with .430/.430/.833 shooting splits. After all star break
PittsburghSuns
Junior

Post#817 » by PittsburghSuns » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:21 am

Shamet has sucked all year for us once again I really don’t get what’s surprising. If we had Book he might not even be playing at all or anything more than a couple mins.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#818 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:21 am

PittsburghSuns wrote:Cam Johnson still hasn’t recovered from that 3 year thigh bruise. His D has been bad this series and can’t consistently shoot. I do think he made a few strides tonight though we need him to be better to fill in for Book.

:lol:
pj0tr
Rookie
And1: 1,312

Post#819 » by pj0tr » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:23 am

I was really impressed with Monty tonight. Tried much more things than I thought he would:

1) Aaron Holiday during Jose Alvarado minutes in bench lineups
2) Bridges primarily guarding BI much more than CJ
3) When BI caught the ball, it was almost an instant double with Bridges/Crowder and DA.
4) Monty went with the double big DA/McGee lineup in spot minutes, and also went with a mobile big Biyombo off the bench to defend more on the perimeter, where McGee struggles.
5) Screens in the backcourt when Alvorado or Herb Jones picked up CP3 full court, with an extra guard at times.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#820 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:23 am

sunsbg wrote:
starbosa10 wrote:You'd think we lost considering some of the posts in here. Did everyone play a perfect game? No but we lead the majority of the game, guys started finding their shots to, got the job done, and didn't pick up any injuries.

Just read only every tenth post by RDG and it's not that bad, just like with soap operas you want miss much of what he's saying doing that.

Spoiler:
love you RunGun ,no hard feelings :)

Return to Phoenix Suns