ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 5 - (8) New Orleans Pelicans @ (1) Phoenix Suns l Tuesday l 7:00pm l TNT l Series tied 2-2

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Predict CamJ point total & Pelicans Off Reb total

6-9 points
3%
10-13 points
17%
14-16 points
6%
17-20 points
11%
21+ points
14%
10-12 Off Reb
17%
13-16 Off Reb
9%
17-21 Off Reb
9%
22-24 Off Reb
6%
25-35 Off Reb
9%

Total votes: 35

RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 5 - (8) New Orleans Pelicans @ (1) Phoenix Suns l Tuesday l 7:00pm l TNT l Series tied 2-2 

Post#862 » by RaisingArizona » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:40 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Book is old school ruthless

Read on Twitter
Read on Twitter
/photo/1
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,491

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 5 - (8) New Orleans Pelicans @ (1) Phoenix Suns l Tuesday l 7:00pm l TNT l Series tied 2-2 

Post#863 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:49 am

IamBBAnalysis wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:Solid, much needed win! Some players still struggling ( Johnson/ Payne/ Shamet) and Ayton even though very solid, didn't really dominate much. Still glad to see the improved effort and energy throughout. NOW.................

We need to go to New Orleans and close this out! Right some of the wrongs from this series and reestablish momentum and dominance going forward into the next series. Great win though!

Those 3 players didn't struggle. I'm confused. They had a little bit up and down games but overall they were positive contributers. Shamet did some good things, Payne brought much needed energy, and Johnson made a few shots.

Eye of the beholder perspective perhaps?
Payne
He did shoot to his season average at 40% FG ( 4-10). But he still missed a bunch of open layups and had numerous empty possessions in the 3rd that helped the Pels make their run. Again, in fairness, he made some shots for sure, but probably gave up as much in wasted possessions to the Pels 3rd quarter run with wasted possessions as he provided in his minutes. Also, he fouled out to quickly due to poor defensive plays/ decisions. Did he improve from before, sure by a slightly small margin and his energy was a plus. But he's still not near to the Payne of last season for us yet either, that Payne shot 48% on his FG and 44% (not his current 33%) from three. So yeah, he's still struggling somewhat.

Johnson
Still struggled throughout the majority of the game with his shooting: 3-8 on his Fg ( 37%) and 8 points in 37 minutes! He normally averages around 12 points in 26 minutes and on 46% FG. So he's under his season average both in production and in FG%, and in playing significantly more minutes than his season average. He also had some minor defensive lapses scattered throughout the game. So yeah, he's struggling somewhat still too!

Shamet
I love his energy and tenacity in this series, But only put up 6 points and three rebounds in 25 minutes. He also shot 2-6 on his FG%. His season average is 9 points on 39% FG in 20 minutes played, So he averaged slightly more minutes but was still under his season average both in terms of production and shooting percentage. So yeah, he's still struggling somewhat. But again his energy and tenacity was a positive.

Again, their improvement was marginal in this game and I do expect them to improve further now. Their slight improvements were definitely a positive to our momentum and energy. But let's not dilude ourselves into thinking they didn't struggle somewhat still and can improve and need to further as well. :D
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,911

Post#864 » by LV-Suns » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:49 am

RaisingArizona wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:Sidery has video of it. Hard to hear. Flex is also doubling down on it for what it's worth.

Flex confirmed that Booker is playing in G6?
In a roundabout way, yeah

"Booker may or may not play Game 6" - Flex
I Dont wanna be here
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#865 » by DirtyDez » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:30 am

RaisingArizona wrote:
Read on Twitter

Everyone a lip reader now. :lol:
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,484

Post#868 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:02 am

LV-Suns wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:
Flex confirmed that Booker is playing in G6?
In a roundabout way, yeah

"Booker may or may not play Game 6" - Flex

Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,379

Post#869 » by Puff » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:29 am

RunDogGun wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:And ofc keep Craig in the doghouse.

Sent from my Redmi 7A using RealGM mobile app

Why? I don't get this. At least he can guard guys. He did nothing wrong to be in a doghouse.

I really can't believe you said that.

He has been our worst player in this series by far. Thank goodness he did not play him tonight.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,484

Post#870 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:05 am

Puff wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:And ofc keep Craig in the doghouse.

Sent from my Redmi 7A using RealGM mobile app

Why? I don't get this. At least he can guard guys. He did nothing wrong to be in a doghouse.

He has been our worst player in this series by far. Thank goodness he did not play him tonight.

Yeah Craig has been atrocious so far in this season. I'd rather see more of Shamet on the floor than Craig if I had to choose between the two. So far in 37 min combined (4 games) Craig has scored 6 points, grabbed 5 boards, 4 assists & 3 steals. I have no idea how he shot 13/13 against both Rockets & Bulls last month.

We missed on opportunities to pick up Eric Gordon, Derick White, Patti Mills and few others available by draft deadline. I was glad we got Craig back buy so far not pleased with his performance. Maybe next round will get better?
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,379

Post#871 » by Puff » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:31 am

Wow

Thank you Mikal.

Crowder, Johnson, Ayton and Paul combined: 2 for 16 12.5% from three. They are due to make some, correct. Hopefully they can find their shot on Thursday.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#872 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:15 am

Won it by stopping Ingram and McCollum that's the simple equation sometimes.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#873 » by kennydorglas » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:20 am

I dont think DB is back for game 6.
But he for sure is playing if there's a game 7.

You know that mamba mentality.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#874 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:25 am

Crowder, Payne, Shamet had 27 points and had some key scoring stretches, they're going to be a barometer for us. At full health Craig might struggle to get back in.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#875 » by NapoleonII » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:19 pm

I doubt we see Booker unless there's a game 7.

But it's always good to throw out false or exaggerated information to throw off the other guys' gameplanning.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#876 » by RunDogGun » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:49 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Puff wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:Why? I don't get this. At least he can guard guys. He did nothing wrong to be in a doghouse.

Yeah Craig has been atrocious so far in this season. I'd rather see more of Shamet on the floor than Craig if I had to choose between the two. So far in 37 min combined (4 games) Craig has scored 6 points, grabbed 5 boards, 4 assists & 3 steals. I have no idea how he shot 13/13 against both Rockets & Bulls last month.

We missed on opportunities to pick up Eric Gordon, Derick White, Patti Mills and few others available by draft deadline. I was glad we got Craig back buy so far not pleased with his performance. Maybe next round will get better?

He barely gets minutes, and not usually long minute stints. How the heck is he or Holiday supposed to get any rhythm when they barely play. Craig comes in to guard BI, that is his job. He doesn't chuck unless Payne throws him the ball with a few seconds left in the clock, and those passes usually suck. Meanwhile guys like Shamet and Payne have been allowed to make tons of mistakes and not get yanked. You might want to mention how many minutes Craig gets and the number of shots he gets before going off on his totals.

Do you guys watch the games? Craig was not our problem in games 1-4. He can't get better if Monty doesn't play him minutes, but gives all of them to guys that don't play good defense like Payne and Shamet have.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#877 » by RunDogGun » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:59 pm

Side note, Craig is shooting 25% from three while Shamet is shooting 23% from three. Craig actually plays defense. Craig isn't the problem. Oh and Shamet gets twice as many minutes as Craig.

Also Payne is 13% from three and Crowder is 9% from three.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#878 » by BobbieL » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:31 pm

Good win last night
built up a strong lead and except for a few moments, of course - they held on

Bridges was fantastic
I like the moves Monty made to use Holiday to help Paul
Payne got going early - you can tell if he starts well, the game just takes off

See what happens Thursday - I don't think Booker plays - not with that video of him walking off the court. I save him for G7 if they can
Suns need to help with Paul against Alvarado - really need somebody to set a Mahorn type pick on him...

See you Thursday at the Blender - why do I think Scott Foster is going to be there
RayLight
Freshman
And1: 154

Post#879 » by RayLight » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:59 pm

This is Monty`s best game for a while. I like that he finally decided to try something different, based on the opponent`s strengths and weaknesses.
Bridges was excellent this game! CP3 is really exhausted from the first 4 games and it would be best for us to win Game 6, Utah to somehow steal Game 6 so that both Booker and CP3 have a couple more days to rehab and get back to the right condition.

I expect Willie to make some adjustments for Game 6 and Monty should really prepare the guys for a war. Let's hope both Cams finally come back to form. Crowder also improved slightly in Game 5. I am optimistic that we will close the series in NOLA with a very close game.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#880 » by BobbieL » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:36 pm

RayLight wrote:This is Monty`s best game for a while. I like that he finally decided to try something different, based on the opponent`s strengths and weaknesses.
Bridges was excellent this game! CP3 is really exhausted from the first 4 games and it would be best for us to win Game 6, Utah to somehow steal Game 6 so that both Booker and CP3 have a couple more days to rehab and get back to the right condition.

I expect Willie to make some adjustments for Game 6 and Monty should really prepare the guys for a war. Let's hope both Cams finally come back to form. Crowder also improved slightly in Game 5. I am optimistic that we will close the series in NOLA with a very close game.

Cam was rolling in the first half until he got this third foul
Crowder got better
Just need to continue to hit 3's

But yes, Utah beating Dallas to force a G7 would be nice. Suns would be off until early next week I believe.

Return to Phoenix Suns