ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 6 - (1) Phoenix Suns @ (8) New Orleans Pelicans l Thursday l 4:30pm l TNT l Suns lead 3-2

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,339

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 6 - (1) Phoenix Suns @ (8) New Orleans Pelicans l Thursday l 4:30pm l TNT l Suns lead 3-2 

Post#662 » by Revived » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:20 am

It really is crazy how a 6’0, not all that athletic person can have the type of success that CP3 has had especially with teams gearing up for him.

His success is just 100% complete skill. Incredible player.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 6 - (1) Phoenix Suns @ (8) New Orleans Pelicans l Thursday l 4:30pm l TNT l Suns lead 3-2 

Post#663 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:32 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:Eh this is easy to say after the fact but every reaction was warranted for how they played in the first half in a closeout game. There was zero energy and they didn’t play with effort and Booker just talked about that in the postgame interview as well so the players saw it too, not just the fans.

Honestly like 75% of our games this year were close, like 10 pts one way or the other and nail biters down the stretch before we had to score all those "clutch" points or nail some free throws, which we uncharacteristically would often miss and still have to pull it out.

That's really been our identity this year....hanging around with teams and pulling away in the 4th, usually the last few minutes.

The two games we lost in this series were by double digits and not close down the stretch and Paul tried to take on too much in every game and had a bad game in game 4 and not great shooting game in game 2. The two close games in this series we pulled out, as usual.

It will obviously get tougher to pull out close games as opponents get tougher, but we are still good at it.

I understand the reactionary nature to game threads and teams and players by a game by game basis. That's just how game threads are. I just think it's funny to watch on your own and then read. I think negativity can breed negativity. I can be nervous and shake my head at a few plays and calls but recognize the little things people do if not trying to keep up with the game thread.

I don't really understand nonstop vitriol every game at the same players though, regardless. But not too many people do that and most just discuss how players really do play in that game.

Yeah every game thread is like that. I visited a couple of the Bucks/Celtics one and they have their own fans saying Tatum isn’t a real star on games where he’s off and Bucks fans always bashing Middleton/Holliday.

Raptors ones are probably the most entertaining though for sure.

In terms of game to game reaction, most of the hatred was towards Crowder/Shamet/Payne who have all 3 been utter garbage this entire series. Shamet/Payne have been bad for the whole season. We have better guys on the bench yet because of “loyalty” alone they aren’t getting minutes which of course is going to piss off some fans.

Crowder’s confidence is at a 0 right now. He dropped perfect passes, air balled wide open 3 when they kept leaving him open, committed really bad fouls, drove erratically. I’m not joking when I saw he was Pelicans arguably 3rd or 4th best player for the series. His play deserves the comments he got. I will say he made for it a bit with drawing fouls on McCollum.

Payne/Shamet are just bad.

I know you didn’t like the Ayton rebounding comments but again he wasn’t good rebounding in the first half. I don’t think anyone did anything but praise his offense and defense otherwise. People aren’t gonna completely kiss his feet all the time.

I don’t think there was any other player that got criticism really except for the Ugly3 of Crowder/Payne/Shamet.

Yeah, the bigger the forum, the worse it is..

Crowder did a lot of little things in many of the games, but his shooting was horrid like last year in the first round before he started shooting 40-50% in some other series or stretches of series, including a few big games. Interestingly, he started 2-22 this year in the playoffs just like last year before he turned it around.

Payne has been disapointing this year but I thought he was good in his minutes last game. Shamet, who apparently was brought in for shooting, rarely shoots, so that doesn't make sense.

But neither played many minutes tonight. Hopefully these guys figure it out if not this year, by next year because I am not sure they will be moved and CP3 isn't getting any younger and there are not a lot of good backup SGs on the market. The contract was a killer.

It was kind of like the Holiday contract we traded for, but without seeing him play at all. I can't imagine we would suddenly give Holiday 4/$43 after the year.

Didn't make sense.

About Ayton, I generally agree he can be better at rebounding much of the time and provide more energy and sometimes back out better, but I also think you can't always expect him to get as many as other Cs who can't switch on the perimeter and just hang out down near the rim on defense. Ayton is all over on defense so he is not going to be in rebounding position nearly as often, so that will almost always impact his #s.

Though I do recognize at times he doesn't seem to put in the effort he could when he is right there.
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#664 » by bwoolf2 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:38 am

Man i am not looking forward to Lukas flopping and crying everytime down the floor, one of my least favorite players to watch in the league

It's like slow motion basketball from the 50s
Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 644

Post#665 » by Hitachi77 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:47 am

I was a little surprised to see Book back, but I am guessing they wanted to get his "rust" game over with as bringing him back for a potential game 7 is very risky. He also must have had very low risk on his hammy, for them to bring him back here.

Best of all worlds for us, got Books comeback game over with and ended the series. Many championship teams have had tough first round matchups / series, like the 2014 Spurs, who we are often compared to. They often credit those types of series for "toughening" them up, so hopefully this series helps us. As for guys struggling, like Jae and Payne, at least pretty much everyone has hit key shots at important moments. I don't think anyone is in a funk that they can't get out of.

Does anyone know when game 1 will be if Dallas closes it out today?
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,153

Post#666 » by Slim Charless » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:51 am

bwoolf2 wrote:Man i am not looking forward to Lukas flopping and crying everytime down the floor, one of my least favorite players to watch in the league

Mikal/Ayton eats his lunch every time we play. I expect an easier series than the one we just had.
Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 644

Post#667 » by Hitachi77 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:52 am

Looks like game 1 is Monday regardless, so 3 full days rest, perfect.
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#668 » by bwoolf2 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:54 am

Slim Charless wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:Man i am not looking forward to Lukas flopping and crying everytime down the floor, one of my least favorite players to watch in the league

Mikal/Ayton eats his lunch every time we play. I expect an easier series than the one we just had.

Should be don't have the size nor defenders to cause the same issues pelicans did.

That was the toughest match-up defensively the suns could have gotten, warriors better offensively but not at that level on d, different challenge
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#669 » by RunDogGun » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:54 am

Luca with as many rebounds as Gobert.

Funny thing, my bass player is a Dallas fan. Practices will be interesting unless Utah starts to figure things out.
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,140

Post#670 » by starbosa10 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:57 am

Should've know the Jazz would blow it lol
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#671 » by Slim Charless » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:58 am

bwoolf2 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Should be don't have the size nor defenders to cause the same issues pelicans did.

That was the toughest match-up defensively the suns could have gotten, warriors better offensively but not at that level on d, different challenge

That was the problem. The Pels had CJ and BI and Mikal can only guard one of them. With this series, he can just focus of making life hell for Luka
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,163

Post#672 » by Frank Lee » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:59 am

Whoever said Crowder confidence is 0 don’t know Chuck Chowder
What ? Me Worry ?
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#673 » by Slim Charless » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:00 am

RunDogGun wrote:Luca with as many rebounds as Gobert.

Funny thing, my bass player is a Dallas fan. Practices will be interesting unless Utah starts to figure things out.

Gobert should start shopping for real estate in the Atlanta area if they lose this. Though I think they should trade Mitchell as he won't be staying in Utah any way
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,140

Post#674 » by starbosa10 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:01 am

These refs letting alot go. Jazz would've had free throws the last 3 possessions if they got the Pels whistle
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#675 » by RunDogGun » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:01 am

Slim Charless wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

That was the problem. The Pels had CJ and BI and Mikal can only guard one of them. With this series, he can just focus of making life hell for Luka

He will have to guard Brunson often, he has really played well for Dallas.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,809

Post#676 » by Saberestar » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:02 am

Hell yes, what a game from CP3 and what a fantastic comeback from Booker!

I mean...CP3 was ridiculous, he is not even fair. Just amazing, he couldn't miss.

Bridges and Crowder did their job limiting Ingram and McCollum. And that 5th foul on McCollum was huge.

Ayton did big damage offensively, you can count on him to score 18-20 efficient points on every game.

It feels so great to end this series, pessimistic people thought that we were done with Book out and tied 2-2...

Now a couple days to enjoy this win. LETSSSSS GO!
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#677 » by RunDogGun » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:04 am

Frank Lee wrote:Whoever said Crowder confidence is 0 don’t know Chuck Chowder

Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#678 » by Slim Charless » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:04 am

RunDogGun wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:

He's smaller. I think CP3 can make him work. Also Booker is trying to do work too.

Mikal better be on Luka
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#679 » by RunDogGun » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:14 am

Slim Charless wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

He's smaller. I think CP3 can make him work. Also Booker is trying to do work too.

Mikal better be on Luka

He is smaller, but very strong. And he was pretty efficient throughout the season. If he gets going we might have to make an adjustment. Plus I am sure Dallas will screen often to get the right matchups for them. Whoever has Payne or Shamet on them will set screens to get Brunson or Luca the easier matchup. Well unless Monty plays Holiday more.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#680 » by Slim Charless » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:18 am

RunDogGun wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:He will have to guard Brunson often, he has really played well for Dallas.

Mikal better be on Luka

He is smaller, but very strong. And he was pretty efficient throughout the season. If he gets going we might have to make an adjustment. Plus I am sure Dallas will screen often to get the right matchups for them. Whoever has Payne or Shamet on them will set screens to get Brunson or Luca the easier matchup. Well unless Monty plays Holiday more.

You're thinking we'll see the same Shamet minutes? That only happened because we had no Book. This series will return status que for us: both Cams and McGee getting major mins. After that it's whatever. Shame won't see more than 9 mins per game I'd bet

Return to Phoenix Suns