ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Round 2 - Semi-Finals - (4) Dallas Mavericks @ (1) Phoenix Suns l Wednesday l 7:00pm l TNT l Suns lead 1-0

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Top 4 best players on both teams will be....

CP3
16%
Finney-Smith
No votes
CamJ
2%
Luka
21%
Bridges
11%
Dinwiddie
1%
Booker
22%
Brunson
2%
Ayton
22%
Kleber
2%

Total votes: 99

Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Round 2 - Semi-Finals - (4) Dallas Mavericks @ (1) Phoenix Suns l Wednesday l 7:00pm l TNT l Suns lead 

Post#401 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu May 5, 2022 5:02 am

Get the best Sun of all-time thread out again, I hope I can move him from top 3 to top 1 in a few weeks time.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,177

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Round 2 - Semi-Finals - (4) Dallas Mavericks @ (1) Phoenix Suns l Wednesday l 7:00pm l TNT l Suns lead 

Post#402 » by MrMiyagi » Thu May 5, 2022 5:04 am

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
CP3 is better than all of those guys. Nash included.

I was thinking about who was the most fun to watch. Of course KJ was my favorite, maybe in part because I was young, and he took over scoring like CP3 did tonight and would sometimes score 40 and would consistently have 10+ assists. He was a lot like Paul in the fact he'd get others going but could take over when needed, and mostly scored 2s, always shooting over 50% every year.

But who would be next most fun to watch? That's tough. Kidd was really fun to watch, but no way can I put him ahead of Nash or Paul. I love Paul. I love his leadership, intangibles and clutch play. I think I'd put Paul ahead of Nash for me for "fun to watch"....but I also think much of the fun of the Nash fun was what D'Antoni created. He wasn't nearly as fun to watch in Dallas before that.

But yes, CP3 overall is the BEST of the bunch. You could argue talent for the others, but when you add in leadership, intangibles, bbiq, etc, CP3 wins hands down.

I say again.

He might (already) be the best player in Suns history. At least the most important

His impact on our young guys is going to persist long after he retires.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#404 » by lilfishi22 » Thu May 5, 2022 5:12 am

This was something some of us wanted the Suns to do in G1. I thought Luka looked shakey defensively in G1 but we didn't attack him as much as I hoped we would. We did exactly that in G2, CP3 hunted the Luka switch like he was a fumbling center from the 90s
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#405 » by bwoolf2 » Thu May 5, 2022 5:18 am

Qwigglez wrote:
Read on Twitter

An amazing statistic and something that should happen from the jump in game 3, he can not stay in front of anyone he has little to no lateral movements defensively
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#406 » by starbosa10 » Thu May 5, 2022 5:19 am

lilfishi22 wrote:This was something some of us wanted the Suns to do in G1. I thought Luka looked shakey defensively in G1 but we didn't attack him as much as I hoped we would. We did exactly that in G2, CP3 hunted the Luka switch like he was a fumbling center from the 90s

Need to keep it up and really go after him. Make him expend extra energy on defense
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,823

Post#407 » by Saberestar » Thu May 5, 2022 5:20 am

Qwigglez wrote:
Read on Twitter

Monty knows that we have a tremendous advantage going into Doncic, they did right doing it much more in the second half.

We can't probably do it since the start of the game because that would allow Kidd to adjust early and avoid to have Doncic in those ball screens. It's gonna be interesting if they adjust for next game.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,359

Post#408 » by AtheJ415 » Thu May 5, 2022 5:21 am

I'm guessing Dallas goes to zone in game 3. I don't think they have any other choice.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#409 » by cberry78 » Thu May 5, 2022 5:24 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
I was thinking about who was the most fun to watch. Of course KJ was my favorite, maybe in part because I was young, and he took over scoring like CP3 did tonight and would sometimes score 40 and would consistently have 10+ assists. He was a lot like Paul in the fact he'd get others going but could take over when needed, and mostly scored 2s, always shooting over 50% every year.

But who would be next most fun to watch? That's tough. Kidd was really fun to watch, but no way can I put him ahead of Nash or Paul. I love Paul. I love his leadership, intangibles and clutch play. I think I'd put Paul ahead of Nash for me for "fun to watch"....but I also think much of the fun of the Nash fun was what D'Antoni created. He wasn't nearly as fun to watch in Dallas before that.

But yes, CP3 overall is the BEST of the bunch. You could argue talent for the others, but when you add in leadership, intangibles, bbiq, etc, CP3 wins hands down.

I say again.

He might (already) be the best player in Suns history. At least the most important

To me, it's 1A and 1B and I give the very slightest of edges to Nash....he and D'Antoni LITERALLY changed the face of basketball with their style of play.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#410 » by cberry78 » Thu May 5, 2022 5:26 am

Thank you Reddit.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#411 » by Saberestar » Thu May 5, 2022 5:27 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I say again.

If we win it all that trade is gonna be seen as the best trade ever for the Suns. It's already looking ridiculous great for us...

Ricky Rubio
Ty Jerome
Jalen Leque
Kelly Oubre

For

CP3
Abdel Nader

James Jones...I LOVE YOU.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#412 » by darealjuice » Thu May 5, 2022 5:28 am

Mavericks need to shoot the **** out of the ball to beat us. They might as well shake it up a bit. Start Dinwiddie over Brunson for some extra size and see if Brunson matches up better against the bench. Start and play Kleber more to try punishing our drop coverage and let Powell deal with McGee. Pack the paint and see if the Suns will beat them shooting 3s. What they're doing so far hasn't worked.

I don't think they have the defensive personnel though. We've been getting whatever we want offensively for the majority of the series regardless of who is on the floor.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#413 » by Saberestar » Thu May 5, 2022 5:28 am

AtheJ415 wrote:I'm guessing Dallas goes to zone in game 3. I don't think they have any other choice.

They need to try it, good call.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,359

Post#414 » by AtheJ415 » Thu May 5, 2022 5:58 am

Saberestar wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:I'm guessing Dallas goes to zone in game 3. I don't think they have any other choice.

They need to try it, good call.

It's the only way to save Luka's legs. Suns can still attack him in the zone just not as easily.

That said, I thought Suns in 5 from the start and would be a bit surprised if it wasn't Suns in 4 (absent a Scott Foster appearance in Dallas).
Hsker4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,263

Post#415 » by Hsker4Life » Thu May 5, 2022 6:20 am

It’s easy to remember to give CP3 a crap ton of credit for that 4th quarter, but don’t forget about Book. He came out in the 3rd in attack mode and secured the lead for us.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#416 » by lilfishi22 » Thu May 5, 2022 6:25 am

Hsker4Life wrote:It’s easy to remember to give CP3 a crap ton of credit for that 4th quarter, but don’t forget about Book. He came out in the 3rd in attack mode and secured the lead for us.

I was just happy he was still hot because he didn't do much in the 2nd after a pretty good first quarter
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Hsker4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,263

Post#417 » by Hsker4Life » Thu May 5, 2022 6:29 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Hsker4Life wrote:It’s easy to remember to give CP3 a crap ton of credit for that 4th quarter, but don’t forget about Book. He came out in the 3rd in attack mode and secured the lead for us.

I was just happy he was still hot because he didn't do much in the 2nd after a pretty good first quarter

True. But with how the refs were officiating especially in that 2nd quarter, it would be pretty hard for a player like Book to get into any kind of rhythm.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,501

Post#418 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu May 5, 2022 6:35 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Amazing how we did overcome that adversity honestly. It was fairly blatant at times that the refs were attempting to swing the momentum of the game to the Mavs. Especially during those continual offensive foul calls and the awarding of the three point shot, even though McGee's foul clearly occurred before the shot was even released. Also the ticky tack foul calls on Ayton as well. I'm glad that we overcame that disparity. But better be expecting the refs to really lay it on heavy in favor of the Mavs in Dallas to try to extend the series ( for greater drama). To win in Dallas we really need to utilize our size advantage, dominate the rebounding, AND have crisp defensive rotations out to their shooters.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,488

Post#420 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu May 5, 2022 6:42 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Incredible accomplishment by our guys. Mavs are no joke on defense ranked 6th in league under Kidd.

Return to Phoenix Suns