ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 5 - Semi-Finals - (4) Dallas Mavericks @ (1) Phoenix Suns l Tuesday l 7:00pm l TNT l Series tied 2-2

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 5 - Semi-Finals - (4) Dallas Mavericks @ (1) Phoenix Suns l Tuesday l 7:00pm l TNT l Series tied 

Post#681 » by bwgood77 » Thu May 12, 2022 4:30 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Still think CP3 was the MVP for us but the last 2 months Booker has moved into the upper echelon and you'd think the 4th best player in his prime would get the Super Max now.

I don't think either finishes 4th without the other around....having both got us the great record. The top 2 guys carried their teams. It will be interesting to see where Book comes out on the offseason rankings.

The GB rankings are pretty interesting too, and I think, fair. Sometimes they overrate recent title winners and underrate someone who lost a series....like Kawhi was #1 after the Raptors won, but dropped big the next year when the Clips lost to the Nuggets and LeBron was near or at the top because the Lakers won it all.

But after things like that, it's pretty fair. I think Book and Paul were 14 and 15 this last year which seemed pretty fair, but Book will probably now be borderline top 10 and Paul may drop a little, could be down to 20. Might depend on how he plays the rest of the playoffs despite his heroics in a couple games in the Pelicans series as well as game 2 in this one. He had a bad game last series and has had 2 bad ones and another not so great one in this series.

Return to Phoenix Suns