ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 5 - Semi-Finals - (4) Dallas Mavericks @ (1) Phoenix Suns l Tuesday l 7:00pm l TNT l Series tied 2-2

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 5 - Semi-Finals - (4) Dallas Mavericks @ (1) Phoenix Suns l Tuesday l 7:00pm l TNT l Series tied 

Post#621 » by RunDogGun » Wed May 11, 2022 6:53 am

Slim Charless wrote:He should've learned his lesson with Ibaka...don't mess with dudes from the Congo. Serge almost took his soul when they mixed it up.

I am just saying any team would get pissed if a team is beating them by 28 with a few seconds left in the game going for an alley-oop dunk.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,175

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 5 - Semi-Finals - (4) Dallas Mavericks @ (1) Phoenix Suns l Tuesday l 7:00pm l TNT l Series tied 

Post#622 » by Slim Charless » Wed May 11, 2022 6:58 am

RunDogGun wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:He kept with the same rotations that lost us Game 3. ShamPayne were just terrible, and we have energy guys wasting away on the bench. Yes the refs sucked, but they always suck. Biz and Holiday should have had big minutes in Game 4, especially after Game 3, where Dallas went more physical. A coach has to know the strengths of his players, even deep bench players. So yes, Monty does get some of the blame for that loss. He also waited too long to call timeouts. Dallas also gets credit for taking advantage of the one sided calls, and hitting their shots. But it was clear that Kidd made his adjustment in Game 3, and Game 4 was Monty's turn to respond to those adjustments. He just didn't.

I mean, that game was just a perfect storm for the Mavs with DFS hitting like 272738283 three pointers and no CP3....and we still won. Now, maybe you're right and more Biz and less CamP would've changed it. Well, hopefully this is the new normal for what Biz gives us as Ayton's main backup.

Also, your guy Shamet wasn't bad in this game btw.

I never sad he was. I just wasn't calling his game "great". For if his game was great, what has Holiday been? Jordan-like? I still don't like how jumpy Shamet is on defense. There was one play where he hopped a full three feet for some reason, and his guy easily went by him. Luckily another Suns was there to cut that guy off. I just haven't seen much to warrant the minutes he has received, and some of it at the three. I would much rather Ish in those situations, and for cripes sakes, no more three guard lineups.

Biz over McGee was a no brainer after watching Dallas destroy Gobert. Holiday over ShamPayne seemed like a no brainer as well after watching the Pel's series, and how both Luka and Brunson like to bang to get space. I hope Craig draining two threes will get him out of the doghouse.

I agree about Craig. I think he's a great option to throw at Luka and I'm disappointed Monty hasn't tried that. They could then shift Mikal to Brunson. Craig has the size and length to give it a shot.

I don't think that this is Holiday's series. The Mavs have attacked CP3 and Aaron is just as small. You really think he's holding up vs Luka on switches?

Provided we can pull this off, I think he can get some run vs the Warriors and their gaggle of guards.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,379

Post#624 » by Puff » Wed May 11, 2022 7:15 am

Great win and I do not like Luka Doncic, because ......................... he is not on our team.

He so superior to Ayton it is unbelievable. His only problem would have been his fit with Booker.

That Said

F Donci - Go Suns
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#625 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed May 11, 2022 8:52 am

Dallas aren't that good, we got surprised for 3 days but if we're any chance to win the championship we need to clinically put them away. The 3rd quarter was a good reminder of what we're capable of and is the blueprint to beat GSW.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,821

Post#626 » by Saberestar » Wed May 11, 2022 10:16 am

For all the people who says that Ayton needs to play tougher around the rim I need to remember them that he played that way in the first possession of the game and was called for a soft offensive foul.

The games nowadays are so soft that no one can play a bit of bully ball in the post or around the paint.

It's allowed to go hard to the rim from the perimeter (Anteto's drives for example) but once the player is around the rim he can't really use elbows, his head or an arm to make contact with his defender...it's an automatic offensive foul.

That's why Jokic (and Ayton) is so great around the rim. He doesn't use any muscle or athletic ability, just his soft touch and size.

I agree about Ayton missing a couple shots tonight because he didn't went straight to the rim, but other than these two plays he played perfectly in the paint against the Mavs. 9/13 shooting.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#627 » by King4Day » Wed May 11, 2022 12:19 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:He should've learned his lesson with Ibaka...don't mess with dudes from the Congo. Serge almost took his soul when they mixed it up.

I am just saying any team would get pissed if a team is beating them by 28 with a few seconds left in the game going for an alley-oop dunk.

I think something happened that led to this. Either that or we're just dealing with bench guys who don't play and want to play.

I understand why Chriss was upset and am surprised the Suns, of all teams, didn't run the clock out when the Mavs basically stopped playing in those final seconds. Fortunately, Chriss didn't do something that could have really hurt Biz
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#628 » by King4Day » Wed May 11, 2022 12:21 pm

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Dallas aren't that good, we got surprised for 3 days but if we're any chance to win the championship we need to clinically put them away. The 3rd quarter was a good reminder of what we're capable of and is the blueprint to beat GSW.

The biggest positives out of series like this one and the Pels one is that we are learning the different things we have to do to win. I'm not sure we would be afforded that luxury had we met the Warriors in round 2.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Hsker4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,263

Post#629 » by Hsker4Life » Wed May 11, 2022 12:50 pm

RunDogGun wrote:

I get it, but it wasn’t an alley-oop dunk. The point guard was being aggressively guarded and passed it to the open man.

But the “we’re mad because you’re beating us by 30 and are still scoring” mantra isn’t exactly a good look either.
handsome salary
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,122

Post#630 » by handsome salary » Wed May 11, 2022 1:11 pm

SkyBill40 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:I now think I know why Monty Williams hasn't played Holiday: He doesn't recognize him after he apparently got a haircut.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Holiday should give Monty his per 36 for the playoffs, and just walk away."The name is Holiday, coach, put me in and I will produce."
I just don't get it. Holiday comes in, provides instant offense, but apparently can't beat out Can Payne who had played atrociously this post season? I don't know what is going on between Williams and Holiday but it clearly needs to stop. Aaron deserves some run and especially when Payne starts playing poorly.

Didn't Monty say his first go around as a head coach was ruined by him thinking he knew everything and not being flexible?
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#631 » by BobbieL » Wed May 11, 2022 1:30 pm

RunDogGun wrote:To be fair to Chriss, we were blowing them out with seconds left in the game, we shouldn't have tried to pile it on. Just dribble it out.

I think Biz would have kicked his arse though.

Yes, probably should have dribbled it out

But its the play-offs - the final 8

I don't care - they should be more mad they were losing by what, 28 at that point and not a final two

thats the problem with these gawd damn rules in sports - its usually when a team is getting its backside kicked that they get all defensive or whatever

doncic is a heckuva talent - but he needs to lose weight and he does come across as a whiny flopper

Reggie Miller sucks and if the Suns play the Warriors - he will be insufferable. Jordan Poole will be Alvarado X 10
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,152

Post#632 » by starbosa10 » Wed May 11, 2022 1:33 pm

handsome salary wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote: Holiday should give Monty his per 36 for the playoffs, and just walk away."The name is Holiday, coach, put me in and I will produce."
I just don't get it. Holiday comes in, provides instant offense, but apparently can't beat out Can Payne who had played atrociously this post season? I don't know what is going on between Williams and Holiday but it clearly needs to stop. Aaron deserves some run and especially when Payne starts playing poorly.

Didn't Monty say his first go around as a head coach was ruined by him thinking he knew everything and not being flexible?

I wouldn't mind giving Holiday some run but Monty did make an adjustment Payne only played 4 minutes and McGee only played 3. Gave those minutes to Shamet and Biz instead
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,380

Post#633 » by sunskerr » Wed May 11, 2022 1:46 pm

Puff wrote:Great win and I do not like Luka Doncic, because ......................... he is not on our team.

He so superior to Ayton it is unbelievable. His only problem would have been his fit with Booker.

That Said

F Donci - Go Suns

To be fair Booker has meshed so well with guys like Rubio and Paul that he'd probably have no issue playing with Doncic.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#634 » by Fo-Real » Wed May 11, 2022 1:52 pm

Jesus_H_Macy wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Anyone good at photo editing? Bridges as one of the Hindu gods with multiple arms would look sweet

Had a guy for that but he is missing and no one explained why?!?! KERRSED!!!!
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#635 » by Fo-Real » Wed May 11, 2022 1:59 pm

SkyBill40 wrote:I now think I know why Monty Williams hasn't played Holiday: He doesn't recognize him after he apparently got a haircut.

Our guards ( Paul and Payne) have been getting isolated and backed down by Doncic and Brunson. Both Paul and Cam are plus defenders but too light in the ass and this is our key defensive liability. They are both BIG GUARDS compared to Holiday. But seeing as how Holiday brings a fireball of energy and Payne and Chris aint stopping anybody anyway, I say give Holiday some run in game 6!!
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#636 » by Fo-Real » Wed May 11, 2022 2:04 pm

Frank Lee wrote:Chowder looked like he was in ‘stinger’ pain…. Else a slight dislocation…had that dead arm hunch over run to the locker room

Yeah, stinger is what my first thought was too. That **** hurts like hell at first. Feels like your arm and shoulder s gonna fall off!
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,182

Post#637 » by Frank Lee » Wed May 11, 2022 2:24 pm

Right now, Holiday is a better option than Payne… and the Sham really hasn’t excelled so much that AH gets nothing but junk minutes. I’d say he’s the better defender of the three. But we know of the Sham love. No way Holiday inks up with us next year, being glued to the bench now having to watch this stankiness from our back up Gs.

Monty can’t quite think out of the box but he does get up to the lid on occasion.

How about a Wainwright sighting in the ThirdQ ??? Monty simultaneously pooping on Craig too?

PS… the key is to keep Book in when CP is out. F Monty’s hockey line mentality
What ? Me Worry ?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Post#638 » by bwgood77 » Wed May 11, 2022 2:34 pm

bwoolf2 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:

Shamet was great and you can't compare mop up duty minutes to minutes when starters and the game is on the line. Holiday should play over payne we should not see him again, but anything but saying shamet had a big impact and earned his minutes tonight is out if pocket

He wasn't great. He made two shots. He wasn't horrible either, but lets not pretend he was the difference maker. He still ran around like a chicken with his head cut off. Moreover, his play coming into this game still didn't warrant him being the first guard off the bench. And sure I can compare guys getting minutes in a playoff game. Holiday plays tough no matter when he gets the call, saying he doesn't would be wrong.

Our conversations are pointless lets just agree not to quote one another so we can avoid them.

Yeah, Shamet has been fine defensively, with a lot of energy, hit a 3, pentrating once for an assist to Crowder on a 3, had 4 assists in 19 minutes with 0 turnovers. Not much to complain about from me. Hope he keeps shooting more and gets in a rhythmn.

I don't think extrapolating 4 minutes of Holiday garbage time against Trey Burke will mean much. I use per 36 but certainly don't rely on it based on 4 minutes.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#639 » by bwgood77 » Wed May 11, 2022 2:36 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I liked his energy.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#640 » by bwgood77 » Wed May 11, 2022 2:38 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
cberry78 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:He had a rough game, but hope he heals quickly. We will need him if we advance.

He ditched his alter ego in this series. Shot poorly tonight, but didn't go 2-11, so yeah, he is improving, and deserves props. It is not his fault Monty wasted his best games of the playoffs. :wink:

As did Cam again (ditching alter ego), at least with his non 3 pt shooting. Didn't do too much outside of a couple steals, but played decent defense on Luka.

Return to Phoenix Suns