ImageImageImage

2024 Dynasty - MOTY Voting (do not vote for yourself, ends May 12)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who is the manager of the year? Do not vote for yourself (If you are not in the league do not vote)

Bigfoot(Bigfoot ballers) - 1st place finish, Divincenzo and Vince Williams Jr. off the waiver, drafting Draymond and Conley in FA
43%
Qwigglez - 2nd place finish, missed Joel Embiid for over half the year
29%
Dmastro32 (dbookinurmouth) - 3rd place finish, Grayson Allen off waivers, drafting Deni Avdija in FA.
29%

Total votes: 7

Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Re: 2022-23 Dynasty Season Draft Lottery Results Incoming 

Post#601 » by Kyler Murray » Thu May 18, 2023 7:39 pm

sunskerr wrote:2023 season standings: https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/34546?pspid=782202516&activity=league

Draft Lottery 2023 Results

16. Sunskerr - of course... :lol:
15. Golanator
14. Qwigglez - Champion moved up two spots
13. DesertFox
12. Wordsenuff
11. bwgood77 - team with the best fantasy player will look to add a key FA
10. Dmastro32
9. KylerMurray
8. Stix
7. Bigfoot
6. Wheezy
5. 8on

Spoiler:
WeekapaugGroove, who falls one spot from 3rd to 4th. Miyagi has moved up!
Spoiler:
SlimCharless - falls one spot! It's Miyagi or Terovibe.
Spoiler:
MrMiyagi, which means the first pick will be made by...
Spoiler:
Terovibe. Congratulations!

And there is big news for the league: We will (edit: possibly) be moving to a separate rookie draft in the year 2024 offseason! Nothing will be affected this offseason, but the picks you get for next years (2024) draft may be for a two round rookie draft. The kinks are still being worked on, so withhold trading 2024 picks this year until we've got everything down, which will be finished around draft time in October this year. Repeat: Do not trade 2024 draft picks until the draft. So this will be the last year of a combined FA draft.

I felt like I sucked much harder than getting the 9th pick and then I saw I actually finished 8th, wth did you guys have like 80 games minus played :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,365

Re: 2022-23 Dynasty Season Draft Lottery Results Incoming 

Post#602 » by bwgood77 » Thu May 18, 2023 9:14 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:
sunskerr wrote:2023 season standings: https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/34546?pspid=782202516&activity=league

Draft Lottery 2023 Results

16. Sunskerr - of course... :lol:
15. Golanator
14. Qwigglez - Champion moved up two spots
13. DesertFox
12. Wordsenuff
11. bwgood77 - team with the best fantasy player will look to add a key FA
10. Dmastro32
9. KylerMurray
8. Stix
7. Bigfoot
6. Wheezy
5. 8on

Spoiler:
WeekapaugGroove, who falls one spot from 3rd to 4th. Miyagi has moved up!
Spoiler:
SlimCharless - falls one spot! It's Miyagi or Terovibe.
Spoiler:
MrMiyagi, which means the first pick will be made by...
Spoiler:
Terovibe. Congratulations!

And there is big news for the league: We will (edit: possibly) be moving to a separate rookie draft in the year 2024 offseason! Nothing will be affected this offseason, but the picks you get for next years (2024) draft may be for a two round rookie draft. The kinks are still being worked on, so withhold trading 2024 picks this year until we've got everything down, which will be finished around draft time in October this year. Repeat: Do not trade 2024 draft picks until the draft. So this will be the last year of a combined FA draft.

That was me. I was SO busy this year, and didn't check, though I had set my roster and left it with my best players to start with not good players sitting, but I figured I was not going to do well at all, having not checked, and then I checked, and somehow ended up 6th.

I felt like I sucked much harder than getting the 9th pick and then I saw I actually finished 8th, wth did you guys have like 80 games minus played :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: 2022-23 Dynasty Draft Lottery Results Are IN! and news on p30 

Post#603 » by bwgood77 » Thu May 18, 2023 9:18 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:#3 pick is up for grabs to whomever wants it. LMK....

I might be interested, though I don't know how much you are asking for.

Well I won't ask you for Joker, but I do feel like it's a 3 player draft and there's a considerable drop off after that....

Well I wouldn't trade my top 3 guys, but would consider a package of others.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,340

Post#604 » by sunskerr » Thu May 18, 2023 11:31 pm

Terovibe wrote:You can call me Gregg from now on.
Je suis, Gregg Popovic.
Really glad for than pick :D

Very happy for you to getting that #1 pick!! Looks like a generational guy you'll be getting in Wemby.

As a thought experiment, who is the worst player you would take for the #1 pick? I was thinking maybe the most valuable players in the game are Jokic, SGA, and Doncic maybe in that order. I can't see Embiid with his history being able to get the #1 pick, and Tatum strikes me as just not quite enough.

So the #1 pick this year is probably worth the most valuable players in the game. Of course I'd like to hear what other managers think, too.

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:#3 pick is up for grabs to whomever wants it. LMK....

Well I won't ask you for Joker, but I do feel like it's a 3 player draft and there's a considerable drop off after that....

Hit me up for the #3 pick you know my team is a treasure chest, although I will probably be waiting on Portland to see what they do with Simons.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#605 » by Desertfox » Fri May 19, 2023 4:18 am

I got a **** ton of players Im willing to trade, so make me offers. Basically anyone not named Tatum can be had, and even Tatum can be had for the right offer.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#606 » by bwgood77 » Fri May 19, 2023 10:18 pm

sunskerr wrote:
Terovibe wrote:You can call me Gregg from now on.
Je suis, Gregg Popovic.
Really glad for than pick :D

Very happy for you to getting that #1 pick!! Looks like a generational guy you'll be getting in Wemby.

As a thought experiment, who is the worst player you would take for the #1 pick? I was thinking maybe the most valuable players in the game are Jokic, SGA, and Doncic maybe in that order. I can't see Embiid with his history being able to get the #1 pick, and Tatum strikes me as just not quite enough.

So the #1 pick this year is probably worth the most valuable players in the game. Of course I'd like to hear what other managers think, too.

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Hit me up for the #3 pick you know my team is a treasure chest, although I will probably be waiting on Portland to see what they do with Simons.

I wouldn't trade Jokic for him. I think after the top 4-5 depends on the manager. It is crazy hashtag ranks Haliburton #5, but if you look across the board, especially in a non turnover league, he doesn't really have a weakness at all.

I'd probably trade Tatum for him before I'd trade Tyrese or SGA. Luka hurts free throws, but he is so darn good everywhere else in a non turnover league.

The thing is, Wemby is still kind of an unknown. It would depend on whether you were rebuilding or not and if you really needed a shot blocker and already had another guard.

I'm sure everyone would say you'd definitely trade Haliburton for him, but if you really look at the #s, I don't know that it is super clear cut.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#607 » by sunskerr » Sat May 20, 2023 12:41 am

bwgood77 wrote:I wouldn't trade Jokic for him. I think after the top 4-5 depends on the manager. It is crazy hashtag ranks Haliburton #5, but if you look across the board, especially in a non turnover league, he doesn't really have a weakness at all.

I'd probably trade Tatum for him before I'd trade Tyrese or SGA. Luka hurts free throws, but he is so darn good everywhere else in a non turnover league.

The thing is, Wemby is still kind of an unknown. It would depend on whether you were rebuilding or not and if you really needed a shot blocker and already had another guard.

I'm sure everyone would say you'd definitely trade Haliburton for him, but if you really look at the #s, I don't know that it is super clear cut.

I'd trade Hali for him. Just listening to what other fantasy heads say about his Dynasty prospects (he's really, really good obviously) and a lot of them rank LaMelo over Hali for the shot creation potential and rebounding, and I wouldn't trade Wemby for LaMelo, although its pretty close.

Wemby just has that #1 player potential. Hali is like top 10 which is amazing, but often season by season, the likelihood of having a top 1, or 2, or 3ish players has traditionally been far more scarce than a guy who is ranked ~6-10 and there is sometimes significant value discrepancy between the 5th, 6th, 7th etc. ranked players themselves, with a more likelihood of a significant discrepancy appearing as you approach rank 1.

I probably wouldn't be expanding the discussion to top 5 because of that, either.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#608 » by Slim Charless » Sat May 20, 2023 1:04 am

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I wouldn't trade Jokic for him. I think after the top 4-5 depends on the manager. It is crazy hashtag ranks Haliburton #5, but if you look across the board, especially in a non turnover league, he doesn't really have a weakness at all.

I'd trade Hali for him. Just listening to what other fantasy heads say about his Dynasty prospects (he's really, really good obviously) and a lot of them rank LaMelo over Hali for the shot creation potential and rebounding, and I wouldn't trade Wemby for LaMelo, although its pretty close.

Wemby just has that #1 player potential. Hali is like top 10 which is amazing, but often season by season, the likelihood of having a top 1, or 2, or 3ish players has traditionally been far more scarce than a guy who is ranked ~6-10 and there is sometimes significant value discrepancy between the 5th, 6th, 7th etc. ranked players themselves, with a more likelihood of a significant discrepancy appearing as you approach rank 1.

I probably wouldn't be expanding the discussion to top 5 because of that, either.

Luka and Joker. That's it. That's the only guys I'd trade Wemby for. Including Giannis in there.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#609 » by sunskerr » Sat May 20, 2023 1:34 am

Slim Charless wrote:Luka and Joker. That's it. That's the only guys I'd trade Wemby for. Including Giannis in there.

As an SGA owner have SGA over Luka. Right now SGA just had a season way better than anything Luka has had. I also have LaMelo, Tatum, and Haliburton and a few more as more value than Giannis.

Giannis is just so team dependent, particularly in roto you have to absolutely NAIL that FT%. Of course if you do you will almost surely win the league, but that hasn't happened yet and we don't even know if it is possible. Closest was 2019 where Qwigglez finished 3rd. However Giannis is so athleticism dependent I think in a few years, maybe 2-3, you will start to see that impact drop as he begins to rest more, so it will definitely not be possible unless the team is absolutely stacked (in which this case you will win every other category and be at the bottom in FT%).

I think Wemby just has to be in that top 3 group by default. From there it's whether or not you want to compete that determines if you trade him or not. But his potential + youth is just ridiculous at any rate.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#610 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 20, 2023 3:28 am

sunskerr wrote:

I definitely prefer Hali to LaMelo. 49% to 41% FG%, still shoots a lot of 3s, more assists, more steals,etc. LaMelo gets more boards and 3s but I care less about those than stuff like FG%, ast and steals.

Then of course, maybe more important than anything, availability.

I will have to see about Wemby. This year in the French league he was at 21, 10, 3 blk, 2 ast. Shot 47% from the field and 27% from 3.

Of course he will get better as he is older, but obviously those %s need to get better. His key contribution early will be as shot blocker. The good thing is he's a good 3pt shooter.

I am generally way more wary of rookies than others as the year go by for fantasy though. I'd always rather have a sure thing than an unknown. Now I know Victor is about as sure thing as there is for a draftee but for fantasy, exactly where does he rank. You really give up a top 5 fantasy guy for him? Even in the chance he does rank higher, how much higher?

But that one is close for me and I know I'm probably the only one that would give a Hali for Wemby trade pause.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#611 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 20, 2023 3:37 am

sunskerr wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:Luka and Joker. That's it. That's the only guys I'd trade Wemby for. Including Giannis in there.

As an SGA owner have SGA over Luka. Right now SGA just had a season way better than anything Luka has had. I also have LaMelo, Tatum, and Haliburton and a few more as more value than Giannis.

Giannis is just so team dependent, particularly in roto you have to absolutely NAIL that FT%. Of course if you do you will almost surely win the league, but that hasn't happened yet and we don't even know if it is possible. Closest was 2019 where Qwigglez finished 3rd. However Giannis is so athleticism dependent I think in a few years, maybe 2-3, you will start to see that impact drop as he begins to rest more, so it will definitely not be possible unless the team is absolutely stacked (in which this case you will win every other category and be at the bottom in FT%).

I think Wemby just has to be in that top 3 group by default. From there it's whether or not you want to compete that determines if you trade him or not. But his potential + youth is just ridiculous at any rate.

I didn't even realize you had SGA, Hali AND LaMelo. Damn. Well in your case, I'd trade any of those guys or Tatum for Wemby without a doubt, especially LaMelo or Tatum.

I do prefer SGA to Hali, but if I only had one of those guys, I wouldn't trade him for Wemby, but having both, ESPECIALLY with LaMelo, I would trade either for him.

By mentioning Hali, that is kind of my cutoff. I actually prefer SGA and Hali to Luka, because of FT%. But those 4 are probably the only 4 I would definitly keep ahead of him (depending on who else I had..like in your case I would trade one of SGA or Hali). Some seem very hard...like Giannis but the free throws hurt, lack of 3s, etc.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#612 » by sunskerr » Sat May 20, 2023 6:22 am

bwgood77 wrote:I didn't even realize you had SGA, Hali AND LaMelo. Damn. Well in your case, I'd trade any of those guys or Tatum for Wemby without a doubt, especially LaMelo or Tatum.

I do prefer SGA to Hali, but if I only had one of those guys, I wouldn't trade him for Wemby, but having both, ESPECIALLY with LaMelo, I would trade either for him.

By mentioning Hali, that is kind of my cutoff. I actually prefer SGA and Hali to Luka, because of FT%. But those 4 are probably the only 4 I would definitly keep ahead of him (depending on who else I had..like in your case I would trade one of SGA or Hali). Some seem very hard...like Giannis but the free throws hurt, lack of 3s, etc.

SGA, Hali, LaMelo I have more value than Giannis. But Hali/Lamelo not valued more than Wemby. Basically I have Wemby in a new top 4 i.e. Jokic/SGA/Doncic/Wemby and only one of those first 3 could possibly net Wemby (if I had Wemby). LaMelo would be maybe my 5th or 6th most valuable guy (either him or Tatum). If I have Wemby I'm not trading him for anyone that isn't those top 3.

Jokic/SGA/Doncic
-------(below this line cannot get Wemby)--------
LaMelo
Tatum
Hali
--------------
Giannis and other players (JJJ etc)

And if I'm being honest I might bump Luka down to the top of the LaMelo tier because of FT% and stocks. So if I had Wemby I might only do it for Jokic and SGA. BUT SGA only has 1 season (even though its way better than any of Doncic's), so this could change next year and its only Jokic :lol:

If I had Wemby I would not give him up for a top 5 (i.e. look at that list, LaMelo/Tatum) player and only for a top 3 (top 2?) guy, i.e. why we can't talk about a top 5, and instead its only worth discussing top 3.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#613 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 20, 2023 7:56 pm

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I didn't even realize you had SGA, Hali AND LaMelo. Damn. Well in your case, I'd trade any of those guys or Tatum for Wemby without a doubt, especially LaMelo or Tatum.

SGA, Hali, LaMelo I have more value than Giannis. But Hali/Lamelo not valued more than Wemby. Basically I have Wemby in a new top 4 i.e. Jokic/SGA/Doncic/Wemby and only one of those first 3 could possibly net Wemby (if I had Wemby). LaMelo would be maybe my 5th or 6th most valuable guy (either him or Tatum). If I have Wemby I'm not trading him for anyone that isn't those top 3.

Jokic/SGA/Doncic
-------(below this line cannot get Wemby)--------
LaMelo
Tatum
Hali
--------------
Giannis and other players (JJJ etc)

And if I'm being honest I might bump Luka down to the top of the LaMelo tier because of FT% and stocks. So if I had Wemby I might only do it for Jokic and SGA. BUT SGA only has 1 season (even though its way better than any of Doncic's), so this could change next year and its only Jokic :lol:

If I had Wemby I would not give him up for a top 5 (i.e. look at that list, LaMelo/Tatum) player and only for a top 3 (top 2?) guy, i.e. why we can't talk about a top 5, and instead its only worth discussing top 3.

Sounds like the only difference you and I have from me is Haliburton. So my cutoff is a tad lower, but I'd still be a little hesitant for a couple others maybe (not Lamelo because of availability)...but the others all have flaws. I agree about Luka that he has problems, but still hard to put an unknown Wemby (is it just pts/reb/blocks/free throws?). Will he be a great rebounder and score a lot? Will he avg 3 ast or 5? Will he stay healthy?

Ant could eventually get there too.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#614 » by sunskerr » Sun May 21, 2023 12:00 am

bwgood77 wrote:Sounds like the only difference you and I have from me is Haliburton. So my cutoff is a tad lower, but I'd still be a little hesitant for a couple others maybe (not Lamelo because of availability)...but the others all have flaws. I agree about Luka that he has problems, but still hard to put an unknown Wemby (is it just pts/reb/blocks/free throws?). Will he be a great rebounder and score a lot? Will he avg 3 ast or 5? Will he stay healthy?

Forgot about Ant, you can put him right there with Haliburton, above the Giannis tier. Also just remembered Ja Morant and he might be there, too. But I'd lean towards him being in the Giannis tier right now.

Yeah the height is a concern with Wembanyama in terms of injuries. There's so many guys his size who just fell to injuries that you have to hope the athletic training is good enough. Here's a look at some of what he does to maintain his health

it's very interesting that its geared towards strengthening his joints with mobility work which is imo a good sign with all the advancements made in this type of athletic training protocol recently. They're not just saying "ok get you a nice squat number" like how it used to be, and then praying he stays healthy.

I assume it will be like this until he stops growing and then they will let him slowly add muscle.

This sort of gives me confidence in Wemby going forward. If he gets a Chet or Zion sort of injury where they're nursing him an entire year then I'd knock him down a tier or two. But I think it's encouraging to see that the primary focus of his workouts is based on prevention and longevity and that he's healthy right now.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#615 » by bwgood77 » Sun May 21, 2023 12:03 am

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Sounds like the only difference you and I have from me is Haliburton. So my cutoff is a tad lower, but I'd still be a little hesitant for a couple others maybe (not Lamelo because of availability)...but the others all have flaws. I agree about Luka that he has problems, but still hard to put an unknown Wemby (is it just pts/reb/blocks/free throws?). Will he be a great rebounder and score a lot? Will he avg 3 ast or 5? Will he stay healthy?

Forgot about Ant, you can put him right there with Haliburton, above the Giannis tier. Also just remembered Ja Morant and he might be there, too. But I'd lean towards him being in the Giannis tier right now.

Yeah the height is a concern with Wembanyama in terms of injuries. There's so many guys his size who just fell to injuries that you have to hope the athletic training is good enough. Here's a look at some of what he does to maintain his health

it's very interesting that its geared towards strengthening his joints with mobility work which is imo a good sign with all the advancements made in this type of athletic training protocol recently. They're not just saying "ok get you a nice squat number" like how it used to be, and then praying he stays healthy.

I assume it will be like this until he stops growing and then they will let him slowly add muscle.

This sort of gives me confidence in Wemby going forward. If he gets a Chet or Zion sort of injury where they're nursing him an entire year then I'd knock him down a tier or two. But I think it's encouraging to see that the primary focus of his workouts is based on prevention and longevity and that he's healthy right now.

So we are talking dynasty rankings. I wonder where he would be placed in a redraft league ranking? I'm sure someone would take him higher than maybe they should, though "should" is tough to know since he could dominate early or take a season to really get going.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#616 » by sunskerr » Sun May 21, 2023 12:15 am

bwgood77 wrote:So we are talking dynasty rankings. I wonder where he would be placed in a redraft league ranking? I'm sure someone would take him higher than maybe they should, though "should" is tough to know since he could dominate early or take a season to really get going.

I've been so disconnected unfortunately from redraft leagues...Dynasty NBA scouting is just so addicting. Off the top of my head...maybe 3rd round? Late 3rd? How does that sound? Early 4th? In redrafts I almost ALWAYS avoid rookies anyway.

Have to think there isn't really anything to play for this year, so it will be primarily for Wemby's development, so they will reduce his games played to reduce injury probability. Then they can also secure another high pick to pair him with in 2024.

Also I was thinking his ball handling/shot creation right now he will not be a primary offensive initiator, and the 3 ball, whilst the potential is there, probably won't be a finished product (so like ~1.0 3PG probably. 0.8?). I think in ~2-3 years he will really start to take over the offensive schemes for San Antonio as his skills polish.

Looking at Evan Mobley who averaged 15/8 with 1.7 blk and 0.3 3PG his rookie year and finished about 7th round value. Wemby will probably eclipse the points pretty easily, maybe even the rebounds and blocks. Surely he will eclipse 0.3 3PG.

If you follow the locked on fantasy basketball youtube link on the first page, there's A LOT of good discussion about him and other rookies going on daily by Josh Lloyd. Really incredible content he's putting out for free. Maybe he has a video on Wemby's redraft league potential.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#617 » by bwgood77 » Sun May 21, 2023 12:20 am

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:So we are talking dynasty rankings. I wonder where he would be placed in a redraft league ranking? I'm sure someone would take him higher than maybe they should, though "should" is tough to know since he could dominate early or take a season to really get going.

I've been so disconnected unfortunately from redraft leagues...Dynasty NBA scouting is just so addicting. Off the top of my head...maybe 3rd round? Late 3rd? How does that sound? Early 4th? In redrafts I almost ALWAYS avoid rookies anyway.

Have to think there isn't really anything to play for this year, so it will be primarily for Wemby's development, so they will reduce his games played to reduce injury probability. Then they can also secure another high pick to pair him with in 2024.

Also I was thinking his ball handling/shot creation right now he will not be a primary offensive initiator, and the 3 ball, whilst the potential is there, probably won't be a finished product (so like ~1.0 3PG probably. 0.8?). I think in ~2-3 years he will really start to take over the offensive schemes for San Antonio as his skills polish.

Looking at Evan Mobley who averaged 15/8 with 1.7 blk and 0.3 3PG his rookie year and finished about 7th round value. Wemby will probably eclipse the points pretty easily, maybe even the rebounds and blocks. Surely he will eclipse 0.3 3PG.

If you follow the locked on fantasy basketball youtube link on the first page, there's A LOT of good discussion about him and other rookies going on daily by Josh Lloyd. Really incredible content he's putting out for free. Maybe he has a video on Wemby's redraft league potential.

I don't have the time to spend too much on videos or podcasts but just look at rankings a few days before drafts and study the #s, games played, etc.

Kind of like reading GoK's posts. I just simply don't have the time. Or if I did, just gotta draw the line somewhere on how much time I want to spend on something.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#618 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun May 21, 2023 6:28 pm

Wrong thread.

But while I'm here I'm always down to trade
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#619 » by Golanator » Tue May 23, 2023 5:35 am

I check in after a few days away and you guys are trying to trade my franchise piece Hali, lol.

15th pick, meh. It is what it is.

I wouldn’t be opposing to moving Rudy Gobert if anyone needs blocks. Hit me up.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#620 » by Golanator » Tue May 23, 2023 5:37 am

Current keepers

Lillard
Haliburton
Herro
Bridges
Claxton
Kessler