Re: KD to the Suns 

Post#661 » by RaisingArizona » Fri May 12, 2023 4:59 am

Miyagi coming for everyone.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,170

Post#662 » by MrMiyagi » Fri May 12, 2023 5:00 am

sashaturiaf wrote:4 unprotected picks and a swap is a lot, but Suns have just paid the price for a legit 3 season championship window. Helps immeasurably that the Western conference is so wide open. If the Suns make 2 finals and win a title during the window nobodies going to be upset about losing a 2029 first rounder.

Success also breeds more success. The franchise under Ishbia will also gain a lot more prestige which will be a factor in future trades and free agency. Suns have just become a legit destination now for ring chasers and buyout guys.
I'm not sure I can handle all the success we're about to breed!
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
MrMiyagi

Post#663 » by MrMiyagi » Fri May 12, 2023 5:02 am

GTR11 wrote:Let me clear it up.

Fuc* y'all PHX fans.

I will cheer for KD to win another ring because he is a true pro. You guys just got great talent.

Also, CP3 deserves a rung as well. So I'll be cheering for PHX to win it all big time.

Smoke Saltics for me and rest of EC. Give them hell. Those clowns thought it would be easy this year with GSW being mediocre.
We sure showed them!
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
MrMiyagi

Post#664 » by MrMiyagi » Fri May 12, 2023 5:03 am

Maf wrote:Wow you guys... I am totally shocked by your reactions to this trade. Like every fan of the teams that might be thinking "this could be our year, we could have a shot" are now thinking "how the hell we could beat THAT!"

Yet you are complaining about losing your favourite role players? Sorry, didn´t come here to start any fights but like noone ever thought "oh, we are playing the Suns, I am afraid what Bridges can do to us."

I tried to express my shock that rest of the league is scared **** by your team right now and yet you are unhappy.
So scared!
MrMiyagi

Post#665 » by MrMiyagi » Fri May 12, 2023 5:03 am

Tha King wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Maf wrote:Thanks for reply. Still, I declare that this original core of yours really doesn´t scare you (as opponent´s fan). I mean it like oh, that´s good team, gotta be tough series. But right now it´s "if they are healthy how could we beat them?"

I mean this old and broken KD still gives you 30 a night and I think in healthier enviroment than Brooklyn was he won´t miss that many games- CP the last game I saw him was against us in christmas game and while he missed some easy shots and lots of FT he still had I believe 16 as, 0 To. They still are **** ballers.

So.. I just think you should be excited right now.

People are excited for this year IF 3 guys who have been injured for long parts of the year are healthy. CP3 looked done earlier. He has looked better lately. DBook hasn't been playing particularly well since a few games before his injury outside of one monster game. KD I know was having a monster year, and all of them together with Ayton will make everyone's game easier, I just don't know if they will stay healthy, and 2 of the main 3 are very old. The Nets won one playoff series and they were a lot younger.

I think the Suns have a good shot this year but they are one of 5-7 teams in the west that have a shot. They probably have the beset shot, but 4-5 other teams could likely beat them with a healthy team and solid series, particularly if one of the Suns main guys is out due to injury. Look what has happened to the Clips and Lakers the last few years. After those trades pairing up stars no one thought they could compete with those teams. And the old Suns team that you are knocking from 2 years ago did, because they were banged up. We could be what they were then. Bridges never missed a game and just took a leap offensively. IF KD is done in a couple of years (and CP3 WILL be), the Suns will have lost two young core pieces and 5 unprotected picks. That's a lot.

This is very similar to when the Nets traded for the older KG and Pierce to add to older Deron Williams PG (ironic he was in the same draft class as Paul and that feels like ages ago) and younger all stars Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez.

That ended up not turning out so well for the Nets and Boston got Tatum and Brown from that trade.

I am a Nets fan so I'd like for this to be true but I don't think so.

Yes, availability is a question but you have a well structured team with reliable stars as a supporting cast which should better help get through regular seasons.

KD was putting up an MVP type season on the team this year playing some of the highest minutes in the league before getting hurt. 30ppg on a ridiculous near 70% TS while playing elite defense and carrying the team in that regard alongside Claxton. I doubt Booker will ever have a season even comparable to the one Durant has had so far and that's basically what he's been on the Nets, day one. I actually think he can have even more impact playing next to Paul who can create easier looks for him and reduce his playmaking burden (and turnovers).
So glad we have such a great structure!
MrMiyagi

Post#666 » by MrMiyagi » Fri May 12, 2023 5:04 am

OneZilion wrote:This is crazy how much underestimating to KD…

Have you guys watched at all how was he playing this season? How efficient he score 30 in a sleap, how he elevates others on the team and how good defence he was playing? Nets won 18 of 20 games before he got injured..

Mikal and Cam are nice players, but God Lord!?!?

Do you know who he is?
We just saw who he is! AMAZING!
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,817

Post#667 » by Saberestar » Fri May 12, 2023 5:07 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
Saberestar wrote:I love the trade.

I voted B in the poll because we gave up too many unprotected picks. One less would have been nice...
L is for Losing, O is for overpay, V is for vomit, and E is for eye-bleeds.

:lol:

Tough loss tonight and this season is over but I prefer much more to have KD on the team over Mikal + Cam J and those late picks.

We need to retool our roster around KD and Book.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,038

Post#668 » by sunsbg » Fri May 12, 2023 5:23 am

Saberestar wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:
Saberestar wrote:I love the trade.

I voted B in the poll because we gave up too many unprotected picks. One less would have been nice...
L is for Losing, O is for overpay, V is for vomit, and E is for eye-bleeds.

Tough loss tonight and this season is over but I prefer much more to have KD on the team over Mikal + Cam J and those late picks.

Easier said than done with those two costing 100M. At that price at least one would expect they don't get embarrassed and get blown out in a deciding game.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,817

Post#669 » by Saberestar » Fri May 12, 2023 5:29 am

sunsbg wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:L is for Losing, O is for overpay, V is for vomit, and E is for eye-bleeds.

Easier said than done with those two costing 100M. At that price at least one would expect they don't get embarrassed and get blown out in a deciding game.

They worth every dollar and most teams with 2 stars are dealing with that. Ishbia needs to pay the luxury tax next year.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#670 » by sashaturiaf » Fri May 12, 2023 5:30 am

I know it's venting time but this loss and this season isn't on Durant. He had 10 games to gel with the team on what is a very flawed roster in the first place, then the CP3 injury happened along with Ayton giving up. This season wasn't ending any other way but elimination.

A title run this year was only going to happen if everything went right and it didn't. Now the real work begins, with a full offseason and title hopes we have to build a much better and deeper roster than we had this year.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#671 » by lilfishi22 » Fri May 12, 2023 5:52 am

sashaturiaf wrote:I know it's venting time but this loss and this season isn't on Durant. He had 10 games to gel with the team on what is a very flawed roster in the first place, then the CP3 injury happened along with Ayton giving up. This season wasn't ending any other way but elimination.

A title run this year was only going to happen if everything went right and it didn't. Now the real work begins, with a full offseason and title hopes we have to build a much better and deeper roster than we had this year.

It's not on him, clearly but people like to point fingers and obviously those who thought we overpaid will bring it up again and again and again and again
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#672 » by sunsbg » Fri May 12, 2023 5:54 am

sashaturiaf wrote:I know it's venting time but this loss and this season isn't on Durant. He had 10 games to gel with the team on what is a very flawed roster in the first place, then the CP3 injury happened along with Ayton giving up. This season wasn't ending any other way but elimination.

Surely KD has to get some blame for shooting terribly in a lot of playoff games the past two years. He's not getting younger and better. Hopefully Suns find a coach who can build a system which will work. This ISO BS around Durant is certainly not.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#673 » by sunsbg » Fri May 12, 2023 5:56 am

lilfishi22 wrote:

It's not on him, clearly but people like to point fingers and obviously those who thought we overpaid will bring it up again and again and again and again

Even Saberestar thinks Suns overpaid. That says a lot.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#674 » by sashaturiaf » Fri May 12, 2023 6:00 am

sunsbg wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

I don't think the Suns did, a superstar is the hardest thing to find in the game and if you need to pay over the odds to acquire one you still do it, especially when you already have a gem in Booker.

If you think we're down in the dumps now with no way out, just remember where the Lakers were a year ago when they couldn't even make the playoffs. But like us they had bad luck with injuries and made questionable personnel decisions. However they retooled in half a season and look at them now, that's all because they have Lebron and AD.

Book will still be Book, KD will still be KD. We just have to surround them with the right players and hope for better luck with injuries. Go Suns
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,469

Post#675 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri May 12, 2023 6:04 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:It's not on him, clearly but people like to point fingers and obviously those who thought we overpaid will bring it up again and again and again and again

I don't think the Suns did, a superstar is the hardest thing to find in the game and if you need to pay over the odds to acquire one you still do it, especially when you already have a gem in Booker.

If you think we're down in the dumps now with no way out, just remember where the Lakers were a year ago when they couldn't even make the playoffs. But like us they had bad luck with injuries and made questionable personnel decisions. However they retooled in half a season and look at them now, that's all because they have Lebron and AD.

Book will still be Book, KD will still be KD. We just have to surround them with the right players and hope for better luck with injuries. Go Suns

And this is exactly what we will do next season. Booker and KD remembers this series it’s engrained in their minds. They will plead and beg for high IQ role models players and will get the last laugh.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#676 » by zimpy27 » Fri May 12, 2023 6:11 am

MrMiyagi wrote:

Have you guys watched at all how was he playing this season? How efficient he score 30 in a sleap, how he elevates others on the team and how good defence he was playing? Nets won 18 of 20 games before he got injured..

Do you know who he is?

From an outsider's point of view I don't think it's worth turning on fellow fans to extract some personal satisfaction when your fellow fans are dealing with the same disappointment.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
MrMiyagi

Post#677 » by MrMiyagi » Fri May 12, 2023 6:12 am

zimpy27 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

Do you know who he is?

From an outsider's point of view I don't think it's worth turning on fellow fans to extract some personal satisfaction when everyone dealing with the same disappointment.
**** off then?

This is unnacceptable and unnecessary.
Last edited by bwgood77 on Fri May 12, 2023 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This is unnecessary
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#678 » by sashaturiaf » Fri May 12, 2023 6:13 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

And this is exactly what we will do next season. Booker and KD remembers this series it’s engrained in their minds. They will plead and beg for high IQ role models players and will get the last laugh.

The future is bright man, I know tonight's game didn't us any favors but we will have a much easier time in FA recruitment with KD/Book here.

That's also why I think Ayton is done here. There's no way 2 guys who are deadset on winning a title will want him back after what he pulled. You can't trust the guy after something like that
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#679 » by zimpy27 » Fri May 12, 2023 6:13 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:We just saw who he is! AMAZING!

From an outsider's point of view I don't think it's worth turning on fellow fans to extract some personal satisfaction when everyone dealing with the same disappointment.
**** off then?

at least I'm not a fellow fan, that's progress
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,469

Post#680 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri May 12, 2023 6:16 am

zimpy27 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
**** off then?

at least I'm not a fellow fan, that's progress

I thought Zimpy was voted by GeorgeMarcus as one of top posters on realgm. Not sure what’s going on here I’m too lazy and upset my team lost to scroll up.

Return to Phoenix Suns