ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Round 2 l Game 1: (4) Phoenix Suns @ (1) Denver Nuggets l Saturday l 5:30pm l TNT

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Honest answer no bias, who wins in how many games?

Nuggets in 4
2%
Suns in 4
8%
Nuggets in 5
6%
Suns in 5
2%
Nuggets in 6
14%
Suns in 6
42%
Nuggets in 7
8%
Suns in 7
18%

Total votes: 50

flagstaff
Sophomore
And1: 41

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Round 2 l Game 1: (4) Phoenix Suns @ (1) Denver Nuggets l Saturday l 5:30pm l TNT 

Post#601 » by flagstaff » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:13 pm

enigmatics wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Suns lose, it’s always on Monty. Gotta love this board lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro you trollin' too much.

First man off the bench is Landry f-in Shamet. If you don't need anymore proof you're just purposely being ignorant.

At this point I believe that Monty is hoping Shamet goes off big one game and saves a win so he can look like the smartest man in the room. I have no other explanation why Shamet sees the floor at all.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Round 2 l Game 1: (4) Phoenix Suns @ (1) Denver Nuggets l Saturday l 5:30pm l TNT 

Post#602 » by kennydorglas » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:32 pm

RaisingArizona wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:DominAyton said the intensity will definitely pick up in game 2.

Still waiting for the Kobe Shaq 2.0 promise

He delivered
Kobe Shaq Harrison 2.0 tho
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,037

Post#603 » by sunsbg » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:32 pm

flagstaff wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

First man off the bench is Landry f-in Shamet. If you don't need anymore proof you're just purposely being ignorant.

At this point I believe that Monty is hoping Shamet goes off big one game and saves a win so he can look like the smartest man in the room. I have no other explanation why Shamet sees the floor at all.

Losing 1:4 won't make Monty look any smarter. I guess he prefers Shamet because of supposedly better D this guy plays compared to Ross/Lee. The problem is Shamet has no confidence at all compared to those two. Shamet won't screw it completely I guess, but waiting on him to 'go off big' is already a failure.
Biff
Starter
And1: 1,181

Post#604 » by Biff » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:42 pm

Our defense was 6th worst in the playoffs after Clippers series and that was against the worst team in the playoffs. Our defense looks more or less the same after game 1. Nuggets are winning this in 5.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,170

Post#605 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:49 pm

Biff wrote:Our defense was 6th worst in the playoffs after Clippers series and that was against the worst team in the playoffs. Our defense looks more or less the same after game 1. Nuggets are winning this in 5.
You think it'll take that long?
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,037

Post#606 » by sunsbg » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:52 pm

Biff wrote:Our defense was 6th worst in the playoffs after Clippers series and that was against the worst team in the playoffs. Our defense looks more or less the same after game 1. Nuggets are winning this in 5.

The offense didn't look better. 107 points against a team that is not known for playing good defense is not enough.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,462

Post#607 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:58 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
You think it'll take that long?

Four games? A bit lower?
Djedefre
Senior
And1: 653

Post#608 » by Djedefre » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:17 pm

Wake me up when The Clown and 'The Coach Of The Year' are fired.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,379

Post#609 » by Puff » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:42 pm

Just a question.

Rather than making Shamet the first off the bench as the next best potential Murray defender we have. I think Josh is the best. That is if you want to keep Booker out of foul trouble who would be CP3s substitute? Cam Payne is the obvious choice but is he any better than Shamet?
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,476

Post#610 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:59 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:
KLEON wrote:Been noticing since he got here, KD ball handling sucks

nah he just tired.
old guys in Denver dont work at all

I guess Boston is high altitude city as well , cause he was year younger and his ball handling was terrible as well

It’s no trolling but KD handling the ball is absolute turnover machine , very casual , sloppy , uncoordinated

Actually not only Durant's is looking troubling, but Booker's is again also. Not sure what happened, But he hired some trainer awhile back and got better with his ballhandling briefly. But then recently it's apparently gotten worse or sloppy again. Now for both, it might be as simple as an example of distractions or fatigue from trying to do too much or carry the load too much in high pressure scenarios. Or it might be fatigue (age related with Durant)?? But two simple solutions to fixing traps and presses have been having great perimeter shooters that simply can't be left under any circumstances, or having elite isolation scorers with advanced ballhandling abilities to break down defenses and score or to break down defenses and get to the rim and generate free throws at a high rate! Booker and Durant need great shooters to put pressure on the defense and pull traps away from them. But also to alleviate the defensive pressure that leads to distractions of focus and unintentional pressure related errors. The 3rd outlier scenario is having a Shaq level dominant big man focal point that occupies large scale attention causing defenses to collapse more rather than to trap more on on the perimeter. The suns have none of these currently though.

They'll need to consider actually finding a trade that could bring back some known great shooters, advanced ballhandling iso scorers, and elite lockdown defensive wings for other concerns. Names they should target in trade or free agency?

1- Iso scoring..................... Irving? (Ayton trade)??
- 3 Pt shooting....................Seth Curry? (Free agency)??
OR
- 3 pt shooting....................Joe Harris? (Trade : Shamet and Payne)??
- Perimeter lockdown defense.............Matisse Thybulle? (Free agency)??
- Lockdown defensive two way wing...... Kieta Bates Diop? ( Vet min)??
- Physical high motor rebounding/shot blocking defensive Big............... Drew Eubanks (Vet min)??
- Ballhandling/ iso scoring..................Dennis Smith Jr? (/vet min)??
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,379

Post#611 » by Puff » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:02 pm

I don't know if you caught KD's interview after the game but I was impressed. He basically called himself out for his 7 turnovers and 1 assist. He did not brag about his 29 points 14 rebounds and 3 Blocks. He focused in on Denver taking 17 more shots. That was due to the disparity in rebounds and turnovers. He did not brag or complain. He just said that we must clean up those areas, including himself.

Booker had 3 turnovers and 8 assists. Not great but not horrible either.

Ayton and CP3 MIA.

I know most of the board does not like Landale but Should he get some of Bizzy's minutes? I like Bizzy but Landale could supply some much needed offense.

When I look at our bench Monty has very few good choices if any. I think that blame should be laid directly on James Jones. I expect that we will keep Monty and James Jones will be promoted or let go in the off season. There were options at the deadline and in the buyout market. We struck out when those opportunities were available.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#612 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:03 pm

kennydorglas wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:DominAyton said the intensity will definitely pick up in game 2.

Still waiting for the Kobe Shaq 2.0 promise

He delivered

:lol: :lol: I see what you did there...lol.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,462

Post#613 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:19 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:Still waiting for the Kobe Shaq 2.0 promise

He delivered

:lol: :lol: I see what you did there...lol.

I DONT GET IT JUST STOOPPPP OMG!
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#614 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:31 pm

flagstaff wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

Nah.............
Monty's just a family first guy! He's trying to look after his future son in law, As Landry's the type of guy he wants to marry his daughter after all. So he's playing him significantly more minutes than he deserves so he can try to repair his perceived value and argue against Ishbia likely looking to trade him this offseason. Because if Monty ever loses his future son in law, He'd just crumble!
This isn't about the team or our team success. This decision is about family!!!! 8-)

(Monty Williams sharing his priorities vs our team actually winning our first ever championship in almost 60 yrs!)

(Monty Williams thinking about Shamet whenever he is sitting on the bench)!!!

(Monty's response every time Shamet gives up a big lead in his minutes played)!!
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,356

Post#615 » by AtheJ415 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:40 pm

bigfoot wrote:
Revived wrote:So the Ayton just standing and watching clip has gone completely viral (#6 trending on Twitter in sports) and ESPN, Bleacher Report etc have all blasted it on all their social media pages.

Ayton saw it himself because of course he jumped on to IG immediately after getting curb stomped. He even commented on it himself on the sportscenter page with a clapping emoji for whatever that’s supposed to mean.

Read on Twitter

Speculation is that this is Ayton showing appreciation for KD giving the effort that he didn’t show himself.

On a serious note, this is probably the most humiliating moment for Ayton in his career. He’s being entirely blasted on every social media network and tomorrow all the sports shows are most certainly gonna rip him to absolute shreds.

Really hope they don’t try to pin the loss completely on him because he’s a part of the problem but not the only problem or even the biggest one. That’s Monty.

Read on Twitter

Like I said, $30M paperweight

In this clip, CP3 and Book are also equally just standing there. Not even boxing out. Even Christian Braun dominated us on the glass.

This team just isn't tough enough. We adopt the mentality of our coach and it just sucks. This is and has been a team wide problem for YEARS
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,973

Post#616 » by garrick » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:41 pm

I don't trust Okogie to be a backup PG and Monty obviously doesn't trust him either which is the only logical explanation for Shamet getting so many minutes.

What the hell was JJ thinking trading for Bazley who is never going to get minutes when we knew that Cam has been very injury prone this season? I can't wait for JJ to be fired at this point as he's not shown himself to be a great evaluator of talent.
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#617 » by AtheJ415 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:00 pm

With how CP3 is playing defensively and on the boards, I would strongly consider running Book, Okogie, KD, Craig, Ayton / Biyombo as our primary 5. Minimizes the switching gameplan of Denver on the offensive glass because we'd Okogie -- the only good rebounding guard on the team, in place of CP3, and Craig, who tries on that end. Right now Denver doesn't even really care if they make the shots over Ayton switches because they know they have a huge chance for an offensive rebound with Jokic and the 2 other crashing wings. Best way to eliminate it.

Book and KD are running the offense anyways. No real reason to keep CP3 in over the others if he's not going to be in a playmaking role.
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#618 » by AtheJ415 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:07 pm

Sunsfan03 wrote:Gotta stop playing shamet and d.Lee. They too soft to slow Denver down

Lee should be a situational sub and primarily guard KCP. I would try Ross honestly. Reign in his shot selection, but he at least has length and leaping to be bothersome in a simplified defensive role, and could hide on KCP or Brown
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,406

Post#619 » by Revived » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:10 pm

garrick wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
Revived wrote:So the Ayton just standing and watching clip has gone completely viral (#6 trending on Twitter in sports) and ESPN, Bleacher Report etc have all blasted it on all their social media pages.

Ayton saw it himself because of course he jumped on to IG immediately after getting curb stomped. He even commented on it himself on the sportscenter page with a clapping emoji for whatever that’s supposed to mean.

Read on Twitter

Speculation is that this is Ayton showing appreciation for KD giving the effort that he didn’t show himself.

On a serious note, this is probably the most humiliating moment for Ayton in his career. He’s being entirely blasted on every social media network and tomorrow all the sports shows are most certainly gonna rip him to absolute shreds.

Really hope they don’t try to pin the loss completely on him because he’s a part of the problem but not the only problem or even the biggest one. That’s Monty.

Read on Twitter

Like I said, $30M paperweight

Seems like he expected Jokic to lay it up but yeah he sometimes gives up on plays since he has a low motor. Like I said in my last post though DA could have scored 25 and had 10 rebounds and we still would have lost.

Having zero bench production and zero offense from Craig and Okogie when one of them is starting is just brutal, team defense is also pretty bad with the Nuggets getting wide open 3 after wide open 3.

Bench isn’t gonna improve unless different players like Ross/Warren/Payne are played off the bench.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,406

Post#620 » by Revived » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:11 pm

AtheJ415 wrote:
Sunsfan03 wrote:Gotta stop playing shamet and d.Lee. They too soft to slow Denver down

Lee should be a situational sub and primarily guard KCP. I would try Ross honestly. Reign in his shot selection, but he at least has length and leaping to be bothersome in a simplified defensive role, and could hide on KCP or Brown

Lee should keep playing, he’s our best 3pt shooter. We’re struggling to even attempt 3s, so Lee should be playing more.

Return to Phoenix Suns