ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 4: Denver Nuggets @ Phoenix Suns l Sunday l 5:00 l TNT l DEN leads series 2-1

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 4: Denver Nuggets @ Phoenix Suns l Sunday l 5:00 l TNT l DEN leads series 2-1 

Post#481 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon May 8, 2023 10:23 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:They were the 1 seed so not exactly shocking but Denver is really good, if they beat the suns I think they win the championship. Just a really really hard team to defend.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Yeah, I figured we'd take these two but it will be tough to win in Denver. Game 5 is pretty good given we have not fared well in elimination games, though those were quite different teams as well. I expect Denver to win game 5, but you never know. I think it will be close. The big test will be if we lose game 5 if we can avoid elimination this year. I think the way Book is playing we can win game 6 either way, so it could come down to game 7. But even if we lose, I won't consider it some epic failure, as you have said, Denver is the 1 seed and is playing very well. We barely pulled out those home games and it too Shamet lighting it up in this one, and of course another crazy good game from Book.
Not exactly breaking news but Jokic is awesome. Last night had to be one of the best performances in a loss a player has ever had.

Combine him with Murray and then their shooters and there just isn't a good way to guard them. Suns have basically said f defense we just need to put score them and I think it was the right call.

I do think Denver is the better team but I think Phoenix was better than Dallas last year and we saw what happened.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 4: Denver Nuggets @ Phoenix Suns l Sunday l 5:00 l TNT l DEN leads series 2-1 

Post#482 » by spanishninja » Mon May 8, 2023 10:25 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:They were the 1 seed so not exactly shocking but Denver is really good, if they beat the suns I think they win the championship. Just a really really hard team to defend.

Yeah, I figured we'd take these two but it will be tough to win in Denver. Game 5 is pretty good given we have not fared well in elimination games, though those were quite different teams as well. I expect Denver to win game 5, but you never know. I think it will be close. The big test will be if we lose game 5 if we can avoid elimination this year. I think the way Book is playing we can win game 6 either way, so it could come down to game 7. But even if we lose, I won't consider it some epic failure, as you have said, Denver is the 1 seed and is playing very well. We barely pulled out those home games and it too Shamet lighting it up in this one, and of course another crazy good game from Book.
Not exactly breaking news but Jokic is awesome. Last night had to be one of the best performances in a loss a player has ever had.

Combine him with Murray and then their shooters and there just isn't a good way to guard them. Suns have basically said f defense we just need to put score them and I think it was the right call.

I do think Denver is the better team but I think Phoenix was better than Dallas last year and we saw what happened.

you don't even have to look at last season. Milwaukee got gentleman's swept despite being a clearly better team than Miami (yes, even with Giannis out), and the Celtics are tied up with the Sixers right now despite being obviously better. That's why playoffs aren't played on paper.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,176

Post#483 » by Slim Charless » Mon May 8, 2023 10:42 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

“Landry Shamet, who also said he and Monty Williams are "very close."

Oh trust me, we know Shamet…we know….

Monty and Shamet:

kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#484 » by kennydorglas » Mon May 8, 2023 10:58 pm

"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Jesus_H_Macy
Rookie
And1: 1,074

Post#485 » by Jesus_H_Macy » Mon May 8, 2023 11:11 pm

Here is my unnecessarily detailed and unasked for take on Jokic v. Ishbia:

--Jokic knew that was Ishbia the entire time

--Ishbia was holding onto the ball longer than necessary on purpose and using helping Okogie as his smoke screen

--Jokic only tried to rip the ball out of his hands because it was Ishbia. He wouldn't have done that to a regular fan. A regular fan also wouldn't have held the ball

--If Jokic wouldn't have tried to rip the ball out I think Ishbia probably would have handed it back, and if not he would've gotten a T instead of Jokic

--I think Ishbia only knocked the ball out of Jokic's hands because of how aggressively he tried to rip it out. A regular fan should've gotten kicked out for doing that. Ishbia should've gotten a fine, and maybe a T

--It didn't look to me like Ishbia touched Jokic first, at best it looks like the touch and the elbow happened at the same time. The elbow might have actually happened just barely before. Either way, the amount of that touch didn't warrant an elbow response

--If Jokic elbowed a regular fan like that he 100% would've gotten suspended. But he wouldn't have done that to a normal fan. I'm glad they didn't suspend him. He's lucky they didn't because the rules mention something about shoving people in the upper chest being an auto-suspension. He wasn't suspended because it was Ishbia and not a regular fan. The T was well deserved

--The flop was hilarious. But Jokic did give him a good shove that would've sent him back to his seat. Just not with the arm flailing

--I think the NBA should have fined Ishbia today along with Jokic

--That WWE vid is hilarious and the best NBA+WWE mashup vid since Lebron decision + Hollywood heel turn

--It was the second quarter. That one point was meaningless to the outcome of the game
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,499

Post#486 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon May 8, 2023 11:39 pm

sunsbum wrote:
Revived wrote:
Maze wrote:Seems like Suns fans have been saying "We need more from DA" since he got here.I think he is who he is at this point.I'll be glad when he's gone this offseason.I'm ready for the Ayton experience to end.

So many people want him traded and think he should be traded (including myself) but we’re all gonna be disappointed because trading him on his current contract will not be easy. He has no value and he has ton of years and is extremely overpaid for what he brings to the court.

If someone took ben simmons someone will take DA

But would you take Simmons back for Ayton if that's all we could get back? Or would you then just keep Ayton longer to try and recoup value for a later trade?
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#487 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon May 8, 2023 11:57 pm

Saberestar wrote:BTW, we got away with a clear foul from Ayton in the last jumpball. NOICE.

Read on Twitter

Yeah! Focus on that one play after Ayton and Durant has been repeatedly taken out minimized throughout the series by glaring ref bias for the nuggets. Also the sheer disparity of free throws and calls in general benefitting the nugs when both teams ( nuggets included) are playing physically! The Nuggets players have been reaching, hacking, body blocking, hard bumping our players throughout the entire series and they haven't been called for fouls at nearly the rate our players have if any nuggets players so much as yawn sneeze or fart!

It's been pretty obvious at times too. The point being GOOD FOR AYTON! seeing as the tone of the series and physicality has been equally aggressive by BOTH TEAMS and we've been on the short end of the stick with fouls called the majority of the time. This is just equity with the level of physicality not held accountable has gone. Glad to see him being physical back and responding in kind! :nod:
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,176

Post#488 » by Slim Charless » Tue May 9, 2023 12:36 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
Revived wrote:So many people want him traded and think he should be traded (including myself) but we’re all gonna be disappointed because trading him on his current contract will not be easy. He has no value and he has ton of years and is extremely overpaid for what he brings to the court.

But would you take Simmons back for Ayton if that's all we could get back? Or would you then just keep Ayton longer to try and recoup value for a later trade?

Aren't Booker and Simmons still beefing, or is it squashed and both of them hate Bad Bunny now?
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#489 » by spanishninja » Tue May 9, 2023 12:49 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
sunsbum wrote:If someone took ben simmons someone will take DA

Aren't Booker and Simmons still beefing, or is it squashed and both of them hate Bad Bunny now?

or they are both celebrating the baggage being offloaded to some other dude now
Maze
Bench Warmer
And1: 962

Post#490 » by Maze » Tue May 9, 2023 1:27 am

Seems like the national media is working overtime to turn Jokic into the victim.I don't want to see him suspended, but the guy did unnecessarily shove a "fan".I'm even seeing people say he didn't deserve a technical! I wouldn't be shocked if the refs did a number on the Suns tomorrow.I'm calling it now.Jokic will get 18+ FT's.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#491 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue May 9, 2023 1:41 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
sunsbum wrote:If someone took ben simmons someone will take DA

Nope! Kendall's now making her rounds with Bad Bunny! And Book and Simmons are both considering themselves lucky that they got away without a buffet of STD's and further unwanted media drama. They can share empathy on past bad choices....lol.

Also, I actually wouldn't be completely opposed to considering an Ayton/ Shamet trade for Simmons/ 22nd pick? But would much more prefer a Paul/ Shamet for Simmons trade. And I absolutely think the Nets would do it to get off of Simmons deal a maybe advance their young guys progressions from Paul's mentoring. ALSO, I truly believe that Simmons can still regain some value and become an asset IF he just focuses on being a lockdown defender for us and his offense can be from lobs, back cuts, post scoring, fast break opportunities. Then you save Ayton for another trade to add depth assets and possibly a pick or two. I still like the Ayton for Nurkic/ Simons/ Little from Portland. Or Charlotte for Rozier, Bouknight (bought out)/ Richards/ 27th pick/ 39th pick/ 52nd pick. Or this recent trade board proposal didn't look too bad (all things considered.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2288129
Basically it is Ayton for Valuncias/ Caruso/ Portland 24' lotto protected (who knows when it might convey though). Chicago fans seem very on board with this idea too! And I could also see the Pels being on board with a sign n trade for Vucevic possibly IF they can do that with their cap situation.

I think I could like the idea of
Booker/ Caruso/ Simmons/ Durant/ Valuncias. Or you could run Simmons at the 4 defensively and for secondary frontcourt playmaking like what Draymond does for Golden State. Valuncias would also definitely solve our rebounding and size/physicality issues at half the cost of what Ayton makes. At the 4, Simmons can also help Valuncias cover as a weakside rim protector not having focus on shooting, but only defense and playmaking. With Booker and Durant, He wouldn't have the offensive pressure and pressure to shoot! So he theoretically should be able to find his game again! At least 1st team all defense. And I'd be happy to have him defend the Kwahi's, Doncic's, Ingram's, Lebron's, etc to free up Book and Durant even more on offense. It could be a big time under the radar move honestly! Big risk though too admittedly! :dontknow:
oddity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,086

Post#492 » by oddity » Tue May 9, 2023 2:15 am

Keep Ben Simmons far away from my team, please and thank you.
Living off borrowed time the clock ticks faster...
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,723

Post#493 » by sunsbum » Tue May 9, 2023 3:21 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
Revived wrote:So many people want him traded and think he should be traded (including myself) but we’re all gonna be disappointed because trading him on his current contract will not be easy. He has no value and he has ton of years and is extremely overpaid for what he brings to the court.

no way
Flex is now your father.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#494 » by lilfishi22 » Tue May 9, 2023 3:33 am

Lol DA for Simmons
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#495 » by kennydorglas » Tue May 9, 2023 3:40 am

Yeah we'll only get trash offers for DA.
Thats the price we paid when we couldnt offload him earlier.
Obviously we couldnt let him go for free as well, so this is just a terrible situation for both.

(but JJ doesnt care about asset management at all, he might accept those trash trades just to get rid of him)
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,690

Post#496 » by Calvin Klein » Wed May 10, 2023 6:33 pm

get the new game thread going. we need some hope

Return to Phoenix Suns