ImageImageImage

The Official 2024 Offseason Thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

What WC and EC team are you pulling for in the 2nd round?

Mavs
3%
Nuggets
8%
Thunder
19%
Twolves
20%
Cavs
2%
Celtics
3%
Knicks
19%
Pacers
27%

Total votes: 64

Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,297

Re: The Official 2024 Offseason Thread 

Post#221 » by Frank Lee » Sat May 4, 2024 1:58 am

If everything is just fine, and we are the envy of 26 teams…. How do you justify firing your coach?
What ? Me Worry ?
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,017

Post#222 » by grumpysaddle » Sat May 4, 2024 2:14 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Gambo said yesterday that we will know about Vogel on Monday at the latest.

Clippers/Mavs series will be over by then, so...

Mrs. Ganush says Matt Ishbia shames her with the way he's crippled our team financially and moving forward. :lol:
:lol:

Glad someone knows where my banner is from! <3
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 825

Post#223 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:21 am

Clippers and suns suck !

Let’s do Beal for Harden and we both can see if that’s better next year
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 6,006

Post#224 » by TeamTragic » Sat May 4, 2024 2:27 am

KdoubleDees23 wrote:Clippers and suns suck !

KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,972

Post#225 » by KLEON » Sat May 4, 2024 2:29 am

thamadkant wrote:Magic is a good trading partner for retool and rebuild.

Lakers firing coaches every time LeBron fails is another proof why LeBron is unlikeable. He pretty much coaches the team offensively and picks his team mates.

Mike Brown would love this post
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,644

Post#226 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat May 4, 2024 2:36 am

Horrible trade unless they add in Russell Westbrook. Beal is still good but I want RW included in the package deal.
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Post#227 » by mkot » Sat May 4, 2024 3:04 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:

Horrible trade unless they add in Russell Westbrook. Beal is still good but I want RW included in the package deal.

Westbrook shooting 4-32 in the last 5 games against Dallas.

He is washed.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 855

Post#228 » by Desertfox » Sat May 4, 2024 4:45 am

Short of completely blowing this team up (which I do believe is the best option), the best we may be able to do is convince Beal and BKN that he is better off there. The Twins can play with a Booker type player. You take Simmons back who is an expiring but also both a PG and a defensive PF, which are the two big holes on the team. You still need a 3 and D center, but it would be a start.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,799

Re: Around the NBA - 23-24 Other playoff series 

Post#229 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat May 4, 2024 6:37 am

In this video, at around 1:47 seconds in, Booker is asked if he believes (the current roster under Ishbias' strategy) the Suns actually have enough talent to win a championship!! AND he honestly doesn't sound too enthused or confident in our current situation to achieve that goal. Now the reason that I bring this up is for the relevance of recent discussions and rumors of Booker potentially wanting out of Phoenix, whether that's to a better situation (in terms of depth and assets) like New York, or possibly another team in contention or close to it with much better depth and stability to achieve the goal of a championship.

I really can see it as a reasonable possibility that IF we have another disappointing outcome next season (which we will)!! And fall short of the finals and a championship, Booker will begin voicing his displeasure with our situation and want out. KD of course will likely make his demands heard on this too likely being the first to issue a trade demand rather than wasting his final years not "realistically" competing for a championship, but just treadmilling. But the bigger concern is Booker's infatuation and the infectious traits of KD's mercenarial perspective being absorbed by and now emulated by Booker wherein if KD gets frustrated and asks out, Booker will likely follow suit copying his idol. :-?

So indirectly, due to Ishbias' very impulsive and shortsighted decisions may unintentionally begin our rebuild within the next two years with other teams still holding the value of our picks over the coming 7-8 years. Really the only consolation for us is that once Ishbia and Jones give away our 2022 and 2031 picks, The league institutes a more severe version of the Stepian rule in which they actually will freeze that 2032 pick to protect a franchise from terrible idiotic ownership decisions. I can honestly say that we clearly have the 2nd reiteration of Ted Stepian in Ishbia who treats our franchise like his fantasy league hobby, which is very fitting considering how much time he actually spends in fantasyland instead of actual reality!
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#230 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat May 4, 2024 6:42 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:Clippers/Mavs series will be over by then, so...

Mrs. Ganush says Matt Ishbia shames her with the way he's crippled our team financially and moving forward. :lol:
:lol:

Glad someone knows where my banner is from! <3

It's definitely fitting man!
As Ishbia and Jones are managing to drag this franchise to Hell in record time with their incredibly impetuous and shortsighted moves. Although I do sometimes also miss seeing your Steve Brule avatar as it reminds me of our unfortunate luck in seemingly always cycling through owners with similar intellectual brilliance and ingenuity!....lol :lol:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#231 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat May 4, 2024 6:46 am

KLEON wrote:
thamadkant wrote:Magic is a good trading partner for retool and rebuild.

Lakers firing coaches every time LeBron fails is another proof why LeBron is unlikeable. He pretty much coaches the team offensively and picks his team mates.

Mike Brown would love this post

Honestly, Mike Brown should be a high-priority target name on our potential coaching list IF he does get let go by Sacramento. He is a very good coach who helped engineer the Kings' recent stellar offense. And has been an assistant on championship teams like Golden State too, so his pedigree is fairly solid as a considering factor. :nod:
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,543

Post#232 » by Stix » Sat May 4, 2024 6:47 am

Frank Lee wrote:If everything is just fine, and we are the envy of 26 teams…. How do you justify firing your coach?

Rich kid syndrome.

"Hey guys look at all my expensive toys! Wanna trade for this broken one I paid 200mil for?"

:lol: I can't believe we waited all this time for Sarver to sell the team, and he ends up selling it to some casual.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,117

Post#233 » by garrick » Sat May 4, 2024 7:59 am

sunsbg wrote:
King4Day wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

So many teams are adding quality depth via the draft nowadays, this just seems extremely shortsighted.

And what do the Suns lack, depth or star power? I guess according to Ishbia and Jones, it’s more old ass washed up stars on big contracts.

IF we trade that pick ('31), they better fn put protections on it. Stop with the unprotected BS.

This years pick MIGHT allow you to move on from Nurk, but even then, what are you getting back? MAYBE Nic Richards from Charlotte? And he's not a big enough upgrade (if at all) to feel he's worth dumping this years pick.

I was thinking since we are all in anyway maybe putting lottery protection on '31 pick and downgrade it to second round picks makes sense. They will probably turn it into swaps with other 2-3 teams though. Ishbia and Jones are a match made in heaven. :lol:

JJ hasn't learned a thing about what went wrong in the early Sarver years.

He kept selling draft picks and shot himself in the foot because we passed on talents like Rondo and Deng because he thought rookies could never contribute to the playoff rotations.

Silver better put in place some more rules limiting stupid owners like Ishbia from trading all their picks because arrogant owners like Ishbia will continue digging their grave deeper and deeper and keep making fools out of themselves. We have the Stepien rule but clearly it's not enough for some owners.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#234 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat May 4, 2024 8:59 am

Read on Twitter

I find it funny that Gerald Bourget talks about supposedly setting the record straight on our draft pick situation as a media source, yet he deliberately puts out an article without ever mentioning the attached penalties of those picks swaps as a 2nd apron team making those pick swaps become the very last pick (#30) in corresponding drafts starting next summer. And then he does the same exact thing in this podcast, purposely omitting the details of those very few remaining picks left for now. Is it worse to lack journalistic integrity or the testicular fortitude to actually challenge false narratives, or is he simply letting his random instances of misplaced feelings of intellectual superiority cloud the facts of our situation? Or could it be just a matter of subjective biases?

I get that simplistically both Ishbia and Bourget are technically correct that contextually, we do have picks left in those alternating years. But for both to intentionally and cleverly mislead the representative minimal value ranges of those remaining picks as if they're actual quality assets is disappointing and ultimately disingenuous to the premise of the fan's concerns.

Aside from that point though, This podcast is a perfect example of everything that so many people on here have been saying is fundamentally wrong with James Jones regarding the draft. And his own direct comments parroting Ishbias' pompous and condescending response about not caring about the future with some 7th grader is yet another admission by Jones that he simply doesn't care about the draft, and even worse, his body of work and glaring lack of success only furthers this argument for all the elite talent he's overlooked. And a substantial reason as to why he shouldn't hold any front-office position in the NBA! :D
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#235 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat May 4, 2024 9:17 am

garrick wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
King4Day wrote:
IF we trade that pick ('31), they better fn put protections on it. Stop with the unprotected BS.

This years pick MIGHT allow you to move on from Nurk, but even then, what are you getting back? MAYBE Nic Richards from Charlotte? And he's not a big enough upgrade (if at all) to feel he's worth dumping this years pick.

I was thinking since we are all in anyway maybe putting lottery protection on '31 pick and downgrade it to second round picks makes sense. They will probably turn it into swaps with other 2-3 teams though. Ishbia and Jones are a match made in heaven. :lol:

JJ hasn't learned a thing about what went wrong in the early Sarver years.

He kept selling draft picks and shot himself in the foot because we passed on talents like Rondo and Deng because he thought rookies could never contribute to the playoff rotations.

Silver better put in place some more rules limiting stupid owners like Ishbia from trading all their picks because arrogant owners like Ishbia will continue digging their grave deeper and deeper and keep making fools out of themselves. We have the Stepien rule but clearly it's not enough for some owners.

Mercifully for us, once the two imbecilic clowns in Ishbia and Jones irresponsibly move our 22nd pick and then our 2031 pick for their shortsighted plans, The league has a "failsafe" stipulation wherein it institutes a freeze of our 2032 pick where neither moron can do anything with it! It was created because of Ted Stepian to protect franchises from delusionally idiotic owners who continually manage to cripple their franchises by treating them as if their fantasy league hobbies. Ishbia and Jones seem to be the next iteration of Ted Stepian himself with their staggering ignorance and ineptitude.

Ishbia and Jones prepping for post season media interviews!!!!
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#236 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat May 4, 2024 9:28 am

Read on Twitter

Simple translation: Superteam gimmicks just don't work anymore!!

and of course, Ishbia whenever someone points this out to him!
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 6,002

Post#237 » by kennydorglas » Sat May 4, 2024 2:47 pm

Yeah Ishbia likes to burn money.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,139

Post#238 » by handsome salary » Sat May 4, 2024 4:15 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Simple translation: Superteam gimmicks just don't work anymore!!

and of course, Ishbia whenever someone points this out to him!

My simple translation is relying on old, inured and slow former all stars won't cut it against the new athletically prime superstars. Book's the funny thing since he's the same age as the new school still playing.

This team is turning into the PHX Sun Cities.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,440

Post#239 » by dremill24 » Sat May 4, 2024 4:30 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:We either hire a great coach/GM NOW or just start a rebuilding. There's no middle ground.

We can't tank, we don't have our picks.

You can rebuild without "tanking," it's just (a lot) harder.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,440

Post#240 » by dremill24 » Sat May 4, 2024 4:39 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

I find it funny that Gerald Bourget talks about supposedly setting the record straight on our draft pick situation as a media source, yet he deliberately puts out an article without ever mentioning the attached penalties of those picks swaps as a 2nd apron team making those pick swaps become the very last pick (#30) in corresponding drafts starting next summer. And then he does the same exact thing in this podcast, purposely omitting the details of those very few remaining picks left for now. Is it worse to lack journalistic integrity or the testicular fortitude to actually challenge false narratives, or is he simply letting his random instances of misplaced feelings of intellectual superiority cloud the facts of our situation? Or could it be just a matter of subjective biases?

I get that simplistically both Ishbia and Bourget are technically correct that contextually, we do have picks left in those alternating years. But for both to intentionally and cleverly mislead the representative minimal value ranges of those remaining picks as if they're actual quality assets is disappointing and ultimately disingenuous to the premise of the fan's concerns.

Aside from that point though, This podcast is a perfect example of everything that so many people on here have been saying is fundamentally wrong with James Jones regarding the draft. And his own direct comments parroting Ishbias' pompous and condescending response about not caring about the future with some 7th grader is yet another admission by Jones that he simply doesn't care about the draft, and even worse, his body of work and glaring lack of success only furthers this argument for all the elite talent he's overlooked. And a substantial reason as to why he shouldn't hold any front-office position in the NBA! :D

Calm down there turbo...perhaps he didnt say that the swaps dont move to the end of the first round because its not true? They wont be incurring penalties on picks that were already traded. They will be unable to trade their '32 1st if they remain over the 2nd apron by the end of the upcoming season. That will be the first time 2nd apron draft pick penalties are enforced. The swap rights for picks before that are still dependent on the records of the teams involved. It'll be the worst of the 3 picks...but wouldnt be 30th unless one of the 3 teams has the best record in the league.

Return to Phoenix Suns