Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Howling Mad
General Manager
And1: 578

Just like the Bulls, sans Ben Wallace/D'Antoni=no headbands 

Post#1 » by Howling Mad » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:43 pm

D'Antoni: No Headbands
January 5, 2008 - 4:37 am
Arizona Republic wrote:A day after his team scored 13 points in the first quarter against the struggling Seattle SuperSonics , Mike D'Antoni recommended significant changes, starting at the top.

"Our offense was so bad it was mind-boggling," the Suns' Coach said. "I really think it was the headbands. We're going without them. Whoever made that decision should be fired."

Managing Partner Robert Sarver wasn't at Friday's practice, but that may have just been a coincidence. The Suns wore orange headbands for a retro celebration Thursday, but D'Antoni said he told his team to ditch them after the first quarter so fans shouldn't expect a repeat fashion show Saturday against the Hornets at US Airways Center.

As a Bulls fan welcome to the club.

I do think its silly to blame it on the headbands, but meh... whatever. Ben Wallace says he plays better with the headbands. Whatever. Superstitious millionaires.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#2 » by NapoleonII » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:03 pm

I prefer Diaw with a headband, at least he's posing as something harder than the creampuff that he is.
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#3 » by LukasBMW » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:11 pm

Mike D is just joking. I'm sure you will still see Amare and the Matrix rocking headbands from time to time.
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#4 » by -SDU- » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:57 pm

i cant believe the way the article was posted on realgm, dantoni was having a joke at the expense of our shocking quarter
Never Fear 33 Is Here
Lead Assistant
And1: 60
Location: DP09 Brotherhood: NF33IH, -SDU-, TASTIC, nevetsov, KPCB34, Frank Lee, Miklo, Rodrizzle, Cash

Post#5 » by Never Fear 33 Is Here » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:19 am

Guess I am not the only one who likes to get peoples attention with headlines. :lol:
Props to Kerrsed for the sig
KJ7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#6 » by KJ7 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:42 am

-SDU- wrote:i cant believe the way the article was posted on realgm, dantoni was having a joke at the expense of our shocking quarter

It's not the first time his deadpan humour has been misinterpreted by the media either.
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#7 » by WTFsunsFTW » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:33 pm

Lucille: What the hell is that?
Buster: These are my awards, Mother, from Army. The seal is for marksmanship, and the gorilla is for sand racing.
Lucille: You're doing well?
Buster: I was just dropping these off. Now if you'll excuse me, they're putting me in something called Hero Squad.

Return to Phoenix Suns