ImageImageImage

Lakers and Suns

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

joe.linnen
Banned User
And1: 0

Lakers and Suns 

Post#1 » by joe.linnen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:42 pm

I really would like to me you guys in the Playoffs again. I must say your team is something fun to watch. The high speed offence that you run is outstanding and I like when you run some teams into the ground. I think that it would be the best series in the playoffs for a number of reason.

Lakers
SF:Ariza
PF:Odom
C:Bynum
SG:Bryant
PG:Fisher

vs.

Suns
SF:Hill
PF:Marion
C:Stoudemire
SG:Bell
PG:Nash

I'm pretty sure that our series will have the highest ratings this playoff season.
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#2 » by WTFsunsFTW » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:46 pm

You mean the highest ratings for 4 games.

GO SUNS
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#3 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:59 pm

^lmao ZING
shortodom
Veteran
And1: 57

Post#4 » by shortodom » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:13 pm

WTFsunsFTW wrote:You mean the highest ratings for 4 games.

GO SUNS

na, im sure you guys would win one game at least :wink:

^ ZONG
-SDU-
RealGM
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#5 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:22 pm

ZANG!

;-)
KJ7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#6 » by KJ7 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:55 pm

I like what how this rivallry has developed and I'm sure a lot of ppl would like us to meet each other because it would have everything a good play-off series should have.

I'm just a bit confused, what we're discussing in this thread tho?
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,568

Post#7 » by Stix » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:00 am

I'm not sure but I wouldn't get too cocky...

Do you really think we still wouldve won that game if Kwame didn't hand the ball to us and miss easy baskets like he did in place of Bynum who will be back in time to make his stock even more valuable with a good play off run. He could be a big factor in the series,.]

I'm not sayin' the suns arent capable of beating the Lakers, but I just dont think it will come that easy this time around. I give Phil Jackson more credit than anything.
second_coming32
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#8 » by second_coming32 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:20 am

I'm really nervous about the Lakers, and I don't care what anybody says about the Lakers team. You can downplay them all you want but the first two games against us when they had Bynum they destroyed us. Bynum is Amare's daddy. Nash is no Kobe, Odom owns Marion, Nash won't d up on Fisher, and Raja Bell is useless against the Lakers. The Lakers honestly are the one team other than the Spurs that would give us nightmares in a seven game series. I'm not saying that we'd lose to the Lakers, but I'm saying that they were a shell of what they were the first two times around last week, and we still struggled to beat them.

Us Suns fans had better start taking this team seriously and stop thinking like we're entitled to beating them just because we've done it the last two years. All I'm saying is this.....it aint gonna be a walk in the park if we meet them in the playoffs. Ask me this question again after we play them the last time towards the end of the season.
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#9 » by -SDU- » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:58 am

whatever, freakin lakers fan

dont come here acting like youre a suns fan, fool

dude has 3 posts on realgm, lets check the other 2

first on the lakers forum

The NBA owes Kobe two MVP's, one for 05'06, one for 06'07, and he should be working on his 3rd this year.

Nash needs to give that MVP back, and you already know that Dirk is embarrassed that he won, he knows good and well that he didn't deserve that trophy.

ALSO on the lakers board

If Webber came here do you really think that Phil and Kobe would tolerate a statement like that? Kobe would do him the way he did Sean Rooks on the Buss, and Phil Jackson would call him a Pussy. Then Webber would go on a tearful rant, throw his jersey on the floor, roll around like two year old the way he did in Sacramento with the Media, and go take his spot down in the post.

Trust me, Phil Jackson makes what he makes for a reason. If he can handle Rodman, he can handle Webber.

PWNED! dont come back troll

magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,435

Post#10 » by magee » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:04 am

The Lakers are the only team that matches up well with Phoenix. More depth, can stretch out the game longer against the starters, wear them down for the 4th quarter. If they don't have a healthy Bynum, it's Phoenix all the way. Otherwise, nobody matches up well with Phoenix this season. They need to get someone like Justin Williams at the deadline. I'd love to see him and Salmons for Banks, Alando Tucker and a future pick. Never gonna happen, but it would be sweet.
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#11 » by -SDU- » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:19 am

i think the spurs, pistons, hornets all match up better with us than the lakers
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,435

Post#12 » by magee » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:20 am

Hornets don't have a bench. Spurs swingmen can be roughed up. Pistons are a good team, but that wouldn't have to be a worry until the NBA Finals. There's no way they get past Cleveland.
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#13 » by -SDU- » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:23 am

im not saying those teams are or arent better than us, i just think they match up better than the lakers do

i dont know if its overconfidence or what, but personally the lakers really dont bother me come playoff time. I would be stoked to matchup with them again and extremely confident of a series going no further than 6
second_coming32
Banned User

Post#14 » by second_coming32 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:39 am

-SDU- wrote:whatever, freakin lakers fan

dont come here acting like youre a suns fan, fool

dude has 3 posts on realgm, lets check the other 2

first on the lakers forum

The NBA owes Kobe two MVP's, one for 05'06, one for 06'07, and he should be working on his 3rd this year.

Nash needs to give that MVP back, and you already know that Dirk is embarrassed that he won, he knows good and well that he didn't deserve that trophy.

ALSO on the lakers board

PWNED! dont come back troll

(picture)[/url]

I'm not a Laker fan, I'm a basketball fan. Actually my team isn't doing to hot right now so Im bringing an objective opinion. I live in L.A, and I lived in Phoenix for 10 years (during the barkely years). The Lakers and Suns are the two most exciting teams in basketball, and they are the teams that I follow the closest.

I'm actually a Knicks fan, so I really don't have much in the way of bragging rights, and I refuse to follow the team until they get rid of Isaiah. Since I live in L.A., I'm right in the middle of the Suns / Lakers rivalry. So pardon me for having an objective opinion.

I'm not saying the Lakers are better than the Suns (we'll see about that in the playoffs). All I'm saying is, judging from what happened when both teams were at full strength, the Suns are in trouble, and deep down you know it.

And me saying that Kobe deserved Nash's MVP in 05-'06 doesnt make me a Lakers fan, it makes me a realist. Nobody that plays defense the way that Nash does should ever win the MVP. I think he finished 8th that year in PER, Kobe was 3rd, Kobe averaged 35.1 a game and took a lottery team to 45 wins and damn near knocked off the Suns in the first round. Kobe was legitimately robbed. Now if you want my honest opinion, I think Nash was robbed last year for the MVP, I don't think Dirk deserved that award at all. I guess you can chalk that up to Karma however, because Nash didn't deserve the two MVP's he won.

04-05 went to Nash, should have went to Shaq
05-06 went to Nash, should have went to Kobe
06-07 went to Dirk, should have went to Nash
07-08 Will go to Garnett, it should go to Lebron.
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#15 » by -SDU- » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:45 am

so as a "knicks" fan you chose to write

Us Suns fans had better
??

whatever

nash WAS robbed last year

his second MVP i dont know, you cant say he didnt deserve it but whether someone was more deserving who knows

but in no way in hell, will i ever listen to any BS about shaq deserving it in 04-05

sure he played well, but i cant believe he got that close to MVP anyways. statistically it was nowhere near his best season, so how can a guy be MVP candidate when its not even an MVP season by his own standards?

nash won it fair and square that year

i have no idea why lebron is more deserving than KG this year? i put far more stock in wins than i do individual stat padding
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 21

Post#16 » by nashill » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:03 am

-SDU- wrote:im not saying those teams are or arent better than us, i just think they match up better than the lakers do

i dont know if its overconfidence or what, but personally the lakers really dont bother me come playoff time. I would be stoked to matchup with them again and extremely confident of a series going no further than 6

yeah, we can beat lakers, thats for sure. i only think about the spurs.
second_coming32
Banned User

Post#17 » by second_coming32 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:06 am

Replace Lebron with Nash and see how well the Cavs fare out east.

Replace Nash with Lebron and see how well the Suns fare out west.

Of course you put more stock in wins then stats, you think Nash should have won the MVP over Shaq three years ago. The Heat were garbage before Shaq got there, and no it wasnt his best statistical season, but he replaced Eddie Jones, Lamar Odom, Brian Grant, Caron Butler, and whoever else and took that team to within a game of the NBA finals.

You can't say that its not about stats and then say that Shaq didn't win the MVP because it wasn't his best statistical season. Now you just sound like a Nash apologist.

And I said US suns fans because I've followed the team since the Barkley days. Just because I'm a Knicks fan doesn't mean that I don't enjoy watching the Suns. I root for the Suns, and since I live in L.A. I also root for the Lakers. I could care less who beats who, I just give objective opinions. The Suns vs. Lakers rivalry is the best thing going in the NBA right now, and so what if I post in both boards. You don't see Laker fans bashing me for posting on the Suns board (not yet anyway) or for giving props to Steve Nash. Why are you all so sensitive?
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#18 » by -SDU- » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:41 am

if nash was with the cavs out east they would win 55 games and make the conference finals at least

im sure if you only posted on the suns forum before, and then went to the lakers forum and said "us lakers really need to watch out for those suns, we need to realise that nash is way better than kobe, odom cant sniff marions balls and those suns really scare me as a lakers fan" then you would DEFINATELY get the same treatment

if youre really not a lakers fan, accept my apologies. Think about how the suns lakers rivalry has gone the last few years and perhaps you might see why were a little "sensitive" between each other

re: shaq - fact is it was nowhere near his best season AND the suns had the 3rd biggest turnaround in NBA history revolutionising basketball the way it is played in the NBA

nash 04-05 deserving MVP

its scary though to think that nash last season >>>> his first MVP season
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,344

Post#19 » by Frank Lee » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:09 am

nashill wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

yeah, we can beat lakers, thats for sure. i only think about the spurs.

This logic can only spell disaster. Come play off time, a healthy fLaker squad is almost last on my list of preferred 1st round opponents.

Gotta issue two of these...one for your comment and another for quoting SDU... :cool:

ImageImage
What ? Me Worry ?
guaves13
Veteran
And1: 3

Post#20 » by guaves13 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:12 pm

second_coming32 wrote:Replace Lebron with Nash and see how well the Cavs fare out east.

Replace Nash with Lebron and see how well the Suns fare out west.

Of course you put more stock in wins then stats, you think Nash should have won the MVP over Shaq three years ago. The Heat were garbage before Shaq got there, and no it wasnt his best statistical season, but he replaced Eddie Jones, Lamar Odom, Brian Grant, Caron Butler, and whoever else and took that team to within a game of the NBA finals.

You can't say that its not about stats and then say that Shaq didn't win the MVP because it wasn't his best statistical season. Now you just sound like a Nash apologist.

And I said US suns fans because I've followed the team since the Barkley days. Just because I'm a Knicks fan doesn't mean that I don't enjoy watching the Suns. I root for the Suns, and since I live in L.A. I also root for the Lakers. I could care less who beats who, I just give objective opinions. The Suns vs. Lakers rivalry is the best thing going in the NBA right now, and so what if I post in both boards. You don't see Laker fans bashing me for posting on the Suns board (not yet anyway) or for giving props to Steve Nash. Why are you all so sensitive?
In 04-05 Shaq was Steve's biggest competion...until he missed the last 15 games or so. People conveiniently forget that little fact. That maybe wouldn't have hurt him but Nash went nuts down the stretch and pulled away.

Return to Phoenix Suns