ImageImageImage

Free Agents...Waived/Bought out players

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Black_Apollo2.0
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#21 » by Black_Apollo2.0 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:58 pm

Arles wrote:Cassell will get 25-30 MPG with Boston. Unless Mike D wants to cut Barbs' minutes by 5-10 MPG, there's no way Sam gets more than 15-20 minutes here. And I think we all know the odds of Mike D cutting Barbs' minutes.

Thanks, but I was actually talking about money. If they give the vets minimum to Barry, what's left for Sam and is it enough to pass up the Celtics?
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#22 » by rsavaj » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:21 pm

Just dreaming here, but what would our rotation look like if we signed both?

Nash/Sammy/DJ
Bell/Barbosa
Hill/Barry/LJ
Amare/Diaw/Marks
Shaq/Skinner

That's 10 deep right there, 11 if you include DJ.
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
And1: 280

Post#23 » by Sun Scorched » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:30 pm

rsavaj wrote:Just dreaming here, but what would our rotation look like if we signed both?

Nash/Sammy/DJ
Bell/Barbosa
Hill/Barry/LJ
Amare/Diaw/Marks
Shaq/Skinner

That's 10 deep right there, 11 if you include DJ.

Having Cassell, Barbosa and Barry with Diaw in our second unit might see us maintain leads that our first unit earns... it's so crazy it just might work!
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
Arles
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Arles » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:24 pm

Black_Apollo2.0 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Thanks, but I was actually talking about money. If they give the vets minimum to Barry, what's left for Sam and is it enough to pass up the Celtics?

It doesn't matter, Sarver isn't paying more the minimum. The Suns still have their MLE (which they won't spend) and they have their trade player exception they could use to claim Cassell and his $6 mil salary off waivers without anyone else having a say.

But, none of this matters as they are not spending over the league minimum on a player.
Developer of Bowl Bound College Football
http://www.greydogsoftware.com
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#25 » by Ballings7 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:32 pm

Mr. Sun wrote:^^ I thought Sam was interested in joining a title contender? C's are not going to get past the Pistons. Lakers have no room for him. SUNS is the only team that really can use him for a title shot..

That's your prediction, not a reason why he won't go to Boston.

Even so, the Celtics are still a title contender, and it's a good possibility Cassell will go to Boston. From all indication, that is where Cassell will go. Especially considering his relationships with Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to Phoenix Suns