F:Boris Diaw
C:Brian Skinner

Starting 5:

Bench:

G:Jannero Pargo
G:Bobby Jackson
F:Melvin Ely
F:Hilton Armstrong

Bring it Chandler.. West... TRY and stop Amare!

JustMoe
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#2 » by JustMoe » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:04 pm

First, b**ches :D

Nice job on the game thread, Shzm, the Amare pic at the end is pretty cool.

I know we didn't play well against the Grizzlies, so let's hope our guys bounce back from that and finally beat the Hornets. Our games against them so far this season don't exactly make me feel too comfortable looking at the upcoming playoffs. I'm especially expecting a HUGE improvement from Raja.

GO SUNS!!!
Raptors fan through good and (mostly) bad times since 1995

2019: The year hell froze over
Shzm13
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#3 » by Shzm13 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:07 pm

Yeah i wanna see him do a way better job on Paul than last time we played.. Given we were without Marion..

Shaqs presence should keep him out of the lane a bit more (at least) than last time..

I think we pound em on the boards, outphysical them, and take this W.
Shzm13
Banned User

Post#4 » by Shzm13 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:11 pm

Im not too worried about Raja.. He usually bounces back from crappy performances.

Barbosa needs to pull his head out of his ass.. Im over his whole speedy, "beep-beep" gimmick. He needs to start hitting 3s consistently and start making smarter decisions.
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#5 » by b-ball forever » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:34 pm

Always fun to watch the top 2 PGs in the NBA goin at it, hopefully this time Nashty gets 2 show CP3 that he's still the numero uno.

Shaq usually loses gas in the 2nd game of a B2B (same w/ most the rest of our team), and Tyson can give him fits, so I don't like the look of that matchup

Amare shud pwn West, but he also needs to D him up hard (a la Garnett) or he'll get lit up as well.

Realistically we'll prolly lose (on a B2B and all), but we def have what it takes to get the W, specially if Shaq continues 2 help us win the rebs battle.

GO SUNS!
JustMoe
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by JustMoe » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:41 pm

Shzm13 wrote:Barbosa needs to pull his head out of his ass.. Im over his whole speedy, "beep-beep" gimmick. He needs to start hitting 3s consistently and start making smarter decisions.

Absolutely. I know everybody around here loves the kid, so do I. He seems to be a great guy, and some parts of his game are simply great (aka "his whole speedy, "beep-beep" gimmick" ;)), but looking at it in the long run, that's just not enough. He just has to step up his defense and start passing, especially when he's running the point, instead of just shooting the ball each time. We're seeing this all season long already, and it just has to change sooner or later.

Since he'll be playing against Paul/James/Mo-Pete for some parts of this game, I really hope he at least manages to do a decent job on the defensive end, otherwise we'll be screwed whenever Raja's on the bench. Just remember what Mo-Pete did to us last time we played against the Hornets.

asubennett
Senior
And1: 59

Post#7 » by asubennett » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:47 pm

JustMoe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Absolutely. I know everybody around here loves the kid, so do I. He seems to be a great guy, and some parts of his game are simply great (aka "his whole speedy, "beep-beep" gimmick" ;)), but looking at it in the long run, that's just not enough. He just has to step up his defense and start passing, especially when he's running the point, instead of just shooting the ball each time. We're seeing this all season long already, and it just has to change sooner or later.

Since he'll be playing against Paul/James/Mo-Pete for some parts of this game, I really hope he at least manages to do a decent job on the defensive end, otherwise we'll be screwed whenever Raja's on the bench. Just remember what Mo-Pete did to us last time we played against the Hornets.

What I dont understand about Barbosa is why he cant D someone up like Devin Harris. He has every bit of his speed straight up and down and laterally. He has long ole monkey arms. Barbosa should be a lock down defender but he isnt.

Imagine if Barbosa could lock up Paul / D Williams like Devon Harris can? We would be so much better.
2013 Suns
Band of Misfits
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#8 » by Copperhead » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:53 pm

asubennett wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What I dont understand about Barbosa is why he cant D someone up like Devin Harris. He has every bit of his speed straight up and down and laterally. He has long ole monkey arms. Barbosa should be a lock down defender but he isnt.

Imagine if Barbosa could lock up Paul / D Williams like Devon Harris can? We would be so much better.

Did you see the first two Mavs/Hornets meetings of the season? There was no locking down of anyone by Devin Harris.

Also, Bobby Jackson is no longer a Hornet. You can put a pic of either Bonzi Wells or Mike James in his spot.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#9 » by rsavaj » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:00 pm

Might wanna change the Suns starting 5 there, chief ;)
JustMoe
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by JustMoe » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:04 pm

rsavaj wrote:Might wanna change the Suns starting 5 there, chief ;)

:lol: Didn't even notice that, guess I didn't pay too much attention there.

Shzm13
Banned User

Post#11 » by Shzm13 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:14 pm

Lol, i got the stuff from the previous game vs the Hornettes.. My bad!
asubennett
Senior

Post#12 » by asubennett » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:18 pm

Copperhead wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Did you see the first two Mavs/Hornets meetings of the season? There was no locking down of anyone by Devin Harris.

Also, Bobby Jackson is no longer a Hornet. You can put a pic of either Bonzi Wells or Mike James in his spot.

Game 1 Dallas and NO:

Paul played 49 minutes in an OT game. He did score 33 points but he was 11/26 from the field. I will take those 15 misses any time when we play them. Paul also had 5 personal fouls chasing Harris around.

Game 2 Dallas and NO:

Paul played 39 minutes and was 9/21 from the field. He had 22 points and only 3 assists. Again he had 5 personal fouls.

Game 3 Dallas and NO: NO DEVIN HARRIS THIS GAME:

Jason Kidd defense time on Paul. Paul goes for 31 on 11/20 shooting from the field. Dishes out 11 dimes, nabs himself 9 steals and picks up one foul because J Kidd was not making Paul chase his ass around like Harris does.

Now, did you watch the games? Or were you just posting to post? :wink:
2013 Suns
Band of Misfits
Shzm13
Banned User

Post#13 » by Shzm13 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:22 pm

^Burn.

Also, there, i fixed it.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Copperhead » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:35 pm

Game 1 Dallas and NO:

Paul played 49 minutes in an OT game. He did score 33 points but he was 11/26 from the field. I will take those 15 misses any time when we play them. Paul also had 5 personal fouls chasing Harris around.

Game 2 Dallas and NO:

Paul played 39 minutes and was 9/21 from the field. He had 22 points and only 3 assists. Again he had 5 personal fouls.

Game 3 Dallas and NO: NO DEVIN HARRIS THIS GAME:

Jason Kidd defense time on Paul. Paul goes for 31 on 11/20 shooting from the field. Dishes out 11 dimes, nabs himself 9 steals and picks up one foul because J Kidd was not making Paul chase his ass around like Harris does.

Now, did you watch the games? Or were you just posting to post? :wink:

Of course I watched the games. Did you watch the games or did you just go run to the boxscores? :wink: I didn't mention game 3 because like you said, no Devin Harris in that game. In game 1, Devin couldn't handle Paul and kept fouling him. In game 1, Paul had 5 fouls in 48 minutes. He didn't get his first foul until the 3rd quarter. Devin got his first foul 3 minutes into the game. If you're just checking boxscores, you should go check the play by plays to find out when and how Paul got fouls. He's hardly ever in foul trouble. If he has 5 fouls, chances are some of them came down the stretch sending guys to the foul line when the games are close. You're mentioning what fg% and points that Paul had but why not mention Devin's fg% and points?

Besides, Devin isn't playing for either the Hornets or the Suns tonight so who cares? :lol:

Also let me add that I'm not saying that Harris can't lock down Paul. All I'm saying is he didn't do it the last 2 times they met. Now who knows... the Hornets still have one more meeting this season with the Nets. Maybe Harris will lock him down then.
doctaJ_92
Assistant Coach
And1: 171

Post#15 » by doctaJ_92 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:42 pm

WHY ISNT THIS GAME ON LEAGUE PASS!!!
Read on Twitter
asubennett
Senior

Post#16 » by asubennett » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:23 pm

Copperhead wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Of course I watched the games. Did you watch the games or did you just go run to the boxscores? :wink: I didn't mention game 3 because like you said, no Devin Harris in that game. In game 1, Devin couldn't handle Paul and kept fouling him. In game 1, Paul had 5 fouls in 48 minutes. He didn't get his first foul until the 3rd quarter. Devin got his first foul 3 minutes into the game. If you're just checking boxscores, you should go check the play by plays to find out when and how Paul got fouls. He's hardly ever in foul trouble. If he has 5 fouls, chances are some of them came down the stretch sending guys to the foul line when the games are close. You're mentioning what fg% and points that Paul had but why not mention Devin's fg% and points?

Besides, Devin isn't playing for either the Hornets or the Suns tonight so who cares? :lol:

Also let me add that I'm not saying that Harris can't lock down Paul. All I'm saying is he didn't do it the last 2 times they met. Now who knows... the Hornets still have one more meeting this season with the Nets. Maybe Harris will lock him down then.

I try to watch any and all compelling NBA games. Of course I didnt mention Harris FG%. I was only talking about his defense not his offense. And we are talking about them becasue you brought them up in response to me wondering why Barbosa cant play defense like Harris on the speedy PG's that so often shred Phoenix.
2013 Suns
Band of Misfits
pro2020
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#17 » by pro2020 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:32 pm

doctaJ_92 wrote:WHY ISNT THIS GAME ON LEAGUE PASS!!!

it is, it's on my League Pass digital channel TEAM8 (Time Warner), check again.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Copperhead » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:07 pm

I try to watch any and all compelling NBA games. Of course I didnt mention Harris FG%. I was only talking about his defense not his offense. And we are talking about them becasue you brought them up in response to me wondering why Barbosa cant play defense like Harris on the speedy PG's that so often shred Phoenix.

Are you sure? I didn't bring up fg% and ppg. All I said was Devin did not lock up anyone in those meetings. I stuck to the locking down defense part of the post. YOU brought up fg% and ppg. Me, sticking to the defense part of the post, then responded to YOU pointing out the fouls. You must've forgot. Go back and look and which one of us brought up which. Anyway, I'm out for the evening. Have a good day.
Suns_Fever
Banned User

Post#19 » by Suns_Fever » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:15 pm

Please for the love of God, beat this team down this one and only time we play them.
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#20 » by Mr. Sun » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:07 am

Bet Brent Barry will be watching this game closely. Suns better not screw up.

Return to Phoenix Suns