ImageImageImage

Nash is the problem

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#61 » by JohnVancouver » Thu May 1, 2008 4:07 pm

[quote="crisal06"] ....

nash on the other hand is more of the roblem than any other person on the suns. this season he's made so many turnovers. he takes bad 3s when we need to get a good shot. last night in the 3rd quarter he takes a running 3 and misses instead of waiting for his team to get back and get a quality shot in the playoffs of an elimination game when his shot has been off the whole night.

he gets stripped by horryin the 4th quarter. made a bad pass to amare in the 4 quarter. and put raja in a bad spot in the 4th quarter to make that inbound pass.

--- this is beyond stupid

nash wasnt horrible just vs the spurs, it was all season long. against the mavs, the rockets, the tiimberwolves twice, the heat, and all the other games we shoulda won if we had a real 2 time mvp that wouldnt let his team lose to teams that have the worse record in the league.

--- "a real two-time MVP"?
Nash is one of the great point guards in league history. The fact that this system has worn him down to a nub doesn't change that.
flanpaw42
Rookie
And1: 6

Post#62 » by flanpaw42 » Thu May 1, 2008 4:11 pm

BigDaddyPR wrote:This is nothing new.. Some "fans"are like this....

As a Shaq fan ive seen Magic "fans" wanting Shaq out for penny, Lakers "kobe fans"wanting Shaq out for Kobe after Shaq won the 3 straight titles, and Heat "fans" wanting Shaq traded after he made that franchise a legit one with their 1st championship, so dont be surprised by this... 2 mvp's are nothing for some "fans" specially when you compare that to what has happened to shaq... Shaq won the lakers 3 rings, won the Heat their 1st ring and took the Magic to their one and only finals and they all wanted him out at some point.. dont expect any loyalty from this kind of "fans".

Nash = Suns.... as simple as that.. he aint going nowhere....

suns fans need a new scapegoat every year. it was only a matter of time before peoples started calling for nash's head, eventhough he is, by far the least likely to go.

bunch of drama queens on this board
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU'RE TALKING TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crisal06
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#63 » by crisal06 » Thu May 1, 2008 6:07 pm

i never asked for a trade of steve nash but im saying that nash is finished as a top pg. he only won the mvp twice because of the suns record, and because he was the major reason why they had that record other than d'antoni. but no way does jordan let his teams lose to the worse teams in the league, or go out like suckers in the playoffs. jordan would never have a game like nash did if he was in an elimination game. and u can say the same for bird, magic, kareem, or any other mvp thats ever played the game.

nash and nowitizki are the only mvps of the league that have no heart, and no emotion. they arent leaders, and to me an mvp is a leader on the court with emotion, skill, and effort, motivation, and biting teammates heads off (amare, barbosa, diaw) for not playing to their fullest capacity and their hardest on both ends of the court every night.

this is why nash is not a real mvp. hes a new age mvp where having the best record or the biggest turnaround, or the most sales wins you mvp.

nash isnt the only problem on the suns, but he is the biggest problem i said. hes the biggest problem because nobody talks about his faults and how he loses games for us so he'll never change it and nothing will ever change
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#64 » by rsavaj » Thu May 1, 2008 6:20 pm

crisal06 wrote:i never asked for a trade of steve nash but im saying that nash is finished as a top pg. he only won the mvp twice because of the suns record, and because he was the major reason why they had that record other than d'antoni. but no way does jordan let his teams lose to the worse teams in the league, or go out like suckers in the playoffs. jordan would never have a game like nash did if he was in an elimination game. and u can say the same for bird, magic, kareem, or any other mvp thats ever played the game.

nash and nowitizki are the only mvps of the league that have no heart, and no emotion. they arent leaders, and to me an mvp is a leader on the court with emotion, skill, and effort, motivation, and biting teammates heads off (amare, barbosa, diaw) for not playing to their fullest capacity and their hardest on both ends of the court every night.

this is why nash is not a real mvp. hes a new age mvp where having the best record or the biggest turnaround, or the most sales wins you mvp.

nash isnt the only problem on the suns, but he is the biggest problem i said. hes the biggest problem because nobody talks about his faults and how he loses games for us so he'll never change it and nothing will ever change

Are you serious? Have you even attempted to watch a single Suns game aside from Game 5? :nonono: :nonono: :banghead: :banghead:
albasuna
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#65 » by albasuna » Thu May 1, 2008 8:06 pm

Crisal......... you can't be serious! Nash has no heart?!!?!!? HE IS A DAMN WARRIOR! We should just lock this thread up because the nash bashing is just uncalled for. Comeon, people are bashing nash because he isn't michael jordan srsly wtf!
flanpaw42
Rookie
And1: 6

Post#66 » by flanpaw42 » Thu May 1, 2008 8:24 pm

crisal06 wrote:i never asked for a trade of steve nash but im saying that nash is finished as a top pg. he only won the mvp twice because of the suns record, and because he was the major reason why they had that record other than d'antoni. but no way does jordan let his teams lose to the worse teams in the league, or go out like suckers in the playoffs. jordan would never have a game like nash did if he was in an elimination game. and u can say the same for bird, magic, kareem, or any other mvp thats ever played the game.

i just cant believe what you wrote. it is as if you woke up this morning, turned on the tv and watched one game where nash was sick as a dog, and then decided to make a broad generalization for his entire career. please do yourself a favor and never write anything again. it is obvious you are clueless.
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU'RE TALKING TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#67 » by rsavaj » Thu May 1, 2008 11:04 pm

I definitely DON'T think Nash is the problem, but I have been thinking....if we're going to get a new coach, and completely change our offensive philosophy and turn it into a halfcourt, grind it out type of offense, maybe we are better suited to trading Nash, since he flourishes in the high-flying D'Antoni offense that we used to run.

Not saying that I WANT to trade him, I'm just saying that if we're completely changing course, we might want to just decide to go ahead and rebuild.

^^Please don't kill me
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,239

Post#68 » by Frank Lee » Fri May 2, 2008 12:46 am

Ha Nash buries that wide open three from the top of the key and yall would be in line for some Canadian Bacon. Poor Bstard has one of his worst games I've witnessed all yr and could have remedied it all with one shot.

Yeah, I know....MVP blah blah blah. I could give a rats rear about that award, much like Nash.

Bottom line, we f'n hold it together in the last 2 minutes, game 6 would be on.

I really don't know what to think about next yr....but I'd bet, any changes will be motivated by budget as much as basketball.

What ? Me Worry ?
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#69 » by nevetsov » Fri May 2, 2008 3:51 am

rsavaj wrote:....if we're going to get a new coach, and completely change our offensive philosophy and turn it into a halfcourt, grind it out type of offense, maybe we are better suited to trading Nash, since he flourishes in the high-flying D'Antoni offense that we used to run.

Not saying that I WANT to trade him, I'm just saying that if we're completely changing course, we might want to just decide to go ahead and rebuild.

^^Please don't kill me

You kow, I tend to agree with you. Never in a million years would I want to trade a guy that has done so much for this organisation, he's single handedly turned the franchise around and carried us the past few years. But it seems like the direction in which the team is moving (acquisiton of Shaq, POSSIBLE coaching change etc) shys away from Nash's individual strengths and makes his weaknesses (as few as there are) more apparent.

If D'Antoni does go, and Kerr does hire a puppet to do his bidding, I think we'll make the shift towards letting Diaw be our primary playmaker, from the post. He's stepped it up during the playoffs and I think the coaching staff realise they need to start utilising him in that fashion. This will make the need for an "All Star", do it all PG less of a requirement (easier to find one that fits, also better for the payroll).

In this instance, as much as I hate to say it, a trade of something like Nash+O'Neal for Iverson+Camby might be beneficial for the team.

Iverson can hit the three ball from a Diaw pass, he can attack the rim, and also capably run the offense as a second playmaking option. He is a better on ball defender as well.

Camby gives us a leaner, more athletic centre and would work nicely in tandem with a resigned Skinner, who has the size to body up the wider centres.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#70 » by Chubby Chaser » Fri May 2, 2008 4:21 am

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: I'm glad you guys are finally starting to see the light. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,309

Post#71 » by enigmatics » Fri May 2, 2008 4:34 am

Chubby Chaser wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: I'm glad you guys are finally starting to see the light. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Who's "you guys" ????? So far only Crisol has joined your Church for Latter Day Lunacy.
crisal06
Ballboy

Post#72 » by crisal06 » Fri May 2, 2008 5:45 am

1st of all i been a suns fan since 93 and this year and last i watched every single suns game. you cant tell me i dont watch the games except game 5. i have never seen nash get on any of his teammates for their lack of effort. all he does is talk to the media about guys need to step up but never says names.

its time that every suns fan realize that nash is not the god of the suns. he had his best years as a sun but he is not the best to ever play as a sun. rather have kj anyday over nash. if we had a pg like kj, who to me is just like cp3, with the teams we had over the years, we would have been to the finals.

i dont understand how you guys praise nash so much, when he always chooses to have bad games when we need him most. last year vs the spurs he did the same thing. yes he made a nice pass last year to amare vs the spurs. but fact of the matter is, this year it was very evident that his time is up. his passes are not crisp any more. his handle is look more and more suspect each game. i dont watch a lot of other teams play all the time, but i've never seen a pg get stripped off the dribble as much as nash does.

bottom line for pg's: kj played D, stockton played D, isiah played D, even mark jackson played D, payton played D, baron davis plays D, cp3 plays D. nash takes charges. thats not gettin it done. thats not mvp material right there. name me one mvp that was great offensively, but one of the worst in the league defensively. how can you call your self mvp of the league but yet every pg wants to take advantage of your lack of defense?

nash is an above average pg and great for the team for his age but suns need to start developing a pg to replace him soon b/c his decline started this season.

ridnour has the best potential to be nash esque during his prime with better d. another good pg to look at is marcus williams of nj, sessions will be a fa, i like louis wiliams of philly, jack is nice, and kyle lowry. if we could get one of those pg's to replace nash for the future the suns will be ok. plus all those guys play d.
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#73 » by nashill » Fri May 2, 2008 2:59 pm

STAT is the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.
dantian
Starter
And1: 27

Post#74 » by dantian » Sun May 4, 2008 7:49 am

Nash was part of the problem.

The problem however is how DA uses Nash given this roster and how elite defensive teams like Spurs, NO, Pistons know how to turn Nash into a turnover machine on offense and easy target on defense to get their own confidence up.

In this particular series, I had the impression that Suns would have had better chances to win if Nash had played less.

Get rid of DA. Have Nash play like Stockton did later in his career. He could be an asset again.

Return to Phoenix Suns