ImageImageImage

Boris Diaw

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

ray ray
Sixth Man
And1: 762

Boris Diaw 

Post#1 » by ray ray » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:40 am

I dont know if anybody has notice but it seems like Boris Diaw has finally grown some gahunes. Boirs looks more assertive and his jump shot has improve immensly since last year. He's even made more three pointers this year. I really think that beside Shaq, Boris is our second best post player. At times I wish that he would dunk on people becouse we all know that he is capable of doing that. He is not going score 15 ppg but if he average 10 ppg, 6 rbg and 5 apg coming from the bench that is going to only help the Suns bench.

Today he had 9 points 4 rebounds and 3 assists, plus he play some solid defensive on Solomon at the end of the game. We need to utilize him more in the post when we sit Shaq. I know that I might get blasted but some of you but I do believe that Diaw is our top 4 best player in this team. Amare, Steve, Shaq then Boris. He can shoot, rebound, play solid defensive, can post up, can take bigger guys to the hoop and now he can spot up from beyond the arc.

Should we start Diaw?

What do you guys think?
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Re: Boris Diaw 

Post#2 » by rsavaj » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:47 am

I like starting Boris, especially if it means more Sweet Lou
KJ7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#3 » by KJ7 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:41 pm

I don't understand why you would want to start our 2 best post players? Surely they would be better suited to *not* playing together. Especially when Shaq is the other post-up player. He's just gonna clog the lane for Diaw when we wanna utilise him down low.

I've always thought Diaw is a fantastic post-up player. Nash is the best person to pair him with. A simple PnR, get Diaw on a mis-match and get him to abuse the smaller player. That's always worked well for us in the past. The frustration is where Diaw plays with the back-up PG and he doesn't find him down low after the switch.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,690

Post#4 » by lilfishi22 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:39 pm

Diaw is an excellent post player and when he's paired up with Nash, he's always knows where to go. A lot of times I see him PnR with Nash but not necessarily straight to the rim, but he sets up a nice post position where he abuses smaller guards and all the guards can do is foul. It's great to see Boris taking a trip to the Balls Farm and picking up a pair as a souvenir. Part of our success this season rest in the return to form of Diaw. If he continues this, we'll be a very good team.

I actually do like it when Diaw plays PG with Amare in the game, Diaw always seem to be able to find Amare and get him the ball when he's wide open.

I think we need a solid post up guy in our 2nd unit, gives us more options with our bench players and since he can run the floor so well for a big man, we can play a fast game or a slow game regardless even if Shaq's out.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,534

Post#5 » by Stix » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:44 pm

Start him, get his stats up... then Trade him for better pieces.

Return to Phoenix Suns