Vescey: Raja Wasn't Listening to Porter

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

The Diesel
Veteran
And1: 0

Vescey: Raja Wasn't Listening to Porter 

Post#1 » by The Diesel » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:50 pm

Hey guys,

Peter Vescey wrote a really good column today regarding the problems in Phoenix and reveals some pretty interesting information.

Here is part of the article followed by the link to the full article.

"Raja refused to listen to Terry during practice," a source contends, "and when the two did communicate it wasn't pretty. Raja also bad mouthed Terry's system to the media, and he isn't the only one not fond of Porter's system."

Apparently several players still in place feel Porter came in thinking he was coaching the Pistons, who choose relatively unprocessed assistant Michael Curry over his more trained bench counterpart. Nash went so far as to disapprove of Porter's run-off-turnovers-only edict during an impromptu, TV interview during a recent game break. If he did that in public, think how bad things must've been behind the screens.

"Considering the players on hand, I think Kerr made a big mistake bringing in Porter," the same source submits. "Terry had been with the defensive-oriented, slower-paced Pistons the last couple seasons. Kerr should have taken a closer look at Dan Majerle, Eddie Johnson and Tom Chambers, who know the team's personnel intimately, expressly since he already had a coach on the floor in Nash."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8938184/Trade-will-be-beginning-of-good-things-for-Phoenix

Thoughts on the article?
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Re: Vescey: Raja Wasn't Listening to Porter 

Post#2 » by MaryvalesFinest » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:17 pm

I guess Nash is probally the next one to go. Hopefully the Suns could get something for him instead of just letting him walk.
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#3 » by -SDU- » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:19 pm

and im guessing this same source hasnt noticed that porter has relinquished control to steve nash over the last 4 games and we are back to running again like we were before?

were seeing the suns take shots that they wouldnt have dreamed of early in the season - porter has adjusted accordingly - and that to me is a great sign that he is willing to listen to the players
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#4 » by Mr. Sun » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:10 am

I'm going to cut TP some slack. EVERYONE was bitchin' and moaning about lack of defense under Dan Toni. TP just needs to get the balance right.
GaliSun
Junior

Post#5 » by GaliSun » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:30 am

-SDU- wrote:and im guessing this same source hasnt noticed that porter has relinquished control to steve nash over the last 4 games and we are back to running again like we were before?

were seeing the suns take shots that they wouldnt have dreamed of early in the season - porter has adjusted accordingly - and that to me is a great sign that he is willing to listen to the players

Agree. It seems Porter is adjusting, or at least freeing schemes a bit. That gives him some more time to prove doubters wrong.
I hope he and the big boys in the locker room get on the same page before everithing implodes.
Sandra
Sophomore

Post#6 » by Sandra » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:12 am

So, we now have no defense, a 7-man rotation (six when Shaq's out, which is often the case), and no backup PF/C?
Thank God we have D'Antoni, the only coach in the league capable of holding such a situation
Wait... Coach D is gone, and now we have an apprentice who is just learning how to coach an NBA team
Great job, Mr Kerr. Great job
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,308

Post#7 » by enigmatics » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:25 am

I was calling for Eddie Johnson's name ever since the day we found out Whaaaaaa'ntoni wanted out. I still think he'd be perfect for the job.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,308

Post#8 » by enigmatics » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:28 am

Sandra wrote:So, we now have no defense, a 7-man rotation (six when Shaq's out, which is often the case), and no backup PF/C?
Thank God we have D'Antoni, the only coach in the league capable of holding such a situation
Wait... Coach D is gone, and now we have an apprentice who is just learning how to coach an NBA team
Great job, Mr Kerr. Great job

Huh?

Back off the ledge. You mean Lopez isn't a backup C/PF? Most definitely a center my friend. We run out there Nash, Richardson, Hill, Amare, Shaq, Barnes, Amundson, Lopez, Barbosa, and Dragic. Let's turn back the clock and do so old elementary math here - that makes 10 players.
Sandra
Sophomore

Post#9 » by Sandra » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:45 am

Lopez and Dragic are players? LOL
Amundson is OK, I guess. I liked Sean Marks better, though
Purple Palace
Rookie
And1: 4

Post#10 » by Purple Palace » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:52 am

Sandra wrote:Lopez and Dragic are players? LOL

You liked Marks better than Amundson? :lol:
GaliSun
Junior

Post#11 » by GaliSun » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:53 am

Sandra wrote:Lopez and Dragic are players? LOL

LOL?
Lopez and Dragic are rookies,they're not the main problem or the ones to blame.

And Amundson brings a bit of what this team needs, a banger down low, and not a jumpshooting PF, paint and contact allergic.
Sandra
Sophomore

Post#12 » by Sandra » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:58 am

You liked Marks better than Amundson?

His looks, yes. Neither is my type, though
wdrummel
Senior
And1: 13

Post#13 » by wdrummel » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:41 am

Must be some some fetish relating to your childhood and Willy Wonka? I watched Kiwi against the Celtics the other night and he is just awful. :lol:
Purple Palace
Rookie
And1: 4

Post#14 » by Purple Palace » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:48 am

Sandra wrote:
You liked Marks better than Amundson?

His looks, yes. Neither is my type, though

I thought you were talking about their games on the court, not their looks. :roll:
Sandra
Sophomore

Post#15 » by Sandra » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:32 am

I just don't think their games on court are worth mentioning. All those guys are only good for garbage minutes, IMO
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#16 » by WTFsunsFTW » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:29 am

Amudson does exactly what he is supposed to do and then some.

Return to Phoenix Suns