Re: Amare Trade Thread / Suns trades II 

Post#2 » by realsunsfan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:19 am

hopefully dbdynasty finds this one.
SUNSARETHEBEST
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by SUNSARETHEBEST » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:20 am

Incase anyone missed this in the other thread I don't know how reliable this rumour is but it's said to be Amar'e Stoudemire and Matt Barnes to the Pistons for Rasheed Wallace, Amir Johnson and a first round draft pick.

http://www.need4sheed.com/forum/index.php?topic=3487.0

This seems like a move Suns management would make sadly...
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#4 » by TASTIC » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:20 am

I'm sure he will...Doubt this one gets near 100 pages though

phew...Nice work everyone haha
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#5 » by JohnVancouver » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:20 am

TASTIC wrote:All goes here thanks fellas

---- it's everything they said they wanted - expiring, young, draft pick

This deal if it happens will confirm my worst expectations of the FO
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
RandomVillain
Junior
And1: 15

Post#6 » by RandomVillain » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:21 am

I gotta say. I wouldn't mind seeing Rasheed in a Suns jersey. I've always been a fan, even from back in his Blazer days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWFauIAvHZI
sunsfolife
Junior
And1: 20

Post#7 » by sunsfolife » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:21 am

said it once so gonna say it again.
only pistons deal id make is stuckey-sheed for stat-barnes.
realsunsfan
Rookie
And1: 132

Post#8 » by realsunsfan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:23 am

Sheed leaves after this year and all we are left with is Stuckey ??? No where near enough for Amare even with Amir
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#9 » by Mr. Sun » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:26 am

Latest from Coro:

Suns forward Grant Hill will guard James.

"Great," Hill said, feigning pain. "Oh, my ankle hurts."

Distractions persist thanks to Stoudemire trade talk. Offers for the Suns forward have been frequent but not overwhelming. No deal has come close to fruition, and some have speculated that the NBA has told the Suns not to make trades until after Stoudemire starts in Sunday's All-Star Game.

Chicago and Sacramento remain in play for Stoudemire, with Houston joining the group of teams that could offer expiring contracts, young players and/or draft picks.

Any move would have to provide hefty financial relief for a club facing a luxury tax, a potentially shorter postseason (if any) and a likely steep drop in season-ticket renewals because of the team's performance and the economy.

"I hear everything," Stoudemire said. "I definitely know what's going on. I would love to stay and be a Phoenix Sun, but that's not my decision.

So its Houston the other unnamed team!
sunsfolife
Junior

Post#10 » by sunsfolife » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:30 am

Sacramento?
never heard them in the mix.
Would be interested what Rockets could offer.
ruiner
Sixth Man
And1: 149

Post#11 » by ruiner » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:30 am

I swear to God they better not do that Pistons trade.
rokim99
Ballboy

Post#12 » by rokim99 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:36 am

on Shane of Channel 7 WXYZ had an interview with Phoenix Suns center Amare Stoudemire and Amare talked about the Suns-Pistons rumors.

February 8, WXYZ: Amare Stoudemire: I love Detroit. It's a beautiful city, the fans are phenomenal, but you never know what's gonna happen. You know, it's really out of my hands right now and what I'm focused on is the game tonight.

Don Shane: Do you think something could happen quickly?

Amare Stoudemire: I'm not sure. I'm really not sure. I think they're trying to figure something out, but I'm not sure how fast it's gonna work, when it's gonna work or if it's gonna even work, so, like I said, my job is to come out and play as hard as I can and try to get this win tonight.

Don Shane: How much would you enjoy coming to play for Joe Dumars and an organization that has such a good reputation?

Amare Stoudemire: It would be phenomenal. I think the fans here have been probably the top fans in the world since I've been in the NBA. They're always cheering their team on and every time we come here, their always loud and rowdy, so it would be fun to play here.

Fans can wonder why a team would want to trade a talent like Amare Stoudemire and if a trade to Detroit could really happen. Well, it can. The Phoenix Suns are a team that is known for shedding salary, whether by trading known assets or first-round draft picks, for financial reasons. The Suns could have matched the offer for Joe Johnson but chose not to for financial reasons, and they traded away several of the draft picks they obtained via trades for cash.

Stay tuned ...
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#13 » by Jordan45822 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:38 am

sunsfolife wrote:Sacramento?
never heard them in the mix.
Would be interested what Rockets could offer.

I would guess Artest and Scola or Landry
rokim99
Ballboy

Post#14 » by rokim99 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:38 am

Time for your morning roundup of all the rumors surrounding Amare Stoudemire. Depending on which city you listen to Amare is destine to wind up anywhere from Detroit to Oakland to Chicago.

In Detroit the Rumor is Amare for a package of Rasheed Wallace, (fill in the blank young forward who is under achieving) and a first round pick.

Detroit In The Mix: The Pistons are in the mix for Stoudemire, their offer is said to be built around the ending contract of Rasheed Wallace and likely Amir Johnson. Much like the Bulls reported offer, this deal does give the Suns what they said they wanted, and that’s future flexibility and enough talent to compete for homecourt. Say what you will about Rasheed Wallace the person, Rasheed Wallace the player could bring the grit and toughness defensively the Suns are missing, and Amir Johnson is an exceptional future talent. Terry Porter’s familiarity with Wallace certainly would make the transition easier. If the Pistons put a first round draft pick in the mix, that might be the best deal for the Suns’ defined goals of flexibility and a first round playoff berth this season. Can the Suns squeeze a little more talent out of the deal remains to be seen. Pistons sources said Joe Dumars is not really engaging in talks about possible deals around the team, but the source said Joe tends not to be chatty when he’s working on a deal. [HoopsWorld]

As the NBA trade deadline approaches, there’s been more and more talk about Phoenix Suns forward Ama’re Stoudemire packing his bags for the Motor City. Sources close to PASPN.net have the Pistons sending forwards Rasheed Wallace, Amir Johnson and a future first round draft pick to the Suns in exchange for Stoudemire and Matt Barnes. Ama’re, in a one-on-one interview with Don Shane of WXYZ-TV Detroit this past Sunday said he would love to play in Detroit. [PASPN.net]

Maybe this should tell the rest of the league something. Former Suns GM Bryan Colangelo does seem to think there is a fit for Amare in Toronto.

A source said there was “No chance. Zero” that Stoudemire wound end up with the Raptors. The player the Raptors want to move, Jermaine O’Neal, has another $23 million year left on his contract. That doesn’t fit with Phoenix’s desire to shed salaries. And the Raptors don’t want to trade the player who would be the best hope for the Suns to rebuild, Chris Bosh, until they are absolutely forced to. Toronto doesn’t think that moment has arrived yet. [ESPN.com]

Can you scratch the Nets and Heat off the list?

The Miami HEAT and the New Jersey Nets seem to be out of the running for Stoudemire. The HEAT’s offer was said to include sending Shawn Marion’s ending deal and Michael Beasley along with a future first round draft pick, but the deal would have required Phoenix to send as many as four other players to Miami to make the deal work under the cap. The Suns also did not view Marion or Beasley as guys that can insure home court, taking the HEAT out of the race. The Nets offer was said to include the ending contract of Stromile Swift along with Yi Jianlian, Ryan Anderson and a first round draft pick. Again, not enough talent to insure home court in April for the Suns. Both teams’ offers are still on the table according to a source familiar with the talks, meaning should other talks fall through the Suns always have the option of coming back, but the odds the HEAT or Nets land Amar’e looks pretty slim today. [HoopsWorld.com]

The chatter on Monday, though, suggested the Suns aren’t convinced Beasley would fit into their offensive system and they don’t want to take back Marion, even for less than half a season. Marion has a $17 million expiring contract and was sent to Miami for Shaquille O’Neal a year ago. [DailyHearald.com]

Chicago’s package of players doesn’t look too bad but is it the right pieces to rebuild the Suns?

The Chicago Bulls might have the pieces for a deal, it now comes down does Chicago really want to make a deal? Sources near the Bulls said they are still not sold that landing Amar’e makes them a better basketball team now or in the future. It seems some of the waffling revolves around Tyrus Thomas who over the past week has averaged better than 15 points per game, and has a double-double or close to it, in his last 7 games. The Bulls’ discussions for Stoudemire are said to include Thabo Sefolosha, the ending contracts of Drew Gooden and Cedric Simmons and Thomas. It seems that this may be the deal that gets it done from Phoenix’s point of view, but Bulls sources said neither Bulls’ GM John Paxson or Vinny Del Negro have agreed that this deal works for the Bulls. The belief is this thing will not get resolved before the All-Star break, and that the Bulls want to “sleep on it” for a few days. [HoopsWorld.com]

It appears the Suns are open to a package of Thomas, Thabo Sefolosha, Drew Gooden, Cedric Simmons and undetermined draft picks for Stoudemire. One question now is whether better offers will come at the Suns in the days leading up to the Feb. 19 trade deadline. [DailyHearald.com]

Don’t expect the Sacramento Kings to really make much a move for Stoudemire.

As the Kings begin a Texas two-step tonight against Dallas and Wednesday against Houston, sources within the league and close to the Kings continue to indicate they will try to make at least one trade before the deadline. Although a move for Amare Stoudemire isn’t likely, two league sources said the Kings have inquired numerous times about the Phoenix forward and soon-to-be four-time All-Star this week.

The Suns reportedly seek potent young players, draft picks and expiring contracts in a deal for Stoudemire, whose contract includes $15.1 million this season, $16.4 million next season and a player option for 2010-11 worth $17.7 million. That likely rules out the Kings from the equation.

While the Kings have expiring deals (Bobby Jackson at $6.5 million, Mikki Moore at $5.8 million with $2 million guaranteed next season if he is waived by June 20, Shelden Williams at $3.3 million and Quincy Douby at $1.4 million), they aren’t eager to give up young players such as rookie forward Jason Thompson and are even less eager to relinquish draft picks, of which they have two first-rounders come June.

They also do not appear willing to include shooting guard Kevin Martin in trade discussions, all of which limits their ability to satisfy Suns general manager Steve Kerr. Although swingman John Salmons ($10.5 million combined this season and next with a player option for 2010-11 worth $5.8 million) could be a possibility for the Suns, a preference for returning to their up-tempo ways could rule out a move involving center Brad Miller. [SacBee.com]
SSOL
Bench Warmer
And1: 436

Post#15 » by SSOL » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:40 am

Wow, so many conflicting reports. People keep saying Detroit is alive while Gambo shut that down, and he has been known to have sources. I'll wait for DB before I believe anything. I do believe the league told the Suns not to deal before the All-Star game.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#16 » by TASTIC » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:40 am

^Thats kinda old info...
Gorilla Warfare
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,323

Post#17 » by Gorilla Warfare » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:40 am

They were just saying on ESPN that Houston would build a trade around Artest. Not related to Amare, just saying that they were weighing their options with teams that would include an Artest package, so if they have offered anything to the Suns it WILL include Artest.
sunsfolife
Junior

Post#18 » by sunsfolife » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:42 am

What if Amare IS traded to the East before the ASG?
Would he play for the team?
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,612

Post#19 » by schnakenpopanz » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:43 am

sorry quick question: stuckey hurt? is that true. i read something like that on the bulls/pistons conversation on espn. if thats true it will change things.
free steve nash!
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#20 » by SportsWorld » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:44 am

Tyrus/Noah looked amazing tonight. They led the Bulls back from 15 down in the 4th quarter.

Return to Phoenix Suns