The OFFICIAL Khamzat Chimaev BORZ BROZ HYPE THREAD

Moderator: lilfishi22

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Re: The OFFICIAL Khamzat Chimaev BORZ BROZ HYPE THREAD 

Post#81 » by Dupp » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:46 pm

He’s wrasslin Hermansson today. Looked bigger than him in the weighing. Dudes huge for a welterweight
Dupp
RealGM

Post#82 » by Dupp » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:41 pm

8-0 Khamzat, the myth lives on.

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#83 » by Susan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:23 am

Hermansson stood no chance.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#84 » by Dupp » Thu Dec 9, 2021 1:43 am

Magny was on the mma hour was today and mainly talked about Khamzat. How he’s been trying to get that fight forever, gone directly to ufc multiple times and nothing. Meanwhile Dana saying no one will take the fight. Must be annoying.

Also said he tried to get belal and burns fight. Belal got wonder boy and apparently magny and burns even pmd about it but were told magny was too low ranked for burns. 5 spots... same difference between belal and wonder boy.

But anyway I hope this fight happens. Makes the most sense. They both want it and he’s ranked 7, natural stepping stone to the top 5.
Susan
RealGM

Post#85 » by Susan » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:37 pm

Dupp wrote:Magny was on the mma hour was today and mainly talked about Khamzat. How he’s been trying to get that fight forever, gone directly to ufc multiple times and nothing. Meanwhile Dana saying no one will take the fight. Must be annoying.

Also said he tried to get belal and burns fight. Belal got wonder boy and apparently magny and burns even pmd about it but were told magny was too low ranked for burns. 5 spots... same difference between belal and wonder boy.

But anyway I hope this fight happens. Makes the most sense. They both want it and he’s ranked 7, natural stepping stone to the top 5.

The way Chael and Ariel talked about this 170 situation (Borz, Magny and then Edwards/Usman) I kinda think there's something funny going on and they might be trying to do something with Borz/Usman - could be tinfoil hat stuff though.

He'd run straight through Magny - the way Chiesa/Maia grapple **** him, Borz would be like a knife through butter. Literally no point to making that fight - I want to see him tested and either one of the Brazilians will do.

Still feels like Jon Jones' come up where he's just on another level than everybody else and the person who's going to test him isn't even on the roster yet. Good thing about this kid is he's willing to go up and push himself - Jones was perfectly fine with beating the crap out of 205ers and being a degenerate in his off time and he really stopped developing as a fighter because of it.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#86 » by REDDzone » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:37 pm

^^ Who are the two Brazilians you are referencing?

I agree, no interest at all in Magny. We've seen that movie.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#87 » by Dupp » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:09 pm

He’s talking bout luque and burns...

Those fights don’t make sense for those guys though. Luque isn’t taking that fight. He’s chasing nate.. and bates chasing him but ufc suck. I do believe burns was genuine in fighting Khamzat but he’s Ali’s little bitch and Ali wouldn’t allot it. At least that’s what I believe because now burns isn’t interested.

That’s why this magny fight makes sense. Eat him and he shoots up to number 7. The fight could have easily happened already and we’d be passed this point but I dunno ufc or maybe Khamzats manager playing avoiding it.

Khamzat wanted to fight again, as always and magny was scheduled December 18 and was trying to get re booked. Perfect opportunity but nothing happening.

I do agree Khamzat eats him alive and it’s probably more interesting for a fan to see the Brazilians lose their souls to him but that’s not how thing work. Rankings / politics all very prominent.

Still, just book the **** guy.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#88 » by Headliner » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:53 pm

Sounds like it’s Burns!
Solid fight, major jump up in competition though.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#89 » by Dupp » Sun Jan 9, 2022 5:31 am

They agreed via dm and Chimaev shared it. Nothing from the ufc yet though…
Dupp
RealGM

Post#90 » by Dupp » Sun Jan 9, 2022 5:31 am

And btw he’s absolutely gonna smoke burns and burns is a monster.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#91 » by REDDzone » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:50 pm

He will dwarf Burns.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM

Post#92 » by Susan » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:55 am

He ran through Till like a knife through butter. The body language from each guy is extremely telling.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#93 » by Dupp » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:59 am

The Till Chimaev love story is beautiful. Him calling Till a fat boy was great.

To be fair to Till, he looks out of shape and trying to get in shape where as Chimaev is just an animal already in peak shape.

Not long ago Gustafsson was saying in his prime he trained 2-3 times a day like crazy and no one trained like him but Chimaev trains way more than he ever did. Daid hes in the gym up to 5 times a day and he does nothing else. Obviously we dont know whats true and not but even with exaggerations hes clearly a beast.

Just announce the fight already ffs.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#94 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:10 pm

5x/day is the Tito standard, bro...on a rest day.

But honestly, what could you be doing 5x a day? Wrestle, strike, weights, run, and spar? It's not happening.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#95 » by Dupp » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:09 pm

Morning - Smesh
Brunch- Smesh
Lunch- Smesh
Evening - Smesh
Night- Smesh
Dupp
RealGM

Post#96 » by Dupp » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:42 pm

Part 2 of the greatest love story of this generation

;feature=youtu.be
Susan
RealGM

Post#97 » by Susan » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:23 pm

Dupp wrote:Part 2 of the greatest love story of this generation

;feature=youtu.be

Till very much seems to be at a crossroads in his career right now. He's gotta break that habit of ballooning up like that but changing up camps and going to All Star would be incredible for him long term. Khazmat is a destroyer but he does seem to care about his teammates and Till would benefit greatly from having Chimaev as his main training partner.

Really good vibes from the coaches/fellow fighters there as well.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#98 » by Dupp » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:17 am

Till is certainly is at a crossroads but he has humility and can put ego aside. He knows where he’s at and he’s trying to change.

With him ballooning up. Dudes had major injury after major injury. Off the top of my head he’s blown his knee out twice and broke his collar bone in last 2 years plus some other stuff.

He needs to get healthy and stop taking fights when he’s not at 95% healthy. His acl was gone going into Brunson fight and you could tell he looked out of shape.

Hopefully he gets it together and gets healthy. 2 good wins and Izzy will fight Him.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#99 » by REDDzone » Tue Mar 1, 2022 2:48 pm

Has Till ever really been good? Yea he beat Cowboy (they looked two weight classes apart) and Rogan went on that long rant saying he's just a different level than other strikers and all that which really hyped him up. He also had a good win vs Kelvin. Otherwise I don't think he's ever beaten anyone I've heard of.

I think a big factor in this is that I think Thompson beat him soundly. Looking now, Media Scorecards seem to back up that opinion.
Susan
RealGM

Post#100 » by Susan » Tue Mar 1, 2022 5:19 pm

REDDzone wrote:Has Till ever really been good? Yea he beat Cowboy (they looked two weight classes apart) and Rogan went on that long rant saying he's just a different level than other strikers and all that which really hyped him up. He also had a good win vs Kelvin. Otherwise I don't think he's ever beaten anyone I've heard of.

I think a big factor in this is that I think Thompson beat him soundly. Looking now, Media Scorecards seem to back up that opinion.

He was razor close against Bobby Knuckles and he faced/beat Kelvin after that really close fight against Izzy. He's right there against really freaking good fighters with a clear issue with his grappling.

He could be a dude who levels up again if he had a change of scenery.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts