The OFFICIAL Paul Brothers Boxing Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,483

Re: The OFFICIAL Paul Brothers Boxing Thread 

Post#101 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:25 pm

He's not trolling boxers. He probably knows better. He's not even mocking other boxing promotions, AFAIK.

There is no competitive intrigue there either, we all know what happens if he gets in there with any LHW boxer with anything close to a name.

That said, did boxers try to step to him after he knocked out that basketball player?
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,131

Post#102 » by REDDzone » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:27 pm

It's just hilarious to me how thirsty mma fighters are. Oh, and sad.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,392

Post#103 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:35 pm

REDDzone wrote:Question, is the boxing world also wrapped around this dude's little finger? Or is it just the mma world?

Floyd is fighting his brother. But either than that, Jake Paul runs into a few issues with the boxing community. First of all I think even he knows that he would get absolutely worked by a pro boxer. The other issue is, can anyone name a Cruiserweight boxer? There are no famous Cruiserweight boxers. So MMA has the far more famous fighers and he has a much better chance at beating them, especially if he continues to call out old retired MMA fighters that were primarily grapplers.

Plus MMA fighters will bite for anything as well.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#104 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:01 pm

He's not really a cruiserweight. CW max is 200 lbs. He's a LHW. Which means...Beterbiev.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#105 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:03 pm

Also, Gassiev is a CW...and the most frightening puncher in the sport p4p. Look up that man's highlights.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 949

Post#106 » by aggerrard » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:06 am

REDDzone wrote:I did not watch this, but figured I'd post for Susan:

Said something that made sense tbh. He can't compete with boxers - hence why he's challenging MMA-guys. More similar experience.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#107 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:22 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Question, is the boxing world also wrapped around this dude's little finger? Or is it just the mma world?

Floyd is fighting his brother. But either than that, Jake Paul runs into a few issues with the boxing community. First of all I think even he knows that he would get absolutely worked by a pro boxer. The other issue is, can anyone name a Cruiserweight boxer? There are no famous Cruiserweight boxers. So MMA has the far more famous fighers and he has a much better chance at beating them, especially if he continues to call out old retired MMA fighters that were primarily grapplers.

Plus MMA fighters will bite for anything as well.

If you don't know, now you know. The best puncher in all of boxing:

That body work is unholy.

It's a cultural crime that this guy can't get fights. No one is willing to fight him. But he is too small to blow up to HW (like Usyk).

Anyways, it's fun to imagine Jake Paul in there with this guy.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 3,770

Post#108 » by cdubbz » Sun May 2, 2021 3:08 am

cowboyronnie wrote:He's not trolling boxers. He probably knows better. He's not even mocking other boxing promotions, AFAIK.

There is no competitive intrigue there either, we all know what happens if he gets in there with any LHW boxer with anything close to a name.

That said, did boxers try to step to him after he knocked out that basketball player?

I think of the boxing community was smart all the pro boxers would call Jake Paul out publicly and do it often. Use social media to call him out, call him a coward if he refuses, tell him he’s not a real boxer etc. Its mind games.

I’m not sure what JP would do. He wouldn’t want to look like a coward and keep ducking pro boxers. I honestly think if the pressure was there and hype was there - jake would take the fight for the bag
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#109 » by cdubbz » Sun May 2, 2021 3:14 am

Hello thread!

Only reason I’m here is because of Jake & Logan Paul (I’ll explain).

A few years ago I started watching YouTube while researching travel destinations and watching vloggers and their trips for ideas...many videos later I ended up watching Logan Paul and all these other ‘youtubers’. Somewhat kept up with that circle for a few years. And Boom here we are...

Jake is a very unlikeable person. He’s always been a dbag. Logan on the other hand has transitioned into an interesting personality and he and his crew have an interesting and fun podcast. Logan turned himself around after being hated for a long time - he is likeable.

Both are marketing geniuses and are millionaires. Good for both of them turning social media into a career. They’re both extremely young and successful. It’s fun to root against Jake Paul, but he’s winning the War. Everyone hates this dude, but he’s walking away with millions.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 2,079

Post#110 » by Jasen777 » Wed May 5, 2021 6:15 pm

Triller Fight Club: Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren 4/17/21 Piracy Settlement

On April 23, 2021 Triller Fight Club filed suit in the United States District Court for the Central District of California against certain parties who participated in the unlawful sale, distribution, and/or viewing of the April 17, 2021 pay per view event known as Triller Fight Club: Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren. Under U.S.Copyright Law, each of those parties may be liable for up to $150,000 in fines, penalties and damages for each occurrence of their unlawful acts. For a limited time ending June 01, 2021, those individuals who unlawfully viewed or displayed the event but were not otherwise involved in its illegal sale or distribution are eligible to receive a one-time settlement and release for their unlawful acts, subject to providing the information requested below and making payment in full of US$49.99 via this portal.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#111 » by REDDzone » Thu May 6, 2021 8:54 pm

Like a week ago I posted on this board that I hope this dude dies but honestly I've come around and I actually think I'm kinda here for it now.

Read on Twitter
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#112 » by Jasen777 » Thu May 6, 2021 9:00 pm

That was Mayweather? Presumably a stunt then.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#113 » by cdubbz » Thu May 6, 2021 9:43 pm

REDDzone wrote:Like a week ago I posted on this board that I hope this dude dies but honestly I've come around and I actually think I'm kinda here for it now.

Read on Twitter

all the comments clowning the staged event. either way it has made noise and everyone is viewing or talking about it. Would I want to watch Mayweather vs Jake Paul? Yes.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#114 » by Jasen777 » Thu May 6, 2021 9:46 pm

cdubbz wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Like a week ago I posted on this board that I hope this dude dies but honestly I've come around and I actually think I'm kinda here for it now.

Read on Twitter

all the comments clowning the staged event. either way it has made noise and everyone is viewing or talking about it. Would I want to watch Mayweather vs Jake Paul? Yes.

Mayweather is boxing the other one though.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#115 » by Susan » Thu May 6, 2021 9:55 pm

Read on Twitter

Hello fellow Jake Pauler.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#116 » by cdubbz » Thu May 6, 2021 9:59 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Read on Twitter

Mayweather is boxing the other one though.

I'll watch both (wouldn't pay for it though).
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#117 » by REDDzone » Thu May 6, 2021 11:13 pm

Jasen777 wrote:That was Mayweather? Presumably a stunt then.

Right yea I wasn't sure at first either. It looked more like a scruffy Broner than Mayweather to me from the back/side profile we see.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#118 » by Susan » Fri May 7, 2021 12:29 am

REDDzone wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:That was Mayweather? Presumably a stunt then.

Right yea I wasn't sure at first either. It looked more like a scruffy Broner than Mayweather to me from the back/side profile we see.

It was Floyd.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#119 » by cowboyronnie » Fri May 7, 2021 12:27 pm

Because it gets them publicity, it was a stunt? Floyd looks pretty dumb here. You don't think he would have prepped his baldingness if he knew his hat was about to be ripped off? His hair is patchy as hell.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#120 » by REDDzone » Fri May 7, 2021 3:53 pm

I actually thought Floyd was lucky that Jake opted for the "got your hat" there. Had he gone for the noogie, Mayweather would have been in a lot of trouble without much cushion to protect his scalp.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts