UFC 239: Jones/Santos, Nunes/Holm, Gadelha/Markos

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: UFC 239: Jones/Santos, Nunes/Holm, Gadelha/Markos 

Post#141 » by REDDzone » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:33 pm

TLDW: Ben Askren goes off the rails. Just one example - he said something about Masvidal not even being able to get a Strikeforce title shot.

It was pretty brutal and I can understand why Masvidal is still saying he will assault Ben in public if he sees him around.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Slo
Head Coach
And1: 8,532

Post#142 » by Slo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:47 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:That's insane. Usually when these types of injuries occur where virtually every ligament is blown, the knee gives out almost completely. That's super impressive that he not only stayed in there for another 4 rounds, stayed competitive and only lost by split D (I don't agree with it but it wasn't the usual Jones dominance)

While it might be impressive it was also super **** stupid. That knee at first had a torn ACL and probably some torn meniscus.. big injury but nothing dramatic, you can be back in 9months or earlier (see Tony). If he called it quits he would probably see a rematch asao when hes healthy again. But he went full tough, started kicking with it again and eventualy **** everything he could up in that knee. Now we´ll see what version of him comes back and for how long too.. I know its a fight game and people are tough as nails but this is (Please Use More Appropriate Word).. in no other sport would people continue with the game/match with such an injury.. but people do in fighting ffs.. While i respect the toughness, this was so dumb dumb dumb....
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#143 » by Susan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:26 pm

REDDzone wrote:TLDW: Ben Askren goes off the rails. Just one example - he said something about Masvidal not even being able to get a Strikeforce title shot.

It was pretty brutal and I can understand why Masvidal is still saying he will assault Ben in public if he sees him around.

That's not a genuine explanation of what was said, man. When a white guy says "Yo Jorge, I think I might have not said this in a language you understand..." there's a bit of coded language there

We've had this discussion before with the Conor/Khabib stuff.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#144 » by REDDzone » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Susan wrote:
REDDzone wrote:TLDW: Ben Askren goes off the rails. Just one example - he said something about Masvidal not even being able to get a Strikeforce title shot.

That's not a genuine explanation of what was said, man. When a white guy says "Yo Jorge, I think I might have not said this in a language you understand..." there's a bit of coded language there

We've had this discussion before with the Conor/Khabib stuff.

I actually didn't listen to the video past the first minute so didn't hear that part. But I'll STFU in order to avoid having that conversation for the 50th time.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#145 » by REDDzone » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Slo wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:That's insane. Usually when these types of injuries occur where virtually every ligament is blown, the knee gives out almost completely. That's super impressive that he not only stayed in there for another 4 rounds, stayed competitive and only lost by split D (I don't agree with it but it wasn't the usual Jones dominance)

While it might be impressive it was also super **** stupid. That knee at first had a torn ACL and probably some torn meniscus.. big injury but nothing dramatic, you can be back in 9months or earlier (see Tony). If he called it quits he would probably see a rematch asao when hes healthy again. But he went full tough, started kicking with it again and eventualy **** everything he could up in that knee. Now we´ll see what version of him comes back and for how long too.. I know its a fight game and people are tough as nails but this is (Please Use More Appropriate Word).. in no other sport would people continue with the game/match with such an injury.. but people do in fighting ffs.. While i respect the toughness, this was so dumb dumb dumb....

But if just one single judge had giving him one more single round...his whole life would have changed forever as UFC champion and the only guy to have ever defeated the GOAT*. He had no way to know what was torn and what wasn't. He probably just knew he could keep going, so did.

These guys aren't like you and I.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#146 » by REDDzone » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:36 am

Masvidal eating for 10 minutes straight during his interview with Ariel... talking with his mouth full the whole time...that should be enough to turn all of us against him. Disgusting.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,204

Post#147 » by duppyy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:45 pm

REDDzone wrote:Masvidal eating for 10 minutes straight during his interview with Ariel... talking with his mouth full the whole time...that should be enough to turn all of us against him. Disgusting.

It's just a mukbang, no need to be disgusted by it.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#148 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:34 pm

Got around to watching the Melendez fight. Good God. What the hell happened to his body??? On that post-USADA "Fudrucker's" diet?

(He's pissed hot, accusations are copa).
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#149 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:57 am

Lol, I gotta know, is the Fuddrucker's thing a reference to when I said I saw Anthony at Fuddrucker's like six years ago? Pretty good memory if so, if not, pretty random.

That woulda been pre-USADA for the record. :)
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#150 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:23 am

REDDzone wrote:Lol, I gotta know, is the Fuddrucker's thing a reference to when I said I saw Anthony at Fuddrucker's like six years ago? Pretty good memory if so, if not, pretty random.

That woulda been pre-USADA for the record. :)

You have explained the post-USADA-correlated change in AP's physique as a result of Fuddrucker's.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts