The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 2,079

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#301 » by Jasen777 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:36 am

NCAA wrestling finals were today. Great HW final - Syndar (20 and already a world champion, but giving up 30 pounds) barely hung on (literally) at the end of regulation and beat Gwiazdowski (2 time defending champion) in overtime.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,131

Post#302 » by REDDzone » Sun Apr 3, 2016 2:09 am

Polaris came and went.

I guess Shields ended up stockton-slapping Agazarm. AJ went for a handshake after the event, nope, Jake b*tch slaps him lol. Guess Jake put on kind of a clinic, bringing unstoppable presh.

Haven't seen Tonon/Palhares yet, just a few gifs. Seems like Palhares dwarfed him and got a slam or two. They had several leg exchanges which were super intense but sounds like Tonon was getting the better of it. Tonon also threatening twisters/bananasplits, etc. Sounds like Tonon got the better of the match but he is a fan favorite while Palhares is kind of a controversial figure, so who knows how objective that analysis is. Hopefully the match pops up somewhere.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,483

Post#303 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Apr 6, 2016 12:53 am

REDDzone wrote:Polaris came and went.

I guess Shields ended up stockton-slapping Agazarm. AJ went for a handshake after the event, nope, Jake b*tch slaps him lol. Guess Jake put on kind of a clinic, bringing unstoppable presh.

Jake needs to watch out starting a fist fight with an able-bodied adult, he'll get KTFO.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/2/11353484/jake-shields-hits-opponent-with-stockton-slap-calls-him-a-bitch-after

LOL @ his attempt to slap. Why did he arch and fling his back leg? The man is a spastic when on two legs, a savant on four.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#304 » by REDDzone » Wed Apr 6, 2016 3:13 am

It really is amazing that he has been so successful in mma given the awkardness that you speak of.

BTW, Agazarm is a known troll. Him getting Jake all riled up is like a non cartoon version of dummy Nate getting mad and trying to fight Renato Laranja lol.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#305 » by REDDzone » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:51 pm

I said in this thread sometime last year that within a decade we would see "online bjj black belts". I think cbr questioned if that was really possible, good discussion.

Well, looks like my timing estimate may have been way off. You can now get up to a brown belt + two stripes in brazilian jiu jitsu..online. What a world:

http://www.bjjee.com/articles/roy-harris-promotes-online-bjj-students-by-email-up-to-brown-belt/
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#306 » by REDDzone » Wed May 25, 2016 3:14 am

Susan wrote:If I remember correctly, I was the one who told you to go to Scotts, wasn't I?

OT but I rolled with Dan last weekend. Pretty sure he kneebarred me with my own forehead as the fulcrum at one point. One of those dudes who you realize that you will never be as good as they are, no matter how hard you train lol.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,898

Post#307 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Thu May 26, 2016 10:06 am

I'm drawing a blank, Dan...who?
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#308 » by Jasen777 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:06 pm

Tough Olympics for Jordan Borroughs, lost twice today, which is as much as he's lost in the last 5 years, no medal. He's 28 so if he's ever going to transition to MMA, now is the time.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#309 » by REDDzone » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:49 pm

That sucks.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#310 » by REDDzone » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:53 pm

What a crap show. Rener/Ryron Gracie come out and caution people against doing business with metamoris or their brother Ralek due to "dishonest and fraudulent activity".

Crazy how fast these people effed this up, they were the talk of the grappling and hell even mma world after Bravo/Royler II.

My one teammate who competed for them still has not been paid, so as the great Matt Serra would say "good, f*ck 'em".
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#311 » by REDDzone » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:16 pm

Forgot to post this before but Chael announced this week that Jon Jones will be grappling Dan Henderson on his show. Also Jessica Eye vs Meisha Tate.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#312 » by REDDzone » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:59 pm

Not that anyone cares, but Jones arm triangled Hendo in this match. I'm not trying to diss wrestlers at all, but I don't understand the appeal of putting those oldschool wrestlers who have never showed any propensity for submitting people at all in submission only matches (I could more understand adcc style matches). Guys like Hendo, Sonnen, etc. What avenue could Dan Henderson possibly ever take to submit a guy like Jon Jones. There is literally not even a possibility of submission from his end.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#313 » by Susan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:22 pm

REDDzone wrote:Not that anyone cares, but Jones arm triangled Hendo in this match. I'm not trying to diss wrestlers at all, but I don't understand the appeal of putting those oldschool wrestlers who have never showed any propensity for submitting people at all in submission only matches (I could more understand adcc style matches). Guys like Hendo, Sonnen, etc. What avenue could Dan Henderson possibly ever take to submit a guy like Jon Jones. There is literally not even a possibility of submission from his end.

Luke Rockhold challenged Jones. Apparently Roger said Rockhold could medal at black belt if he tried.

That'd be a fun match.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#314 » by REDDzone » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:17 pm

That'd be awesome. Rockhold is pretty good everywhere. Can't see anyone submitting Jones in regulation.
Susan
RealGM

Post#315 » by Susan » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:49 pm

7 years at blue and finnnnnnally a purple belt :)
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#316 » by REDDzone » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:28 am

Congrats man! I don't think I realized that you had been training for that long. Huge accomplishment.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,898

Post#317 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:30 am

Yeah, congrats! That's awesome!(note to self never piss off Susan).
Susan
RealGM

Post#318 » by Susan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:42 am

REDDzone wrote:Congrats man! I don't think I realized that you had been training for that long. Huge accomplishment.

Yep! Started in Feb 2008. Blue took 10 months...this one took 95 months!
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#319 » by Jasen777 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:36 pm

Metamoris founder Ralek Gracie says it’s been a ‘gnarly road,’ but goal is to pay back competitors and run another show

“It’s weird, right,” he said. “So on one hand, the idea is to get a loan, pay everyone, get an investment, cover everybody so that way people say, of we got paid, everything is great, moving forward everything there’s no more water in the bucket. That’s one side of it.

“Well the irony of that is, if we’re not able to do that, then the only other option is to dig it out of the hole. To build it out of the hole, and to create opportunities for people to support the company, purchase things, and then pay people from that revenue, which is the way businesses operate. But there’s usually less of a lag time between making your money, and paying your quota, or paying your debts from that month or whatever it may be, your liabilities. So we definitely have a lag at this point that we need to cover and that debt is something we take very seriously.”

Well I'm convinced :roll:
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#320 » by REDDzone » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:11 am

He's a slippery dude. One of my buddies was stiffed by him.

One way to possibly give him credit though is awhile back he said if metamoris couldn't pay the athletes, he would fight mma to do so. I haven't heard him specifically mention that he would use his fight salary to pay them back, but he hasn't fought in like six years, so my hunch is that may be part of his comeback. Unless the motivation is financial because he sank so much of his own money into metamoris which is very possible.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts