Bellator General Discussion and Info

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1381 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:27 pm

IDK. Gun to my head I would say not fixed. Just because I would need outrageous evidence for such an outrageous claim and as of now we just have multiple small pieces of evidence. That's probably the most sketchy fight I've ever seen that isn't a known fix though (Coleman/Takada). Just ridiculously sketchy, definitely much more so than previous Bellator fights that have been called into question.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,912

Post#1382 » by Jasen777 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:39 pm

Does the fix include Tito holding the choke after the tap?
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1383 » by REDDzone » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:59 am

Jasen777 wrote:Does the fix include Tito holding the choke after the tap?

He did the same if not worse to Bader.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1384 » by REDDzone » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:30 am

Just realized I never even brought up the fact that Tito had the choke on the wrong side. All Chael has to do is keep turning towards the elbow and he's free. He's just not as bad as that. And it looks like Tito has his feet crossed. Lol it just looks so bad that it almost couldn't be fixed because I would have expected them to do a better job if they did fix it.
GetBuLLish
General Manager
And1: 2,508

Post#1385 » by GetBuLLish » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:05 am

REDDzone wrote:NFSW language:

Wow. This is pretty damming. Like you, Redd, I get annoyed when people scream "FIXED!" in MMA, or in any sport for that matter. But this fight made me feel uneasy, unlike any fight I've ever seen. And that was before seeing video of that tap!

One other thing that seemed fishy was Chael's demeanor throughout the whole night, from his entrance through the fight. He just had a super despondent look on his face, like he knew he was doing something shameful. To be fair, maybe he was just embarrassed about his physique (he looked terrible). Or maybe that's his usual look and I'm forgetting since his last fight was so long ago.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#1386 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:39 am

Do you guys not remember Chael vs Rashad the same way I do? They clearly had a gentleman's agreement not to hurt one another.

Chael is an actual convicted felon for money laundering in a real estate scam. A hustler, smart as a whip. Approaching Tito and looking to keep an agreement under cover is not beyond him, morally or logistically.

I actually love and respect him but was worried right when this fight was announced that it would not be a sincere competition. Whatever it was (fixed outcome, one-way thrown fight, agreement as to techniques), it did not look like a sincere competition. Maybe Chael just decided to get the heck out of there early once the guillotine didn't work. His concern was not to win.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,767

Post#1387 » by Cammo101 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:45 am

REDDzone wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:I don't think that fight was fixed as much as it was two over the hill part timers just looking bad.

Cam, be objective for a second here. You were arguing that Shamrock/Kimbo was fixed despite people on this board telling you what happened in that sequence from a technical perspective. Additionally, you were arguing at the time that Ken would know how to do an RNC despite the fact that he hadn't done one in competition for like 20 years or something. :lol:

Now Tito and Chael have the most sketchy fight in bellator history and its just two over the hill fighters? Since Chael last fought, he's been grappling with the likes of Andre Galvao (the current ADCC superfight champion) and Babalu, and frankly he looked much better against both than he did Tito Ortiz. Nothing about this fight makes sense.

I think you would be arguing the other side if you weren't a big Chael fan tbh.

NFSW language:

I don't see the upside to a fixed fight here. Certainly not from Bellator. We all know what length's an MMA org will go to to protect Kimbo, a big time money maker with limited skills. I also could see Shamrock throwing a fight, not so with Chael for the exact reasons you put forth. While over the hill, he is IMO too much of a competitor to take a dive.

While the actual sub looked sketchy, I just don't see the perfect storm of fixed fight like I did in the Kimbo/Shamrock fight.

I find Chael's antics funny, but I'm not some Chael Sonnen superfan. I was certainly hoping he'd beat Tito (who I don't like), but truthfully I could, for the most part, care less who wins 98% of the fights in Bellator.

The Kimbo fight smelled like a fixed fight to me. This one didn't while watching it. That video is pretty damning though, with the tap. I'd certainly be interested to hear what both guys have to say about it.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1388 » by REDDzone » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:42 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Do you guys not remember Chael vs Rashad the same way I do? They clearly had a gentleman's agreement not to hurt one another.

I actually recall that fight as sort of a beatdown. I guess I'm not sure if its more because of actual damage inflicted or it just being uncompetitive. I also may be confusing it with Rashad/Tito which was def a beatdown. Maybe I'll watch it again.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1389 » by Jasen777 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:02 pm

REDDzone wrote:I actually recall that fight as sort of a beatdown. I guess I'm not sure if its more because of actual damage inflicted or it just being uncompetitive. I also may be confusing it with Rashad/Tito which was def a beatdown. Maybe I'll watch it again.

I think everyone was expecting it to be boring hand pawing and grapplefest going to decision, but it was just a beatdown. Sonnen looked like he didn't really want to be there. They called it a TKO but Sonnen actually tapped to strikes.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1390 » by Jasen777 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:25 pm

From UFC 167 thread"

cowboyronnie wrote:Chael v Evans, bros. WTF? At first when it went to the cage I was really worried there'd been a gentleman's agreement to not scrap, they'd grapple and tap some punches but make sure not to injure one another. Then **** got real, obv...that elbow to the jaw was brutal. Definitely caused a major injury. Chael tapped!? They did not shake hands or hug afterwards either.

Jasen777 wrote:Evans said in the intro thing that he was going to win because he wanted it more. That's been said alot, but there might have been something to it this time.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1391 » by REDDzone » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:27 pm

So is cbr trolling us or is this just a false memory? :)
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#1392 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:45 pm

LOL

Whoops. Expectations get fulfilled, reality be damned.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,436

Post#1393 » by Susan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:43 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:LOL

Whoops. Expectations get fulfilled, reality be damned.

Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1394 » by Jasen777 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:27 am

Bellator 170 medical suspensions include indefinite sentence for ‘unreported stab wound’

Christian Gonzalez: Indefinite suspension (CSAC review) for unreported stab wound prior to fight and for chest pain; minimum suspension of 45 days no contest, 30 days no contact with no exceptions due to TKO
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,922

Post#1395 » by NZB2323 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:48 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Chael has been competing in grappling, though. And he nevertheless made a whole sequence of bad moves that ended up with him tapping.

Couldn't you say that about most of Chael's losses though? He even admitted that he had to see a sports psychologist because he would look for ways out of fights.

GetBuLLish wrote:One other thing that seemed fishy was Chael's demeanor throughout the whole night, from his entrance through the fight. He just had a super despondent look on his face, like he knew he was doing something shameful. To be fair, maybe he was just embarrassed about his physique (he looked terrible). Or maybe that's his usual look and I'm forgetting since his last fight was so long ago.

I attributed that to Chael no longer being on TRT/Steroids and having ring rust and just being old in general.

I'm not saying the fight wasn't fixed. I'm saying I'll need more evidence before coming to that conclusion.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1396 » by Jasen777 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:45 am

Tonight's card is certainly not threadworthy.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1397 » by REDDzone » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:29 pm

Anyone care about tomorrow night's card? Fedor vs Mitrione.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,190

Post#1398 » by duppyy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:52 pm

REDDzone wrote:Anyone care about tomorrow night's card? Fedor vs Mitrione.

I was going to say I'll be watching Black beast vs Edmunds boy but that's on Sunday. So I'll tune in to watch that fight.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1399 » by REDDzone » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:46 pm

It's always so funny when a super flabby Fedor weighs in at like 235 or whatever.

What weight class would he be fighting at if he all the sudden got on GSP's diet and S&C program? 185?

edit: 235, not 135. typo.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#1400 » by AirCanadaMouse » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:58 pm

REDDzone wrote:Anyone care about tomorrow night's card? Fedor vs Mitrione.

I'm admittedly interested in Koscheck fighting tomorrow too.
Thank you Clutch0z24

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts