Bellator General Discussion and Info

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1481 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:34 am

Would not have expected Gegard to reference having a "long one" or inviting people to suck it. Or bragging that he's rich.

(I'm going from quotes, didn't listen).

He's had a lot of lackluster fights. Remember that Latifi fight??
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#1482 » by Bernman » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:51 am

REDDzone wrote:You left out my favorite part...when he said the people who criticize him "are all just sitting behind computers eating potatoes".

IDK why but that killed me when he said it with his accent.

There were a lot of gems. "(About the circular cage) Same s**t, different toilet". Another one was: "(Rory) He looks like a mass-murderer. He should shut his mouth".

The accent, stunted delivery, and irony of his persona definitely makes the lines funnier.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1483 » by REDDzone » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:07 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Would not have expected Gegard to reference having a "long one" or inviting people to suck it. Or bragging that he's rich.

He really hasn't though, and if you have to go back 12-15 fights to find an example, that's kind of the exception that proves the rule, no?

That said, he's super sensitive when he loses or perceives negativity in general tbh. When he lost to Uriah Hall he did the Dana White thing where he responded to every single facebook troll who cared to trash talk him about it which of course stirred them up more and invited more people to come troll and spiraled out of control. lol.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#1484 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:30 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Would not have expected Gegard to reference having a "long one" or inviting people to suck it. Or bragging that he's rich.

He really hasn't though, and if you have to go back 12-15 fights to find an example, that's kind of the exception that proves the rule, no?

That said, he's super sensitive when he loses or perceives negativity in general tbh. When he lost to Uriah Hall he did the Dana White thing where he responded to every single facebook troll who cared to trash talk him about it which of course stirred them up more and invited more people to come troll and spiraled out of control. lol.

Huh. Gandered at his record just now, I hadn't realized all his finishes. That Latifi fight simply stood-out in my mind. It was really bad but, you're right, appears to be an exception.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#1485 » by Bernman » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:54 pm

The Latifi fight was also a debut. He purported to be nervous.

But that adds fuel to the fire that he really does care what people think. He's reading what they write, then spending time on an impassioned response, but supposedly doesn't care. It's a contradiction.

However, I don't care that he's full of it when he says he doesn't care. He can care and his comebacks were still funny.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1486 » by REDDzone » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:17 pm

I haven't seen this mentioned but was Heather Hardy's face the worse ever? Looked like a horror movie, literally. Wow. Can't imagine her boxing promoter will be too thrilled for her to take any more mma fights tbh.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1487 » by REDDzone » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Mousasi gets emotional but he's a good dude whose winning percentages increases the more his opponents get steroid tested.

One of my favs for sure.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#1488 » by Jasen777 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:09 am

Read on Twitter
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1489 » by REDDzone » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:38 pm

Has anyone ever seen Gegard or Gunnar without bedhead?
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#1490 » by AirCanadaMouse » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:04 pm

You do realize Gegard needed knee surgery coming into that fight? He didn't want to pull out because Gus already did, and he wanted to keep the event in place as best he could. He played it safe, but I can't blame him. It showed a lot of heart to go out there needing surgery and taking a risk like that just to make the fans and the organization happy.

How did the UFC repay him? Joe Silva called Gegard and told him how he should've went for the finish and how he was disappointed in his performance.

You can't hold that against him when he shouldn't have fought in the first place.

Gegard is **** awesome.
Thank you Clutch0z24
Bernman
RealGM

Post#1491 » by Bernman » Thu Nov 9, 2017 4:52 pm

Bellator has the worst card in major MMA history coming up. A.J. Mckee-Brian Moore main event, Baby Slice/1-0 co-main, chick fight w/ a girl who is 2-5, and final one a fighter has a 7-12 record. Makes LFA look like Pride. If they had any sense they wouldn't air it, but they don't.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,766

Post#1492 » by Cammo101 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:50 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/11/bellator-mma-tournament-world-grand-prix-fedor-emelianenko-chael-sonnen-rampage-jackson-frank-mir

I guess Joe Warren had previous engagements? Leave it to Bellator to take a great idea like this and ruin it by making half the field novelty fighters. Here's what this tournament should look like...

Fedor Emelianenko
Frank Mir
Roy Nelson
Matt Mittrione
Rampage Jackson
Cheick Kongo
Bobby Lashley
Justin Wren

Tyrell Fortune vs. Augusto Sakai (Alternate Fight)
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1493 » by REDDzone » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:53 pm

I'll be honest... I'm ALL IN.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1494 » by REDDzone » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:58 pm

Cammo101 wrote:http://mmajunkie.com/2017/11/bellator-mma-tournament-world-grand-prix-fedor-emelianenko-chael-sonnen-rampage-jackson-frank-mir

I guess Joe Warren had previous engagements? Leave it to Bellator to take a great idea like this and ruin it by making half the field novelty fighters. Here's what this tournament should look like...

Fedor Emelianenko
Frank Mir
Roy Nelson
Matt Mittrione
Rampage Jackson
Cheick Kongo
Bobby Lashley
Justin Wren

Tyrell Fortune vs. Augusto Sakai (Alternate Fight)

Meh, you're really that salty that they added Chael/Bader/Lawal and left out freaking Justin Wren/Kongo/Lashley? Neither Wren nor Lashley have ever defeated a fighter that I've heard of (literally - excel Lashley over James Thompson). And Bader already beat Rampage and Mo already beat Rampage and Kongo.

The only head scratcher is Chael. But he gets that treatment wherever he goes. He was put in the ADCC Absolute despite not competing in the brackets, UFC title fights off losses, etc. But he will promote the event and they know that.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#1495 » by Bernman » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:55 pm

You should have said "leave it to Cammo to put a negative spin on an actual good idea for Bellator".

Yeah, I'm not really broken about those particular fighters being excluded. In fact I'm pretty disappointed when I see Kongo included in anything these days. He's insufferable.

King Mo isn't far behind, but at least he's still at an age where he could be relevant going fw. All those potential fight combos I'm interested to watch to some degree. Answers some questions at least in a belated fashion what the outcomes between them would be. The divisional crossovers add some spice.

Do think they should have added a prospect or two so the end result had more upside. Haven't progressed Fortune fast enough. Could have capitulated to MInakov finally. And given Kharitonov the nod too.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#1496 » by Cammo101 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:16 pm

Bernman wrote:You should have said "leave it to Cammo to put a negative spin on an actual good idea for Bellator".

Yeah, I'm not really broken about those particular fighters being excluded. In fact I'm pretty disappointed when I see Kongo included in anything these days. He's insufferable.

King Mo isn't far behind, but at least he's still at an age where he could be relevant going fw. All those potential fight combos I'm interested to watch to some degree. Answers some questions at least in a belated fashion what the outcomes between them would be. The divisional crossovers add some spice.

Do think they should have added a prospect or two so the end result had more upside. Haven't progressed Fortune fast enough. Could have capitulated to MInakov finally. And given Kharitonov the nod too.

They took a good idea and in typical Bellator fashion, turned it into a sideshow. Mittrione will win this by being the only guy in the entire tourney who isn't either washed up or 205 pounds soaking wet.

Fedor was washed up last time he was in a tournament...7 years ago.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1497 » by REDDzone » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Dude the exaggerations are getting a little ridiculous. Mo fights at heavyweight. Bader 205 soaking wet? Really?

I understand having an issue with Chael being there.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#1498 » by Cammo101 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:21 pm

REDDzone wrote:Dude the exaggerations are getting a little ridiculous. Mo fights at heavyweight. Bader 205 soaking wet? Really?

One or two guys like that is fine I guess, but having half the tournament be non-Heavyweights is ridiculous.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Post#1499 » by CPT » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:38 pm

Age of fighters in that tournament:

Fedor 41
Nelson 41
Mir 38
Mitrione 39
Bader 34
Rampage 39
Mo 36
Sonnen 40

The final is going to be over a year from now.

I'll take Bader, or whomever the alternate ends up being.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1500 » by REDDzone » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:39 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Dude the exaggerations are getting a little ridiculous. Mo fights at heavyweight. Bader 205 soaking wet? Really?

One or two guys like that is fine I guess, but having half the tournament be non-Heavyweights is ridiculous.

There are two guys like that - Chael and the LHW champion Bader.

Mo has been at HW for his last three fights.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts