Bellator General Discussion and Info

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1801 » by REDDzone » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:26 pm

Didn't he start there? He was associated with them long before he ever even started fighting MMA.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#1802 » by Susan » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:48 pm

REDDzone wrote:Didn't he start there? He was associated with them long before he ever even started fighting MMA.

He's associated with Bob Cook, not sure why he's not there. So odd.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#1803 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:06 pm

Definitely an AKA guy. Thompson talked about him extensively on the recent JRE. But Pico decided a change of camp was due and left to Jackson's.

DC's boxing-wrestling is significantly dif than Pico's. IDK if Pico could even pull it off. DC is defense and obstruction first, that's how he was taking Stipe apart at the start of the last fight. Whereas, Pico is firepower, speed, and working into range so he can land lefts to the head/body. That's surely the amateur boxing and Roach influence. Roach can't teach what DC does...what DC does basically requires that you be able to open your hands for grip and push/pull. Not a style you could pull off in contemporary boxing gloves (though boxing gloves in the 70s used to be designed differently...see George Foreman).

I don't know what Roach could teach that's really worth it. GSP's jab was super effective. Maybe that's something Pico could develop. But boxing power punching is going to win you 2 out of 3 fights, at best.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1804 » by REDDzone » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:56 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Definitely an AKA guy. Thompson talked about him extensively on the recent JRE. But Pico decided a change of camp was due and left to Jackson's.

Well he was associated with them before he started MMA but once his MMA career actually started I'm pretty sure he was training with TJ Dillashaw at whatever that place is called now, and I also read he was training at Antonio McKee's camp.

Sooo, dude gets around for sure.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1805 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:43 pm

Haha. That Dillashaw camp is such a sham. Lol. Archuleta, Pico, TJ...most recently, Rampage. All have been with TJ's coaching team (and that strength coach guru).

That's a lot of failed promise.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1806 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:35 pm

So sketchy. Just change the location of the fight and shop for doctors until someone gives the OK (against majority opinion)?

Lovato Jr:

The champ said he discovered the abnormality before his title shot against now-former titleholder Gegard Mousasi. Booked to face Mousasi in California at Bellator 214, he underwent a brain scan that’s required by the state’s commission to compete. The scan showed “multiple, popcorn-size” cavernoma around the edge of his brain, one of which he estimated was between a golf ball and baseball in size.

Lovato Jr. said the large cavernoma has shown a history of bleeding, and if it continues to grow in size, it could put more pressure on his brain and possibly lead to a hemorrhage.

After reviewing the initial scan, several doctors subsequently declined to clear him for the title fight, which was rescheduled for Bellator 223 in London when an injury delayed Mousasi’s return.

”One said jiu-jitsu could be dangerous; me getting my blood cut off with a choke could be dangerous,” said Lovato Jr., who was in the middle of his training camp in Brazil when he heard the news.

A dissenting opinion from a Brazilian neurologist gave him the green light to compete,
and he was subsequently approved by a panel of doctors with Safe MMA, a third-party organization that screens MMA fighters from the U.K. and Ireland.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#1808 » by Susan » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:51 am

Aaron Pico IS BACK
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#1809 » by AirCanadaMouse » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:29 pm

Susan wrote:Aaron Pico IS BACK

No, they’re just finally using him like it was supposed to be. His division in Bellator is no joke, their FW’s would easily be ranked in the ufc, I would say McKee would make the top 5 too. But Henry Corrales and Borics are really good, that was a huge step up even with Pico’s hype.

His losses are against really strong opponents, maybe other than Freeman who was a part timer, but in hindsight even that felt like a mis match for Pico.

Also Jay Glazer really turned me off the Pico train. That guy is such a phoney, I remember him thinking Josh Thompson was crazy because he picked Corrales over Pico, and Glazer even remarked “are you being serious right now”....

Yes Jay, maybe if you clued and weren’t so bias you would realize the talent of his opponents that he lost to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Clutch0z24
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1810 » by REDDzone » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:41 pm

^^ Jay Glazer is an idiot. Didn't he think Greg Hardy shouldn't even be allowed to train MMA? lol.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter

Post#1811 » by AirCanadaMouse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:14 am

REDDzone wrote:^^ Jay Glazer is an idiot. Didn't he think Greg Hardy shouldn't even be allowed to train MMA? lol.

Him and Bill Goldberg are the biggest posers in the sport.

Thank you Clutch0z24
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1812 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:56 pm

AirCanadaMouse wrote:
REDDzone wrote:^^ Jay Glazer is an idiot. Didn't he think Greg Hardy shouldn't even be allowed to train MMA? lol.

Him and Bill Goldberg are the biggest posers in the sport.

They truly stand alone, in a sport with an insane amount of posers.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1813 » by REDDzone » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:09 pm

LOL do you guys mean Mike Goldberg? I think Bill Goldberg is a wrestler (no connection to MMA that I'm aware of).

Also, Buffer.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1814 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:15 pm

Come on, dude, we know our Goldbergs. Bill, inexplicably, commentated as teh color guy for EliteXC (and possibly Strikeforce for a bit). It was him in there interviewing Kimbo and stuff, you may recall.

That said: you're very right about Bruce Buffer. He's on the Mount Rushmore of MMA posers, next to Bill, Jay, and a 5'8'' guy with a spray tan who would do MMA but he just goes berserk in fights and literally doesn't know when to stop, it's scary.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1815 » by REDDzone » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:44 pm

Haha okay I think its coming back to me now. I recall hearing stories about a wrestler who used to refuse to lose to guys he thought he could win a fight against in real life too. I'm like 80% sure that was Goldberg,
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1816 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:21 pm

I don't know how many are on a Mount Rushmore but leave room for Jon McCarthy too.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter

Post#1817 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:11 am

REDDzone wrote:LOL do you guys mean Mike Goldberg? I think Bill Goldberg is a wrestler (no connection to MMA that I'm aware of).

Also, Buffer.

And that is exactly why Bill Goldberg is the worst. It got to a point where he refused to lose to people in wrestling because he thought he was a legit mma trained bad ass and it wouldn’t be believable.

He sAid this against division 1 wrestler Scott Steiner .....

Buffer is a great mention. I always found him to be super pretentious too lol

Thank you Clutch0z24
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1818 » by REDDzone » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:13 am

cowboyronnie wrote:I don't know how many are on a Mount Rushmore but leave room for Jon McCarthy too.

McCarthy and Buffer are the worst of the worst to me.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1819 » by REDDzone » Sat Aug 8, 2020 1:08 am

I watched the AJ Agazarm fight on the prelims and man that Middle-Earth ref is such a f*cking dummy. AJ loses badly and storms out of the cage after he loses as he always does. The ref runs out, grabs his hand after he's already out of the cage, drags him back in and says, "No! This is is what you do" and tries to force him the fighters to shake hands. Of course this almost started a confrontation between the fighters. LOL, WTF. Is this real life?
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1820 » by REDDzone » Sat Aug 8, 2020 1:12 am

cowboyronnie wrote:I don't know how many are on a Mount Rushmore but leave room for Jon McCarthy too.

I just tried to watch a bellator fight and had to mute it. It drives me crazy how much of a fighter Jon McCarthy thinks he is.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts