Boxing Thread 4.0

Moderator: CPT

Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,649
And1: 1,740
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1901 » by Papi_swav » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:03 am

cowboyronnie wrote:He only fought GGG after he got exposed by Jacobs. He only fought Jacobs after he lost to GGG.

I think there might be a flaw in your argument.

What flaw? it's not hard to see. You think Canelo would of fought GGG when he was knocking everybody out? Exactly. But once Jacobs gave GGG a tough fight then they fought. And GGG CLEARLY won the first fight and was robbed. I never said he only fought Jacobs after he lost to GGG, that was the other guy, Jacobs is a very good fighter and tough opponent but he is a tier below the top fighters like the other guy said . You still haven't proved how Canelo ins't taking the Mayweather blueprint. And Mayweather took on much better guys and much bigger names than Kovalev.
Dry_Fish
RealGM
Posts: 41,585
And1: 6,818
Joined: Aug 08, 2006
Location: San Tan, AZ
Contact:

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1902 » by Dry_Fish » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:03 am

I remember Donaire being interview after loma/walter about quiting ....that body shot would have ended many dudes
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,159
And1: 905
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1903 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:24 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:He only fought GGG after he got exposed by Jacobs. He only fought Jacobs after he lost to GGG.

I think there might be a flaw in your argument.

What flaw? it's not hard to see. You think Canelo would of fought GGG when he was knocking everybody out? Exactly. But once Jacobs gave GGG a tough fight then they fought. And GGG CLEARLY won the first fight and was robbed. I never said he only fought Jacobs after he lost to GGG, that was the other guy, Jacobs is a very good fighter and tough opponent but he is a tier below the top fighters like the other guy said . You still haven't proved how Canelo ins't taking the Mayweather blueprint. And Mayweather took on much better guys and much bigger names than Kovalev.


Why did Canel fight Jacobs when he could have fought Andre Berto or some other random? If GGG beat Canelo in the first fight (which he did), why would Canelo seek out the unsung guy who exposed GGG? You see the flaw? GGG > Canelo, Jacobs = GGG. Why would Canelo seek out Jacobs???
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,649
And1: 1,740
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1904 » by Papi_swav » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:16 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:He only fought GGG after he got exposed by Jacobs. He only fought Jacobs after he lost to GGG.

I think there might be a flaw in your argument.

What flaw? it's not hard to see. You think Canelo would of fought GGG when he was knocking everybody out? Exactly. But once Jacobs gave GGG a tough fight then they fought. And GGG CLEARLY won the first fight and was robbed. I never said he only fought Jacobs after he lost to GGG, that was the other guy, Jacobs is a very good fighter and tough opponent but he is a tier below the top fighters like the other guy said . You still haven't proved how Canelo ins't taking the Mayweather blueprint. And Mayweather took on much better guys and much bigger names than Kovalev.


Why did Canel fight Jacobs when he could have fought Andre Berto or some other random? If GGG beat Canelo in the first fight (which he did), why would Canelo seek out the unsung guy who exposed GGG? You see the flaw? GGG > Canelo, Jacobs = GGG. Why would Canelo seek out Jacobs???

because of big money. Canelo can't hide from top fighters forever. And me and the other guy have already stated that Jacobs is clearly a level below both of those fighters. Don't act like Jacobs is a top star in that division. The reason Jacobs gave GGG so much trouble is because he was so big when they fought, he put on a lot of weight. He weighed in at 160 the day before the fight, but he came into the fight over 185 pounds. He was nowhere near 185 pounds when he fought Canelo. And Canelo was much quicker and sharper that day. Andre Berto is not a 160 pound fighter so that makes no sense and a Berto fight is not going to make as much as Jacobs fight. Canelo would face a lot of backlash if he chose Berto who fights at 147.
User avatar
NoDopeOnSundays
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,863
And1: 5,410
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
         

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1905 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:45 am

I think we can say Wilder has probably the hardest right hand in boxing history, from a technical standpoint his boxing skills and footwork are terrible, but his right hand can put you to sleep no matter where it hits you. That was a short right moving backwards and it left Ortiz looking like he just had a stroke.
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,649
And1: 1,740
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1906 » by Papi_swav » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:35 am

Man Wilder has the one hitter quitter. He didn't land any clean punch all night and I had Ortiz up 5-1 but that 1 punch changed everything. And it didn't even look like he put too much into the punch. Wilder has soooo much raw power . The opponent has to be perfect for 12 rounds, Wilder just has to be perfect for 10 seconds. I love Ortiz and I'm kind of sad to see him go down like that again but many heavyweights fear him. Now we need the rematch with Wilder and Fury. Still want to see a Wilder-Joshua fight.
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,159
And1: 905
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1907 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:20 pm

That was the best Wilder's ever looked, as a function of inactivity. If he could just not do anything and then throw a KO punch, he's respectable.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,159
And1: 905
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1908 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:34 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:What flaw? it's not hard to see. You think Canelo would of fought GGG when he was knocking everybody out? Exactly. But once Jacobs gave GGG a tough fight then they fought. And GGG CLEARLY won the first fight and was robbed. I never said he only fought Jacobs after he lost to GGG, that was the other guy, Jacobs is a very good fighter and tough opponent but he is a tier below the top fighters like the other guy said . You still haven't proved how Canelo ins't taking the Mayweather blueprint. And Mayweather took on much better guys and much bigger names than Kovalev.


Why did Canel fight Jacobs when he could have fought Andre Berto or some other random? If GGG beat Canelo in the first fight (which he did), why would Canelo seek out the unsung guy who exposed GGG? You see the flaw? GGG > Canelo, Jacobs = GGG. Why would Canelo seek out Jacobs???

because of big money. Canelo can't hide from top fighters forever. And me and the other guy have already stated that Jacobs is clearly a level below both of those fighters. Don't act like Jacobs is a top star in that division. The reason Jacobs gave GGG so much trouble is because he was so big when they fought, he put on a lot of weight. He weighed in at 160 the day before the fight, but he came into the fight over 185 pounds. He was nowhere near 185 pounds when he fought Canelo. And Canelo was much quicker and sharper that day. Andre Berto is not a 160 pound fighter so that makes no sense and a Berto fight is not going to make as much as Jacobs fight. Canelo would face a lot of backlash if he chose Berto who fights at 147.


Canelo following the Mayweather blueprint w/r easy wins against MMA fighters, huh?

Step for step, these two.

Dum dum
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,649
And1: 1,740
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1909 » by Papi_swav » Sun Dec 8, 2019 2:10 am

I'm upset Ruiz didn't put up a better fight but how can he when big ol goofy steroid Joshua is on his bicycle the whole fight SMH. Joshua fought smart and kept his distance with the jab, Ruiz didn't adjust, easy win for Joshua. Hopefully the 3rd fight will be a lot more exciting like the 1st one. I still don't see Joshua beating Wilder or Fury. I think Wilder will put him in a coma honestly. I don't even think Joshua can beat Ortiz. He should fight the winner of Wilder/Fury but we all know he's a chicken.
User avatar
Butch718
RealGM
Posts: 10,763
And1: 3,698
Joined: Mar 13, 2012
       

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1910 » by Butch718 » Mon Dec 9, 2019 3:37 am

I got a lot of **** for saying how embarrassing it was for the sport to have someone as out of shape as Ruiz being the champ. Now you see why. He came in even heavier this time around, and didn’t bother even attempting to train for this fight. What a disgrace to the sport and all the Mexican legends before him.
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,649
And1: 1,740
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1911 » by Papi_swav » Mon Dec 9, 2019 5:58 am

Butch718 wrote:I got a lot of **** for saying how embarrassing it was for the sport to have someone as out of shape as Ruiz being the champ. Now you see why. He came in even heavier this time around, and didn’t bother even attempting to train for this fight. What a disgrace to the sport and all the Mexican legends before him.

He didn't train? I thought he did. I could of swore I seen him about a month ago looking skinnier or more lean than ever. Then he came into this fight I'm like did he eat all the weight back? I think he did train, maybe not hard enough. But, Joshua just fought the smart fight. He was moving all night and kept using his jab. He lost the 1st won because he underestimated Ruiz and though he can just walk through him. I'm pretty sure Mexicans are ecstatic that they had a heavyweight champion which we've never seen before. Most mexicans don't usually come that size. They still have Canelo and a hundred other boxers .
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,159
And1: 905
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1912 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 9, 2019 2:38 pm

Ruiz's cardio looked fine. He was still slinging and moving forward in the 12th.

Prime Fat Toney vs Ruiz, at SHW (285+), who wins?
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,159
And1: 905
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1913 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 9, 2019 2:46 pm

In other news, a Charlo brother headlined Barclay's against some guy. These two just gonna cruise the rest of their careers?
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 32,528
And1: 9,887
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1914 » by Rich Rane » Mon Dec 9, 2019 3:24 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Butch718 wrote:I got a lot of **** for saying how embarrassing it was for the sport to have someone as out of shape as Ruiz being the champ. Now you see why. He came in even heavier this time around, and didn’t bother even attempting to train for this fight. What a disgrace to the sport and all the Mexican legends before him.

He didn't train? I thought he did. I could of swore I seen him about a month ago looking skinnier or more lean than ever. Then he came into this fight I'm like did he eat all the weight back? I think he did train, maybe not hard enough. But, Joshua just fought the smart fight. He was moving all night and kept using his jab. He lost the 1st won because he underestimated Ruiz and though he can just walk through him. I'm pretty sure Mexicans are ecstatic that they had a heavyweight champion which we've never seen before. Most mexicans don't usually come that size. They still have Canelo and a hundred other boxers .


User avatar
Dupp
RealGM
Posts: 100,913
And1: 50,884
Joined: Aug 16, 2009
Location: Billy Crystals lap
 

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1915 » by Dupp » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:24 am

One of the worst fights of all time. Ruiz couldn’t get near him and Joshua was too worried about being hit. Was terrible.
Neato wrote:I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone for being a neato
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,649
And1: 1,740
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1916 » by Papi_swav » Today 8:21 am

Crawford won but his opponent didn't make it easy. Should of been called a knockdown when he fell but they called it a slip SMH. Crawford is good but he hasn't fought a top opponent in the 147 yet. I don't think he can hang with the top tier guys. Spence will kill him. Crawford is good and knows how to box but I don't think he has the strength to bang with those guys. He should fight Danny Garcia or Shawn Porter next. Or someone with a name at least. I don't know who the hell he fought today and that guy almost knocked him out.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts