The Official Conor McGregor Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: The Official Conor McGregor Thread 

Post#341 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:58 pm

I don't think hedging is something Conor can be accused of. He put everything on the line against Aldo, Khabib, and Nate ii. There could be a thousand other reasons this is at 170.

Also if he can't beat someone as crippled as Cowboy, he needs to consider another career. There are no money fights out there w opponents less capable than Cowboy. I expect a 1rd KO.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,073
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#342 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:59 pm

I think guys would just prefer not to fight at a smaller weight class unless forced to. If it's another striker, Conor doesn't seem as concerned with weight differences.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#343 » by Headliner » Sun Dec 1, 2019 7:55 pm

The other thing might be that he’s taken a longer than expected time off to increase his weight for a legitimate run at 170.

In his new picture his thighs look massive, I’m guessing he’s been doing a lot of wrestling, working the muscles needed to stop take downs. Smart move.

I’m really interested to see what he’s bringing. He’s the richest guy in the sport. He can bring in the best to train
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#344 » by Susan » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:15 pm

My favorite MMA analyst talks about Conor.
Susan
RealGM

Post#345 » by Susan » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:50 pm

Second favorite MMA channel talks about Conor.

Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#346 » by Headliner » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:54 pm

The conor situation has been interesting lately

The ufc is trying to make it out like he doesn’t want the fights, but he’s posting DMs etc saying he was asking.
He asked for four fights in the year in Feb, before Corona, and Dana only would give him the replacement for khabib/Tony fight.

What a gong show
Susan
RealGM

Post#347 » by Susan » Thu Oct 1, 2020 11:28 am

Headliner wrote:The conor situation has been interesting lately

The ufc is trying to make it out like he doesn’t want the fights, but he’s posting DMs etc saying he was asking.
He asked for four fights in the year in Feb, before Corona, and Dana only would give him the replacement for khabib/Tony fight.

What a gong show

eh, when he goes fully against Dana I'll be down with him but he's not that dude and never will be. :(
Susan
RealGM

Post#348 » by Susan » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:20 am

Read on Twitter
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#349 » by Jasen777 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:48 am

Susan wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't know why people who can't throw at all agree to do this. I guess that's better than throwing it into he ground a third of the way to the plate though?
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#350 » by REDDzone » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:27 pm

Saw some headline with Edmond Tarverdyan, oops I mean John Kavanaugh saying that Conor wouldn't fight at LW anymore due to his bulking. Got me thinking...will Conor ever get another UFC win?

I could see him winning a decision over Nate or something at WW I guess, maybe? It's very possible he might KO a random who weighs 170 in a bar fight too. But he will never in a million years beat a legit UFC WW.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM

Post#351 » by Susan » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:59 am

REDDzone wrote:Saw some headline with Edmond Tarverdyan, oops I mean John Kavanaugh saying that Conor wouldn't fight at LW anymore due to his bulking. Got me thinking...will Conor ever get another UFC win?

I could see him winning a decision over Nate or something at WW I guess, maybe? It's very possible he might KO a random who weighs 170 in a bar fight too. But he will never in a million years beat a legit UFC WW.

No.

And IMO Nate has progressed more in the past few years than Conor. He fared better against Leon than expected and takes better care of his body, Conor is burnt toast. Only gunna beat Cowboy types.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#352 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:38 am

His buddy Putin can prolly piece together some easy fights for him in Moscow.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,073
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#353 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:45 pm

Conor looks like he drinks alcohol and eats junk food every day, and there's no way anyone could be convinced he goes through fight training like he used to. You can't do that in your 30's and just show up every few years and expect to beat anyone legit.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts