The Official Conor McGregor Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Re: The Official Conor McGregor Thread 

Post#201 » by Jasen777 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:45 pm

REDDzone wrote:Has Conor spoken about this? I imagine this takes the Woodley fight off the table (watch it be announced later today)? If he was going after the WW crown, no way he foregoes the opportunity for "three division champ" by giving away is title willingly.

Nate trilogy then :x
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#202 » by REDDzone » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:54 pm

If he's not fighting until Q3-Q4 2017 (I'm not sure, but he wants off to/through the baby birth right, and that is sometime in May), then there is plenty of time to let Tony/Khabib fight and he fights that winner.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#203 » by Jasen777 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:22 pm

REDDzone wrote:Tony/Khabib fight

Well at least we'd find out who the best LW in the world is.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#204 » by REDDzone » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:46 pm

I wonder if Aldo would consider chasing Conor to 155. I mean he threatened retirement after not getting another shot at Conor, despite being given a made up belt, right? He has to know his belt is meaningless.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#205 » by Jasen777 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:29 pm

REDDzone wrote:I wonder if Aldo would consider chasing Conor to 155. I mean he threatened retirement after not getting another shot at Conor, despite being given a made up belt, right? He has to know his belt is meaningless.

Maybe.

Jose Aldo wants lightweight bout with ‘pu--y’ Conor McGregor after next title defense
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,269

Post#206 » by Shaazzam » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:32 pm

Whoa, he never defended the LW belt? I guess I knew that, but it's pretty **** lame.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#207 » by REDDzone » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:47 pm

Shaazzam wrote:Whoa, he never defended the LW belt? I guess I knew that, but it's pretty **** lame.

You mean FW belt I think.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,269

Post#208 » by Shaazzam » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:48 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:Whoa, he never defended the LW belt? I guess I knew that, but it's pretty **** lame.

You mean FW belt I think.

Derp, yeah.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#209 » by Jasen777 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:50 pm

He did recapture the money belt after Nate beat him.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,079
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#210 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:21 am

REDDzone wrote:I wonder if Aldo would consider chasing Conor to 155. I mean he threatened retirement after not getting another shot at Conor, despite being given a made up belt, right? He has to know his belt is meaningless.

Aldo got exactly what he wanted. He gets to be FW champ again, and doesn't have to deal with getting humiliated verbally and in the ring by Conor.

This was never about trying to get the win over Conor back, which is why he stopped making mentions of fighting Conor at "any time, any place" or at any weight after the UFC offered him the chance to fill in for RDA.

He wanted the belt back, that's all this is about. He'll be content to not fight Conor again, and pretend that Conor going to 155 and fighting tougher opponents was his way of ducking an Aldo rematch.

The internet seems to be rejoicing that Conor got stripped, but really, what did it accomplish? The division is no longer "hostage" and now guys can fight for the belt that no one is going to care about until the top of the division isn't based around guys that Conor already beat.

Hopefully Max Holloway can take out Pettis and Aldo in exciting fashion. I can see him calling out Conor for a 155 fight and actually getting it down the line, and I think they've both grown leaps and bounds since their last fight.

As far as Ferguson and Khabib: I think Khabib is the better fighter and would win that matchup, but I don't see how he has a claim over a title shot over Ferguson at all. Either they fight each other for the shot, or Ferguson should get it.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,389

Post#211 » by phanman » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:21 am

I think Aldo knows that if he doesn't avenge his loss against Conor or at least give him a competitive fight that his legacy/reign over the FW division becomes tainted. That 13s KO is just humiliating.. and although his actions afterwards come off as petty you have to feel for the guy who hasn't had the chance to get a rematch with the only guy that has beaten him in 11 years.

If Aldo gets through Pettis/Holloway, and Conor through Khabib/Ferg, a fight a rematch for the LW belt would be great fight to watch IMO. Aldo has always wanted to move up to LW and what better opportunity that to get that L back and become a 2-weight Champ :lol:
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#212 » by Jasen777 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 3:47 am

Ok, this is a good one from Conor.

Conor McGregor issued boxing license in California
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,389

Post#213 » by phanman » Thu Dec 1, 2016 7:34 pm

I wonder how many fights Conor has left on his contract. Imagine if he just jumped ship and became a boxer with how much more money they earn.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#214 » by REDDzone » Thu Dec 1, 2016 7:47 pm

Lol Conor is playing chess while the ufc is playing checkers. Meanwhile, the rest of the fighters haven't figured out how to color within the lines yet.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#215 » by lobosloboslobos » Fri Dec 2, 2016 7:10 pm

hey i'm only a casual follower of UFC but it seems to me that yes Aldo got screwed by not getting a rematch but that when you get KO'd in 13 seconds you tend to suffer the consequences no matter who you are. Besides, didn't Aldo get offered the rematch when dos Anjos got hurt? He declined and it went to Nate. And you can say he would only have had a month to train and that's true, but I find it hard to imagine that Conor would not jump at any chance to get in the ring pretty much anytime against a guy who had beat him.

Also, i get that people feel Conor has worked the system to his advantage. Clearly he has. But he has also fought 5 times in the past 16 months against very very tough opponents, so to say he is ducking seems weird. And as far as working the system, as far as I can tell it is a very unfair and rigged system to begin with, and personally I say more power to him for having the smarts and the talent and the balls to not get screwed around.

No doubt some people feel differently but that's my opinion...
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#216 » by REDDzone » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Conor said the ufc never told him they were stripping him. Its weird because Dana said it was his choice. In the meantime, he's going around correcting everyone who says he isn't the champion. :lol:

Also, Dana is saying that Conor is going to be out for 10 months. Conor is saying he has no idea where he got that. Just another lie.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#217 » by Headliner » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:36 pm

So it sounds like Conor for Mayweather is actually going to happen?
Or is this just still marketing?

Personally, I hate boxing, and aside from a few Tyson fights, I've never watched it. That said, zero chance I miss this if it were to happen.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#218 » by Jasen777 » Tue May 9, 2017 4:41 am

If Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor are going to meet in a boxing ring, it won't be on Sept. 16. That date -- which, according to UFC president Dana White, was the targeted night for the megafight -- now belongs to Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin.

"We just lost our date to Canelo and GGG," White told Fight Hub TV late Saturday night in Las Vegas. "But that's a good fight. I'll be at that one, too."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19338826/just-lost-our-date-floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Post#219 » by CPT » Wed May 10, 2017 2:01 pm

The ****? Like the date is the most important part of this?
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#220 » by Jasen777 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:31 pm

I've thought this was possible or likely, and now Dana is saying Conor might retire after a Mayweather fight. That probably makes it less likely though giving Dana's track record.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts