The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread

Moderator: CPT

Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,099
And1: 28,423
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#421 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Sep 4, 2019 4:56 pm

REDDzone wrote:Gordon's 2017 ADCC run may be the best ever.

In his weight division, he:
[*] Beat Danis
[*] Submitted Romulo
[*] Beat Xande
[*] Submitted Keenan (first and only time anyone has ever done that)

In the Absolutes, he:
[*] Submitted Cyborg
[*] Submitted Craig Jones
[*] Submitted Mahamed Aly

He's won double gold at nogi world's and nogi pan's since that time.

Again, not a fan of his, but hopefully he's healthy for ADCC because it really is something else to watch him compete.


I haven't seen if Felipe Pena is competing this year. Do you know if he is? I know Keenan ended up bouncing up a weight class so I know he is up with Gordon again, Ryan is going to have his hands full at -99kg. Haven't heard if Pena is competing though. I would love to see that rematch as well.
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,603
And1: 3,476
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#422 » by REDDzone » Wed Sep 4, 2019 5:08 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I haven't seen if Felipe Pena is competing this year. Do you know if he is? I know Keenan ended up bouncing up a weight class so I know he is up with Gordon again, Ryan is going to have his hands full at -99kg. Haven't heard if Pena is competing though. I would love to see that rematch as well.


So, the way ADCC works is the Absolute champion faces the previous superfight winner. So Andre Galvao won the Absolute division in 2011 and has won the superfight every ADCC since. Felipe Pena won the Absolute in 2017 (beating Gordon by points in the final), which means he faces Galvao in the Superfight in 2019, so he won't be in the divisions.

99kg is a strong division, like all ADCC divisions, but I do think Gordon will benefit from Yuri Simoes moving up. Gordon beat Yuri in IBJJF but IMO would have had a harder time in ADCC given the penalty for guard pulling (that said, heel hooks are legal in ADCC so that is probably more than evens things out tbh).
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,603
And1: 3,476
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#423 » by REDDzone » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:42 pm

ADCC this weekend!
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,099
And1: 28,423
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#424 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:08 pm

Craig Jones is just so fun watching him attacking legs.
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,603
And1: 3,476
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#425 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:50 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Craig Jones is just so fun watching him attacking legs.


Did you watch Tonon/Canuto?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,099
And1: 28,423
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#426 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:47 am

REDDzone wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Craig Jones is just so fun watching him attacking legs.


Did you watch Tonon/Canuto?


Ya. Easy match of the night in my opinion.
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,099
And1: 28,423
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#427 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:34 pm

Gordon flips the double birds to the crowd after the win. Hate him all you want, but the dude is a flat out beast in no gi. He walked through his division.
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,099
And1: 28,423
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#428 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:30 pm

Tonon vs Ryan is going to be very interesting
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,099
And1: 28,423
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#429 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:45 pm

God Gordon is amazing. Taps Tonon with ease. This dude is going to make some noise when he makes his move to MMA. If he gets a hold of anyone, it will be game over.
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,099
And1: 28,423
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#430 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:09 am

Gordon laughing mid match when Buchecha went for the heel hook.

The dude is 24 and has nothing left to prove with no gi. He has said MMA is his ultimate goal, I think it's time that should be his primary focus.

If I'm Dana I don't let the chance of One of Belator getting their hands on him. I sign him right away and just have him go through the contender or something. He will be very easy to market for the UFC.
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,131
And1: 896
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#431 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:01 am

You think his supps are USADA approved?
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,099
And1: 28,423
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#432 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:37 am

cowboyronnie wrote:You think his supps are USADA approved?


God no. I think Dana knows that as well. If I was Dana I would sign him for the contender series that will start in a year. Say you have a year to focus nothing but MMA and get yourself clean.

Juice or no juice, his BJJ skills are insane.
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,603
And1: 3,476
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#433 » by REDDzone » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:13 pm

He's actually almost open about being on steroids. He sarcastically talks about how he would never dream of taking steroids because nobody else in jiu jitsu does. lol.

IDK what his plan is for USADA. Anyone who can, should watch his first match this weekend. The dude is the best I've ever seen without the gi on. I don't think it's close honestly.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,603
And1: 3,476
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#434 » by REDDzone » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:14 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Gordon laughing mid match when Buchecha went for the heel hook.


The thing is Buchecha is NOT bad at attacking the feet. I can think of two ADCC wins he has by heel hook off the top of my head, which probably means there are more. But Gordon literally started laughing when he went for the feet, and Buchecha laughed to and shrugged his shoulders and gave it up. :lol:

It'll be interesting to see if Andre really does come back to compete against Gordon. Also, LOL at Gordon begging ADCC to let him complete in both the division and the superfight in 2021. Dude is just a savage.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,603
And1: 3,476
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#435 » by REDDzone » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:17 pm

Also, anyone see Lachlan's run?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,099
And1: 28,423
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#436 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:20 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Gordon laughing mid match when Buchecha went for the heel hook.


The thing is Buchecha is NOT bad at attacking the feet. I can think of two ADCC wins he has by heel hook off the top of my head, which probably means there are more. But Gordon literally started laughing when he went for the feet, and Buchecha laughed to and shrugged his shoulders. :lol:


Laughing in general against a Buchecha attack is a hell of a statement haha. For a match that didnt have much, that was the telling point in my opinion. It wasn't even a fake cocky laugh by Gordon, you could tell it was a real, "wait are you serious right now" reaction by him. And Buchecha's reaction was like the, "I had to try something" haha.

Gordon put on a freaking show this weekend. The gap between him and everyone else is ridiculously large at the moment.
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,099
And1: 28,423
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#437 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:22 pm

REDDzone wrote:Also, anyone see Lachlan's run?


I didnt. After his match with Gordon I saw a ton of people talking about this great run he was putting together though. Sad I missed it.
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,603
And1: 3,476
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#438 » by REDDzone » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:23 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Laughing in general against a Buchecha attack is a hell of a statement haha. For a match that didnt have much, that was the telling point in my opinion. It wasn't even a fake cocky laugh by Gordon, you could tell it was a real, "wait are you serious right now" reaction by him. And Buchecha's reaction was like the, "I had to try something" haha.

Gordon put on a freaking show this weekend. The gap between him and everyone else is ridiculously large at the moment.


Not to harp on this but I heard an interview or insta post or something where he basically said his first match is what happens when someone tries to play jiu jitsu with him (back take within 45 seconds, submisison in about 1.5 mins) and the rest of the matches are what happens when guys try to stall on top and just play defense the entire time without opening up at all. I thought that was telling, and true. Props to Spriggs for trying SOMETHING with the backtake attempt off the HH entry but it ended with him on bottom and then back taken and strangles very shortly after.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,099
And1: 28,423
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#439 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:24 pm

REDDzone wrote:He's actually almost open about being on steroids. He sarcastically talks about how he would never dream of taking steroids because nobody else in jiu jitsu does. lol.

IDK what his plan is for USADA. Anyone who can, should watch his first match this weekend. The dude is the best I've ever seen without the gi on. I don't think it's close honestly.


I wouldnt be surprised if whoever he signs with, they kind of have an under the table agreement of, you gotta give me a certain amount of time before Im officially put onto your roster and into your testing pool.
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,603
And1: 3,476
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#440 » by REDDzone » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:26 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Also, anyone see Lachlan's run?


I didnt. After his match with Gordon I saw a ton of people talking about this great run he was putting together though. Sad I missed it.


After losing in the first round of weight vs Lepri, he:

1) Tapped Kaynan (mundials and ADCC gold medalist)
2) Tapped Gaudio (Pan gold medalist and mundials medalist)
3) Tapped Aly (mundials gold medalist)

The he got tapped by Gordon of course lol.

Lachlan is 77kg, the rest of those guys are 99 kg plus.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts