Official Drug Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Official Drug Thread 

Post#241 » by REDDzone » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:21 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:So apparently UFC has a new, undisclosed policy that goes back to August 31st such that adverse findings don't result in sanctions unless the amount is deemed to be performance enhancing?

Seems legit lol.

Haha in other words, if you are popular enough of a fighter, we will let it slide. If you're guys like Tom Lawler or Sean O'Connell, you get months-years suspensions while the UFC bends over backwards to keep Jon Jones and Diaz in their fights even though they tested for the same exact thing.

Agree with your sentiment, but I believe it's Sean O'Malley that you are thinking of that popped.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#242 » by REDDzone » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:22 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Lol someone made a thread on another forum asking where he can buy vegan juice cut with SARMS.

Sounds like a good value!

Apparently it's such a small amount it doesn't matter.

I'm going to need to hear the amount in either 1) picograms or 2) how many grains of sand in an olympic sized swimming pool before I just accept that explanation.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#243 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:33 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:So apparently UFC has a new, undisclosed policy that goes back to August 31st such that adverse findings don't result in sanctions unless the amount is deemed to be performance enhancing?

Seems legit lol.

Haha in other words, if you are popular enough of a fighter, we will let it slide. If you're guys like Tom Lawler or Sean O'Connell, you get months-years suspensions while the UFC bends over backwards to keep Jon Jones and Diaz in their fights even though they tested for the same exact thing.

Agree with your sentiment, but I believe it's Sean O'Malley that you are thinking of that popped.

Ya that's who I meant. Brain fart.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,720

Post#244 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:36 pm

Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,826

Post#245 » by Jasen777 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:36 am

Diaz claiming the drug report was "made up" and some sort of conspiracy against him.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#246 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:44 pm

Jasen777 wrote:Diaz claiming the drug report was "made up" and some sort of conspiracy against him.

He did not say that the finding was made up or that there was a conspiracy against him. There was a conspiracy but it was one they were trying to *involve him in*, as a co-conspirator, to keep the finding secret until it could be made go away after the fight.

This actually seems like Nate might have had some integrity. His description of the events is pretty righteous.

I'm surprised. Cos Nick, specifically, has been ridic irrational about USADA. He complained for a decade that the sport was filled with drug users. Action is taken. Now he complains about having to make himself available for drug testing.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#247 » by REDDzone » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:09 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:Diaz claiming the drug report was "made up" and some sort of conspiracy against him.

He did not say that the finding was made up or that there was a conspiracy against him. There was a conspiracy but it was one they were trying to *involve him in*, as a co-conspirator, to keep the finding secret until it could be made go away after the fight.

This actually seems like Nate might have had some integrity. His description of the events is pretty righteous.

I'm surprised. Cos Nick, specifically, has been ridic irrational about USADA. He complained for a decade that the sport was filled with drug users. Action is taken. Now he complains about having to make himself available for drug testing.

He said exactly what Jasen said he did.

"I thought it was all made up and a bunch of bulls--- anyway," Diaz said. "It's behind us. Now we can move on."

"It's only cheating if you jump in under the influence of that s---, right?" Diaz said. "So let's just say I did accidentally take some s---, which I didn't. Let's just say I did, though. Well then let's just f---ing fight in a couple of months when the s--- wears off. I have no problem with that. I don't care if it ruins the show. You ain't ruining my whole legacy."

"Yeah, but I don't believe them anyway," Diaz said when asked if the USADA told him which supplement came back contaminated. "It's just a whole bunch of natural s--- I use. I don't know. It's a conspiracy."

"Every time after a fight, relationships change with the whole company," Diaz said. "... Now, what if I win this fight? They can't have a real m-----f---er like me owning this whole s---. Too many people are gonna hear it. I'm not gonna bust nobody out, but I feel they need some type of leverage over me to keep me from being the king of the whole s---."

Oh being "exonerated"...
"Oh, I'm good now?" Diaz said. "This is all just made up. They had it out for my brother for a long time. They had it out for me for a long time. As soon as they could get me out, they could. As soon as they could get him out, they could. I do not believe a second of any of it."

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/27952507/nate-diaz-blasts-usada-says-fight-jorge-masvidal
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#248 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:59 am

Oh. I read a way more truncated version
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#249 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:18 am

Jasen777 wrote:CB Dollaway suspended two years by USADA after testing positive for multiple banned substances

“Dollaway, 35, tested positive for anastrozole, growth hormone releasing peptide 2 (GHRP-2 or pralmorelin), a metabolite of GHRP-2, and GHRP-6 as the result of an out-of-competition urine sample he provided on December 19, 2018. Anastrozole is a Specified Substance in the class of Hormone and Metabolic Modulators, while GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 are Specified Substances in the class of Peptide Hormones, Growth Factors, Related Substances and Mimetics.

“Dollaway also tested positive for clomiphene in an out-of-competition urine sample collected on February 9, 2019.”

Dollaway was also busted for using an IV over the allowed limit by athletes competing in the UFC....

“In light of the recent decision made by USADA to issue me a two year sanction, I want it to be very clear that I did not knowingly nor intentionally take any performance enhancing drugs,” Dollaway wrote on Instagram. “As many people close to me are aware, I suffered a serious back injury in 2016. With my insurance capped out, I needed to find alternative solution if I wanted to continue to compete in mixed martial arts.,

“I traveled to Mexico to have a stem cell procedure done and ended up coming into contact with the mentioned substances. I am sorry to let my friends, family and fans down. I want to personally thank Donna Marcolini, the VP of health and performance of the UFC, for her assistance and for believing in me. I will take this time to continue working on my health and hopefully be ready to come back in 2020 as a healthy athlete/fighter for the first time since 2016.”

I don't know if I buy his excuse, seems more like he thought he was near the end and went "**** it, I'll take everything".

It is a shame that fighters don't have pro athlete level medical care though.

Dollaway fights this weekend in Japan, with a year left on his suspension. RIZIN simply doesn't recognize the U.S. sanctions.

That's pretty obnoxious. He won't ever fight again in the U.S. Hopefully they also ban him from cornering, getting backroom credentials, coaching H.S. wrestling, and all the rest. Otherwise, guys late in their career can just run crazy stacks (as Dollaway did) and jump ship if they're caught. They may as well.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Official Drug Thread 

Post#250 » by AirCanadaMouse » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:42 am

I saw the weigh ins, he’s very clearly he’s still juiced.

PS: it should be a bigger deal that Herb Dean almost had CB killed. That was the worst non stoppage I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Thank you Clutch0z24
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#251 » by Jasen777 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:45 am

cowboyronnie wrote: coaching H.S. wrestling, and all the rest.

Pretty sure none of the commissions have authority for things like that.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#252 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:19 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote: coaching H.S. wrestling, and all the rest.

Pretty sure none of the commissions have authority for things like that.

No commission (state or national) has authority over any other. But most sympathetically respect the determinations of all the others. I don't think it's crazy to think that an amateur combat sport association would choose to recognize that Dollaway is spurning a professional commission. Amateur organizations can be really strict with giving out coaching licenses to people with criminal convictions, for example (here in Ontario, I have a friend who can't get a coaching license for boxing because of an assault conviction...he coaches for a living but literally has to scream instructions to his fighters from the front row cos they wont let him in the corner).
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#253 » by Susan » Wed Jan 1, 2020 2:41 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:CB Dollaway suspended two years by USADA after testing positive for multiple banned substances

“Dollaway, 35, tested positive for anastrozole, growth hormone releasing peptide 2 (GHRP-2 or pralmorelin), a metabolite of GHRP-2, and GHRP-6 as the result of an out-of-competition urine sample he provided on December 19, 2018. Anastrozole is a Specified Substance in the class of Hormone and Metabolic Modulators, while GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 are Specified Substances in the class of Peptide Hormones, Growth Factors, Related Substances and Mimetics.

“Dollaway also tested positive for clomiphene in an out-of-competition urine sample collected on February 9, 2019.”

Dollaway was also busted for using an IV over the allowed limit by athletes competing in the UFC....

“In light of the recent decision made by USADA to issue me a two year sanction, I want it to be very clear that I did not knowingly nor intentionally take any performance enhancing drugs,” Dollaway wrote on Instagram. “As many people close to me are aware, I suffered a serious back injury in 2016. With my insurance capped out, I needed to find alternative solution if I wanted to continue to compete in mixed martial arts.,

“I traveled to Mexico to have a stem cell procedure done and ended up coming into contact with the mentioned substances. I am sorry to let my friends, family and fans down. I want to personally thank Donna Marcolini, the VP of health and performance of the UFC, for her assistance and for believing in me. I will take this time to continue working on my health and hopefully be ready to come back in 2020 as a healthy athlete/fighter for the first time since 2016.”

I don't know if I buy his excuse, seems more like he thought he was near the end and went "**** it, I'll take everything".

It is a shame that fighters don't have pro athlete level medical care though.

Dollaway fights this weekend in Japan, with a year left on his suspension. RIZIN simply doesn't recognize the U.S. sanctions.

That's pretty obnoxious. He won't ever fight again in the U.S. Hopefully they also ban him from cornering, getting backroom credentials, coaching H.S. wrestling, and all the rest. Otherwise, guys late in their career can just run crazy stacks (as Dollaway did) and jump ship if they're caught. They may as well.

He got VERY knocked out today.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#254 » by REDDzone » Thu Jan 9, 2020 3:10 pm

So Nate Diaz tainted supplement came from...wait for it...his own supplement company.

Hilarious.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#255 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 9, 2020 10:49 pm

lol wut
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#256 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:22 am

That's just good business. He saw a market of people on steroids ("all of them"), and met that demand.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#257 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:14 pm

You can confidently say everyone is on steroids...

...if you're the one giving everyone the steroids.

Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#258 » by Jasen777 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:19 am

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts