Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 4

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 4 

Post#1861 » by REDDzone » Fri May 25, 2018 2:06 pm

Quick sidenote, is this forum absolute garbage for anyone else? I only post from my work computer so maybe that's the problem, but it is sooo slow and constantly crashing. Its maddening. Sometimes before/after events I post from the realgm app from my phone and don't have any issues. My work computer doesn't have any issues on any other website btw.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#1862 » by Bernman » Fri May 25, 2018 3:13 pm

REDDzone wrote:Quick sidenote, is this forum absolute garbage for anyone else? I only post from my work computer so maybe that's the problem, but it is sooo slow and constantly crashing. Its maddening. Sometimes before/after events I post from the realgm app from my phone and don't have any issues. My work computer doesn't have any issues on any other website btw.

It's been smooth for me ever since I downloaded AdBlockerPlus. Beforehand I had constant problems with it.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,877

Post#1863 » by Jasen777 » Fri May 25, 2018 5:24 pm

Haven't had many problems but I've always used adblock, and I also use it to block the headline sections and those things on the bottom (don't remember everything).
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,744

Post#1864 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat May 26, 2018 2:37 am

Yeah, I got Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, using Google Chrome & use Ublock. No issues here.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#1865 » by cowboyronnie » Sat May 26, 2018 2:44 am

Nick Diaz Arrested for Suspicion of Strangulation and Battery in Vegas
According to multiple reports, Nick Diaz has allegedly been arrested and charged with felony domestic battery by strangulation, as well as misdemeanor domestic battery. The news was first reported on Twitter by mixed martial arts personality Front Row Brian.

MMA Junkie later reported that an unnamed person within the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department identified the arrested party as Ultimate Fighting Championship fighter Nick Diaz. The victim was female and was transported to a local hospital.

According to MMAJunkie, Diaz was allegedly combative with officers during the arrest and his bail was set at $18,000. He reportedly remains in custody and will likely post bail after a court hearing scheduled for Saturday at 9 a.m. PT.

“UFC is aware of the recent arrest of middleweight athlete, Nick Diaz,” stated the promotion on Friday evening. “The organization does not tolerate domestic violence and requires all athletes to adhere to the UFC Fighter Conduct Policy. Every athlete is deserving of due process and this situation, as with any official allegations, will be duly reviewed and thoroughly investigated by an independent party.”

Diaz hasn’t been active as of late, as the polarizing fighter hasn’t stepped in the cage since Jan. 31, 2015, when he lost to Anderson Silva at UFC 183. The bout’s result was later changed to a no-contest after both fighters failed drug tests.

http://m.sherdog.com/news/news/Report-Nick-Diaz-Arrested-for-Suspicion-of-Domestic-Battery-by-Strangulation-in-Las-Vegas-137275
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#1866 » by Wo1verine » Sat May 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Part of me wants them to comeback so they can get smashed.
BrunoSkull
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#1867 » by Bernman » Sat May 26, 2018 3:58 pm

Le got starched by Aguilar. Not really a surprise because they were both blue tooth prospects. Le got a little crazy with the wheel kick attempts and Aguilar stayed poised, countering him sharply off it. Then showed his power and boxing technique to finish off Le with a combo. Sign Aguilar to the UFC already, and maybe give Le one more LFA fight then another DWTNCS shot.

Much more a surprise was Cutts beating Brahimaj. Although that was a questionable decision, after Brahimaj was rolling early and hurt himself on a high amplitude slam of Cutts. He'll be back but it's a setback.

Damon Jackson also deserves the call back to the UFC finally. Only lost to Aguilar. Boxing has improved, but just wants to aggressively use that to set up td's and swim on you on the ground. Looked impressive to me last go round too though.

Good night of fights like I was telling you guys.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
kimuradragon
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#1868 » by kimuradragon » Sun May 27, 2018 2:33 am

Renato Laranja Endorses Darren Till

spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,753

Post#1869 » by spykelee » Tue May 29, 2018 1:52 am

Bisping officially retires. Had a hell of a ufc career from Tuf 3. Several ufc records.

I enjoy him on pre and post fight shows. Hopefully he sticks with that
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#1870 » by Headliner » Tue May 29, 2018 3:22 pm

Yup, great career. He's been both greatly over rated and under rated through out his career.
I really hope that he sticks in the pre/post fight shows, but he's extremely entertaining on them.

A side note, I was a little surprised to see Michael Chiesa on the show. He ended up being pretty good for his first time and he a decent fit with bisping. My guess is this was a 'we'll take care of you' move in exchange for some lenience on going after them/Conor in court.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#1871 » by Headliner » Tue May 29, 2018 3:24 pm

Apparently along with Nick's charges she claims he was amped up on a coke bender.
The Diaz brothers are going to spiral and burn out with their red panty night riches.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#1872 » by lilfishi22 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:25 pm

Headliner wrote:Apparently along with Nick's charges she claims he was amped up on a coke bender.
The Diaz brothers are going to spiral and burn out with their red panty night riches.

I'm surprised they haven't done so already (as in became public knowledge). Both Diaz made bank with their fight against GSP/McG.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#1873 » by Susan » Wed May 30, 2018 3:26 am

cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1874 » by cowboyronnie » Thu May 31, 2018 2:50 am

I do not like the Diaz bros being spoken of as equivalents. Nick has had a HOF career. Personality aside, he's a **** legend. The Lawler KO, the Gomi gogo, Silva, going 5 w/ prime GSP, etc. And so many highlights of backing dudes down until they're just shells of themselves: Shamrock, Cyborg, Penn, etc. His HL reel is crazy. And starting as like a 18 y/o in 2001.

Where, Nate has losses to countless middling fighters. Two big wins, maybe? To Cowboy and to Conor. Plus, some remarkable destructions against Markham and Maynard. But other than that? MFer is 19 and 11. And has been destroyed himself a bunch of times (Rory, Josh).

It's disrespect Nick to equate these two in terms of accomplishments in the ring.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,483

Post#1875 » by Duke4life831 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:54 am

Susan wrote:

Thank you for that!
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,483

Post#1876 » by Duke4life831 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:56 am

spykelee wrote:Bisping officially retires. Had a hell of a ufc career from Tuf 3. Several ufc records.

I enjoy him on pre and post fight shows. Hopefully he sticks with that

With ESPN buying TV rights to the UFC Im sure there is going to be some kind of pre fight shows. I think Bisping would fit in very well with ESPN. Get Chael to retire and have him hype up the fights all week on ESPN then have Bisping on the prefight show and UFC would be set.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#1877 » by Susan » Thu May 31, 2018 12:53 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:I do not like the Diaz bros being spoken of as equivalents. Nick has had a HOF career. Personality aside, he's a **** legend. The Lawler KO, the Gomi gogo, Silva, going 5 w/ prime GSP, etc. And so many highlights of backing dudes down until they're just shells of themselves: Shamrock, Cyborg, Penn, etc. His HL reel is crazy. And starting as like a 18 y/o in 2001.

Where, Nate has losses to countless middling fighters. Two big wins, maybe? To Cowboy and to Conor. Plus, some remarkable destructions against Markham and Maynard. But other than that? MFer is 19 and 11. And has been destroyed himself a bunch of times (Rory, Josh).

It's disrespect Nick to equate these two in terms of accomplishments in the ring.

I agree 100% with you but I think in terms of overall accomplishments, winning over Conor on 9 days notice is probably one of the greatest moments in MMA history. Overall Nick had a bunch of badass moments across multiple orgs and his star was brighter for longer but Nate's callout of Conor and then win was a transcendent moment in MMA which is something that Nick doesn't really have.

Regardless, that style is so special. Their wins over Conor, Michael Johnson, Cowboy, Semtex and Robbie were some of my favorite moments in the sport. All technique, toughness, cardio and ****=talking.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,711

Post#1878 » by NZB2323 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:08 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:I do not like the Diaz bros being spoken of as equivalents. Nick has had a HOF career. Personality aside, he's a **** legend. The Lawler KO, the Gomi gogo, Silva, going 5 w/ prime GSP, etc. And so many highlights of backing dudes down until they're just shells of themselves: Shamrock, Cyborg, Penn, etc. His HL reel is crazy. And starting as like a 18 y/o in 2001.

I have to disagree with this. You list going 5 rounds with GSP as an accomplishment. Diaz was right in the middle of a streak of 7 consecutive fights where GSP went 5 rounds. I'm not sure why being Anderson Silva's only win in 5 fights is a great accomplishment either. What's so impressive about beating up a washed up Penn?

Nate Diaz holds the record for most significant strikes landed in a fight against one of the best strikers in his division. He's one of two fighters to submit Jim Miller. He beat Conor on 9 days notice. I'm also not sure that Nate's losses are worse.

They're pretty close.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1879 » by REDDzone » Thu May 31, 2018 6:31 pm

I agree Nick is better but who are the middling fighters Nate has losses too? Seems like mostly good guys to me, or at least good at the time.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1880 » by cowboyronnie » Thu May 31, 2018 8:10 pm

Clay Guida? Joe Daddy? I mean, Joe Stevenson had won 1 of 4 when he beat Nate. Then won another and lost 6 straight. "Middling" is flattering.

"Most significant strikes in a single fight" is sort of a back-handed (no pun) accomplishment. It's like putting up the most yardage in an NFL game in which you never score a TD. Esp when you're wearing 4 oz gloves.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts