Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 4

Moderator: lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 4 

Post#1381 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:21 pm

Moose officially becoming a Bellator fighter is bittersweet.

On the one hand, I would've loved to see him fight the Rockhold's, Bispings and Whitakers of the UFC MW and gain the one title he hasn't been able to capture in his otherwise very well decorated career.

On the other hand, I love seeing him get taken care of by a guy who by all measures and by all testimony is a great guy who actually cares about his fighter. I mean, how often do you hear Coker disparage his fighters for not being a draw, throwing them under the bus for a potential medical condition or holding grudges? There are some interesting match ups for Moose there too and I'm more and more interested in Bellator now.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,877

Post#1382 » by Jasen777 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:28 pm

REDDzone wrote:I was thinking it would be more likely that he would end up fighting Rory.

That's what they'll probably do at some point, but isn't he a bit big for Rory?
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#1383 » by Susan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:35 am

Rory/Moose can really build Bellator. I really love that fight and you can have these guys bouncing from division to division building themselves up. Great great great move for Bellator.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1384 » by REDDzone » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:I was thinking it would be more likely that he would end up fighting Rory.

That's what they'll probably do at some point, but isn't he a bit big for Rory?

Well if they're talking Chael/Rory it would seem Moose/Rory would be fine. I think people (not you) tend to overestimate Mousasi's size because he fought at LHW for years. But he was always the dude who would weigh in at 203 for the 205 fight, he was always a MW tbh.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1385 » by REDDzone » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:13 pm

Mousasi cites "freedom" as his reason for leaving. The first aspect of that is sponsorship, of course. Joe Lauzon is probably pissed to hear that he didn't like the reebok deal.

The second aspect is he said he has the freedom to fight elsewhere. Now this one is a little puzzling to me. I would be pretty surprised if he doesn't have an exclusive contract. Here is what I think he probably meant: 1) maybe bellator offered him a kickboxing match in one of their kickboxing events, or 2) maybe he would go to Rizin for a NYE fight or something? Less sure about this one but there is precedent for it.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1386 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:40 pm

I thought I read Coker say he's letting MVP do some random boxing match while he waits for Daley to heal up or something. Wouldn't be surprised if someone of Moose's calibre is allowed to fight in one of those partnered shows whether it's Rizin, kickboxing or even straight boxing.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1387 » by Jasen777 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:14 pm

REDDzone wrote:The second aspect is he said he has the freedom to fight elsewhere. Now this one is a little puzzling to me. I would be pretty surprised if he doesn't have an exclusive contract. Here is what I think he probably meant: 1) maybe bellator offered him a kickboxing match in one of their kickboxing events, or 2) maybe he would go to Rizin for a NYE fight or something? Less sure about this one but there is precedent for it.

I think he said something about boxing and opportunities in Russia but not Japan or kickboxing because they had not paid people. And not that he was going to, just that he could.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1388 » by Susan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:47 pm

REDDzone wrote:Mousasi cites "freedom" as his reason for leaving. The first aspect of that is sponsorship, of course. Joe Lauzon is probably pissed to hear that he didn't like the reebok deal.

The second aspect is he said he has the freedom to fight elsewhere. Now this one is a little puzzling to me. I would be pretty surprised if he doesn't have an exclusive contract. Here is what I think he probably meant: 1) maybe bellator offered him a kickboxing match in one of their kickboxing events, or 2) maybe he would go to Rizin for a NYE fight or something? Less sure about this one but there is precedent for it.

Gotta be Rizin. I really wonder what MMA would be like if you had a prime Strikeforce collaborating with a prime PRIDE.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1389 » by Jasen777 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:03 am

Susan wrote:Gotta be Rizin. I really wonder what MMA would be like if you had a prime Strikeforce collaborating with a prime PRIDE.

Or a Strikeforce/WEC merger.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1390 » by Jasen777 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Kevin Lee says that he has agreed to coach TUF 26 (women's flyweights to crown a new champion apparently) and says the are trying to get Gaethje to coach also.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1391 » by Jasen777 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Demetrious Johnson wins ESPY for Fighter of the Year

Wednesday, he pulled off an upset victory, as “Mighty Mouse” took the ESPY Award for Best Fighter. Johnson won the fan-voted award over UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor and boxers Terence Crawford, Gennady Golovkin, and Andre Ward.

This marks the third straight year an MMA fighter has won the award. Ronda Rousey took the honor in 2015 and McGregor did so last year. McGregor’s Aug. 26 boxing foe, Floyd Mayweather, won the award each of the three years before Rousey.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1392 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:14 pm

Good to see MM get some recognition. Kinda flies in the face of Dana's "threats" of closing the division.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1393 » by REDDzone » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:43 pm

MMAHour Listen: This little known UFC fighter (1-2 ufc record) Chase Sherman is on. IDK if anyone else will care about this but I'm kind a financial nerd. He makes 10 and 10. He lives in subsidized housing and used to literally live in a shed, has a son, is talking about how he has (at least) 50k in debt, his friends and family were paying for him to live, drives his grandma's car. He only had $100 to his name recently, etc.

So he won a 50k bonus in his last fight I guess. Ariel asks if he is going to clear his debt with his bonus and the dude says no and throws out possibly "investing" in a timeshare with it. I'm just cringing this entire interview.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#1394 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:25 pm

REDDzone wrote:MMAHour Listen: This little known UFC fighter (1-2 ufc record) Chase Sherman is on. IDK if anyone else will care about this but I'm kind a financial nerd. He makes 10 and 10. He lives in subsidized housing and used to literally live in a shed, has a son, is talking about how he has (at least) 50k in debt, his friends and family were paying for him to live, drives his grandma's car. He only had $100 to his name recently, etc.

So he won a 50k bonus in his last fight I guess. Ariel asks if he is going to clear his debt with his bonus and the dude says no and throws out possibly "investing" in a timeshare with it. I'm just cringing this entire interview.

LOL

Timeshares are the herpes of the investment world.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1395 » by Susan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:40 pm

REDDzone wrote:MMAHour Listen: This little known UFC fighter (1-2 ufc record) Chase Sherman is on. IDK if anyone else will care about this but I'm kind a financial nerd. He makes 10 and 10. He lives in subsidized housing and used to literally live in a shed, has a son, is talking about how he has (at least) 50k in debt, his friends and family were paying for him to live, drives his grandma's car. He only had $100 to his name recently, etc.

Did he outline what this timeshare was? I'd love to get involved!
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1396 » by REDDzone » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:43 pm

It sounded like it would be a timeshare/condo near his gym or something, as he's one of these dudes who flies in for his fight camps.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1397 » by Susan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:47 pm

REDDzone wrote:It sounded like it would be a timeshare/condo near his gym or something, as he's one of these dudes who flies in for his fight camps.

Wanna go in on it?! We can then train at whatever dump city this guy trains at!? (saying this full well expecting that he's training at Rufusport in Milwaukee)
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1398 » by REDDzone » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:22 pm

IDK I thought he said it was in FL but I think he trains at Jackson's so it makes even less sense.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#1399 » by Bernman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:26 pm

Susan wrote:
REDDzone wrote:It sounded like it would be a timeshare/condo near his gym or something, as he's one of these dudes who flies in for his fight camps.

Wanna go in on it?! We can then train at whatever dump city this guy trains at!? (saying this full well expecting that he's training at Rufusport in Milwaukee)

The irony is Roufusport has a Fighter House, so if he traveled in to train there he wouldn't need to invest in a time share. Just pay as he stayed in said "dump" city.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1400 » by REDDzone » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:13 pm

No, the irony is that despite the fact that Milwaukee is indeed a dump, Susan is the one who called it out and he's from Chicago. :)

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts