Non-threadworthy UFC Events Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,744

Re: Non-threadworthy UFC Events Thread 

Post#1841 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:29 pm

Has Volkov commented if he supports Russia's actions or not?
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#1842 » by Dupp » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:49 pm

Nah he hasnt.

Great performance by Tom.. Total domination and skillset
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#1843 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:06 pm

Dupp wrote:Nah he hasnt.

Great performance by Tom.. Total domination and skillset

Yeah agreed, I was expecting at *LEAST* a 3 round fight.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#1844 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:28 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Has Volkov commented if he supports Russia's actions or not?

Krylov opted to go with no flag, wasn't introduced as fighting out of Russia, and the little spot for a flag in his title card was empty. But he appears to largely rehearse the Russian talking points...or at least has been presented as such by, e.g. Russia Today. Three other fighters just straight wore the Russian flag.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1845 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:50 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Has Volkov commented if he supports Russia's actions or not?

Krylov opted to go with no flag, wasn't introduced as fighting out of Russia, and the little spot for a flag in his title card was empty. But he appears to largely rehearse the Russian talking points...or at least has been presented as such by, e.g. Russia Today. Three other fighters just straight wore the Russian flag.

I got this wrong. He usually fights under the Ukrainian flag but opted to forego any flag cos he's got apparent sympathy for the invaders. Once again, there's a Russia Today article where he hits all of Putin's talking points.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1846 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:56 pm

Damn, it's hilarious to watch Dana's reaction to a reporter suggesting Toporia is the fight to make for Paddy. Dana skated past that very quick. Topuria's opponent from last night got KOd so brutally he looked like a figure from Geurnica, his limbs left in every which direction. No way are they going to put Paddy in there with such a violent finisher (a heavy-handed striker with wrestling, at that). Competition and storyline-wise, it's overwhelmingly the fight to make. But they're looking to keep float Paddy a bunch of easy wins, no doubt.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,033
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#1847 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:12 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Damn, it's hilarious to watch Dana's reaction to a reporter suggesting Toporia is the fight to make for Paddy. Dana skated past that very quick. Topuria's opponent from last night got KOd so brutally he looked like a figure from Geurnica, his limbs left in every which direction. No way are they going to put Paddy in there with such a violent finisher (a heavy-handed striker with wrestling, at that). Competition and storyline-wise, it's overwhelmingly the fight to make. But they're looking to keep float Paddy a bunch of easy wins, no doubt.

Thought the same thing. Paddy is already getting clipped by everyone, no way they throw him into it with Topuria.

Tom Aspinall looked so fast and technical in all phases. He's going to be a tough out for anyone.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1848 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:14 am

They're in the same division, they just fought on the same night, they have well-publicized, emotional beef, and Topuria has done nothing but call out Paddy.

The fact the UFC won't even dignify that this is a fight-to-make says everything you need to know about their confidence in Paddy.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1849 » by Dupp » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:49 am

Ilia is actually suppose to be at 145 and he wants to return to 145. This was just a short notice thing. He did say he’ll bounce around both divisions though.

His last fight he pulled out of was 145 where he wasn’t gonna make weight ( a day after calling someone else a bitch for pulling out with covid… good karma there, he’s kind of a tool)… but ufc might try push him to 155 if he misses again.

I’m actually with the ufc here. The fight would do well because of the bad blood but then what? You hurt a prospect. Keep building them both.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1850 » by REDDzone » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:12 pm

Dupp wrote:Allen is the most underrated fighr on the roster. Needs to fight more than once a year.

Agreed, one of the better fighters that nobody has ever heard of.

Kills his own momentum with every year off between fights though. :dontknow:
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1851 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:25 pm

To be fair, it's a lot of decisions against C fighters. Lentz, Gilbert Melendez (in 2019)...a bunch of people I don't even know.

Yussuf is the only fighter of note...Hooker was 21-10 and shop-worn.

Also, look at his actual finish of Hooker. He missed a lot of shots, it's pretty ridiculous how he planted his feet and his started throwing those palm down punches.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,033
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#1852 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:09 am

"Build them up" always sounds like "feed them cans."
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1853 » by REDDzone » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:55 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:To be fair, it's a lot of decisions against C fighters. Lentz, Gilbert Melendez (in 2019)...a bunch of people I don't even know.

Yussuf is the only fighter of note...Hooker was 21-10 and shop-worn.

Also, look at his actual finish of Hooker. He missed a lot of shots, it's pretty ridiculous how he planted his feet and his started throwing those palm down punches.

I'm a big fan of Sodiq so maybe that's the disconnect. Regardless I think the point stands. Nobody cares when you don't fight.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1854 » by Dupp » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:10 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:"Build them up" always sounds like "feed them cans."

Dude got paid 12 + 12… he should be fighting me for that much.

But yes beyond that feed then cans and build them up and make some money. Ilia is still a prospect / has room to grow. Paddy is probably what he is by now. Been a round for a while.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#1855 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:48 pm

Is anyone even watching this tonight? I got Raptors/76ers Leafs vs Sens as well at same time.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1856 » by Dupp » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:36 pm

I’ll try watch the main event, don’t care too much bout the card. It’s Easter bunny birthday anyway.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#1857 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:13 am

K hoping the Leafs game is done soon so I can flip the UFC on & still stream the Nuggs/Warriors games cos I am being a nice guy.

Jays lost, Raptors lost TFC is winning in 2nd half so that's good. Leafs are tied with the Sens. Is there an event next Saturday?
Cos I might be in church for Greek Orthodox Easter.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1858 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:37 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:K hoping the Leafs game is done soon so I can flip the UFC on & still stream the Nuggs/Warriors games cos I am being a nice guy.

Jays lost, Raptors lost TFC is winning in 2nd half so that's good. Leafs are tied with the Sens. Is there an event next Saturday?

Worst card of all time next weekend, FWIW.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#1859 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:17 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
GoRapstheoriginal wrote:K hoping the Leafs game is done soon so I can flip the UFC on & still stream the Nuggs/Warriors games cos I am being a nice guy.

Worst card of all time next weekend, FWIW.

Lol good then, I caught a miracle with the Raptors playoff game against the 76ers starting at 2 pm EDT. Whew.

Resurrection Service is from 10:30 pm to 2 am so. Good good, won't be missing much then.

this card was ok nothing crazy exciting though.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1860 » by cowboyronnie » Mon May 2, 2022 1:27 pm

Does Jason Perillo ever coach fighters who aren't cringey douchebags? I mean, I guess Cyborg is OK. But Rockhold, Tito, Penn, Bisping and now Chito.

I am pretty sure he was in Bisping's corner when he spat on Rivera, even.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts