TUF 25: WW Alumni coached by Garbrandt and Dillashaw

Moderator: lilfishi22

Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

TUF 25: WW Alumni coached by Garbrandt and Dillashaw 

Post#1 » by Jasen777 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:42 pm

So I guess the big news is Dillashaw is getting his title shot.

Rumored cast list:

Johnny Nunez (6-1, 0-0 UFC - Season 22)

Dominic Waters (9-5, 0-3 UFC - Season 16)

Jesse Taylor (30-15, 0-1 UFC - Season 7)

Joe Stevenson (33-16, 8-8 UFC - Season 2)

Gilbert Smith (12-6, 0-1 UFC - Season 17)

Julian Lane (11-6-1, 0-0 UFC - Season 16)

Eddie Gordon (8-4, 1-3 UFC - Season 19)

Dhiego Lima (10-4, 1-3 UFC - Season 19)

Kajan Johnson (21-12-1, 2-1 UFC - TUF Nations)

James Krause (23-7, 4-3 UFC - Season 15)

Zak Cummings (20-5, 5-2 UFC - Season 17)

Mehdi Baghdad (11-5, 0-2 UFC - Season 22)

Gerald Harris (23-5, 3-1 UFC - Season 7)

Justin Edwards (8-5, 2-5 UFC - Season 13)

Seth Baczynski (19-14, 5-6 UFC - Season 11)

Mike Ricci (11-5, 1-2 UFC - Season 16)

Jamie Yager (7-4, 0-0 UFC - Season 11)

Hector Cervantes (Urbina) (17-10-1, 1-2 UFC - Season 19)

Eddy Ellis (21-16, 0-0 UFC - Season 16)

Junie Browning (4-6, 1-1 UFC - Season 8)

Ramsey Nijem (9-6, 4-4 UFC - Season 13)

Hayder Hassan (6-3, 0-2 UFC - Season 21)

Tom Gallicchio (19-9, 0-0 UFC - Season 22)
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: TUF 25: WW Alumni coached by Garbrandt and Dillashaw 

Post#2 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:03 am

I care about this to the extent that I hope Gerald Harris wins. Otherwise tbh I won't watch one episode.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#3 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:58 am

REDDzone wrote:I care about this to the extent that I hope Gerald Harris wins. Otherwise tbh I won't watch one episode.

The last TUF with the re-do fighters was amazing. And involved a whole lot of genuine resurgences.

I haven't watched a TUF since that one, but I will give this a try. Only worry is that they have a new production company that might go after non-MMA fans with house drama.

TJ vs Cody drama, I'm fine with. That's actually a factor in their fight.

Have they ever had two total dullard meatheads as coaches, though? Usually at least one of the coaches has some wit, no? This is going to be rough.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Post#4 » by CPT » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:01 am

This is going to be the worst season ever. Garbrandt and Dillashaw as coaches is a charisma vacuum. I set the over/under on "I know you are, but what am I"s for the season at 1.5.

Some (most?) of the contestants are lol-worthy. Joe Stevenson? Junie Browning?
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#5 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:01 am

The cast member I'd most like to see return is this guy:

ImageImage
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#6 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:03 am

CPT wrote:This is going to be the worst season ever. Garbrandt and Dillashaw as coaches is a charisma vacuum. I set the over/under on "I know you are, but what am I"s for the season at 1.5.

Some (most?) of the contestants are lol-worthy. Joe Stevenson? Junie Browning?

People say Junie is for real as a fighter.

Broham Jesse Taylor has nothing redeeming, mind you.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by CPT » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:07 am

cowboyronnie wrote:The last TUF with the re-do fighters was amazing. And involved a whole lot of genuine resurgences.

Was that Season 4? With Serra, Lytle, Sweet Din 2 Litre Thomas?

Have they done another one like that since?
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#8 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:50 am

CPT wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:The last TUF with the re-do fighters was amazing. And involved a whole lot of genuine resurgences.

Was that Season 4? With Serra, Lytle, Sweet Din 2 Litre Thomas?

Have they done another one like that since?

Yeah. They haven't done a comback show since. But look at the names that went in/came out:

Middleweights: Pete Sell, Scott Smith, Patrick Côté, Edwin DeWees, Travis Lutter, Charles McCarthy, Gideon Ray, Jorge Rivera

Welterweights: Shonie Carter, Chris Lytle, Matt Serra, Din Thomas, Rich Clementi, Mikey Burnett, Jeremy Jackson, Pete Spratt

A lot of fighters who fought on for years afterwards, had amazing performances. And a rapist or two.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Jasen777 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:51 am

CPT wrote:Some (most?) of the contestants are lol-worthy. Joe Stevenson? Junie Browning?

Julian Lane ?
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#10 » by High 5 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:42 am

Those are some names. I would have guessed that a couple of them had been retired longer than TJ and Cody have been in the UFC. The coach banter will be painful, but I've been a fan of Harris since his first attempt. Hope he has good run.

To be honest I don't remember the last time the coaches had an entertaining rivalry. Bisping/Miller?
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by CPT » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:24 am

Jasen777 wrote:
CPT wrote:Some (most?) of the contestants are lol-worthy. Joe Stevenson? Junie Browning?

Julian Lane ?

He's "let me bang bro" guy, right?

I think I had already checked out of TUF for the most part by then, yet I still defend the concept of the show for some reason.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by CPT » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:29 am

High 5 wrote:Those are some names. I would have guessed that a couple of them had been retired longer than TJ and Cody have been in the UFC. The coach banter will be painful, but I've been a fan of Harris since his first attempt. Hope he has good run.

To be honest I don't remember the last time the coaches had an entertaining rivalry. Bisping/Miller?

Depends on your definition of entertaining, but Rousey/Tate had their moments, and even Joanna/Claudia, albeit in their second languages.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#13 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:48 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:I care about this to the extent that I hope Gerald Harris wins. Otherwise tbh I won't watch one episode.

The last TUF with the re-do fighters was amazing. And involved a whole lot of genuine resurgences.

I haven't watched a TUF since that one, but I will give this a try. Only worry is that they have a new production company that might go after non-MMA fans with house drama.

Have they ever had two total dullard meatheads as coaches, though? Usually at least one of the coaches has some wit, no? This is going to be rough.

Man IDK. I watched the Pettis/Melendez season because it was the 115 women debut so actually somewhat relevant. Enjoyed it well enough.

I tried to watch the first episode last season and it was just terrible. I honestly couldn't even tell you who coached it.

Wasn't there supposedly a current ufc fighter on this eason? Who is that?

Also, am I the only one here who reads the UG? Is it not Junie Browning who started 25 threads there talking about how government agencies are conspiring against him to keep his family away from him and keep him tucked away in Thailand, meanwhile monitoring all of his online activity, etc.? If its the same dude, and I'm like 90% sure it is, that guy is a paranoid schizo and I'd rather see BJ Penn fight again. This is not a joke, that guy has serious mental health problems.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#14 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:29 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

Man IDK. I watched the Pettis/Melendez season because it was the 115 women debut so actually somewhat relevant. Enjoyed it well enough.

I tried to watch the first episode last season and it was just terrible. I honestly couldn't even tell you who coached it.

Wasn't there supposedly a current ufc fighter on this eason? Who is that?

Krause

God knows what his play is there. He's a super reflective dude, there's some sort of forethought.

Also, am I the only one here who reads the UG? Is it not Junie Browning who started 25 threads there talking about how government agencies are conspiring against him to keep his family away from him and keep him tucked away in Thailand, meanwhile monitoring all of his online activity, etc.? If its the same dude, and I'm like 90% sure it is, that guy is a paranoid schizo and I'd rather see BJ Penn fight again. This is not a joke, that guy has serious mental health problems.

One man's mental health episode is another man's "indie investigation", man.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,269

Post#15 » by Shaazzam » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:07 pm

Yeah, I read the UG too. He's a **** loon.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#16 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:04 pm

Shaazzam wrote:Yeah, I read the UG too. He's a **** loon.

Ahh thank you. That's the guy, right? I swear like two months ago he was trapped in Thailand and wouldn't even go to the mma gyms there because he thought they were in on the conspiracy or something. IDK I only skimmed the threads but that guy has legitimate issues.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#17 » by Cammo101 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:43 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:

The last re-do season took place when there wasn't much going on in MMA outside of the UFC, so there were some really great fighters outside the UFC in that moment in time. Now, with Bellator, WSOF, OneFC and a lot of other high profile minor leagues, if most of these guys were UFC caliber, I feel like we'd know it already.

Cody and TJ will be high on drama, which can be fun. But, I really like Cody and can't help but think his attitude could turn some fans off after a whole season of TUF.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Jasen777 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:46 pm

High 5 wrote:To be honest I don't remember the last time the coaches had an entertaining rivalry. Bisping/Miller?

I'm not into that aspect at all, the only time I really liked the interplay between he coached was Rampage and Forest, season 7.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#19 » by AirCanadaMouse » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:38 am

Whatever, I'm interested. There are some notable names here... but didn't Stripper Ramsey sign with WSOF? And isn't Zak Cummings already with the UFC?

I hope Mike Ricci wins.

Lol at Jesse Taylor, Julian Lane, and Junie being on the show. Didn't even know Stevenson was still an active fighter.
Thank you Clutch0z24
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#20 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:36 am

THE Julian Lane?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts