UFC 212 (6/3): Jose Aldo vs Max ‘Blessed’ Holloway

Moderator: lilfishi22

AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Re: UFC 212 (6/3): Jose Aldo vs Max ‘Blessed’ Holloway 

Post#61 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sun Jun 4, 2017 4:30 am

Awesome fight. Aldo was up two rounds then got caught. This was the best thing to happen for Edgar.
Thank you Clutch0z24
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#62 » by Susan » Sun Jun 4, 2017 4:33 am

Sad to see the sport slowly pass by Aldo.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#63 » by REDDzone » Sun Jun 4, 2017 4:36 am

Susan wrote:I'd wife Claudia.

She'd wife you if you're not careful.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#64 » by Susan » Sun Jun 4, 2017 4:38 am

No talks of McGregor at all. Quit talking about GOAT 145er if you're not going to mention the guy who beat both of these guys...
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#65 » by REDDzone » Sun Jun 4, 2017 4:38 am

Max is the best. Well, assuming Conor's FW career is over.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,009

Post#66 » by Prez » Sun Jun 4, 2017 4:47 am

Definitely some recency bias, but this was more impressive to me than Conor's KO.

Hope Aldo moves up to 155.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#67 » by REDDzone » Sun Jun 4, 2017 4:56 am

AirCanadaMouse wrote:
REDDzone wrote:I try not to do the whole call out someone for PEDs based on physique thing anymore, but seriously, Claudia is on HGH for sure, right?

Then why hasn't she been caught ?

Claudia is just a beast. If she faces Rose it'll be another easy win for her

Lol that would not be a competitive fight. Carla Esparza is the homeless man's Gadelha and she destroyed Rose. The UFC won't kill off Rose with Gadelha though, maybe they would if Joanna hadn't already beaten Claudia twice.

Problem for Claudia is Joanna is champion. She has a chance in a 3 Rd fight but no chance on a 5 rder.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#68 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jun 4, 2017 5:11 am

Max is so **** good. Fight went about as expected

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,299

Post#69 » by Mehar » Sun Jun 4, 2017 7:07 am

AirCanadaMouse wrote:Awesome fight. Aldo was up two rounds then got caught. This was the best thing to happen for Edgar.

Edgar should be next. I thought Max found his groove in the later stages of Round 2, and continued that into Round 3. Aldo was up two rounds, but i thought Max was coming into his own. Went into hostile territory, and finished the FW GOAT. Incredible to see.
RalphWiggum
RealGM
And1: 8,235

Re: RE: Re: UFC 212 (6/3): Jose Aldo vs Max ‘Blessed’ Holloway 

Post#70 » by RalphWiggum » Sun Jun 4, 2017 8:31 am

Susan wrote:Sad to see the sport slowly pass by Aldo.

I don't think the sport passed him by I think that fighters only have so many fights in them because it's such a taxing sport. Max's leg was right there to be hacked to hell all night and Aldo couldn't pull the trigger like he could a few years ago. If this were 2012 Aldo probably wins 50-45 on all cards.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#71 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jun 4, 2017 9:35 am

Aldo is as strong and fast as ever. His last fight he just completely dominated Frankie Edgar, who still looks pretty strong.

He couldn't pull the trigger because he was getting clipped over and over, and Max's chin was just bound to hold up more. Every time a great fighter loses, he doesn't have to be "falling off", maybe sometimes the young fighters are just better, or have a matchup advantage.

Jose is like Alistair Overeem, where he has these advantages he can use to neutralize certain things, but he doesn't really use them. I think anyone who has ever watched both guys knew that Max was going to find his chin, because Jose is quite hittable. Someone was getting finished here, and Max's chin is just a lot more solid.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#72 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Jun 4, 2017 2:21 pm

Happy to see Max win this one! Always have liked and been a fan of this kid.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#73 » by Headliner » Sun Jun 4, 2017 6:29 pm

I dont agree with the theory that Aldo wasn't able to throw a single leg kick because of being clipped over and over. He dominated the first round and threw no kicks, there was no fear of being clipped there.
Other fighters, inferior to past Aldo were landing 20 + leg kicks on Max, and they are far inferior leg strikers than Aldo is.
It had to be something else.

ALdo also was huffing at the end of the first round. Cardio wise, he looked terrible to me.

Going into the fight he made it a point to say he was going to attack the leg over and over, so I think seems very odd he didn't throw a kick. Almost like he wanted that to be on Maxs mind, despite him going to do it.

To me, if I had to speculate I would say he injured his leg at some point. Not throwing kicks, standing flat footed, and lack of conditioning due to being unable to do cardio excercises are all signs that point in that direction.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#74 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sun Jun 4, 2017 10:03 pm

Aldo has never had the best cardio tbh, and he hasn't thrown many leg kicks since he hurt his foot against Korean Zombie. You know your stamina is done when Max is taunting you, hands way up, in front of your face, and you can't even attempt to land a body shot or anything. That was as big an opening as it gets.
Thank you Clutch0z24
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#75 » by Headliner » Mon Jun 5, 2017 10:47 am

But to be huffing and puffing at the end of the first, when there was no scrambles, clinching or really even a lot of strikes being thrown is odd.
It was like he rolled off the couch and forgot to jog for a month.

either way, I wasn't impressed with Aldo at all. One decent round, then flat.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#76 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jun 5, 2017 3:36 pm

Man, I agree that Aldo must have had an injury. He was dominating those first couple rounds, he looked awesome, there was no reason he could not have added kicks to the mix if he had wanted. I think we will hear a back story to that.

I don't know why he comes in so muscular. Is this under the guidance of his coaches? Or is that just his body? Do they think he should have a size advantage? Cos it's a huge mistake. He was bulging out of his frame, his body was so thick with muscle. It's actually amazing that he had such ridiculous hand speed despite what looked like a burden of muscle.

His hands looked great. All those beautiful feints and the reflexes. But I think Nova Uniao also has a particular style that is ultaimtely limited. If you watch how NU train, it's a lot of standing planted in the pocket throwing counter combinations. They do that for hours, with light contact. You see it in how Jose fights. He's so quick to slip and counter with 2 or 3. But it's not actually fluid. He's really herky jerky. Like, he's programmed for it. I wonder if that's an issue. He reverted to it in the third round, but without the reflexes, and with all the metabolic needs of planting and throwing back hard. Light on your feet and in your shoulders, it is not.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#77 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jun 5, 2017 3:42 pm

Jesus, did you guys catch that fight with Borrachinha?? What a destroyer. Second coming of Shogun or like Thiago Silva...but actually looked higher-level. Thankg God that opponent was game cos I don't think I could just watch the average fighter get buzz-sawed like that.

How the eff do you get that physique under USADA?
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#78 » by REDDzone » Tue Jun 6, 2017 5:09 pm

Listening to this Fight Companion now. Did you guys have any idea that Aldo beat Cobrinha in a bjj match before? I had almost forgotten that from when Rogan brings it up every single time that Aldo's name comes up in any podcast ever.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#79 » by REDDzone » Wed Jun 7, 2017 3:27 pm

You guys are going to think I'm a Cub hater but talk of him getting a title shot is asinine. He was destroyed by Holloway, he was destroyed by the other guy in the conversation - Edgar. And he was destroyed by Aldo before that. You can't just beat mid-tier guys and lose to the good guys and get a title shot, well unless you're Bisping I guess.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#80 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jun 7, 2017 6:25 pm

REDDzone wrote:You guys are going to think I'm a Cub hater but talk of him getting a title shot is asinine. He was destroyed by Holloway, he was destroyed by the other guy in the conversation - Edgar. And he was destroyed by Aldo before that. You can't just beat mid-tier guys and lose to the good guys and get a title shot, well unless you're Bisping I guess.

I realize you're being tongue-in-cheek. But it's not even close.

Lobov, Choi, Kawajiri (without Vitamin S), Hacran Dias... that is not the lot Bisping has been afforded.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts