Mayweather vs McGregor confirmed

Moderator: lilfishi22

Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Re: Mayweather vs McGregor confirmed 

Post#321 » by Knickfan1982 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:47 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:And the result was what everyone who knows boxing expected.

Honestly, I think McGregor gets knocked out against other junior middleweights, certainly against other light heavyweight where MMA's welterweight division falls under.

Well to be fair, McGregor is a UFC lightweight champion so that puts him at 155. He'd be more of a junior middleweight or middleweight. I think he gets merked by any of the top tier guys there. Mayweather isn't a huge puncher and not really an aggressive fighter. He let McGregor take the early rounds to see what he had and then steadily broke him down. You put McGregor against a top tier boxer with power and they murder the Irishman once they see his punches don't hurt.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#322 » by skbucks1985 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:16 pm

If my memory is right, they put up a graphic that showed that the number of punches Conor landed. He landed 111, which is 30 more punches than Pacquaio and only 6 fewer than Canelo which means he was landing more per minute than Canelo because the fight was 8 minutes shorter. This fight had a ton of prop bets and if one of them was Conor would land more than 100 punches or Conor would land more punches per minute than Canelo, I think the odds of that would've been off the charts.

Rounds 4-10 were basically what I expected this fight to be, but Conor showed a lot more skill than I certainly thought he would in rounds 1-3 which were a shocker to me. Floyd's gameplan was to be defensive and spend those rounds figuring Conor out. But even if you told me before the fight that Floyd would spend the first 3 rounds figuring Conor out and not throw much offense, I'd still expect Floyd to win those rounds because I wouldn't expect Conor to have anywhere near the effectiveness he did.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#323 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:47 am

It's insane how ridiculously fast Conor's reflexes are when he's fresh, and how he literally can't move his head once he's tired.

He is literally the hardest guy to hit, and then the easiest guy to hit in a span of the same fight.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#324 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:22 am

Bostondave wrote:Oh bullshut. Mayweather will run and focus on not getting hit as always. What a sorryass spectacle for suckers. Now they're playing the WWE shoutdown after the weighin. Gotta squeze the last drip drop of milk out of the suckers. Dont know if i'll even watch for free. Maybe if i'm not doing anything and am bored and i remember right around fight time i might tune in. I can get the fight for free. Might just play some internet poker or watch a movie instead.

What you end up doing Saturday night? Internet poker, watching re-runs, eating a personal pan at Gino's, or taking the lawn chair out to your local commercial strip to watch traffic?
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts