Mayweather vs McGregor confirmed

Moderator: lilfishi22

Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Re: Mayweather vs McGregor confirmed 

Post#201 » by Headliner » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:18 pm

REDDzone wrote:One thing that's surprising to me is how Floyd stacks up to Conor size wise. I thought Conor was going to dwarf him tbh, but they look much closer in size than I had figured.

Ya, that surprised me, especially after Dana was saying he would dwarf Floyd.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#202 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:08 pm

**** weirdos. Look at all those dudes. Who would go to something like that?
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#203 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:17 pm

Headliner wrote:One thing I've noticed is Mayweather himself seems fixiated on his own age. He's mentioned it multiple times. I don't think CM pointing it out has shook him about it, but I just mean on a personal level, I think Mayweather is clearly having an internal issue with the thought of getting older.

It's like this woman I worked with who was balding pretty badly. She made a joke about it once or twice at a staff meeting, we laughed with it and went on. Then over the next year she made dozens of references to it. It was clearly something that was on her mind constantly, and became something you didn't want to laugh with anymore, and became something you could she was having a personal tribulation over.

If I were CM, I'd be savage though and keep hitting that button. It's his soft spot, he needs Mayweather slightly shook for him to get any shot,

I think McGregor knows this. He's been talking about Floyd's age since even before the fight was signed. I feel like Mayweather is setting things up so if he does win, it's despite all these physical disadvantages and if he loses, it's because of all these physical disadvantages. I also feel like he's using this as fuel for the fight.

McGregor is gonna keep pushing that button for sure.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#204 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:59 am

That was worse than 1st presser, so forced and it felt like they were running out of material. Mayweather making it rain on McGregor was a nice touch though haha
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Post#205 » by CrazyKnicks » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:34 am

lilfishi22 wrote:That was worse than 1st presser, so forced and it felt like they were running out of material. Mayweather making it rain on McGregor was a nice touch though haha

Too many in a row, and another one tmr. Was expecting them to be more creative, usually Connor makes it entertaining with his responses but he was quiet today. Maybe tired from constantly traveling and having to do this.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#206 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:23 am

Yeah, they should've split it up. Not sure why they choose to do 4 cities and 4 days. Just don't see the need for it.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#207 » by Jasen777 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:48 am

Read on Twitter
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#208 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:16 am

But the Toronto stop was talked about non-stop at the gym tonight. Every significant moment, everyone knew every reference. Confronting Espinoza, the backback, the illiteracy, etc. A **** press conference!

This thing is blowed-up.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#209 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:53 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Yeah, they should've split it up. Not sure why they choose to do 4 cities and 4 days. Just don't see the need for it.

Oh man today was rough. Tomorrow in London is going to be even rougher. It makes 0 sense to do 4 straight days of this. These guys are out of material, its obvious theyre running around on stage thinking to themselves, "what the hell am I going to say to fill up my time." Today felt like a WWE event because everything just felt so forced. If they were going to do a 4 day straight thing, mix up the format or something, do a presser one day then a Q&A format the next day then presser then Q&A. At least we would get something fresh and new. Conor's best moments in the past have come in Q&A moments anyways.

This feels like asking a standup comedian to perform 4 straight days and come up with new material each day. By night 3 or 4, hes already used all his best jokes and is scrapping the bottom of the barrel to just fill his set.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#210 » by REDDzone » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:27 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Image

If that was a screenshot of a hypothetical Montreal presser, we would probably see you and all your training partner bros in the background.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#211 » by High 5 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:41 pm

Fur coat Conor is the worst.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#212 » by REDDzone » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:09 pm

Haha I just watched a few clips from this, did anyone see Danis running in to protect Conor when Mayweather unleashed his goons on Conor? Those tall fatties didn't even know how close they were to getting choked/disfigured/embarrassed for messing with the GOAT and I don't mean Conor.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#213 » by Wo1verine » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:41 pm

I couldn't watch much of these tours because it's too staged - WWE Style.

Anyways, I am betting McGregor for the odds hoping he somehow catches Mayweather.

I think Floyd wins easily mind you.
BrunoSkull
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#214 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:26 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Image

If that was a screenshot of a hypothetical Montreal presser, we would probably see you and all your training partner bros in the background.

I live in Toronto but, yes, would probably travel to Montreal for a presser. Mouthbreathing en francais is considerably more sophisticated.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#215 » by REDDzone » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:39 pm

Haha damnit I originally had Toronto in my post but later edited it because I was thinking you lived in Montreal for some reason. Probably just your neverending devotion to all things Firas and Tristar. :wink:
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#216 » by Susan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:44 pm

About 5 minutes into Conor's talking today and this is his GOAT mic performance.
vi3t
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#217 » by vi3t » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:27 am

Headliner wrote:
REDDzone wrote:One thing that's surprising to me is how Floyd stacks up to Conor size wise. I thought Conor was going to dwarf him tbh, but they look much closer in size than I had figured.

From Brooklyn
RalphWiggum
RealGM
And1: 8,224

Post#218 » by RalphWiggum » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:38 am

These guys are clearly secretly pretty cool with one another. During the first couple pressers there seemed to be some genuine animosity but after watching the NYC and London pressers I'm 100% convinced that there is no true bad blood between these men. You can tell when Conor has real hatred for an opponent and he doesn't have that for Floyd.

I really wish Floyd had just come out and said "Conor is an all time great MMA fighter but he has no business in a boxing ring with me. I'm going to box his face off until his corner or the ref save him from plastic surgery or life support. Conor can talk with all the confidence in the world but me, him and everyone else in the world knows when it's me and him in that ring he's meat".

Floyd trying to sell the fight by occasionally pretending Conor has a legit chance hurts sales more than it helps them. Talk of maiming him would have been much more beneficial IMO.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#219 » by Headliner » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:23 am

vi3t wrote:
Headliner wrote:

From Brooklyn

Lol
I wonder how many inches those lifts gave him?
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#220 » by Headliner » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:25 am

Mayweather saying he'd fight Conor in the octogon next is hilarious. Conor would Give him his purse for that one, just to get that trophy.
45 seconds at most lol

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts