UFC on Fox (Winnipeg): Lawler vs. RDA (Dec 16th)

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Re: UFC on Fox (Winnipeg): Lawler vs. RDA (Dec 16th) 

Post#61 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:36 am

REDDzone wrote:
AirCanadaMouse wrote:I told you guys about Josh Emmett.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

He's going to be a force in the 149 lb division.

No ****? He came in that heavy. Cannot be allowed. The dude gets to walk around way bigger than can be reasonably expected at 145 and then, oop, no repercussions and he might have just put the final touches on someone's career. I noticed him apologize after the fight but how is that a consequence. 4 grand to Lamas, his career and health in jeopardy.

Eff that guy. The commission can't let fights continue if a dude misses that weight and then shows up to the fight looking 20-25 pounds heavier than the weight limit. He looked huge.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#62 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:38 am

I came into say it was a beautiful punch. The way he lifted his shoulder while he set his hips to tighten the movement. Eff. But forgot that he was also way heavier than Lamas, who is already a middling 145.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,877
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

UFC on Fox (Winnipeg): Lawler vs. RDA (Dec 16th) 

Post#63 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:20 am

Woodley is thick, but he’s neither tall nor long.

I’m still surprised at how RDA handled Robbie in the clinch, took him down with ease.

I was skeptical about his move up. Tyron is going to have his hands full. He looks amazing. Must have the same dietician as Yoel Romero.

Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
JoJo21
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#64 » by JoJo21 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:28 am

That was a good card.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#65 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Abel Trujillo, South Florida fighter, vast change in physique. Skinny as heck, no lats, no definition. Also, no explosion or aggression in the ring. He's just taken a really safe crouched stance and thrown garbage punches.

HMMMM....
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#66 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:51 pm

REDDzone wrote:

:rofl:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,877
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#67 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:05 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Abel Trujillo, South Florida fighter, vast change in physique. Skinny as heck, no lats, no definition. Also, no explosion or aggression in the ring. He's just taken a really safe crouched stance and thrown garbage punches.

HMMMM....

Did you just describe Pettis?
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#68 » by REDDzone » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:46 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Abel Trujillo, South Florida fighter, vast change in physique. Skinny as heck, no lats, no definition. Also, no explosion or aggression in the ring. He's just taken a really safe crouched stance and thrown garbage punches.

HMMMM....

Did you just describe Pettis?

In before Susan and cbr and1 this post!
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#69 » by REDDzone » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:48 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

No ****? He came in that heavy. Cannot be allowed. The dude gets to walk around way bigger than can be reasonably expected at 145 and then, oop, no repercussions and he might have just put the final touches on someone's career. I noticed him apologize after the fight but how is that a consequence. 4 grand to Lamas, his career and health in jeopardy.

Eff that guy. The commission can't let fights continue if a dude misses that weight and then shows up to the fight looking 20-25 pounds heavier than the weight limit. He looked huge.

Lamas wasn't going to accept then they offered him 30% of Emmett's fight purse instead of the standard 20%. It came out to an extra $4000. What a joke.

Emmett's interview with Ariel just made it worse IMO. He said he knew he wasn't going to make it about 90 minutes before weigh-ins. So he decided to stop cutting and get a head start on hydrating. IDK what the Winnipeg commission's rules are, but if he got the extra hour allowance that would mean he had another 2.5 hours to cut the 3 lbs.

He said it didn't give him that much of an advantage though, so nevermind.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,826

Post#70 » by Jasen777 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:30 pm

REDDzone wrote:He said it didn't give him that much of an advantage though, so nevermind.

It's easy for me to say since I'm not a fighter who only gets paid twice a year when he fights, but I'd never fight someone who missed weight.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#71 » by REDDzone » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:He said it didn't give him that much of an advantage though, so nevermind.

It's easy for me to say since I'm not a fighter who only gets paid twice a year when he fights, but I'd never fight someone who missed weight.

Emmett said he figured Lamas would accept because Lamas and his wife are expecting and he thought they would want another payday before the birth and before the holiday. :lol:
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts