UFC 222: Holloway vs Edgar, Saturday March 3.....

Moderator: lilfishi22

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Re: UFC 222: Holloway vs Edgar, Saturday March 3..... 

Post#101 » by Susan » Sun Mar 4, 2018 1:38 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Props to Cyborg for calling out the only woman that might be a threat to her.

Though I think Nunes is a smaller, less powerful version of Cyborg with a lesser gas tank. Shame that Valentina gives up so much size to Cris, she seems like the only one with the technique to be a problem.

It's insane how much further along Cyborg is and has been.

Overall, that was a good night of fights. O'Malley is the real deal.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#102 » by Susan » Sun Mar 4, 2018 2:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Can't think of a fighter that I respect or admire more than Frankie.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#103 » by REDDzone » Sun Mar 4, 2018 2:07 pm

I wouldn't count Frankie out just yet. Well, except for when it comes to winning a title, I'd for sure count him out for that. Lol.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#104 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Mar 4, 2018 3:23 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:Easily the dumbest fighter of all time that I witnessed.

I have never seen anything dumber in a fight. Throwing an ill-advised shot or whatever, we've seen it a thousand time. But to have a guy unable to stand, and then to put him on his back, and hold him there for 3-4 minutes??

When I realized, he was just going to lay on him and give him the fight, I fast-forwarded. What a **** idiot.

Apparently his corner were yelling for him to stand up!?

God damn frickin fuuuuuuuuu.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#105 » by Bernman » Sun Mar 4, 2018 3:28 pm

Holloway's sounding concerned he isn't going to be able to bully lil' Frankie anymore. He's going to have to pick on somebody his own size and pick his poison against T-City.

Just saw that Dern interview. Her using a translator and speaking in choppy English even though she grew up in Arizona has to be one of the funniest things in UFC history. Belongs in the meme Hall of Fame w/ Mayhem mocking Wand and Mir bopping to tunes.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#106 » by High 5 » Sun Mar 4, 2018 5:17 pm

To be fair it sounds like she didn't know what to make of it either. I was hoping it was her idea to troll people talking about her accent.

Poor Frankie. He was doing his thing like he always does, but Ortega didn't seem to mind. He was just completely overmatched physically. It's hard for me to get totally onboard with Ortega knowing that he's been busted for cheating, but I'm going to be psyched for the matchup with Max all the same.
REDDzone
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: UFC 222: Holloway vs Edgar, Saturday March 3..... 

Post#107 » by REDDzone » Sun Mar 4, 2018 7:33 pm

High 5 wrote:To be fair it sounds like she didn't know what to make of it either. I was hoping it was her idea to troll people talking about her accent.

Poor Frankie. He was doing his thing like he always does, but Ortega didn't seem to mind. He was just completely overmatched physically. It's hard for me to get totally onboard with Ortega knowing that he's been busted for cheating, but I'm going to be psyched for the matchup with Max all the same.
I was listening to an interview with her beforehand and she is totally playing it up, it's maddening lol. They asked her when she completed for the first time she was like "I did it with six years" instead of simply saying I was six lol. Then they asked her how many world championships she had and she was like "four on the blue, 2 on the purple", etc.

I can remember listening to her doing interviews when I first started following grappling and English was 100% her first language lol this was like 5-6 years ago.

Edit, here is a countdown show for metamoris 2 from 2013:

Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#108 » by REDDzone » Sun Mar 4, 2018 7:41 pm

I didn't even comment on OMalleys opponent last night but I was literally calling him a dummy after he turned the wrong way to help OMalley with the triangle. Then dropped it because it ended dup working out for him. That third round though was just awesomely idiotic.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#109 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Mar 4, 2018 9:39 pm

I don't think Edgar looked right last night. Did not have the footwork, was just moving at the hips.

Ortega is straight douche chills. How many asshat, "gracious" cliches did he manage to crowbar into that post-fight interview? It's so skeevy cos he's such a fraud. The Brian Ortega Foundation? If you were actually concerned with being effective, why reinvent the wheel and start your own 60K/year charity, with all the infrastructure that entails? It's such a stroke-off move. How about just encouraging people to donate to the charity of your choice?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,582

Post#110 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 4:47 am

I said it during the Khabib/Barboza fight. But in 2 years Im calling the super fight between Ortega and Khabib, 155 champ vs 145 champ. Would love to see Khabib's dominant top game vs Ortega's guard. I think Khabib rolls him, but still calling that fight will happen by the end of 2020.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,131

Post#111 » by duppyy » Tue May 1, 2018 6:33 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I said it during the Khabib/Barboza fight. But in 2 years Im calling the super fight between Ortega and Khabib, 155 champ vs 145 champ. Would love to see Khabib's dominant top game vs Ortega's guard. I think Khabib rolls him, but still calling that fight will happen by the end of 2020.

I would love to see that fight. Let's see if Ortega can beat Holloway though.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#112 » by cowboyronnie » Tue May 1, 2018 10:38 pm

Ortega is no behemoth, no Khabib, please. Holloway is going to **** him up.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#113 » by REDDzone » Wed May 2, 2018 1:37 am

cowboyronnie wrote:Ortega is no behemoth, no Khabib, please. Holloway is going to **** him up.

You realize the irony of posting this in the exact thread where you confidently stated that Edgar would "Eat Ortega alive"?

(not sh*tting on your pick btw, I lost a lot of money betting on Edgar vs Ortega)
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,265

Post#114 » by Shaazzam » Wed May 2, 2018 1:38 pm

Heh, I don't think it's reasonable to think any Khabib fight will ever happen.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#115 » by cowboyronnie » Wed May 2, 2018 4:16 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Ortega is no behemoth, no Khabib, please. Holloway is going to **** him up.

You realize the irony of posting this in the exact thread where you confidently stated that Edgar would "Eat Ortega alive"?

(not sh*tting on your pick btw, I lost a lot of money betting on Edgar vs Ortega)

His luck has to run out at some point. Dude is plodding and doesn't move his head. But, also, isn't applying enough pressure to keep dudes unable to counter. He's going to be a middling fighter, IMO.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts