UFC 220: Miocic vs Ngannou, Saturday January 20th...

Moderator: lilfishi22

GameBredAPBT
Veteran
And1: 1,611

Re: UFC 220: Miocic vs Ngannou, Saturday January 20th... 

Post#241 » by GameBredAPBT » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:You said Volkan was going to knock DC out, because DC sucks.

Not exactly in those words. I said we'll see after he gets KTFO, I don't think DC is a special fighter.

Nice try though. Next time try harder to put your own words in people's posts.

Miocic is the one who is not a special fighter. HW is the worst division in MMA. Especially right now, it's the weakest it has ever been in the history of the sport. Especially with so much talent scattered around. Miocic has no one to fight, and i understand that, but he's not a better fighter than DC. DC is the most decorated wrestler in the higher weight classes in the history of MMA.

His wins over BIgfoot (at the time) Barnett (the best & most in shape Barnett has ever looked) were more impressive than anything Miocic has done in his career.

Going 5 rounds with the greatest MMA fighter to ever live is more impressive than anything Miocic has done in his career.

Miocic has had plenty of moments where he's looked absolutely pedestrian. His recent success is attributed to hard work, no doubt, but also the fact that HW is the absolute drizzling s***s. He's hitting his stride at the perfect time. Other than that, his skillset is nothing we haven't seen before. Typical ho-hum athlete, good wrestle/boxer with decent power & great composure. Not sure we're watching the same guy. KOing Werdum & Overeem is something that quite a few HWs have done.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#242 » by REDDzone » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:11 pm

You guys are so hilarious with your definitive/absolute statements regarding who will win when the best UFC HW champ of all time faces off against the best clean UFC LHW champ of all time. You guys should hit me up with tonight's lotto numbers. Also loving the DC/Stipe sucks/is average/isn't special comments as well.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#243 » by GameBredAPBT » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:14 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Headliner wrote:DC before he dropped to 205 is a legit threat to Miocic, losing that weight makes it less competitive, and at his age, every day he is worse than the day before.
I think it would be a very good fight, but miocic would and should be the favourite. If this was 4 years ago, I think I'd go DC actually,

Agreed 100%. DC was 35 when he last fought as a HW, the dude is now 39. For most athletes we see a pretty steep decline during that age period. And if we are being honest, DC never looked as good at HW than what we are seeing from Stipe right now. That is no knock on DC, we are just comparing him to arguably one of the best HWs of all time in his prime. Im a huge fan of both guys, but I think Stipe would be the heavy favorite if the two fought right now.

There is no reason for DC to go up to try and fight Stipe. It makes sense for Stipe because who else is there for Stipe to fight right now? But for DC a rematch with Gustafsson makes sense because their only fight ended in a bloody split decision. DC says he is done for good next March, that means he probably has 2 more fights max. There are a lot of rumors Jones is going to be cleared soon, just have DC fight Gustafsson and Jones in the next year and thats great.

Cormier's wins against Barnett & Bigfoot were more impressive than anything Miocic has done at HW. Those guys were red hot at that time, especially Barnett who many considered to be the best HW walking the planet.

He fought too safely in the UFC, I'll agree with that, but he never looked bas bad as Miocic/Struve or Miocic/JDS I. He would have worked those guys from bell to bell.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#244 » by GameBredAPBT » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:16 pm

REDDzone wrote:You guys are so hilarious with your definitive/absolute statements regarding who will win when the best UFC HW champ of all time faces off against the best clean UFC LHW champ of all time. You guys should hit me up with tonight's lotto numbers. Also loving the DC/Stipe sucks/is average/isn't special comments as well.

Either man could win. However, DC is the superior fighter. That's all I was saying. Miocic is a very good fighter, he's just not something we haven't seen before.

Greatest UFC HW champ isn't saying much. The guy who he surpassed was Tim Sylvia.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#245 » by GameBredAPBT » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:18 pm

I heard a rumour that they are going to try & book the winner of this fight versus Minakov in ANOTHER Russian card after this one they've got booked.

The deal with Minakov is that he signed some bizarre contract with the Rebney-era Bellator brass that stated that he couldn't fight on any televised events in the US besides Bellator. UFC would be able to book him for fights but it'd have to be overseas.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#246 » by REDDzone » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:28 pm

GameBredAPBT wrote:I heard a rumour that they are going to try & book the winner of this fight versus Minakov in ANOTHER Russian card after this one they've got booked.

The deal with Minakov is that he signed some bizarre contract with the Rebney-era Bellator brass that stated that he couldn't fight on any televised events in the US besides Bellator. UFC would be able to book him for fights but it'd have to be overseas.

no
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#247 » by GameBredAPBT » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:37 pm

REDDzone wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:I heard a rumour that they are going to try & book the winner of this fight versus Minakov in ANOTHER Russian card after this one they've got booked.

no

no what?
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,805

Post#248 » by NZB2323 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:58 pm

REDDzone wrote:You guys are so hilarious with your definitive/absolute statements regarding who will win when the best UFC HW champ of all time faces off against the best clean UFC LHW champ of all time. You guys should hit me up with tonight's lotto numbers. Also loving the DC/Stipe sucks/is average/isn't special comments as well.

+1

Both guys have KO power, and before Miocic won the record for UFC HW title defenses was 2. One guy is 39 and hasn't fought at HW in years, but is undefeated there.

If you guys are so confident about one guy winning over another, put some money on it, especially if you're sure that DC will win, because he's currently the betting underdog.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#249 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:02 pm

DJ wants to fight TJ on a big card, make that fight the co -main on Stipe/DC card.
Von Bismarck
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#250 » by Von Bismarck » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:47 pm

I started betting on Stipe since first JDS fight. He lost that one and I lost around 100 Euros. Since then, I pretty much earned 2000+ Euros betting on Stipe to win until now. I will bet on Stipe once again.

I hope he'll get more respect after he KO's DC.

p.s thank you bookies for making Stipe underdog in pretty much any fight he had last few years, love you guys/gals 'n keep doing it :lol:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#251 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:13 pm

NZB2323 wrote:

+1

Both guys have KO power, and before Miocic won the record for UFC HW title defenses was 2. One guy is 39 and hasn't fought at HW in years, but is undefeated there.

If you guys are so confident about one guy winning over another, put some money on it, especially if you're sure that DC will win, because he's currently the betting underdog.

If DC is the underdog, I will be putting money on it. Putting money on any good heavyweight that is the underdog is usually a good bet, because they essentially become tossups.

But DC is the more talented guy. Anything can happen, but he's just more skilled a better athlete, but giving up height and reach.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#252 » by REDDzone » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Von Bismarck wrote:I started betting on Stipe since first JDS fight. He lost that one and I lost around 100 Euros. Since then, I pretty much earned 2000+ Euros betting on Stipe to win until now. I will bet on Stipe once again.

I hope he'll get more respect after he KO's DC.

p.s thank you bookies for making Stipe underdog in pretty much any fight he had last few years, love you guys/gals 'n keep doing it :lol:

I have made some money on betting Stipe as well over the years. It hasn't been nearly as profitable for me as fading PVZ (nothing has), but still - some good lines on Stipe.
smallgains
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,369

Post#253 » by smallgains » Thu Feb 1, 2018 7:55 pm

And not even a shooped slip? I disappoint....
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#254 » by REDDzone » Thu Feb 1, 2018 8:42 pm

smallgains wrote:And not even a shooped slip? I disappoint....

Easy sherdogger.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts