UFC 220: Miocic vs Ngannou, Saturday January 20th...

Moderator: lilfishi22

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,499

Re: UFC 220: Miocic vs Ngannou, Saturday January 20th... 

Post#161 » by Bernman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:28 pm

Tigersrule wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:
Tigersrule wrote:DC domiance just shows how amazing Jon Jones is...It sucks DC had to lose twice to the guy

And/or how awesome roids are.

Skill>. And he wasnt on roids the first time was he?

Yes, he was. Before the fight a test indicated he was either using a masking agent or wasn't naturally producing much testosterone anymore because of heavy beef-roid use.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Victor-Conte-Jon-Jones-Low-Testosterone-Levels-Before-UFC-182-Highly-Suspicious-80631
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#162 » by Headliner » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:28 pm

Dana wants DC vs Miocic.... that's the fight to make.

DC doesn't want it with Cain coming back, but he should do it and then vacate the HW title. He wouldn't be holding Cain back for long if he won and dropped it.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#163 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Stipe would go through DC easily. I'd rather see Stipe/Cain, if Cain is healthy.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#164 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:11 pm

No interest in DC/Stiopic. Much rather see Stipe/Cain, even if we have to wait until the second half of the year.

I do want to see DC/Gus II as well
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
GameBredAPBT
Veteran
And1: 1,611

Post#165 » by GameBredAPBT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:22 am

Nemesis21 wrote:Stipe would go through DC easily. I'd rather see Stipe/Cain, if Cain is healthy.

Cormier would work Miocic. He was better at HW than he is at LHW. AKA just didn't want two of their top guys fighting for the title so one moved down. Cormier was better than Velasquez at HW. He went through a better Bigfoot a lot quicker than Cain did.

The only way I could see Miocic beating him is DC having a massive drop off due to age.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#166 » by GameBredAPBT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:23 am

lilfishi22 wrote:No interest in DC/Stiopic. Much rather see Stipe/Cain, even if we have to wait until the second half of the year.

Everyone wants to see Cormier/Miocic. It's the most quality superfight out there right now outside of Dilla/Mighty Mouse.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#167 » by GameBredAPBT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:32 am

Jasen777 wrote:
Tigersrule wrote:DC domiance just shows how amazing Jon Jones is...It sucks DC had to lose twice to the guy

And/or how awesome roids are.

DC has likely been on PEDs since high school. He was a wrestler at freaking Oklahoma State & after that a captain at the Olympics. You don't get to the highest level of ANY sport, let alone Folkstyle wrestling & high level combat, without being on PEDs. Anyone who disagrees is either foolish or an American consumer that watches too much ESPN.

Jones paid zero attention to cycles & that's why he got caught. He was sloppy & likely had yes men doctors telling him that WME would pay off the testing agency if there was a slip up.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#168 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:25 am

GameBredAPBT wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:No interest in DC/Stiopic. Much rather see Stipe/Cain, even if we have to wait until the second half of the year.

Everyone wants to see Cormier/Miocic. It's the most quality superfight out there right now outside of Dilla/Mighty Mouse.

that's news to me. I haven't heard one person bring it up until Dana thought it was an interesting idea.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#169 » by GameBredAPBT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:18 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:

that's news to me. I haven't heard one person bring it up until Dana thought it was an interesting idea.

Er. What? Fans have been clamoring for DC to move back up since he moved down. Or at least pondering whether or not he could hold gold in both weight classes. You realize he is undefeated at HW & would likely be champ there had his training partner not been contending in the same weight class, right? He was all set to fight for the HW title prior to abruptly deciding to move down. He beat Bigfoot easier than Cain did.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#170 » by GameBredAPBT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:30 am

HW in MMA truly is a dead scene. The only weight class (perhaps 205 as well) that has actually declined in skill & talent over the years. Ngannou is basically a less dynamic Jerome Le Banner (no surprise that Le Banner is one of his main trainers). One dimensional one round power striker. KOing two deflated strikers who should have retired ages ago shouldn't have gotten people thinking he was going through a young (in fight years) wrestler with a decent chin, who has really been dialed in lately, but that's the obnoxious UFC hype machine for you.

Miocic is whatever as well though. I remember way back when he fought del Rosario, I said Miocic would hold gold one day. And then the Struve fight happened, which IMO will forever be a stain on his career, just for the way he lost. But he bounced back & fulfilled my prophecy. His work ethic is mighty impressive. There's just been no one for him to fight. HW is all tired old vets fighting for paychecks. Ngannou wasn't ready for a fight like that (who knows if he'll ever be). Who else does the UFC have on the rise? Blaydes?

All the burgeoning talent within the upper weight classes is in Eastern Europe. Problem is, those regional promotions out there pay big money while WME is handing out measly contracts & have removed sponsors. They'll need to make some serious decisions going forward, because Miocic needs to be fighting guys like Minakov, Pavlovich, even Kharitonov or Aleks Emelianenko, not rematches with Grandpa Werdum & Hunt.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#171 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:04 am

GameBredAPBT wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:

Er. What? Fans have been clamoring for DC to move back up since he moved down. Or at least pondering whether or not he could hold gold in both weight classes. You realize he is undefeated at HW & would likely be champ there had his training partner not been contending in the same weight class, right? He was all set to fight for the HW title prior to abruptly deciding to move down. He beat Bigfoot easier than Cain did.

umm I'm well aware of his success at HW but he hasn't entertained moving back up to HW since he's moved down. He's also dismissed moving back up to HW because he Cain is coming back.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#172 » by GameBredAPBT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:08 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:that's news to me. I haven't heard one person bring it up until Dana thought it was an interesting idea.

umm I'm well aware of his success at HW but he hasn't entertained moving back up to HW since he's moved down. He's also dismissed moving back up to HW because he Cain is coming back.

"Cain is coming back" is MMA's version of "LeBron to Lakers"
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#173 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:51 pm

GameBredAPBT wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:Stipe would go through DC easily. I'd rather see Stipe/Cain, if Cain is healthy.

Cormier would work Miocic. He was better at HW than he is at LHW. AKA just didn't want two of their top guys fighting for the title so one moved down. Cormier was better than Velasquez at HW. He went through a better Bigfoot a lot quicker than Cain did.

The only way I could see Miocic beating him is DC having a massive drop off due to age.

That's hilarious. :lol: DC hasn't been a heavyweight for 5 years. I stand by my comment, Stipe would go through DC easily.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#174 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:30 pm

GameBredAPBT wrote:HW in MMA truly is a dead scene. The only weight class (perhaps 205 as well) that has actually declined in skill & talent over the years. Ngannou is basically a less dynamic Jerome Le Banner (no surprise that Le Banner is one of his main trainers). One dimensional one round power striker. KOing two deflated strikers who should have retired ages ago shouldn't have gotten people thinking he was going through a young (in fight years) wrestler with a decent chin, who has really been dialed in lately, but that's the obnoxious UFC hype machine for you.

Miocic is whatever as well though. I remember way back when he fought del Rosario, I said Miocic would hold gold one day. And then the Struve fight happened, which IMO will forever be a stain on his career, just for the way he lost. But he bounced back & fulfilled my prophecy. His work ethic is mighty impressive. There's just been no one for him to fight. HW is all tired old vets fighting for paychecks. Ngannou wasn't ready for a fight like that (who knows if he'll ever be). Who else does the UFC have on the rise? Blaydes?

All the burgeoning talent within the upper weight classes is in Eastern Europe. Problem is, those regional promotions out there pay big money while WME is handing out measly contracts & have removed sponsors. They'll need to make some serious decisions going forward, because Miocic needs to be fighting guys like Minakov, Pavlovich, even Kharitonov or Aleks Emelianenko, not rematches with Grandpa Werdum & Hunt.

A forty-year-old potato farmer and a hepatitis B/C-carrying convicted rapist are different than Werdum and Hunt?

Me thinks you are overstating the case against the ufc.

LOL @ Ngannou being a lesser JLB. JLB was a pedigreed kickboxer/boxer who never took a back step, stood in the pocket, planted his feet, and threw traditional power punching combinations. WTF does that have to do with FN?
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#175 » by REDDzone » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:35 pm

I legitimately LOLed @ "Aleks Emelianenko". You had me hooked for a TLDR and saved the troll give until the very last sentence.

Bravo.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#176 » by REDDzone » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:37 pm

I was thinking about this recently...I really don't know if we can consider Holloway the best FW in the world until he goes through someone like Joachim Hansen.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#177 » by GameBredAPBT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:20 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:

That's hilarious. :lol: DC hasn't been a heavyweight for 5 years. I stand by my comment, Stipe would go through DC easily.

Okay....based upon what, exactly? He's not a better fighter than Cormier. He hasn't beaten better guys than him either. Outside of Ngannou, who is still greener than broccoli, his marquee wins are over old fart has beens with shot chins. Cormier went 5 rounds with Jon freaking Jones & Alex Gustaffson.

Miocic is actually like a poor man's Cormier. Not as good of a wrestler, slightly better boxing, but not better striking for MMA. I don't see how he beats him, unless Cormier shows age out of nowhere.

Moving up to HW isn't as drastic as moving down to 205. If anything, Cormier will come in looking much healthier & replenished.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#178 » by GameBredAPBT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:22 pm

REDDzone wrote:I legitimately LOLed @ "Aleks Emelianenko". You had me hooked for a TLDR and saved the troll give until the very last sentence.

Bravo.

Have you seen Aleks recently? He has been fighting consistently again & looks the best he has ever looked in his life. Against journeymen, sure, but he is back training full-time & has been crushing his opponents. Rumour has it he'll be facing Big Foot soon & that Bellator is looking to bring him over.

He's not that old either. He's 36.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#179 » by GameBredAPBT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:24 pm

REDDzone wrote:I was thinking about this recently...I really don't know if we can consider Holloway the best FW in the world until he goes through someone like Joachim Hansen.

wut. Hansen hasn't fought in almost two years. Nice attempt at sarcasm though.

Aleks is on a two fight win streak. Two brutal TKO victories over Geronimo Dos Santos & Virgil Zwicker. Again, journeymen, but higher level journeymen, and certainly not easy outs. He's literally in better fight shape than he's ever been in before.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#180 » by GameBredAPBT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:26 pm

UFC HW division has no one. Name some up & comers for Miocic to face besides Blaydes.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts