Bellator Bicentennial: Mousasi v. Carvalho, 5/25

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: Bellator Bicentennial: Mousasi v. Carvalho, 5/25 

Post#21 » by cowboyronnie » Sat May 26, 2018 10:24 pm

I think Vassell was as tired as anything, honestly. That was not a KO shot. LV had been slopping around for the entire second half of the fight. I think he just sort of toppled. No way does that same shot KO him in the 1st.

LOL @ MVP locker room interview. "My interest is the Crown. Rory MacDonald has the Crown, so Rory MacDonald is the main goal. But in a couple of fights, maybe he doesn't have the crown. So I don't want to give a name. Because I'm not sure who is going to be there when I am ready." What a crock of ****. This guy has no interest in ever having a challenging fight. Bring on Saad Awad.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#22 » by REDDzone » Sun May 27, 2018 1:06 am

I assumed Carvalho would be above blue belt level since he's Brazilian. That's the thing with being a vicious KO artist...doesn't mean anything when the grappling skill gap is THAT wide.

Mousasi's outside trip on Carvalho's kimura attempt was so beautiful.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#23 » by Bernman » Mon May 28, 2018 4:37 am

Still don't think Carvalho did much wrong to deride his ground game. He put up resistance for a while and just needed to get to the end of the round where he could have gotten separation and off the cage for a 2nd chance (not saying he should get that, just those are the rules for everybody). Mousasi is just that slick once he gets you in that position and commits to that part of his game. He's swam on foos on the ground for almost a decade.

Next up for this weekend's combatants:

Mousasi vs. Shlemenko 2
MVP vs. Larkin (Rory vs. Koreshkov)
Carvalho vs. Njokuani
Phil Davis vs. Big Country
Shipman vs. Honeycutt
Tokov vs. Manhoef
Van Steenis vs. Sakara
Vassell vs. Nemkov
Rickels vs. Derek Anderson
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts